Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that formatting, so here's a nicer looking version of it. My last post still applies.

Blakers:

Reasons Why He's Scum:

Large connections between him and scattered
Active Lurking
Rolefishing
Tunneled a townie

Reasons Why He's Town:

Voted for scattered yesterday

Trainer Josh:

Reasons Why He's Scum:

Potentially has a scummy ability.
We were suspicious of the player he subbed in for.

Reasons Why He's Town:

Scattered interacted with him like he did with other townies
AtE seems genuine

The debate figures to be between Blakers and Trainer Josh, so I suggest we just cut to the chase and have a debate between these two. As it stands, the points for the two are as follows (you can always add to them, if you want):

Blakers:

Reasons Why He's Scum:
Active Lurking
Rolefishing
Tunneled a townie

Reasons Why He's Town:

Trainer Josh:

Reasons Why He's Scum:
Bizarre reasoning for knowing that Eevee's ability was stolen
Confidence that Eevee has another ability despite everything proving otherwise

Reasons Why He's Town:
AtE seems genuine
I bolded everything I added. How would everyone feel about Josh claiming now? It could generate discussion, give us enough time to shift a lynch if his role is townie, and possibly explain a couple of points on him.

The debate figures to be between Blakers and Trainer Josh, so I suggest we just cut to the chase and have a debate between these two. As it stands, the points for the two are as follows (you can always add to them, if you want):

Blakers:

Reasons Why He's Scum:
Active Lurking
Rolefishing
Tunneled a townie

Reasons Why He's Town:

Trainer Josh:

Reasons Why He's Scum:

Reasons Why He's Town:

AtE seems genuine

For the points I have, Blakers has more scummy points than Josh and less townie points than him. This lynch should be a no-brainer.

Now then, I'd like everyone to respond to this post. Say who you think should be lynched and copy this post (or the last rendition of it) over to yours, adding whichever points to the two that you wish.
You can call me not helping or whatever. But im not 100% convinced any of those Two are scum.
The only actual lead we have is that that whole thing with TaE`s ability Josh had earlier in the day. But i don't know if that is just a simple misswording or whatever.
Else i don't think he behaves that scummy (as NP stated with "AtE seems genuine")
Blakers is a similar story. He did have a connection to SM. Wish could be a lead. The vote on SM could be a cover up. But it would be a weird cover up tbh. So im not convinced there either.
I will cast a vote later in the Gameday. But i will take some more time to think about it.

I bolded everything I added. How would everyone feel about Josh claiming now? It could generate discussion, give us enough time to shift a lynch if his role is townie, and possibly explain a couple of points on him.
It still would be good to put yours into post form, so the next person could add to your instead of mine. Just remove the quote tags, and you should be good.
Agreed that @Trainer Josh should claim now.
You can call me not helping or whatever. But im not 100% convinced any of those Two are scum.
The only actual lead we have is that that whole thing with TaE`s ability Josh had earlier in the day. But i don't know if that is just a simple misswording or whatever.
Else i don't think he behaves that scummy (as NP stated with "AtE seems genuine")
Blakers is a similar story. He did have a connection to SM. Wish could be a lead. The vote on SM could be a cover up. But it would be a weird cover up tbh. So im not convinced there either.
I will cast a vote later in the Gameday. But i will take some more time to think about it.
Scattered was doomed, as there was no real alternative to him, making any lynch shift very scummy for the people involved. Blakers's vote on him is just to blend in.

Added Stuff in Post Form:

Blakers:

Reasons Why He's Scum: Large connections between him and scattered
Active Lurking
Rolefishing
Tunneled a townie

Reasons Why He's Town: Voted for scattered yesterday

Trainer Josh:

Reasons Why He's Scum: Potentially has a scummy ability.

Reasons Why He's Town: Scattered interacted with him like he did with other townies
AtE seems genuine

Knowing this game, we also won't have the time to lynch anyone besides them today (unless you can post a case incredibly soon). Unless you are incredibly sure they're not scum, you should vote for one of them.

