Finished Mafia XLVI - Salem Forces ~ ENDGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
NP, I wasn’t trying to make efforts to make you look scummy, you said you were confirmed town and I really didn’t understand why due to the other existence of team/indies whatever.

And I didn’t use the word Coven because it is a new word for me. Never heard it before (I’m not a native speaker)

Hey I'm gonna be on iPad for next two and a half days including now, so expect small infrequent posts because this site sucks on mobile and especially an iPad Mini 1.
I quite like Mariano's reads, though we have no reason to hang Drac since he's dying tonight (nobody heal him), so I'd go with scattered, since all of his efforts to prevent me from being cleared scream desperate scum and he's once again not been making connections, which is pretty indicative of his recent scum meta.
##VOTE: scattered mind

I've already claimed, so I'd say it's a good idea. Sheriff and Doc are potentially left though, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. The again, we do need all the help we can get right now.
Since @GM DracLord is gonna die tonight, it would certainly be best for him to claim, as he won't get to tell us his results tomorrow.

On an earlier post you request the doctor not to protect anybody and now the way I read it you are suggesting that nobody heal me. This 2 posts make me think you are aligned with the coven. Seeing that if I never claim to be poison, the doctor didn't protect anyone and I will die. I conclude you kinda knew there'ss a poisoner in game hence making you aligned with the coven

Also, I can still be save if someone cures me. Surely the coven would rather I die.

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin

On an earlier post you request the doctor not to protect anybody and now the way I read it you are suggesting that nobody heal me. This 2 posts make me think you are aligned with the coven. Seeing that if I never claim to be poison, the doctor didn't protect anyone and I will die. I conclude you kinda knew there'ss a poisoner in game hence making you aligned with the coven

Also, I can still be save if someone cures me. Surely the coven would rather I die.

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin
There's a very good chance you're a Jugg or at least a member of the Coven, so it only makes sense to let you die. From your point of view, you may be a townie. But from mine, you're most likely scum. A.K.A. This is basically an OMGUS.
The one person I request the doctor to protect is themself, since they are the only person they know is 100% confirmed town. And Quaking should use a vest on himself. And I'll of course take a protection, but there's no real reason to kill someone who's vanilla at this point.
NP, I wasn’t trying to make efforts to make you look scummy, you said you were confirmed town and I really didn’t understand why due to the other existence of team/indies whatever.

And I didn’t use the word Coven because it is a new word for me. Never heard it before (I’m not a native speaker)
Is Juggernaut a word you've heard before?

Backpedal.
I can see where NP's coming from, even if it's faulty logic. Wouldn't say it's a scumtell.
There's a very good chance you're a Jugg or at least a member of the Coven, so it only makes sense to let you die. From your point of view, you may be a townie. But from mine, you're most likely scum.
He's been poisoned. There's literally no chance that he's part of the coven.
This is basically an OMGUS.
No, it isn't. You never pressured him. It's not an OMGUS. Nice try though.
The one person I request the doctor to protect is themself, since they are the only person they know is 100% confirmed town. And Quaking should use a vest on himself. And I'll of course take a protection, but there's no real reason to kill someone who's vanilla at this point.
Does the doc protect from the NK or heal poison in this game?

Gonna be at San Jose Regs all day, so V/LA for a while. Currently reading scattered as juggernaut, NP and mord as coven by process of elimination. ##VOTE: SCATTERED MIND

Did quaking claim to be some role that is not a townie? And if so, what's the reason not to lynch him?

Don't like this either. NP explained what the juggernaut does; you even used the word yourself, showing that you're aware of its presence. If you knew what it does, then you should've also known that before anything else, the juggernaut needs to go.

Wait.. I don't understand. You replied with that quote to my quote above, but in that quote of mine I am referring to Quaking's claim of being a surv, (which later on I saw means survivor) so what does that have to do with the Jugger thing? I am confused.

Day 3, Vote-Count #1

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player with the most votes is tagged.
- The majority to put on trial is 4.
- There have been no trials yet today, meaning you have 3 trials left.

NinjaPenguin (1): GM DracLord.
scattered mind (2): NinjaPenguin, Jabberwock. T-2

Gekki was legitimately scummy. He claimed early, strawmanned, and his points on just about everyone could be boiled down to WIFOM. I'm astounded he flipped town.
I don't agree with this. Gekki did some strange plays but nothing too convincing to mark him as scum.
NP's not confotown, just slightly less likely to be scum than everyone else. Don't automatically assume that he's cleared.
Yeah, I know. If he does something suspicious, my eye will be over him too.
That's a more WIFOMy point than anything Gekki's done all game. :U
I beleive this is the moment to ask. Can someone explain me what's the meaning of WIFOM? I know it stands for "Wine In Front Of Me" and I read its definition in the Mafia Master Document, but I still don't understand it :(
You're looking into that assuming from the start that I'm aligned with the coven, which is a faulty assumption to begin with. If it helps your reads at all, I'm convinced scattered is anti-town and likely juggernaut.
It can be possible. I needed to assing the remaining roles to the players alive, so if I made a mistake with someone, another player will take the vacant role.

