Finished Mafia XLV: Heroes of Askr ~ The Winner Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I say (even though he should read some of the old Neurowolf, I mean (even though Neurowolf should read some of the old threads).

I can make a TLDR version if I have to; but I'm tired rn. Expect it it the morning.

Second Celever post I quoted there was the wrong one. I need sleep :/. Here's what I meant to quote
That's no better for your case, because that's Gekki taking the higher ground and basically apologising for something he didn't have to apologise for rather than arguing semantics and distracting discussion. a.k.a he was doing the best thing for town in early Day 1.

Here are the points on Rainy I have/have seen so far:

-Strange connection with Jade in that both Lorde and Jade RVSed a newbie, but he only went for Lorde, and the fact that his defense against this logic is just plain bad.

-He's acting slightly out of character.

-He reacted really badly to scattered's RVS.

-He's strongly overreacting to votes/pressure.

Anyone have anything to add? I want to hear everyone's thoughts on the rainy case.
@GekkisaiDaiNi
1. Isn't really important right now because we don't know the alignement of 1 them.
2. He is acting slightly out of character, but I haven't played with him since dazzling star. Is still pretty scummy.
3. Where? I cant find it.
4. You are the one pressuring him. If he wouldn't react strongly he will get even more pressure. It isn't scummy.
Again my defense for the first is that I just didn't do it, I see how that's scummy, but not something lynch on.

Read my last post.

"Reacted badly" how? I simply questioned him on how he thought I was enthusiastic?

It's not overreaction, it's keeping Town from making a bad mistake.
I think this is a townie reaction. But that's out of character.
I'm not exactly comparing the 2 but I do play more or less the same on each.
I just don't believe this honestly. Discord mafia is with a lot less players so it mist be different.
It was a stupid post :/. I mean they're right, I see now that we should vote first day. Well gg for my first mafia post I guess. Here are more of my useless opinions and stuff:
>Gekki seems too on Rainy for having a sedimentary playstyle and I don't like how he's so sure on the first day.
>I mean we have to lynch somebody from what I just was told, so I guess this is going somewhere for not having any real solid evidence
>I have no idea what Rainy looks like when he's being "scum", but Rainy doesn't look like he's doing any harm
*insert quote from where Scattered votes for me. My quotes don't work on mobile so this should do*
>You make a good point, thanks for showing me why we should vote first day
>I'm still learning :p
>I'm leaning towards Gekki for my vote because he seems too "into it"
>I'm sure better people to vote for will stand out eventually
Sorry I'm being a bit idle, I'm just reading and learning how we do stuff here
This isn't a "coached" reaction. Still don't understand why you think he's scum. Can someone catch me up on that?
I don't think investigating a possible lead is "pseudo tunneling".
You just kept pressuring him when he gave a good defense. That's why it's tunneling.
Reads list:
@rainyman123 - Slight scum - Don't believe Gekki's case, but he does hace a different meta.
And don't have a lot of time right now, will finish this when I come home.

This isn't a "coached" reaction. Still don't understand why you think he's scum. Can someone catch me up on that?
I don't think Neurowolf is scum.
3. Where? I cant find it.
Right here:
Rainy seems to be very enthusiastic. Also that post where he says rvs just to be over clear.

##VOTE: Rainyman
I sorta agree with this. @Lord o da rings, that's just mean :L

And why would enthusiasm be bad? And where'd you get that from? If your implying that I'm more active and that's scummy somehow I'll just say that I was in the discord chat when quaking said day 1 was up and also it's a saturday and I'm a school kid I don't have much else to do :L

Here are my points on NP, TLDR:

1. Fluff-posting
2. Backpedaling/Panic-voting
3. Not as vocal as he is when he's town
4. Distracting conversation (maybe)

Rainy's argument appears to be, "I was lazy and didn't notice it." Which I fully believe because there is literally no reason as scum to choose to add a connection with a scumbuddy by not calling them out in RVS.
Here are my points on NP, TLDR:

1. Fluff-posting
Wait what? Every post I've done has been adding to the game in some way or another. RVS pressure is not a good post in any other time of the game, but it is then.
2. Backpedaling/Panic-voting
I've already explained why I vote swapped to Neuro. In fact, I'd believe this point would apply to you after immediately backpedaling after what Jabber said.
3. Not as vocal as he is when he's town
Because I didn't post for half a day and it ended up being 4 pages because of your and rainy's Camo post fest? 'Cause when I've been available, I've been talking a lot. Maybe I don't understand your point; if so can you clarify it?
4. Distracting conversation (maybe)
No. Just no. You're reading in to me applying pressure in RVS and wanting somebody to answer a point. Both of which help the game state progress, even if it may not be exactly what you want to happen.
Also, great misquote of Cel (2nd quote of him) in your case on me. That's not a townie wanting to find the best lynch; that's a scum fishing for a mislynch by using bad logic.
Finally, you can tag inactives, but give them a real question you want them to answer, not "What are your thoughts?"
P.S. Please avoid post #171 kind of things in the future. tl;dr them. Giving a wall of quotes of the argument doesn't help anyone who decided to skip reading it in the first place.

