Finished Mafia XLV: Heroes of Askr ~ The Winner Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bad reasoning. Just poke people when they're inactive. Really all voting for them ends up doing is dragging conversation away from those who have real cases on them and distract the town.
No. I never pushed Lugia once, and I'm pretty sure that nobody in their right mind (a.k.a. not some psycho inactive who sees things completely the wrong way) would misconstrue me as doing such. I did it for a reason, because Lugia was in fact lurking around that time, which told me that he was not truly inactive, and I thought he was being inactive to try to play more. That's where my vote is in fact more effective than just a tag.

I'll stop talking in that way, but you need to try something too: listen to my arguments and acknowledge them. Because I'm making more and more points you aren't arguing with, but you still insist I'm scum. And then, you don't even make clear points, which is very frustrating for anyone trying to deal with you.
Once again, the posts explain themselves. And I did also give a TLDR of points on him.
This statement is especially annoying, because even if they do explain the point you're looking for, you don't explain what I'm looking for, which helps nobody. Literally, when you said, "You voted for me, then Neuro, then Lugia, then Morda, then me again," you made more sense than any point in your two "cases" because this tells me what you're looking at and consider scummy. If I quote all of Morda's posts and give a tl;dr (which btw stands for "too long; didn't read", implying-you know-that there is something long to read for details), it helps nobody. If I point out specifically where the scumtells lie and why they are scummy, it becomes a real case that can have real debate and defense.

Why is it a bad thing to look into multiple leads at once?
Then why is it a bad thing to look into multiple leads over the same game? This kinda thing is what frustrates me; everything you say on me can be applied to yourself, and often more.

This will be my last post on this subject today, because I want other people to get a chance to read up and talk.

-Led a mislynch on Blob (even though she was modkilled she would probably have been lynched anyways
I have not led the Blob lynch. That long post about Blob is only to sum up what blob has done.
Note that these two posts are within 5 posts of each other
Note that I said that I will probably vote NP again. I literally said that I would change my vote again if you reacted to my post. How is that flip-flopiness.
posting you vote weight is really not scummy since just by voting someone everyone is going to find out anyways.
NP says it is. Idk why it's so scummy.

No. I never pushed Lugia once, and I'm pretty sure that nobody in their right mind (a.k.a. not some psycho inactive who sees things completely the wrong way) would misconstrue me as doing such. I did it for a reason, because Lugia was in fact lurking around that time, which told me that he was not truly inactive, and I thought he was being inactive to try to play more. That's where my vote is in fact more effective than just a tag.

I'll stop talking in that way, but you need to try something too: listen to my arguments and acknowledge them. Because I'm making more and more points you aren't arguing with, but you still insist I'm scum. And then, you don't even make clear points, which is very frustrating for anyone trying to deal with you.

This statement is especially annoying, because even if they do explain the point you're looking for, you don't explain what I'm looking for, which helps nobody. Literally, when you said, "You voted for me, then Neuro, then Lugia, then Morda, then me again," you made more sense than any point in your two "cases" because this tells me what you're looking at and consider scummy. If I quote all of Morda's posts and give a tl;dr (which btw stands for "too long; didn't read", implying-you know-that there is something long to read for details), it helps nobody. If I point out specifically where the scumtells lie and why they are scummy, it becomes a real case that can have real debate and defense.

Then why is it a bad thing to look into multiple leads over the same game? This kinda thing is what frustrates me; everything you say on me can be applied to yourself, and often more.

This will be my last post on this subject today, because I want other people to get a chance to read up and talk.
What points have you made that I haven't argued with? Iirc, I've rebutted every point you've made.

I pointed out which posts the scumminess occurred in, and I said what I found scummy. If you read the posts, you can see what I meant. That's what I mean by the posts explain themselves.

You had an RVS, two pressure votes, and two real votes. So technically you're looking into multiple leads but you aren't really trying to make a case. All you said in your vote for me was "I don't like the way he handled the Blob situation". The only actual case you've made is the case on morda.
I have not led the Blob lynch. That long post about Blob is only to sum up what blob has done.

