Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure why I should be the one to put forward a better case? The town is a team, after all. If I am correct in picking up that you do not think my case is good enough, then I would be expecting you to be at least attempting to find one better also.

This normally would have been the case, but with you on the chopping block, this is a very bad mindset. If you're town, you should do what you can to prevent your lynch instead of relying on the other players to do it for you. I don't know why I'm telling you this, since you should know it.

@Jabberwock if I was really scumbuddies with Camo there would be absolutely no way I would sheep him this much. I'd come up with fake reads or sheep someone who wasn't my scumbuddy. I honestly think Camo is right about bb, and somewhat about you.

Is Camo scum who's got me pocketed or are we scumbuddies? Pick one.

I've been getting some bad vibes from Gekki this game, but this post pushed me over the edge. The amount of WIFOM is shooting through the roof, and he's completely glossing over what, based on this post, I believe is likely true, that Gekki is scum attempting to pocket Camo.

I do think that the bb lynch seems more attractive for day one though, because besides lynching someone who is making scummy plays, we would get a lot of reads all around going into the next day.

##VOTE: bbninjas

Some other thoughts,

PMJ's vote on bb was very icky and his last post didn't help him either, with that weird assumption that bb's lynch was scum-driven. Unsure if it actually is OOC for day 1, though...

Jabber's "defense" on bb from last page isn't that bad. He's making solid arguments but isn't re-reading back to verify all his facts. They're still holding up to some extent.

Again, Camo is being unhelpful. He says I am not contributing, which is very clearly false, and he has neglected to provide a very simple paragraph stating why I am scummy; another one of his manipulative tactics.

Still think Jabberwock is the only one thinking rational here BBninjas?
Why are you asking me this?

It's important to note that PMJ never posts much D1, regardless of alignment, with the sole exception being scum in Dimensional Shift. In fact, he hates D1. BB should know this.
He also doesn't normally hold double standards, which is the problem. @PMJ, In a past game, most/all the players were being particularly apathetic about one early wagon on a person perceived likely mafia at the time, and you correctly pointed out that if this was actually a mafian, the mafians wouldn't be so apathetic about their lynch. Why does this reasoning not stand for you in this game, where there's been a general apathy from the town?

@NinjaPenguin, how long have you had the flu for?

@bbninjas thoughts on literally anything besides the case on you?
##VOTE: BBNINJAS
Robin is pursuing a case on Lorde. Which you would know if you were reading posts in this thread not made by Camo and myself. You also don't get to say "yeah I'm not doing this so how about YOU do it". That's not remotely helpful.
This normally would have been the case, but with you on the chopping block, this is a very bad mindset. If you're town, you should do what you can to prevent your lynch instead of relying on the other players to do it for you. I don't know why I'm telling you this, since you should know it.
It seems like both of you have missed the fact that I made a unique, non-echoing paragraph on PMJ, voted him and set forward a case; yet both of you imply that I have neglected to scumhunt entirely. If you are writing off my vote on PMJ because it is related to the case on me, then I am at loss as to what you expecting, as my wagon has been the only substantive development and the best place to be scumhunting (especially because I know my alignment); the Megapod and Mariano stuff of earlier was garbage.

In contrary, Jabber, I am actually not reading Camo's onslaughts of quotes particularly much (as I said, they are detrimental and a waste of time), and I am reading other people's posts instead (this is where the mafians will probably be). That might explain why I'm responding predominantly to other people, and not Camo. I'm not sure what this "pursuing a case on Lorde" is, because if you're referring to this and Robin's follow up comment, then calling that a case is quite the stretch (it is good pressure, but not a case). If something happened much earlier (which doesn't appear to be the case, looking at the vote count), then I would have missed it, since it I haven't bothered to reread (no, I would not consider it a necessary exercise in light of recent developments, and I am using my time selectively).

simsands, I find it rather strange that you echo'd my earlier sentiments on PMJ's vote, yet missed that I started a case on him. You do make a good point on PMJ's assumption, and although rereading he appears to have only been entertaining that possibility (that Camo is scum), it is scummy that these reservations had no apparent effect on his vote on me (as they should for an inno), especially since he never concluded whether or not Camo being scum is a realistic possibility.