Just wondering... is there a fool in this game?
Not normally. If there is a third faction, it would be Indie, which are aligned with themselves and their win condition is to survive to the end.
If there is a fool (are there ever fools in forum mafia?) it wouldn't be revealed to us unless someone wants to claim.

Finally have time to read back :L

In forum mafia, a fool would either be announced to town immediately or have some very difficult thing that triggers them turning into a fool. As it stands, the role is considered bastard and basically shouldn't happen for any reason.

I really doubt it. It would make the game end in like a day.

Now to dissect NP's post. I just wanna eat lunch :U

Rainy's argument appears to be, "I was lazy and didn't notice it." Which I fully believe because there is literally no reason as scum to choose to add a connection with a scumbuddy by not calling them out in RVS.

Also, great misquote of Cel (2nd quote of him) in your case on me. That's not a townie wanting to find the best lynch; that's a scum fishing for a mislynch by using bad logic.
Finally, you can tag inactives, but give them a real question you want them to answer, not "What are your thoughts?"
P.S. Please avoid post #171 kind of things in the future. tl;dr them. Giving a wall of quotes of the argument doesn't help anyone who decided to skip reading it in the first place.
Um, no, many of your posts have been fluff/scummy in some other way. Let me explain again, now that I've gotten some sleep. My first post containing my points on NP was a mess; sorry about that, I'm on my tablet writing all this, and I was tired. Anyways, back to the point. What did this post add to the conversation?
That's bad reading. The RVS vote that actually ended up killing Nebby that game was me pointing out the OMGUS.

Vote for attention. Neuro's less likely to skim the post when he sees that he's been voted in it.

I don't share read on #2, but I otherwise agree with this (especially the new player rant). Also, #1 certainly merits responding to.
Or this? Notice this second post especially. He pressures me for all of two posts, Celever finds some flaws in his points, and he immediately starts to backpedal and throws a random vote at Neurowolf.
Oh wait I can't read that you said it was just an observation. Not sure I believe it, but my line of questioning won't be able to progress if it is true:
##UNVOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi
##VOTE: Neurowolf

Have you read any past games? If not, I highly recommend you do so to familiarize yourself somewhat with how we play on the forums.
Here's where he started pressuring me:
##VOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi
This is a real vote. He's providing unnecessary levels of defense in his saying it was a ninja (though rainy's point was bad as all RVS is), is reaching hardcore calling those RVS votes pressure (and is shutting down some conversation in the process), and is just overall trying too hard.
Also, rainy please give a reason better than RVS for your RVS vote. I don't feel like having to say this again. Even Cel's "reason" was better than yours.
Then, Celever responds with this:
You're reaching harder than S Club 7.

I disagree with this entire post. Ninja wasn't defense it was observation along the lines of "ohey lookit dat das p cool" and nothing more. The point of RVS is pressure so obviously every individual RVS vote is also pressure, and there's nothing wrong with trying too hard.
And then, NP responds with this:
But that case had actual reasoning given in the RVS. Why specifically would Neuro have any fear about being told, "Welcome to forum mafia!"?

This is the post I'm referring to:
Once again, Celever finds fault in NP's logic:
That's no better for your case, because that's Gekki taking the higher ground and basically apologising for something he didn't have to apologise for rather than arguing semantics and distracting discussion. a.k.a he was doing the best thing for town in early Day 1.
Which leads to this backpedal:
Oh wait I can't read that you said it was just an observation. Not sure I believe it, but my line of questioning won't be able to progress if it is true:
##UNVOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi
##VOTE: Neurowolf

Have you read any past games? If not, I highly recommend you do so to familiarize yourself somewhat with how we play on the forums.

Also, NP. Let's suppose you did actually vote for Neurowolf to get him to start talking. He's started talking, and you've been online recently. Why have you not changed your vote to someone who there is actual proof against? Or, why haven't you made a case on Neurowolf?

I really doubt it. It would make the game end in like a day.

Now to dissect NP's post. I just wanna eat lunch :U

Um, no, many of your posts have been fluff/scummy in some other way. Show me where the "fluff" specifically is and I can explain why it's useful. Let me explain again, now that I've gotten some sleep. My first post containing my points on NP was a mess; sorry about that, I'm on my tablet writing all this, and I was tired. Anyways, back to the point. What did this post add to the conversation?

Or this? Notice this second post especially. He pressures me for all of two posts, Celever finds some flaws in his points, and he immediately starts to backpedal and throws a random vote at Neurowolf.