Regarding the votes... I won't be online in the next couple of hours so I'll ##VOTE: scattered mind because I beleive he is part of the Coven, he already has 2 votes and looks like a good candidate for the first trial of the day.

@Lord o da rings Pikachuu liked my last post. Just alerting you.
Backpedal.

I can see where NP's coming from, even if it's faulty logic. Wouldn't say it's a scumtell.

He's been poisoned. There's literally no chance that he's part of the coven.

No, it isn't. You never pressured him. It's not an OMGUS. Nice try though.

Does the doc protect from the NK or heal poison in this game?

Gonna be at San Jose Regs all day, so V/LA for a while. Currently reading scattered as juggernaut, NP and mord as coven by process of elimination. ##VOTE: SCATTERED MIND
In real ToS, Doc protects and heals. I'd assume this would be the same. Note that morda and I are scum by PoE, but Mariano still is out there and so is Drac, even if we shouldn't hang him today.
It was at the very same page so I didn't have to recall it.
Someone not on an iPad, please check to see if the word Coven was there earlier on that page.
I don't agree with this. Gekki did some strange plays but nothing too convincing to mark him as scum.

Yeah, I know. If he does something suspicious, my eye will be over him too.

I beleive this is the moment to ask. Can someone explain me what's the meaning of WIFOM? I know it stands for "Wine In Front Of Me" and I read its definition in the Mafia Master Document, but I still don't understand it :(

It can be possible. I needed to assing the remaining roles to the players alive, so if I made a mistake with someone, another player will take the vacant role.

Regarding the votes... I won't be online in the next couple of hours so I'll ##VOTE: scattered mind because I beleive he is part of the Coven, he already has 2 votes and looks like a good candidate for the first trial of the day.
WIFOM is basically analyzing actions in a way that leads to logic like "Scum could have killed Joey to eliminate threats to them, but they could have done it to frame Mark, but they could have expected we'd think that and killed the threat to them, etc." The term is based on the kind of logic used in a Monty Python scene.
Drac could be lying.

Probably protect from nightkill.

Right now I think quaking and NP are almost defenitely town and Jabber and mariano the most scummy. Will make a better post tommorow but just wanted to put my thoughts out here.
Interesting agreed thought with me on a potential Jabber Mariano scumteam. Certainly increases his chance of being town in my mind.

WIFOM is basically analyzing actions in a way that leads to logic like "Scum could have killed Joey to eliminate threats to them, but they could have done it to frame Mark, but they could have expected we'd think that and killed the threat to them, etc." The term is based on the kind of logic used in a Monty Python scene.
It's a bit complicated term, but I think I got the idea. Thanks!

That's a more WIFOMy point than anything Gekki's done all game. :U
Haha yes, maybe. I only tried to guess what was your idea at that moment.

Right now I think quaking and NP are almost defenitely town and Jabber and mariano the most scummy. Will make a better post tommorow but just wanted to put my thoughts out here.
Looking forward to see it :)

Back o/

It was at the very same page so I didn't have to recall it.
NP started talking about the coven literally the post right after the Daybreak update, and we as the collective town have definitely been talking about it for much longer.
It's not a backpedal. Read what I said. quote my 2 posts and show where the backpedal is.
Yeah okay I'll concede this. I guess I read your first couple of posts as being more accusatory than they really were. It's still a backpedal 'cause you made a point and then took it back, but it's not a particularly scummy one.
Wait.. I don't understand. You replied with that quote to my quote above, but in that quote of mine I am referring to Quaking's claim of being a surv, (which later on I saw means survivor) so what does that have to do with the Jugger thing? I am confused.
It has to do with the juggernaut because you ignored the biggest threat (the juggernaut) in favor of what you had hoped would be an easy lynch (the survivor). The fact that you're aware of the juggernaut's existence means that you couldn't have overlooked it as a threat; ergo, you consciously chose not to go after it. Because you're the juggernaut.
The case on Gekki made way more sense than your case on Drac. :U
Drac could be lying.
Poison is an incredibly risky thing to lie about. If Drac doesn't die tonight then it's obvious he was lying, and he'll be turbolynched tomorrow. There's still a decent chance that we'll have a "tomorrow", so it's not the sort of play I can see Drac making. It's just too risky.
It's not Monty Python. It's a reference to a scene from The Princess Bride. For shame, NP. :U (fwiw that link is well worth a watch; it's the prime example of WIFOM––literally)

QUOTE="Jabberwock, post: 2910009, member: 107419"]##VOTE: FLAVORFULPINEAPL

What past experiences might those be? Don't think I've seen you 'round these parts. ^.^[/QUOTE]

Pressuring newbies.

Nope, it's absolutely an echo. The essence of a rhetorical question is that it implies an answer––what Jade said was exactly what Gekki said in content if not in semantics, only without the question mark––which is a textbook definition of an echo.

Would be delightful if you could point out what these suspect actions might be. ^.^

Guiging mariano to make a good post while not looking scummy.

IDC if you don't have any scumreads; it's still early, but you're not remotely trying to scumhunt––not even by RVSing. What's up with that?

This a huge echo and I don’t know why no one has noticed that.