Knowing this game, we also won't have the time to lynch anyone besides them today (unless you can post a case incredibly soon). Unless you are incredibly sure they're not scum, you should vote for one of them.
Yeah i know. I will vote one of the two if there isn't a diffrent case popping up. But i will just hold on for a minute to make the right decission.
Wait for a possible Defense by both and stuff like that

@Blakers If Josh flips town, who do you think is scum?
I'm not really convinced that Josh is scum. I think Drac is actually a lot more likely to be the last member. I've got somewhat of an ISO on him below, but I'm not sure how valid it is.
##VOTE : Celever

Just the first name that pop up in my mind
Not only does he ignore the Nebby issue, he votes someone who we can all generally be sure won't give us anything out of the RVS vote with no reason behind said vote.
Yeah, i am an experienced player based on how long. Have played this game, but day 1 is a extremely though for me. Most of the time there are rarely any clue that i even notice.. plus lately i felt day 1 have changed alot with this set of player ..
...but you can still do things like provide a reason for your RVS, and throw out questions for people.
The flavour vaguely confirm the NK was stopped but the way it is written could also meant that NK might have not been sent at all.. That is how I read it.
This doesn't contribute very much, and the suggestion that it may not have been sent at all only seems like a mistake an entire scum team of rookies would make, and even then it's incredibly unlikely. Both of the scum we've caught have been veterans, and Drac is also a veteran. So I'm not sure if he said that to make us think that it was a team of newer players.
I'm guessing a doctor-like role stopped it, since I'm pretty sure roleblocker can't block NK...
Probably the most likely candidate for being protected are scattered & Celever. High chance is atleast one of them are town.
Here he calls out the two scum players as being the most likely NK targets, and states that it's very likely they're town.
I didnt side with nebby lynch because it was day 1 and i didnt oay much attention on lynch candidate due to work load. Eegardless, the messenger did put on a valid point.
The workload reason is believable, but I'm not really sure why the fact that it's only Day 1 is a reason to not side with a lynch.
At this point in the game, I don't see rainy and sm as being overly aggressive toward one another to push the other person's lynch (snce from what I see this two are the one being offered for lynch eventhough rainy has no vote on him). It could either meant there are both in the same qt or both are townie with no relation. This is my view based on what have transcripted on this whole day.

About rainy's role claim, unless the that is a safeclaim and the real role has more abilities i don't see it as a scum team role.
Here he claims to believe that scattered is town again, not even mentioning rainy's seer on scattered.
@scattered mind is very unlike you to be this silence, if you are scum, you might have an ability that adversely effect the person that hammer you
Only after Lorde says "12 hours left" and it's pretty much guaranteed that scattered is the lynch does Drac bring up the idea that he might be scum.
Useless might be a really good cover for a scum who want to lay low with 2 of his teammate dead. (I kinda agreed with the note regarding TAE's 5th vote request)
Maybe, but TAE's ability is incredibly unlikely on scum and besides, you've been laying low the whole game.
Going an entire rant on Cel can't ever equal for you to be on an opposite alignment with Cel, since it's normal for scumbuddies to act not friendly with each other. Since I don't have other proof than my view on my hunch, I'm not going after your lynch
I'm not sure why you think TAE is scum. There's more evidence against it than for it.
A was out if reach for the weekend, catching up but i do find the sudden increase of activity by josh weird
I don't think this is a fair point at all, by saying this you're essentially punishing him for trying to contribute.
tl;dr: Drac seems scummy for
  • Not making much of an effort to contribute/laying low for most of the game
  • Naming the two confirmed scum as most likely to be town, and ignoring the possibility that scattered could be scum until he was undoubtedly doomed
  • Punishing activity
  • Being somewhat hypocritical

I'm open to claiming if you guys want me to.

@mirdo requested I give my defense so here goes:

Using the term "steal" when TAE had used the verb "removed"- After scanning over TAE's post regarding how he lost his powers I just started writing my response immediately (rookie mistake I guess), and used the verb steal without thinking twice about it.

Confident about TAE having a second ability- I was confident about TAE having a second ability because I didn't believe an indie would only be given one, and even that a mediocre one. Was also definitely a mistake trying to find the indie, in a game where the only thing that mattered was finding scum at that point.

These are the only actions I can think of justifying at the moment, because other things relate to something I hadn't no control over (Dragons actions being seen as scummy). Feel free to ask me whether there is anything else you want me to clear up or do.

I'm not really convinced that Josh is scum. I think Drac is actually a lot more likely to be the last member. I've got somewhat of an ISO on him below, but I'm not sure how valid it is.
Not only does he ignore the Nebby issue, he votes someone who we can all generally be sure won't give us anything out of the RVS vote with no reason behind said vote.