Note that I said that I will probably vote NP again. I literally said that I would change my vote again if you reacted to my post. How is that flip-flopiness.

That long post on Blob was the only real case that was made on her. And she flipped town, so that makes you look bad.

The act of changing your vote to me and saying that you'd change it right back is flipfloppy.

What points have you made that I haven't argued with? Iirc, I've rebutted every point you've made.
Literally every post in my defense you just said wrong and moved on. Sure it's arguing, but you argue by repeating your original argument instead of arguing against my defense.
I pointed out which posts the scumminess occurred in, and I said what I found scummy. If you read the posts, you can see what I meant. That's what I mean by the posts explain themselves.
Gekki you don't get how this works, so I'll actually make a Gekki case rn (on my tertiary scumread) and you can feel free to understand it or not:
I don't have much time to read back tonight, so if someone would be willing to catch me up a bit on leads and stuff, that would be wonderful. Thanks!
after reading through Gekki's case on Rainy, I can definitely see a difference. I don't know if I've ever played with scum Rainy before, so I don't know what his scum play style is. I have played several games with town Rainy though, and in previous games town Rainy doesn't really defend himself and kinda avoids things. At least that's how I recall. I've never seen Rainy act so aggressive in a game before, unless I'm missing something. I don't really think it's much to go off of currently, I'm going to look into his posts more tomorrow when I have time.

May I hear more about the NP case? Like I said earlier, I don't have enough time to read back tonight and would like to figure out more of whats going on now rather than waiting until tomorrow and getting confuzzled :confused:
Not normally. If there is a third faction, it would be Indie, which are aligned with themselves and their win condition is to survive to the end.
If there is a fool (are there ever fools in forum mafia?) it wouldn't be revealed to us unless someone wants to claim.

Finally have time to read back :L
Just pointing out Lugia hasn't been on here or Discord since Saturday.
tl;dr
Fluffy
Avoiding Connections
Wishiwashi
You had an RVS, two pressure votes, and two real votes. So technically you're looking into multiple leads but you aren't really trying to make a case. All you said in your vote for me was "I don't like the way he handled the Blob situation". The only actual case you've made is the case on morda.
Other people have made points against you. I'm using what they said, along with what's recently happened, as basis for my vote.
How is that flipfloppy. It was only to pressure you a little bit.
That vote applied close to no pressure imo, because you said that you'll prob. vote me again.
It's scummy because it's not townie. Town has literally no reason to want to know vote weight.

I would think it would be a good reason for Town to know vote weight especially so something like a mislynch doesn't happen.

I would think it would be a good reason for Town to know vote weight especially so something like a mislynch doesn't happen.
We have a host on deck who's telling us when players get within L-3. We don't need to worry about premature hammers when we have that.

tl;dr
Fluffy
Avoiding Connections
Wishiwashi
My cases were much better than that. I pointed out what was scummy about each post, and then gave the post for you to read so you can see what I meant. I'm also on tablet so anything much more detailed than that is a struggle.
Literally every post in my defense you just said wrong and moved on. Sure it's arguing, but you argue by repeating your original argument instead of arguing against my defense.
I'm gonna actually prove your point a little bit by just saying that this is wrong, because it is. Give me one example of a post I made on you where I didn't rebut your defense.
Other people have made points against you. I'm using what they said, along with what's recently happened, as basis for my vote.
So try noting that in your reasons when you vote for someone. ;)
You really thought I'd feel any pressure from that? Also, please don't ask a question that I just answered.
The person voting knows their own vote weight, I'd assume.

This NP argument is going nowhere. I'm done pressing this case for now because it's on track to become another 3-page extravaganza like my case on rainy. I'll leave my vote on him for now, since I still think he's the best lynch option.

