Finished Mafia XLVI - Salem Forces ~ ENDGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3

FlavorfulPineApl was killed last night. He was assaulted by a Juggernaut. His role was:
You are the Godfather and are aligned with the Mafia. You were once the Mayor, and had been the town’s faithful leader for almost five years. However, after an upset loss while running for Mayor again, you turned to the dark side…

Passive Ability - Secret Society: You will be able to communicate in a QT with the other members of the mafia. [QT link]

Passive Ability - Not A Suspect: Since you were once the town’s trustworthy leader, why would they ever suspect you? If the Sheriff sees you, he will read you as not suspicious.

Passive Ability - Bodyguard Protection: You have your Bodyguards protecting your house at all times, since you’re such an important person. Because of this, you have Basic defense.

Active Ability - Gunpoint: Every night you may PM me ‘Kill [PLAYER]’, and you will attack them with a Basic attack.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Mafia.

GekkisaiDaiNi was killed last night. He was killed by a
Necromancer's Ghoul. His role was:
You are the Bodyguard and are aligned with the Town. You’re an ex-cop who sells protection to make a living.

Active Ability - Guard: Every night you may PM me ‘Guard [PLAYER]’. This player will be guarded by you. If they are attacked at night, you and the attacker will fight. They will attack you, and you will unleash a Powerful attack on them.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Town.

- Day 3 has begun and will end Wednesday November 29, 2017 at 8PM EST, or 132 hours from now (your welcome).
- Reminder that the entire day is the trial phase now, take advantage of it.
- You have 3 trials each day. The majority to trial is 4.

OMG there's Juggernaut. I know I should have suspected Lorde would include her favorite role, but-uh-eeeeeek! It's gonna kill every night from now on, will have basic defense after tomorrow, will Rampage (kill anybody who visited their target), and then their attacks go through protection. So yay...
And also, if you wanted any proof for me being town, just note that someone on my list was indeed maf.
I know we still have Coven and maybe maf, but I'm gonna warn you from experience that Jugg quickly becomes so much worse. This night will be the best night for anybody to unleash their attacks on the town. I'd even ask a potential doctor to not protect anybody (but maybe themselves), because this is the one night anybody can kill the Jugg and we can't waste it.
@Lord o da rings Is the mafia eliminated?
And can anyone claim being targeted by the maf kill?

My early suspects for Jugg: Quaking and scattered. I'm not quite sure why, I just get that indie vibe from them. I'll actually do some legit ISOing later in the day phase, but I'm going on Limited Access for the next three days.

OMG there's Juggernaut. I know I should have suspected Lorde would include her favorite role, but-uh-eeeeeek! It's gonna kill every night from now on, will have basic defense after tomorrow, will Rampage (kill anybody who visited their target), and then their attacks go through protection. So yay...
And also, if you wanted any proof for me being town, just note that someone on my list was indeed maf.

That doesn't prove you're town, as you can be the other bad team/that Juggernaut thing.

That doesn't prove you're town, as you can be the other bad team/that Juggernaut thing.
So at the beginning of D1, I randomly claimed a list of three people who weren't my buddies (which there was an almost 30% chance I'd be completely wrong on one being scum as Coven and 33% chance I'd be completely wrong as Jugg) and then I killed either one (if I was Jugg) or two (if I was Coven) of them, which would only expedite my fake list potentially being discovered?

Quaking are you surv? It's the only option that makes sense at this point, especially because I'm pretty sure the Consig found out about it.
Yes. I am, but I was able to help town in the process, catching the Consig and the GF through finding out that his results were fake. I was not sure how the town would react yesterday, but now I feel more comfortable claiming surv, since I've proven my worth to them.

So at the beginning of D1, I randomly claimed a list of three people who weren't my buddies (which there was an almost 30% chance I'd be completely wrong on one being scum as Coven and 33% chance I'd be completely wrong as Jugg) and then I killed either one (if I was Jugg) or two (if I was Coven) of them, which would only expedite my fake list potentially being discovered?