Here's where he started pressuring me:

Then, Celever responds with this:

And then, NP responds with this:

Once again, Celever finds fault in NP's logic:

Which leads to this backpedal:

Also, NP. Let's suppose you did actually vote for Neurowolf to get him to start talking. He's started talking, and you've been online recently. Why have you not changed your vote to someone who there is actual proof against? Or, why haven't you made a case on Neurowolf?
But it's not a backpedal. Pressuring you in that case would have led to something like your 2 page extravaganza with rainy. Even if my gut read says that you are lying about it, your best (and only) defense would be saying what you had just said. Which would have led to a repetitious argument where someone is right but who knows which one? Which helps the town exactly 0.
There's no proof against anyone. The vote on Neuro is insignificant rn, so I feel no need to change it 'cause it still has a bit of use as pressure against the points made against him. If I had the time to put together a real scumread, I would. Gut is leading me towards you as scum for that misquote, but it also could have been an accident.

Though now that you mention it, I do have somebody that could use a bit of pressuring.
##UNVOTE: Neurowolf
##VOTE: Lugia_Likes2dab!

@lugia_Likes2dab! Why haven't you spoken so far?

Though now that you mention it, I do have somebody that could use a bit of pressuring.

@NinjaPenguin who do you think is scum? Not inactive. Not a safe vote for "pressure". You were the first one to make a "real vote" after a page or so of RVS––surely you can come up with something.

Gut is leading me towards you as scum for that misquote
Lol so sorry for making a misquote on a cracked 40$ Kindle when I've had pnemounia for the past week and was about to go to bed.
But it's not a backpedal. Pressuring you in that case would have led to something like your 2 page extravaganza with rainy. Even if my gut read says that you are lying about it, your best (and only) defense would be saying what you had just said. Which would have led to a repetitious argument where someone is right but who knows which one? Which helps the town exactly 0.
Sensible. I only say its a backpedal because of the strange, kind of panicked tweaking wording you used for the reasoning.

@NinjaPenguin who do you think is scum? Not inactive. Not a safe vote for "pressure". You were the first one to make a "real vote" after a page or so of RVS––surely you can come up with something.
I sorta with this, but Lugia needs to start talking soon. He hasn't posted anything other than /in when it was the signup phase.

@lugia_Likes2dab! for your own sake, you need to start talking. People are getting suspicious of you and if you go much longer than this without talking, you run the risk of being subbed out.

I don't think Neurowolf is scum.
Sorry, I don't know who the you in that post was. Must have been confused.
Not normally. If there is a third faction, it would be Indie, which are aligned with themselves and their win condition is to survive to the end.
If there is a fool (are there ever fools in forum mafia?) it wouldn't be revealed to us unless someone wants to claim.

Finally have time to read back :L
So now you've read back can you give your opinion? :L

Hey! I have found a fault in your reasoning. Pressuring inactives. We have enough subs now NP.
But it's not a backpedal
Yes it is.
Backpedaling - Verb. When a player goes back on something said previously;also refers to when a player suddenly stops scumhunting.
Also @NinjaPenguin your the number 1 lynch canditate right now. Do something abour it.

So now you've read back can you give your opinion? :L
@Jadethepokemontrainer it would be really great if you'd start contributing to the game like morda says here. You were just viewing the thread. You've asked us to give you a rundown of what's going on, we have, and you said you have time to read back now, so you must have some kind of opinion.

This is probably gonna be my only post for the day, since I'm very busy this afternoon.

Alright, after reading through whatever's happened here, I'm gonna go and ##UNVOTE: Neurowolf, and ##VOTE: Gekki. It's time a genuine case came up on you. I've had my suspicions pretty much all game. Jabber brought a lot of points to the table about you being hyperconscious, and making a pretty reachy case (while tunneling) without any substantial evidence to back it up, etc. I especially agree with the "tag all lurkers" point he made. You've been really defensive, contradicting yourself on occasion, and have been quick to make claims based on very little. Let's see, the game hasn't been up for 48 hours yet, and you've already made cases on Neuro, Rainy, and NP. You're trying way too hard, and whenever someone does this I get wary of them immediately. Whenever someone tries harder than the rest and take a leadership position in the scum hunt (you definitely look like you're doing this so far, at least to me), I am immediately worried. See: Camoclone in Mafia XL: Age of Piracy, and bbninjas in Mafia XLI: Dazzling Star if you don't know what I'm talking about. So to sum up this case:

- He seems really hyperconscious.
- He can be defensive, and very contradictory.
- Blatant backpedaling.
- Really quick to build cases that are far reaching and/or have claims that are just not true entirely. He's also tunneled.
- A lot of fluff posting and some wall posts most players won't want to read through. They both accomplish the same thing.
- Hypocrisy (see any of his cases).

However, NP's been acting weird too. Been fluffy, I agree with Gekki that was a backpedal, and I agree with that switching his vote to just pressure an inactive is an odd choice (especially when we've got enough subs, and have information at this point). It's a pretty reaching case, and I don't agree with all of the points, but NP's probably the next best lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back