Finished Mafia XLVI - Salem Forces ~ ENDGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, coaching to me is one of those thing we say happens but really hasn't in a while. Scum may help, but they never really tell someone exactly what to say. @Other Players Note the wording of this section btw. Is there anything that catches your eye?
No, it's just Jabber stating the fact that scum have a scumchat.
NinjaPenguin, you made me spend about 15 minutes trying to figure out the wording thing.
The only strange thing I see in the wording is the sentence "Scum HAVE a scumchat". If he is referring to scum as a noun that is not him, I think it should say "Scum HAS a scumchat", which will be the same as "It has a scumchat". But he used "have", maybe unconsciously referring to himself as scum, like saying "I have a scumchat".
But on the other hand, he could refer to scum as "they", like saying "They have a scumchat".

My head is gonna blow up if I continue analyzing this.
This is overanalyzing IMO. The difference between "have" and "has" doesn't really matter, this point is super reachy and is almost certainly just Jabber making a mistype. Things happen y'know.
Because I have a read based on that section's wording that's pretty tenuous, so I want to ask other people to look at it for if they see what I see. I'm worried me posting it in thread will just convince people to accept it even if it's a pretty weak connection that nobody else can see.
You should post it anyways; why would you be hesitant to post a point? That's silly and very unlike you, NP.

Day 1, Vote-Count #2

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player with the most votes is tagged.
- The majority to put on trial is 7.
- There have been no trials yet today, meaning you have 4 trials left.
- Please bring any errors to my attention.

FlavorfulPineApl (3): GekkisaiDaiNi, Jabberwock, mordacazir.
Jabberwock (0): NinjaPenguin.

Jadethepokemontrainer (0): mordacazir.

Mariano11887 (1): Jadethepokemontrainer, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK.

mordacazir (0): quakingpunch73.

quakingpunch73 (2): FlavorfulPineApl, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (0): scattered mind.

@TheSceptileMaster (4): Mariano11887, scattered mind, quakingpunch73, NinjaPenguin. TSM is at T-3

@GM DracLord has yet to say anything, if he says nothing by the end of the day he'll be subbed out. As for the rest of you, piece of advice, take advantage of the trial system. It may be foreign but that shouldn't scare you from using it.

It's also extremely easy for someone who's town meta is being inactive to mimic that as scum.
Surely you're not serious. That's a classic example of WIFOM.
Eh, coaching to me is one of those thing we say happens but really hasn't in a while. Scum may help, but they never really tell someone exactly what to say.
WIFOM again! There's only one reason why you'd know whether any given player is being coached or not––and that's if you're in a QT with that player.

Well, it is WIFOM, but it's also the truth. :x
WIFOM isn't a valid point against people though.
No, it's just Jabber stating the fact that scum have a scumchat.

This is overanalyzing IMO. The difference between "have" and "has" doesn't really matter, this point is super reachy and is almost certainly just Jabber making a mistype. Things happen y'know.

You should post it anyways; why would you be hesitant to post a point? That's silly and very unlike you, NP.
Woo read the answer I said Gekki! When someone makes a tenuous read, people will still go along with the point. I wanted to see if I was being too insane with my reading of that post or if other people would see it too. But I didn't realize I'd end up wasting so much of people's time...

WIFOM isn't a valid point against people though.

Woo read the answer I said Gekki! When someone makes a tenuous read, people will still go along with the point. I wanted to see if I was being too insane with my reading of that post or if other people would see it too. But I didn't realize I'd end up wasting so much of people's time...
I did; I just think that's weird reasoning. The way you posted it made people see your point anyways.

Not seeing much to work off of right now. Nick is seeming kinda scummy, but I'm really just seeing it as newbie play. I'm gonna read through the day again to make sure I didn't miss anything~

I find it quite interesting how scattered is making the majority of his posts in the thread going to bat for Jade about this one small thing, and I think that may possibly indicate a connection with Jade. Remember this for the future. Also, minor backpedaling on him.
@scattered mind Thoughts on other stuff?
To me it looked like scattered was shifting attention away from @FlavorfulPineApl , trying to protect his semi-inactive scumbuddy. Maybe it’s a long reach, but it was just something i wanted to comment about.
The point of asking you that question was to try and get you to state your case so people could understand the point without having to extreme overanalyze like @Mariano11887 did.
He already stated it right here:
Eh close enough you are looking at what I was too with the singular/plural thing. He said that a newbie scum would have scumbuddies (plural), yet 3 scum (which would be required for this wording to be true) in each faction is ridiculous in this game size. Which makes it read as a townslip. Or Jabber just saying that as a force of habit.

Not seeing much to work off of right now. Nick is seeming kinda scummy, but I'm really just seeing it as newbie play. I'm gonna read through the day again to make sure I didn't miss anything~
Perhaps i am trying to gain hate to watch you all argue with me over the frivolous *unimportant* facts i spread just for the fun of it.

I'd like to see the results of this revision.

Perhaps i am trying to gain hate to watch you all argue with me over the frivolous *unimportant* facts i spread just for the fun of it.
This isn't a reason for not doing scumhunting. And now that I mentioned it, I revised your posts in this thread and couldn't find any one doing it.
I don't vote you right now just because TheSceptileMaster appear to be more scummy than you, but you are my second option.

There is a role in Town of Salem called Jester. They try to be lynched, and when they are, they kill one of the people that voted for them during the night. They are not aligned with anyone other than themselves. @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK is almost certainly Jester, or is making really trash noob plays. I'm not gonna vote for him since PineApl and TSM are still scummy in a non-Jester-y way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back