...but you can still do things like provide a reason for your RVS, and throw out questions for people.

This doesn't contribute very much, and the suggestion that it may not have been sent at all only seems like a mistake an entire scum team of rookies would make, and even then it's incredibly unlikely. Both of the scum we've caught have been veterans, and Drac is also a veteran. So I'm not sure if he said that to make us think that it was a team of newer players.

Here he calls out the two scum players as being the most likely NK targets, and states that it's very likely they're town.

The workload reason is believable, but I'm not really sure why the fact that it's only Day 1 is a reason to not side with a lynch.

Here he claims to believe that scattered is town again, not even mentioning rainy's seer on scattered.

Only after Lorde says "12 hours left" and it's pretty much guaranteed that scattered is the lynch does Drac bring up the idea that he might be scum.

Maybe, but TAE's ability is incredibly unlikely on scum and besides, you've been laying low the whole game.

I'm not sure why you think TAE is scum. There's more evidence against it than for it.

I don't think this is a fair point at all, by saying this you're essentially punishing him for trying to contribute.
  • Naming the two confirmed scum as most likely to be town, and ignoring the possibility that scattered could be scum until he was undoubtedly doomed
  • Punishing activity

This case could be good. If @GM DracLord doesn't respond to it in his next post, he's either modkilled or he's dodging. If he's dodging, we can and should lynch him ASAP. I don't think we have enough time to fully pursue it today, but it could be a good option for tomorrow (at the moment, I'd propose lynching Blakers, then Drac, then Josh. I'd be surprised if the scum weren't there.).

Using the term "steal" when TAE had used the verb "removed"- After scanning over TAE's post regarding how he lost his powers I just started writing my response immediately (rookie mistake I guess), and used the verb steal without thinking twice about it.

Confident about TAE having a second ability- I was confident about TAE having a second ability because I didn't believe an indie would only be given one, and even that a mediocre one. Was also definitely a mistake trying to find the indie, in a game where the only thing that mattered was finding scum at that point.

These are the only actions I can think of justifying at the moment, because other things relate to something I hadn't no control over (Dragons actions being seen as scummy). Feel free to ask me whether there is anything else you want me to clear up or do.
This response is so good I'd say that he's coached if there were any other scum left. Worst case scenario, he's the indie. Although indie is a good lynch today, I'd really like to lynch the active lurking rolefishing player who has connections to scum. I'll ISO Cel (though I think he's harder to read into) to see if I can find more evidence for anyone as scum.

This case could be good. If @GM DracLord doesn't respond to it in his next post, he's either modkilled or he's dodging. If he's dodging, we can and should lynch him ASAP. I don't think we have enough time to fully pursue it today, but it could be a good option for tomorrow (at the moment, I'd propose lynching Blakers, then Drac, then Josh. I'd be surprised if the scum weren't there.).

This response is so good I'd say that he's coached if there were any other scum left. Worst case scenario, he's the indie. Although indie is a good lynch today, I'd really like to lynch the active lurking rolefishing player who has connections to scum. I'll ISO Cel (though I think he's harder to read into) to see if I can find more evidence for anyone as scum.
Do you still think that Josh should claim after his response?

Do you still think that Josh should claim after his response?
If him claiming would shut up this case, yes.
@Trainer Josh If your role isn't really powerful (idk what it would be since seer and doctor are gone, but I'll leave that to your discretion), please claim, as we need as much time as possible if you wish to be saved. If your role is really powerful, just ignore this.

Some common roles I consider not powerful (don't limit yourself to this list; I'm just using it for guidance):
Roleblocker
Redirecter
Tracker
Watcher
Any variants of the above

Actually, @Trainer Josh I don't see you surviving without claiming at some point today, so you may as well just claim now, to give yourself the most time to survive.

Added Stuff in Post Form:

Blakers:

Reasons Why He's Scum: Large connections between him and scattered
Active Lurking
Rolefishing
Tunneled a townie

Reasons Why He's Town: Voted for scattered yesterday

Trainer Josh:

Reasons Why He's Scum: Potentially has a scummy ability.