@NinjaPenguin, how long have you had the flu for?
Yesterday morning, I was feeling fine enough, though a bit groggy, and made contributive posts. At around noon yesterday, I started feeling really bad and speculated I had the flu. At around 30 mins before my first post where I said I was sick, I actually took my temperature and found it was 102. Late last night, I went to the doctor's and found I in fact did have the flu.

So really any time within there could be considered how long I've had the flu.

Cool, that explains why I've been reading you as scum, since you seemed to be flying under the radar in a very developmental part of the day, which was pretty uncharacteristic of your town meta. Looks like I completely missed your post #160, since it pretty explicitly said you were sick! xD

What game was this? Forgive me but I have been out of it for a long time and don't remember much about any of my past games.

@Lord o da rings
BB is less focused as Mafia? Plus inable to make a decent case? Weird assumption if you ask me. You're echoing the fluff argument but you don't bring news to the table either.
I don't think I ever said he was unable to make a decent case? Also, in my recent experiences with him as scum, yeah he acts a lot less serious.
Can you show us you're not tunneling by telling us what the second best case is?
I strongly disagree that I'm tunneling, to say I've been razor-focused on BB when I've been unable to be here a lot is a ridiculous notion.

Looking over it, it goes to Jabber imho. It's not his defiance of Camo, I actually thinks that's townie of him, my main problem with him is he's so much more aggressive than I've ever seen before. I also didn't really like his defense of BB. Tied with him would be Gekki. I forget whomever said it, but whoever posted the idea of Gekki trying to pocket Camo I agree with.
Where's your vote rn?
Still on my RVS vote. Not moving it to BB, but I may as well move it to you, ##VOTE: Jabberwock. BB's at L-3 right now, so...
Robin is pursuing a case on Lorde. Which you would know if you were reading posts in this thread not made by Camo and myself. You also don't get to say "yeah I'm not doing this so how about YOU do it". That's not remotely helpful.
I disagree with the idea he's forming a case on me, a question with some pressure applied to it doesn't look like a full blown case at all.

This is the second time someone has said that Jabber is being more aggressive than normal. What are people comparing Jabber's play too? Jabber's level of aggressiveness is exactly as I remember it.

What game was this? Forgive me but I have been out of it for a long time and don't remember much about any of my past games.
I don't remember what the game was, no. Regardless of how you felt then, would you think now that mafians wouldn't be as apathetic if a fellow mafian (e.g. me, apparently) was being lynched? And/or, do you think the town is being apathetic or not?

I'm confused. Why hasn't bbninjas claimed yet? Way too much evidence against him that he refuses to refute. No ones gonna budge till you offer up reasons bb.

Again, Camo is being unhelpful. He says I am not contributing, which is very clearly false, and he has neglected to provide a very simple paragraph stating why I am scummy; another one of his manipulative tactics.
Again, bbninjas is completely twisting what's happening beyond belief. I've posted enough evidence to lynch someone five times over he just absolutely refuses to read the thread. Heck, I even made a whole ISO.

Why are you asking me this?
Answer the question scum.

In contrary, Jabber, I am actually not reading Camo's onslaughts of quotes particularly much (as I said, they are detrimental and a waste of time), and I am reading other people's posts instead (this is where the mafians will probably be). That might explain why I'm responding predominantly to other people, and not Camo. I'm not sure what this "pursuing a case on Lorde" is, because if you're referring to this and Robin's follow up comment, then calling that a case is quite the stretch (it is good pressure, but not a case). If something happened much earlier (which doesn't appear to be the case, looking at the vote count), then I would have missed it, since it I haven't bothered to reread (no, I would not consider it a necessary exercise in light of recent developments, and I am using my time selectively).

SCUM. HE DOESNT READ THE THREAD. WHAT MORE POSSIBLE EVIDENCE COULD YOU WANT? TOWN FINDS EVIDENCE EVERYWHERE BUT BBNINJAS ISNT TOWN.

simsands, I find it rather strange that you echo'd my earlier sentiments on PMJ's vote, yet missed that I started a case on him. You do make a good point on PMJ's assumption, and although rereading he appears to have only been entertaining that possibility (that Camo is scum), it is scummy that these reservations had no apparent effect on his vote on me (as they should for an inno), especially since he never concluded whether or not Camo being scum is a realistic possibility.