I didn't say the list could be fake. The list could be real with you being on the other team, and that list would be still good for you in that case. Still not a possible to you?
I really feel like new to Mafia in this game. There are lots of new terms and roles, and I find it hard to both catch up with the terminology and the thread. So sorry if I don't make sense with my interpretation of what's going on, I just still want to try to participate, at least :p

Did quaking claim to be some role that is not a townie? And if so, what's the reason not to lynch him?

12 players

- 2 Mafia (Eliminated)
- 3 Town - Killed

- @quakingpunch73
- @NinjaPenguin
- @Jabberwock
- @mordacazir
- @scattered mind
- @Mariano11887
- @GM DracLord

Out of these 7 people there is at least the Juggernaut (I'm guessing an indie) and I's guessing the coven is consist of 2 people. Leaving only 4 town left.
If we lynch a townie today

1. Worst come to worst the Juggernaut and coven will kill 1 town each leaving the town at 1 person on day 4.
2. The only best possible outcome is the indie and coven attack one another on night 3. Resulting in 0 Indie 1 Coven and 3 Town tomorrow.

I didn't say the list could be fake. The list could be real with you being on the other team, and that list would be still good for you in that case. Still not a possible to you?
I really feel like new to Mafia in this game. There are lots of new terms and roles, and I find it hard to both catch up with the terminology and the thread. So sorry if I don't make sense with my interpretation of what's going on, I just still want to try to participate, at least :p

Did quaking claim to be some role that is not a townie? And if so, what's the reason not to lynch him?
My role wins with town, so for all intensive purposes, I am basically town. If you lynch me today, you are wasting a lynch on someone whose primary goal at this point is to help town, and giving Scum and Indie free kills. Nick's results, which I confess to lying about yesterday, confirm that I am Surv, so lynching me today is incredibly anti-town.

Full disclosrue . The reason I’m guessing the covern consist of 2 people because I belive the one controlling the ghoul is different from the poisoner in game. I know there a poisoner as Im dying today

This night will be the best night for anybody to unleash their attacks on the town.
Don't like the wording of this. Nobody should be trying to hit town––they should be going for whoever's not aligned with the town. And how are you so sure that the juggernaut won't be lynched today?
As long as I'm on the topic of reaching for wording––scattered can remember the name of the juggernaut, but not the name of the coven, probably because "juggernaut" is the name of his role.
Don't like this either. NP explained what the juggernaut does; you even used the word yourself, showing that you're aware of its presence. If you knew what it does, then you should've also known that before anything else, the juggernaut needs to go.

A couple of things, in chronological order:

- Apologies for not changing my vote to inno at the end of Nick's trial, I thought we had a little more time.
- On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't change it because he was Mafia :D.
- Didn't know about the Juggernaut. I read his role on the internet and seems very powerful, so I completely agree to go after him.
- I'd like to analyze each of you, write a small paragraph of what I think you are. But before I do that, can anyone tell me how to make a Spoiler tag?

Full disclosrue . The reason I’m guessing the covern consist of 2 people because I belive the one controlling the ghoul is different from the poisoner in game. I know there a poisoner as Im dying today
Wut you’re dead today or tonight and why have @Jabberwock and @Mariano11887 just skipped over this post? Also if youre going to die today this whole post doesnt make sense:
12 players

- 2 Mafia (Eliminated)
- 3 Town - Killed

- @quakingpunch73
- @NinjaPenguin
- @Jabberwock
- @mordacazir
- @scattered mind
- @Mariano11887
- @GM DracLord

Out of these 7 people there is at least the Juggernaut (I'm guessing an indie) and I's guessing the coven is consist of 2 people. Leaving only 4 town left.
If we lynch a townie today

1. Worst come to worst the Juggernaut and coven will kill 1 town each leaving the town at 1 person on day 4.
2. The only best possible outcome is the indie and coven attack one another on night 3. Resulting in 0 Indie 1 Coven and 3 Town tomorrow.
As long as I'm on the topic of reaching for wording––scattered can remember the name of the juggernaut, but not the name of the coven, probably because "juggernaut" is the name of his role.
It’s a small detail but its something to keep in mind I guess.
- I'd like to analyze each of you, write a small paragraph of chat I think you are. But before I do that, can anyone tell me how to make a Spoiler tag?
Its left to the save icon.