Reasons Why He's Town: Scattered interacted with him like he did with other townies
AtE seems genuine

Quaking said everything that I wanted to say D:

I guess you could technically add "Rolefishing" to TJ Scum cause he was urging for me to claim.

Got nothing to add for blakers, I'm still neutral about him, he's certainly not really helpful though, so maybe like add "Vague and Contradictory" to Scum part cause someone did point out that he said he would be less vague and then asked another vague question.

I'm gonna lean the Trainer Josh lynch at the moment.

Bolded Point - Well, have you ever considered that I have 1 ability and I am not an indie??? :/

To be fair though, A Dragon of Destiny was gone for the entire Day 2, so naturally he'd be more neutral (in terms of leaning toward scummy or townie), than someone else like Blakers.

Also, just a thought, but isn't it kinda predictable that scum would say another scum is town, so what if scattered used reverse psychology? Just a thought.

However, if you honestly think Blakers is a better lynch than Trainer Josh, I wouldn't mind following your lead, but personally I'd prefer Josh since he just seems to be giving the vibes that he knows more about my role than maybe even me .-.

Also, for next day, what are people's thoughts about Mirdo cause he also seems to be really vague or just echoing what others have said, so not really productive and lacking activity . Drac is also in this similar scenario.

@Trainer Josh If your role isn't really powerful (idk what it would be since seer and doctor are gone, but I'll leave that to your discretion), please claim, as we need as much time as possible if you wish to be saved. If your role is really powerful, just ignore this.

Some common roles I consider not powerful (don't limit yourself to this list; I'm just using it for guidance):
Roleblocker
Redirecter
Tracker
Watcher
Any variants of the above

Why the bolded statement? If his role is really powerful, (besides the fact that people will have doubt), shouldn't he kinda say something so then we don't lynch the alleged powerful role?

Day 1 Celever ISO:
##VOTE: scattered mind because that wasn't good reasoning from Blakers at all, and I'm not sure why you tried to pass it off as legitimate.
OMGUS is a terrible scumtell because there are occasions where it can be town-motivated. OMGUS should only ever come into play later on in the game where there are lots of avenues to go down, as it is only potentially scummy because the act of voting for someone who is already voting for you sometimes centralises discussion around only one loggerhead, which can always be (and usually is) town vs town in the first place. OMGUS in RVS is not really a scumtell.

@scattered mind why did you feel the need to make a reads list about 24 hours into the game?
It strikes me as strange. After all, you didn't really say anything significant about the majority of players. Having strong thoughts only 24 hours into a game isn't expected or, oftentimes, possible on this site, given our activity levels. I just think you jumped the gun, and I'm trying to establish the rationale behind that decision and what alignment that rationale might come from.
Scumtells are scumtells because they signpost particular thought processes which are commonly found on members of the scum team. What thought process do you think went into Nebby's OMGUS vote at the beginning of the day which would signify an anti-town alignment?
The point isn't that things should have been said later, but rather why you felt the need to say them at all.
Everything in this game has motive of some description. Do you agree that there were parts of the post that weren't strictly necessary to include?
These. What was accomplished by these?
Keeping things short is towny because it removes fluff.

This proves my point. I was in town all day, thus couldn't post. Given the premature time of posting, this counts as "flying under the radar". In reality, it was meaningless because I wasn't even around to post, and thus nothing was accomplished, contrary to what you claim here.

Why IS it necessary?
I'm townreading Nebby. Hopefully I can throw together a case as to why.
It should have been suspicious the second we saw this. He literally only interacts with scattered, comments on Nebby, and off-handedly mentions Blakers. This Day gives us no information on anyone.

Day 2 Celever ISO:
Nebby's role is a doctor, though. There can't possibly be two in one game, right?

Sorry for becoming inactive at the end of Day 1, but fwiw I agree with the announcer. Lynching a new players so early on was a mistake IMO, and the case on him for being scum was poor.
Rolefish.

Because in games this small it's pretty bad game design, honestly.
If you have a chance to confirm a scum as a result of a scan ability you should take it.
Right now I read both rainy and scattered as town. Can you recap on why there's a vs situation there at all, @NinjaPenguin?
We should wait until tomorrow, then. There has been a devastatingly absolute cessation of scumhunting today as a result of this chance-based seer which isn't good at all. We should leave rainy and scattered aside and continue to scumhunt to find more targets.
I was inactive from the site as a whole over that period. Life got in the way of the case, unfortunately.

