Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, no. I am just not fuelling your detrimental posting* (spamming quotes, quintuple posting, over-simplifications, ultra-aggressiveness, "this is so obvious omg", causing the thread to be hard to follow, derailing other discussion), especially when you continue to be difficult. A simple request: a paragraph saying exactly why I am scummy so I can respond to it. You cannot even respond to my question - "Why are you asking me this?" - and if you would just do so, you would allow other people to see your motives to develop a read on you. Then, I can easily answer your question.

Am I playing for myself, or for the mafian? You can only pick one. Considering how I'm not entertaining your anti-town behaviour and haven't been submitting to your demands, "else I die", I'd say that I'm playing for the town. Not for myself, and not for the mafians.

*If people need evidence as to why this sort of overquoting and aggressiveness is detrimental, see the massive back-and-forth between Gekki and Lorde (and myself) in this last game. It got nowhere pro-town! Camo's style is even worse than that.

Strawman. Robin asked you for a better case bc your case on PMJ is built off his points on you. Is PMJ the only person in the game who looks remotely scummy to you rn?

Robin is bothering to look at multiple possibilities for a lynch. You are not.

Jabber, you are actually wrong about Robin; see the spoiler. Robin actually began pressuring PMJ right after I launched the case, he appears to have agreed with me; he did not ask for a better case because PMJ was a bad one. The conversation was very simple: I said the town needed a wake-up call, Robin says they need a better case from me, and I question why the better case needs to come from me. No clue what strawman is, so no comment.

Reaching your quota is the worst excuse to stay low. You apologised for scarce activity 3 times now, maybe next time consider letting another member play who is willing to do more than the absolute minimum. You _jumped_ on BBninjas without giving a valid reason yourself. BBninjas is not the only player with fluff posts. Look over Professor_jplaps posts again, they contain little to no information.

This is a stupid argument. True though if you don't try anything. BB is right about you not moving the game state.

@bbninjas We don't need a wake up call, we need a better case from you.

I did think NP is scummy, but it turns out that my scumread on him was because he was ill. I am reading someone else scum, but I need to watch them more, else we will have a half-baked case. You might notice that my PMJ case didn't come immediately after PMJ voted me, but rather after he made a second post; I waited that time to see what he would say next when not under pressure. Recently, I have been asking questions of Camo and Lorde as to develop reads on them, and am trying to understand why people think your aggressiveness is out-of-character. My Day 1 reads are still developing (I still have little idea on half of the players), and it's not like I can read everyone at once. I'm not pressuring heavily since I'm not going to make something out of nothing, and as you can tell, I am hardly stuck looking at only one person.

I never said I read Camoclone as town. He plays similarly no matter his alignment, so him doing a hard push on bb is not out of the ordinary.

I don't remember what the game was, no. Regardless of how you felt then, would you think now that mafians wouldn't be as apathetic if a fellow mafian (e.g. me, apparently) was being lynched? And/or, do you think the town is being apathetic or not?

Huh? How do you remember a situation that happened in a game, but not remember what game it was? How else would you remember that it happened?

I don't know if apathetic is the correct word that I would use to describe the town. Rainy hasn't posted once since joining and all of the new people are MIA. That leaves Camoclone to push his case on you basically unopposed since you haven't suggested a better lynch. No one else seems to have any better ideas, which is understandable since it's day one. Do I think the scum would care more about your lynch, assuming you are scum? Yes, actually. I am surprised that more people haven't come to your defense, especially since we have a lot of time left in the day and you are very close to a lynch. If I didn't agree with Camoclone's case on you, I'd probably look harder for someone better to lynch, but at this point I'm not assuming anything about anyone's alignment based on meta.

Your refusal to go back and reread enough to answer his questions instead of continuously putting the onus on him to explain (again) why he is finding you scummy is what makes you look bad.

Hm, no. I am just not fuelling your detrimental posting* (spamming quotes, quintuple posting, over-simplifications, ultra-aggressiveness, "this is so obvious omg", causing the thread to be hard to follow, derailing other discussion), especially when you continue to be difficult. A simple request: a paragraph saying exactly why I am scummy so I can respond to it. You cannot even respond to my question - "Why are you asking me this?" - and if you would just do so, you would allow other people to see your motives to develop a read on you. Then, I can easily answer your question.
Answer my question bb or place a vote. If I'm being anti town vote me. I dare you.