Very sorry about my inactivity as of late. Been very busy. As well as right when I'd start making a post, I'd be pulled from my computer. I finally have some sit-down time to do something.
You expect me to know what's going on in Discord at all times? ._.
Nono, check the rules. Screenshotting your role on any platform, which Blob had been confirmed to do on Discord which had been relayed to this thread was something that'd happened before you were still flip-floppy between her and NP.
I'm looking into cases on Morda and NP; morda led the Blob lynch (and even though she got modkilled, she probably would have been lynched anyways)
Blob wasn't going to be lynched, you were at L-3 (or L-2, idk) at this point, Blob was nowhere near that.
There was no reason for you to vote someone for the sole reason of getting them to be active; especially not twice, and especially not when there are much better cases with actual logic behind them. All you've said about the backpedal is "no it's not a backpedal" and it obviously is. Anyone who knows what the word backpedal means knows that it is.
I have to agree with this.
Morda does have somewhat of a tunnel vision on you, but I don't. I just made 2 cases and noted 2 scummy things. How is that tunneling?
You have been pursuing this case attempting to get answers and reinforce your case on NP, but it's not working. I have not seen you add anything new to this case in a while. This has been going on throughout the entirety of D2 and a chunk of D1 as well. That is tunnel vision.
At such a convenient time, it looks like you're trying to fuel the flame of an inviable lynch. Also light echoing from Gekki.
You just answered your own question.

Gonna ##VOTE: Mordacazir for the time being. There is one major towntell about Gekki I have not forgotten, and that's his activity. He definitely presents himself in a way like he has nothing to hide, and he's frequently participating in arguments (things scum like to avoid for the most part). Morda is not doing this. I have seen nothing but NP tunneling and shallow defenses towards the end of D1, at least Gekki's active and talking.

Probably gonna do a Morda ISO tomorrow, but I don't have time right now.

This NP argument is going nowhere.
That is what I think with every case rn.
Gonna ##VOTE: Mordacazir for the time being. There is one major towntell about Gekki I have not forgotten, and that's his activity. He definitely presents himself in a way like he has nothing to hide, and he's frequently participating in arguments (things scum like to avoid for the most part). Morda is not doing this. I have seen nothing but NP tunneling and shallow defenses towards the end of D1, at least Gekki's active and talking.
Well, I'm also active and talking. Not as active as Gekki but I don't know where he gets his time from. I'm more active than most. This game has really inactive players and that's hurting town the most. (You, Celever, Neurowolf and 2 subs)
You just answered your own question
I guess I don't understand what flip-flopiness is :(
You really thought I'd feel any pressure from that?
How the heck would I pressure if that's no pressure.
At such a convenient time, it looks like you're trying to fuel the flame of an inviable lynch. Also light echoing from Gekki.
It looks like that because the day ended early. If that wouldn't have happened blob would not have been lynched.

Then do something about it.
Well, I'm also active and talking. Not as active as Gekki but I don't know where he gets his time from. I'm more active than most. This game has really inactive players and that's hurting town the most. (You, Celever, Neurowolf and 2 subs)
I’m not gonna argue this since it’s true, but if you’re classifying this as a scumtell then I will say my inactivity isn’t stemmed from a lack of things to say, it’s because I don’t have time.
It looks like that because the day ended early. If that wouldn't have happened blob would not have been lynched.
No it looks like that because just then Blob’s case was starting to form, and it looked like you were trying to capitalize on it. That’s why I bothered pointing this out.

The only pressure I felt from that was pressure to write a response, not pressure that I was going to be lynched (And BTW I was writing a response while you were poking me for one). So I guess it kinda was pressure, but it wasn't real pressure like Lorde's case on me.
Then do something about it.

I’m not gonna argue this since it’s true, but if you’re classifying this as a scumtell then I will say my inactivity isn’t stemmed from a lack of things to say, it’s because I don’t have time.

No it looks like that because just then Blob’s case was starting to form, and it looked like you were trying to capitalize on it. That’s why I bothered pointing this out.
I'm just quoting this here because it pretty much sums up the rest of my thoughts on morda's most recent post.

Also, welcome to the game, @TheSceptileMaster and @GM DracLord!

Three things I want to say before the game starts,
I will be more active.
I will do my first analytic post tomorrow since I will be doing some extensive reads and post checking.
Based on my spectating and initial checks, I have some questions for a few of you.