Its left to the save icon.
Thanks!

7 people remaining in the game. 1 is Juggernaut, 1 is the Survivor, 2 may be Coven, so the rest (3) are Town. I'll make that assumption to assign roles in my analysis:

- quakingpunch73: He ended up claiming Survivor after NP's question, and that role sounds pretty logical for him. Look at this post:
On the Jester situation, I don't think that Nick is a Jester, just an annoying town. Within this set-up, there are three, potentially 4 factions going by the OP. This already counts for 11 players, since, if there were more than one indie, there would be at most 6 town players, giving all non-town factions parity at the start of the game, and heavily favoring the game in their favor. Furthermore, if there was a neutral, it would likely be a Neutral Benign role in Town of Salem, since any other neutral in the game is poised against Town in some regard, which, again favors the game in scum. Though, at this point in the day, we really should take advantage of the trial system and advance the day, since we have the ability to do so in this game.
He is talking about the Neutral Beningn role, his one. So, for me, he is the Survivor.
- NinjaPenguin: He raised the suspicion on me when he claimed so early in the game, but it didn't last long. His posts seem very townie. The list he provided of his vision was accurate (or at least matches with the revealed roles of those 3 people), it would have been extremely risky if he lied about it because all the attention would fall on him when the real roles reveal. So, for me, he is part of the Town.
- Jabberwock: I never felt him as a town member. His ideas were almost always against NP, Gekki and Jade ones, now recognized town-aligned people. He had some interesting ideas like why Gekki wasn't NK'd on Night 1 after his claim, but he only used it to put more pressure on Gekki:
Also note, however, that Gekki was very quick to claim yesterday after only a couple votes, and today he doesn't even acknowledge the point he belabored yesterday––that he is a prime target for the nightkill. Also, as a more minor point, he was quite involved with the TSM case, trying twice to get him lynched when the first time didn't work out. And TSM was town. So yeah.
So, in my opinion, he is not aligned with the Town, meaning he is either from Coven or the Juggernaut.
Today he is putting emphasis in chasing the Juggernaut, so I don't that's his role:
Don't like this either. NP explained what the juggernaut does; you even used the word yourself, showing that you're aware of its presence. If you knew what it does, then you should've also known that before anything else, the juggernaut needs to go.
And that means he is from Coven. Look at this post:
@anyone with knowledge of ToS, what's the coven? I was under the impression it was an indie sort of thing based on it being colored purple in the OP, but if they also have an NK then that's ridiculous.
It's a good way to pretend he doesn't even know what the Coven is, so the others don't suspect he's part of it. So, for me, he is part of the Coven.
- mordacazir: He was not very active in this game and that makes him a little scummy, but he mentioned he was going to London tournament so that could be the reason. I see scumhunting from his part, that's positive. His proposal of voting inno on Day 2 can be seen as "protecting" Nick, but we know it wasn't his intention because then he insisted in lynching Nick later in the day. He also has positive points because he taught me how to insert a spoiler tag, hehe (just kidding).
So, for me, he is a member of the Town.
- scattered mind: The most difficult person to analyze because he wasn't too active in the game; he stated he was very busy IRL so that could be the reason. He did scumhunting, which could be a good indicator, but he always went after people who was either from Town or Mafia, he never went after Jabber and that makes me think he is part of the Coven.
Today, on Day 3, he is questioning NP's role, suggesting he could be part of the Coven:
My opinion is it was only to cover up his real role. So, for me, he is part of the Coven.
- Mariano11887: This guy is the worst ToS player ever. But I know he is Town. :)
- GM DracLord: The most independant player I found. It's very difficult to find one of his posts trying to catch someone or discover his role, because he is not interested in doing that. Just look at these posts, he is always bandwagonning and basing on "vibes"
From what I read, NP & GD's interaction is gave me the same vibe as the previous game's discussion
##VOTE: Mariano11887