Jabber, you are actually wrong about Robin; see the spoiler. Robin actually began pressuring PMJ right after I launched the case, he appears to have agreed with me; he did not ask for a better case because PMJ was a bad one. The conversation was very simple: I said the town needed a wake-up call, Robin says they need a better case from me, and I question why the better case needs to come from me. No clue what strawman is, so no comment.
The better case needs to come from you because you should have a vested interest in not dying. If you don't care then fine, don't come up with a better case. Basically, you should absolutely have more scumreads at this point; I can name three scummy players without stopping to think, and three more who should definitely be looked into either today or tomorrow.

I did think NP is scummy, but it turns out that my scumread on him was because he was ill. I am reading someone else scum, but I need to watch them more, else we will have a half-baked case. You might notice that my PMJ case didn't come immediately after PMJ voted me, but rather after he made a second post; I waited that time to see what he would say next when not under pressure. Recently, I have been asking questions of Camo and Lorde as to develop reads on them, and am trying to understand why people think your aggressiveness is out-of-character. My Day 1 reads are still developing (I still have little idea on half of the players), and it's not like I can read everyone at once. I'm not pressuring heavily since I'm not going to make something out of nothing, and as you can tell, I am hardly stuck looking at only one person.
C'mon. It's ridiculous a this point to have one-and-a-half scumreads at best. Benefit of the doubt only gets you so far. Start paying attention. ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: BBNINJAS

Answer my question bb or place a vote. If I'm being anti town vote me. I dare you.
FWIW you're absolutely being anti-town. I can get behind the whole five-posts-at-a-time-for-pressure thing, but twisting words isn't helpful at all.

I never said I read Camoclone as town. He plays similarly no matter his alignment, so him doing a hard push on bb is not out of the ordinary.
Y'all gotta decide (@GekkisaiDaiNi especially, and whoever else is currently voting bb on Camo's case) whether you really believe that you don't––even subconsciously––read Camo as town. If you do decide that, then take the things he says with a grain of salt. Don't put all your eggs in the basket of someone who you're nullreading.

FWIW you're absolutely being anti-town. I can get behind the whole five-posts-at-a-time-for-pressure thing, but twisting words isn't helpful at all.
To clarify: I'm not voting you because there's not nearly enough information to be gotten out of your lynch.

No, I don't--even subconsciously--see Camo as town. I thought I explained this.

To clarify (because I know otherwise someone is going to jump on those last sentences like a life raft), I don't read Camoclone one way or the other. Just because I believe his case doesn't mean I believe he's strictly town. It's day one.

@MegaPod_781 What are your thoughts at the moment?

Huh? How do you remember a situation that happened in a game, but not remember what game it was? How else would you remember that it happened?

I don't know if apathetic is the correct word that I would use to describe the town. Rainy hasn't posted once since joining and all of the new people are MIA. That leaves Camoclone to push his case on you basically unopposed since you haven't suggested a better lynch. No one else seems to have any better ideas, which is understandable since it's day one. Do I think the scum would care more about your lynch, assuming you are scum? Yes, actually. I am surprised that more people haven't come to your defense, especially since we have a lot of time left in the day and you are very close to a lynch. If I didn't agree with Camoclone's case on you, I'd probably look harder for someone better to lynch, but at this point I'm not assuming anything about anyone's alignment based on meta.

Your refusal to go back and reread enough to answer his questions instead of continuously putting the onus on him to explain (again) why he is finding you scummy is what makes you look bad.

I'm the type of person who remembers the basic idea, but not all the details. The reason why I remember this in particular is because when you said it, I was like "actually, that's really true". I think I might have been mafian and pushing that lynch at the time, because after you said that, I generally stopped being apathetic against inno lynches as mafia. If I was to take a guess, it would be Reinforce's Mystery Dungeon game.

Bolded, why does agreeing with a case prevent you from looking harder for someone better to lynch? It is always in the town's best interest to find someone better to be lynched. Here's the thing, because Camo spams so much, I'll be having to go back and read 7+ pages, including numerous walls of text. That'll take me at least 30 minutes. Then, I'd have to respond to it all. Another 30 minutes+ gone. And even then, what will be achieved? Me posting another wall of text, not many people will actually read it, and my efforts go to waste. This is why I've made a simple request for Camo to write a single paragraph, which will not take him long and should not be so beyond him. I don't understand why asking someone to repeat is scummy; if Camo actually knows his case, then he should be able to repeat it very easily, all in one post, which would be of great benefit to everyone.