First and foremost i may not be able to give detail anlysis since it really not my playstyle. But based on my glimpse from what happening so far there seems to be an abnormal activeness like usual.

That wasn't what I wanted, but okay
Three things I want to say before the game starts,
I will be more active.
I will do my first analytic post tomorrow since I will be doing some extensive reads and post checking.
Based on my spectating and initial checks, I have some questions for a few of you.
Looking forward to it.

Fulfilling my promise:

SM think its a valid case for the first few hours of day 1? Do you think the same here? Because its pretty much the same problem.

This is a good reason.

Why? Why? Have ever tried to use pokebeach on your phone?

He's a new player and he probably doesn't even know what omgus is.
Sorry for this, but I just wanted to make a point that it's a stupid idea. And no, @NinjaPenguin , omgus from a new player isn't what I call good reasoning for a lynch.

Saying that you get ninjad isn't really defending in my opinion. And how is he shutting down some conversation?

Pressuring a new player, the best way to lynch townies day 1.
##vote: Ninjapenguin
Little bit of fluff but I guess it's okay?

@quakingpunch73 @bbninjas I don't know if the thread should have sign-ups when it already started
I have some more things I want to say something about, but this should be the most imoortant stuff. (Dont have a lot of time rn)
Analysis from my game is distracting. I'm just gonna make an interesting note, Morda seems to have been suspicious of NP from the moment he walked into this game.
@GekkisaiDaiNi
1. Isn't really important right now because we don't know the alignement of 1 them.
2. He is acting slightly out of character, but I haven't played with him since dazzling star. Is still pretty scummy.
3. Where? I cant find it.
4. You are the one pressuring him. If he wouldn't react strongly he will get even more pressure. It isn't scummy.

I think this is a townie reaction. But that's out of character.

I just don't believe this honestly. Discord mafia is with a lot less players so it mist be different.

This isn't a "coached" reaction. Still don't understand why you think he's scum. Can someone catch me up on that?

You just kept pressuring him when he gave a good defense. That's why it's tunneling.
Reads list:
@rainyman123 - Slight scum - Don't believe Gekki's case, but he does hace a different meta.
And don't have a lot of time right now, will finish this when I come home.
Hops on the Rainy case instantly. Claims to disagree with Gekki's case, but his reason for voting him being OOC is kinda weak. Possibility of a cover up.
Sorry, I don't know who the you in that post was. Must have been confused.

So now you've read back can you give your opinion? :L

Hey! I have found a fault in your reasoning. Pressuring inactives. We have enough subs now NP.

Yes it is.
Backpedaling - Verb. When a player goes back on something said previously;also refers to when a player suddenly stops scumhunting.
Also @NinjaPenguin your the number 1 lynch canditate right now. Do something abour it.
Fluff with Jade (but it's part of a bigger post so it can be overlooked). Feeding false information. NP was 100% not the top candidate at this time, there was also Gekki who was the main case I think at this point.
Now you got me thinking. @GekkisaiDaiNi This is your first forum game correct?
Camo and bb are really experienced players so take into account that he isn't as experienced as them.

You don't even mention lordes post? Shifting attention to NP again?
For now:
##unvote
##vote: GekkisaiDaiNi

@NinjaPenguin Your still scummy though and if gekki responds to lordes case I will switch my vote again to you.
Flip-floppy, sign of being scummy and wanting to be in the majority.
@Jadethepokemontrainer @Blob55 Why do you have a vote on Lugia?
And changing my vote to NP again because if NP is lynched, we get information on multiple people (especially Gekki). And all the other people who got voted by NP.
It's not because his answer to lordes case, where he basically admitted to doing all of it.
##unvote
##vote: Ninjapenguin

And Celever has a double vote weight. @Celever This is still your RVS vote so please remove it.
As others have said, pointing out a double vw is scummy, since the scum don't have to dissect the vote counts to find it. I cannot think of how this helps town.
Just noticed this bit this is echoing. Also @rainyman123 I wanna know if you intentionally left your vote on NP or just think he's scummy. And last but not least for today: @scattered mind Why are you posting less than last games? Lurking?
He said "like morda said". An echo is restating something someone already said and claiming it as your own individual opinion. This is not that.
Could you explain this to me please? I honestly have never heard that a read list would be considered scummy. It's just a way to get to say opinions about everyone right?