I'm not adverse to a scattered lynch because I don't think he's been his usual self, but that's entirely a meta read which are always weaker than normal ready. Low activity means that scumhunting is difficult and honestly I have a lot on my plate at the minute. I don't want to put the effort into another game where I'll just get nightkilled soon and then the whole town drives itself into a hole. Once scumhunting happens I'll help out with it, but stagnating the whole process over night results is just a poor use of time because it only concerns two players.
What would this achieve?
My money's on TAE. After all, coming in only to share thoughts on that one small part of the post is kinda active lurking and non-contributive.
Besides the TAE thing, which we've already discussed giving TAE town points for, he only gives opinions on rainy (which are just to save scattered) and attacks Blakers a bit, which he also sorta did Day 1 in his 1st post. Seeing as the only other player he went after was scattered, I think Blakers may be scum (also, he was the only player besides scattered that Cel mentioned both days).
tl;dr Cel gives out barely any info. Tiny bit towards Blakers being scum, as he treats him most similarly to how he treated scattered, but it's mostly insubstantial. Still, the fact that both scum only point towards Blakers being scum is very suspicious for Blakers.

Also, just a thought, but isn't it kinda predictable that scum would say another scum is town, so what if scattered used reverse psychology? Just a thought.
That's classic WIFOM for you. Scattered buddied Blakers most like how he did with Cel (and vice-versa). That's our best guess.
However, if you honestly think Blakers is a better lynch than Trainer Josh, I wouldn't mind following your lead, but personally I'd prefer Josh since he just seems to be giving the vibes that he knows more about my role than maybe even me .-.

Also, for next day, what are people's thoughts about Mirdo cause he also seems to be really vague or just echoing what others have said, so not really productive and lacking activity . Drac is also in this similar scenario.
I think Blakers is by far the better lynch for scum (if it was just anti-town, I'd be up in the air between Josh and Blakers).
I'll talk about the second half of this quote later.

I always follow my intuition during day 1, the first person that I think likely to get a scummy role.

Hence why I don't have a reason for my RVS. Didn't though it was really neecessary for me to throw out question so early to the game.

You're right, I was just trying to post to fulfill my quota since I really don't know what to say at the moment since I was paying full attention to the game during that time Note, I may be a veteran player but that does not meant I'm really good in this game. nor does it meant I play using the same style as them.

Pure guess. If I knew those 2 were scum I should have known better not to address them together to avoid attention.

Like i said, I missed the deadline. Hence not placing my vote.

I missed the rainy's post

I just post thing based on what I see it.

If i though he was very scum likely, I would have said more to gather vote against TAE

Sorry if it sound like I'm punishing him

• Punishing activity

1. I lay lower than most player and contribute lesser in pretty much every game regardless of my role since.
2. Naming those 2 are just my guesses. I would be stupid to name 2 scumbbies as likely town when I would have the highest chance to be lynch due to my playstyle.
3.& 4. No comment here.

Why the bolded statement? If his role is really powerful, (besides the fact that people will have doubt), shouldn't he kinda say something so then we don't lynch the alleged powerful role?

At this point I don't see a more powerful role. If there is, it most proabbly fit a scum or even an indie more than a townie hence regardless he need to claim.
So @Trainer Josh due note

Actually, @Trainer Josh I don't see you surviving without claiming at some point today, so you may as well just claim now, to give yourself the most time to survive.
At this point I don't see a more powerful role. If there is, it most proabbly fit a scum or even an indie more than a townie hence regardless he need to claim.
So @Trainer Josh due note
Since clearly me claiming is one of the best ways to speed up the game pace, and also hopefully allow us to come to an appropriate conclusion before Day 3 ends. Which I just want to point out may be sooner than some think, depending on whether Lorde decideds to cut the time in half or not.
You are Boo and are aligned with the kingdom. Now, you’re supposed to be helping Bowser and his koopa army out in destroying the kingdom, but you really could care less about helping him. You’re actually quite angry that King Boo sent you out here and made you help him. You’ll surely be punished upon return, but really, if Bowser is the reason you’re out here you’re going to make him pay.

Active Ability - Petrifying: Twice during the game you may PM me 'Petrifying [Player]' and you may attempt to block that player from performing any actions.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back