The better case needs to come from you because you should have a vested interest in not dying. If you don't care then fine, don't come up with a better case. Basically, you should absolutely have more scumreads at this point; I can name three scummy players without stopping to think, and three more who should definitely be looked into either today or tomorrow.

C'mon. It's ridiculous a this point to have one-and-a-half scumreads at best. Benefit of the doubt only gets you so far. Start paying attention. ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: BBNINJAS
You keep saying that the PMJ case is bad, but I don't think you've actually said why that is. Correct, I only have one fairly solid scumread. I have a significant leaning scum read, but I won't say on who, since I want to watch them more first. I am asking questions of Camo and Lorde, as to develop my reads on them further; if you think about it, you ask a questions you think are quite possibly scum, which is the case here. Townreading is very much a contribution (it narrows down the list, and is very important), although you don't seem to think the same. I have developed a town read on you (, and one other which I'm not mentioning at this point of time, because it gives away unnecessary information and I also want to watch them more.

Lmao I don't have time to read the rest of the thread but have you ever seen a more obvious OMGUS? Guys vote this obvious scum.
This is referencing MegaPod voting you after you started pursuing Mariano. Not an OMGUS.
bbninjas is spamming walls of text, which will either intentionally or unintentionally overwhelm the people he's trying to convince he's contributing. It doesn't produce true ideas, forces a false sense of contribution, and is an incredibly sad tactic for someone supposed to be experienced to use.
You indicate that bb's doing what he's accusing you of––which, uh, isn't true.
Yeah wow Jabberwock has really been spreading himself thin. I just reread his posts. Not crazy relevant now that we have bbninjas trapped but something to consider in the future.
You try to make it appear as though scumhunting is anti-town.
I'm defending bb by saying he's busy? I've worked with him for nearly two years over in Creative Works. Ik how busy he is. You're, uh, blowing it out of proportion. Think that's the term your lackey used.
Oh wait? You backpedalling? So bbninjas is scum?
Idek what happened here.
Trying to OMGUS once again. Refute the evidence, claim, or die bbninjas. Those are your three options.
bb hasn't OMGUS'd you.
What's interesting is @bbninjas responds to specific posts of mine but claims that he doesn't read my posts. hmmmm. :thinking:
He indicated that he skimmed them, just not that he reads them in as great a detail as he would anybody else's.

I could go on.

You keep saying that the PMJ case is bad, but I don't think you've actually said why that is.
I never said that it's bad. Only that you should be able to form a better one. Your case on PMJ is formed entirely based on how he jumped on your bandwagon, and doesn't take into account the rest of the game.

Correct, I only have one fairly solid scumread. I have a significant leaning scum read, but I won't say on who, since I want to watch them more first. I am asking questions of Camo and Lorde, as to develop my reads on them further; if you think about it, you ask a questions you think are quite possibly scum, which is the case here. Townreading is very much a contribution (it narrows down the list, and is very important), although you don't seem to think the same. I have developed a town read on you (, and one other which I'm not mentioning at this point of time, because it gives away unnecessary information and I also want to watch them more.
Please stop with the "I'll get to this later" mentality. You're running out of time. At this point it's just a way to avoid saying anything committal.

Oh okay good. I was worried you had actually found something that wasn't true for a second there.

So take those 30 minutes? Fact is, you should be doing everything in your power to stop yourself from getting lynched and your excuses not to do so doesn't put you in a favorable light. Just iso his posts, most of his posts have been directly connected to you so it shouldn't be too difficult to read his posts and then check back a few to see what he's talking about.

Also I never played in any Mystery Dungeon game so I guess the question of which game it was is lost to the ages.

I'm all for finding someone better to lynch but, as I said before, for a day one lynch I do not care at all who dies as long as it's not me. It's too early in the game to cement anyone's alignment into place, so there is no point in getting bent out of shape about not bothering to look for someone better.

We have plenty of time left in the day, bb, so if you want to offer up someone better, go ahead. I don't mind switching to a better case, but keep in mind we do have to hit majority or no one dies.

Yo we need another vote or two on bb. He obvious doesn't feel any pressure to defend himself so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back