Could you qoute your arguments because i haven't found them.

I'm only tunneling you because I don't want to start a 3-pages argument with gekki. And he is mew to the game so it might be his playstyle.

I am not that smart, bit also not so dumb to come up with that strategy. If I knew it would fail, why would I use this strategy.

Man, I'm bad at making jokes.

You backpedaled here

This is a backpedal right? And why do you think I'm scum, when I'm aggressive

I suggest you also read my scum games, like superheroes or http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...ver-town-wins-now-w-postgame-analysis.126822/

What is OOC?
Here we are, the juicy parts. Asking for clarification is townie, points there. However many scummy things come up here. Morda is trying to defend his OOC actions such as his newfound aggression. He also doesn't want to start an argument with Gekki because it would be long. However, said argument would get more information and reactions and tells from all participants in the argument. I think this is ridiculous. He also weakly defends his strategy with some WIFOM as to why he wouldn't attempt the major scum play that NP suggested. Lastly, supplying his scum games is a great way to waste time, since we need to compare this meta with recent town games, nothing else. This is a key post.
@GekkisaiDaiNi Not even a comment about my post?
Fluff, next.
Well, i didn't look if you were on sorry >.>.

Did you read superheroes? I wasn't so inactive there.
You were also scum there, thanks for the information.
It was just for you to get an idea of my meta.
Yep, but in my defense it became rather boring to not do much.
Super generic and WIFOMy defense. How are we to know this?
They all were with reason, because I asked a question and they weren't online.

I am not concious of that I changed that much since then :)

I guess so. But I can't deny that I was tunneling you.

Fair point.

I do not understand the line The issue... ...a ton? Is it scummy or not scummy?

It's the way this guy posts v

It's pretty much posting short posts without much reason and pressuring a lot of people at once. (If I understand it correctly)
Fair enough about the tag point.
I have no clue what you want to say with this post gekki?

But it's not the end of the day yet. So you wouldn't have to vote.

No gekki, you still are the best info lynch. You have interactions with almost anyone because you are the most active in the game.

Who is the we in this? This is really calling scum to me. ##unvote
But I don't know if I should vote you yet.
People should have their vote on someone at all times, saying it's fine to not have a vote on someone is scummy. Also, echo almost ver batim what was originally said by Jabber.
Voting a inactive is always pretty scummy.

Probably legit away.

Stubborness.

I have not seen him lurking, or have seen any other player than blob say that he is lurking.

Still being stubborn.

Random question but nothing scummy about it.

1) 5 till 10 minutes isn't really lurking because he also needs to read to post something.
2) Okay sure...
3) Discord is irrelevant.
4) sure...

Finally stops being stubborn

Good post

Screams scum.
- Inactivity
- No opinions on anything
- A bad case to get lugia lynched easily
- no usefullness
##vote: Blob55
Really bad case, really bad reasons, grasping at straws and desperately trying to pass this as a case. Honestly, Blob's "case" on Lugia was understandable given the points she gave (even though it wasn't really a case). Also, interesting point, you're hesitant to make a real case on Gekki because he's new and "it might be his play style", but you instantly pulled this out of nowhere. What's with that? Scum points.
I want to respond right now, but I've had a busy day and want to sleep sorry.

See this post for thoughts on this (though among other things).
Flipping your vote back and forth like that is flipping your vote really fast for whatever reason. What you did falls under that.

I guess I don't understand what flip-flopiness is :(

See this post. Only reason I'm linking is to not be repetitive.
That wasn't what I wanted, but okay

Looking forward to it.

Everything that was note-worthy in the ISO was explained. Keeping my vote as is.

Just wanted to note that I'll be w/o access to the Internet (except on my phone) until
Monday. Don't expect any posts from me until then.

If you want to, you guys have 40 more minutes to lynch someone!
NP and morda have one vote each. No one else has a vote on them.
Majority to lynch is 6 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back