I think @bbninjas needs another vote to persuade him to claim since he refuses to acknowledge the mounting and growing evidence against him.

I strongly disagree that I'm tunneling, to say I've been razor-focused on BB when I've been unable to be here a lot is a ridiculous notion.
I just checked, and each of your recent posts related to Mariano and myself (one post also refers to apparent Lorde/Jpalp buddying, discussion initiated by Gekki):

I agree with this for the most part, BB and Mariano are the only people who look odd to me. But I don't understand the jplap case at all. He read my signature, how does that make him scummy?

Hey, to be fair I said I wasn't gonna be very active this time around. ;)
That's fair.

Mariano gives off the very same vibe from last game (though he did flip town so it's not strong at all), and like Camo has pointed out, BB's been unusually fluffy. Reminds me of D1 last game with all the cake gifs...

I don't believe that was buddying? I think it was strange for him to "agree" with me one an RVS, which just makes me believe he has no idea what he's doing, but w/e.

This wasn't the only thing I said in that post, though.
BB flipped scum last game, that's why it's pinging me. He's much more focused round the clock on his town meta, iirc.

It's still imho the best one. BB spouting fluff is basically what he did to start D1 last game and he ultimately flipped scum, but if it's due to irl problems then it loses a lot of ground to stand on.

Do you have any thoughts on any other people who have been involved in this wagon on me? (Or anyone else really, if there are people who are somehow not being involved.)

Can we actually just straight up lynch him? He's legitimately confo scum. He's threatening not to contribute. Honestly not a loss at all since he hasn't contributed anything.
Can we actually just straight up lynch him? He's legitimately confo scum. He's threatening not to contribute. Honestly not a loss at all since he hasn't contributed anything.

Day 1 vote count #2

The player with the most votes will be bolded.

MegaPod_781 - Jplap, Lord (1)
Professor_Jplap - Camo, Robin, NP (4)
quakingpunch73 - Mariano (1)
Mariano11887 - Camo, Gekki (0)
Lord o da rings - Gekki (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi - PMJ (0)
NinjaPenguin - Simsands (1)
Camoclone - Megapod (1)
Robin Aisaga - Quaking (1)
bbninjas - Camo, Gekki, PMJ, Jabber (4)

Professor_Jplap is at L-4
bbninjas is at L-4

Day 1 ends Wednesday February 7th at 10am EST.
This is wrong. I never unvoted Gekki.
It seems like both of you have missed the fact that I made a unique, non-echoing paragraph on PMJ, voted him and set forward a case; yet both of you imply that I have neglected to scumhunt entirely. If you are writing off my vote on PMJ because it is related to the case on me, then I am at loss as to what you expecting, as my wagon has been the only substantive development and the best place to be scumhunting (especially because I know my alignment); the Megapod and Mariano stuff of earlier was garbage.
Strawman. Robin asked you for a better case bc your case on PMJ is built off his points on you. Is PMJ the only person in the game who looks remotely scummy to you rn?

I'm not sure what this "pursuing a case on Lorde" is, because if you're referring to this and Robin's follow up comment, then calling that a case is quite the stretch (it is good pressure, but not a case). If something happened much earlier (which doesn't appear to be the case, looking at the vote count), then I would have missed it, since it I haven't bothered to reread (no, I would not consider it a necessary exercise in light of recent developments, and I am using my time selectively).
Robin is bothering to look at multiple possibilities for a lynch. You are not.

He's not the only one townreading Camo out of hand. Where did Gekki go?

Yeah, you haven't really been razor-focused on anything this game.

Looking over it, it goes to Jabber imho. It's not his defiance of Camo, I actually thinks that's townie of him, my main problem with him is he's so much more aggressive than I've ever seen before. I also didn't really like his defense of BB. Tied with him would be Gekki. I forget whomever said it, but whoever posted the idea of Gekki trying to pocket Camo I agree with.
Ahh. More echoing. Delightful.

Still on my RVS vote. Not moving it to BB, but I may as well move it to you, ##VOTE: Jabberwock. BB's at L-3 right now, so...
Did you mean to unvote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back