Your action on the voting and unvoting back really gave me bad vibes
##VOTE @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Yeah it's a bandwagon of sort but since this doesn't mean auto lynch and just meant he is going for trial.
The times I tried to go after him, he never defended himself, maybe because I was the only one who did it and wasn't supported by the other players, so Drac considered he didn't need that defense.
So, for me, he is the Juggernaut.

This is obviously how I see the game at this point, it's nothing definitive and can change over the time. So, beware of your actions ;):D

Would anyone be adverse to a mass claim today? I feel like we could easily dwindle down who the remaining members of the town are through it and therefore figure out anti-town as well.

Hey I'm gonna be on iPad for next two and a half days including now, so expect small infrequent posts because this site sucks on mobile and especially an iPad Mini 1.
I quite like Mariano's reads, though we have no reason to hang Drac since he's dying tonight (nobody heal him), so I'd go with scattered, since all of his efforts to prevent me from being cleared scream desperate scum and he's once again not been making connections, which is pretty indicative of his recent scum meta.
##VOTE: scattered mind
Would anyone be adverse to a mass claim today? I feel like we could easily dwindle down who the remaining members of the town are through it and therefore figure out anti-town as well.
I've already claimed, so I'd say it's a good idea. Sheriff and Doc are potentially left though, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. The again, we do need all the help we can get right now.
Since @GM DracLord is gonna die tonight, it would certainly be best for him to claim, as he won't get to tell us his results tomorrow.

Wut you’re dead today or tonight and why have @Jabberwock and @Mariano11887 just skipped over this post?
I was writing my own post when he said that. Didn't see it before I left for the day. Can't speak for Mariano. :U

- Jabberwock: I never felt him as a town member. His ideas were almost always against NP, Gekki and Jade ones, now recognized town-aligned people. He had some interesting ideas like why Gekki wasn't NK'd on Night 1 after his claim, but he only used it to put more pressure on Gekki:
Gekki was legitimately scummy. He claimed early, strawmanned, and his points on just about everyone could be boiled down to WIFOM. I'm astounded he flipped town.

Jade was never a particularly good lynch; the only point on him was the echo. It was a decent case for the beginning of D1, not so much afterward.

NP's not confotown, just slightly less likely to be scum than everyone else. Don't automatically assume that he's cleared.

It's a good way to pretend he doesn't even know what the Coven is, so the others don't suspect he's part of it. So, for me, he is part of the Coven.
That's a more WIFOMy point than anything Gekki's done all game. :U

- scattered mind: The most difficult person to analyze because he wasn't too active in the game; he stated he was very busy IRL so that could be the reason. He did scumhunting, which could be a good indicator, but he always went after people who was either from Town or Mafia, he never went after Jabber and that makes me think he is part of the Coven.
You're looking into that assuming from the start that I'm aligned with the coven, which is a faulty assumption to begin with. If it helps your reads at all, I'm convinced scattered is anti-town and likely juggernaut.

- GM DracLord: The most independant player I found. It's very difficult to find one of his posts trying to catch someone or discover his role, because he is not interested in doing that. Just look at these posts, he is always bandwagonning and basing on "vibes"

The times I tried to go after him, he never defended himself, maybe because I was the only one who did it and wasn't supported by the other players, so Drac considered he didn't need that defense.
So, for me, he is the Juggernaut.[/QUOTE]
That's kinda Drac's meta. Wouldn't put too much stock in this, as he's played this way in the past as town.

That's ... not a good idea. What that would accomplish is telling the coven/juggernaut who potentially has a doc or a vigkill––which is information they most certainly should not have rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back