Scum have a scumchat. Trying to figure out what a new scum player is "smart enough" to do is incredibly WIFOMy, because they might––or might not––be coached by their scumbuddies.

“Scum have a scumchat” Are you sure about that? This is before any mafia killed and still hes so sure that scum has a scumchat. Also brings up coaching out of the blue.

Also, thoughts on the TSM thing:

I don't have an opinion either way yet, and that's dangerous. The case on him is built entirely off his inactivity––so we get next to no information from his lynch if it goes through. I don't read his inactivity as a scumtell––it's just a thing he does, albeit a really annoying thing. Scum would love nothing more rn than for us to lynch a townie whose flip gives us no information about anyone.

This is really towny, cant think of any reason a scum player would do this except for looking towny,

Jabberwock abstained.

This is classic scum not wanting to give information about himself. Mariano did vote guilty, and that makes me think jabber and him are scum buddies even more. This s because mariano is new to the game, and it can be shrugged of by his newbieness and town cred he built up that day, which he later did, by saying: “Ok, that clearly surprised me. I might be a beginner, but i would like to know what happened?

Yeah there's nothing I can say about that; I just wasn't able to get on again to cast a vote like I thought I would.

@Mariano11887 I would suggest placing your vote sooner rather than later. I suspect that's why so many people (me included) abstained from voting in the trial––they thought, "ohhey there are 24 hours ofc I'll have more time" and then something came up and they weren't able to get back.

Of course you weren’t able to get on again -_- Were you busy in your scumchat? Also saying me included just to say it again and put an emphasis on that.

Need to do my homework right now will continue this later

Alright. I'm going to ##Vote: Scattered mind for the virtue of getting someone on trial.

This is classic scum not wanting to give information about himself. Mariano did vote guilty, and that makes me think jabber and him are scum buddies even more. This s because mariano is new to the game, and it can be shrugged of by his newbieness and town cred he built up that day, which he later did, by saying: “Ok, that clearly surprised me. I might be a beginner, but i would like to know what happened?
Most people abstained on the first trial of Day 1, does that make them "classic scum"?

QUOTE="Jabberwock, post: 2910009, member: 107419"]##VOTE: FLAVORFULPINEAPL

What past experiences might those be? Don't think I've seen you 'round these parts. ^.^

Pressuring newbies.

Guiging mariano to make a good post while not looking scummy.

This a huge echo and I don’t know why no one has noticed that.

“Scum have a scumchat” Are you sure about that? This is before any mafia killed and still hes so sure that scum has a scumchat. Also brings up coaching out of the blue.

This is really towny, cant think of any reason a scum player would do this except for looking towny,

Of course you weren’t able to get on again -_- Were you busy in your scumchat? Also saying me included just to say it again and put an emphasis on that.

Need to do my homework right now will continue this later[/QUOTE]
Morda, I think you're reading too hard into his. Pressuring newbies is a bad scumtell imo, it's fine to assume scum have a scumchat, and that D1 vote stuff could just as easily be applied to Gekki or scattered (I think). I think Jabber is Coven (prob. with you or Mariano), but you're hardcore alignment tunneling on this one. Anyway, scattered is almost surely anti-town, and likely Jugg, which is more important.

Day 3, Trial #1

Welcome to the first trial of the day! It looks like @scattered mind is on trial for conspiracy against the town.

Alright, everyone besides Scattered you have until 9AM EST tomorrow* to vote 'Guilty' or 'Innocent' in your PM with me. Not submitting a vote (which you can do, and won't be penalized for) means you 'Abstain'. Scattered will have this time to plead his case in the thread as well, and the floor is still completely open to discussion. If he is determined innocent he will be free and the game will resume, however if he is determined guilty he will be hanged, his role revealed, and the day will end.

* - deadline subject to change slightly

I am the mayor

You are the Mayor and are aligned with the Town. You’re the leader of the town, and once you reveal your identity you will be trusted completely.

Passive Ability - Mayor’s Power: LOCKED

Active Ability - Reveal: One night during the game (starting N0), you may PM me ‘Reveal’. In the daybreak update that morning, it will be revealed that you are the Mayor. However, it comes at a price. Upon revealing, the doctor will be unable to heal you.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Town.

I'll use my ability tonight to prove me innocent, so you have no reason to lynch me until tomorrow. If you don't see that host message tomorrow - then I am confirmed scum.

Although you guys didn't pressure me enough for me to reveal. Which is very unlike for veteran players like you guys.

There's a slight chance that SM would be executed and the day will end with me dying without being healed.

So here is my role
You are the Sheriff and are aligned with the Town. You’re a stealthy sheriff who was forced into hiding by the Mafia, and is looking to find them out.

Active Ability - Interrogating: Every night you may PM me ‘Interrogate [PLAYER]’. You will learn if they are involved in any suspicious activity.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Town.

and here are my communication
Interrogating
Jade
Your target is not suspicious.
Interrogating
quakingpunch73
Your target is not suspicious.

You have been poisoned! You will die tomorrow unless you are cured!

Assuming the coven don't have the special ability to hide from the sheriff, this result clears quaking from being a coven member.

However he could still be the Juggernaut as far as I concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back