Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postgame #1 - Player + Role Analysis

This is just my two-sense on how you guys played this time around. Take nothing personally. This is critiquing your gameplay, not you.

@rainyman123 - Toadette
You are Toadette and are aligned with the kingdom. Just like Toad, you’re very stubborn and perceptive, however you can be fairly childish at times. But your very active, attentive, and daring personality make you one of the best at sniffing out baddies, as well as hidden treasures.

Active Ability - Super Sleuth: Your levels of perception are higher than that of anyone in the kingdom. As a result, every night you may PM me a player name. You will learn if that player is involved in scummy activity that night.

Active Ability - Investigative Recollections: Your stubborn attitude can get in the way of your nightly investigations. Every night, you may PM me ‘Recollections [NIGHT #]’ and you will learn if you were being stubborn (the read is useless) or practical (the read was correct).

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the kingdom.

The seer is without a doubt the most powerful town role there is. However, seers need to have some sort of check so they don’t always get a confirmed correct answer and just start using POE. Combine that with Rosalina’s Galactic Foretelling and town had it locked up like that.

Rainy, your game in terms of skill was quite disappointing. You were of course the player who got scattered lynched, but you did nothing else.

The Positive:
- Having email notifications on. That is the only way you could’ve gotten the real results from your N1 seer, as I edited that mistake in a matter of seconds and you weren’t online. That one email was a massive push to the town’s victory.

The Negative:
- Not learning from past games of RVS. This disappointed me, and after you participated in XLII I figured you’d remember the big RVS discussion at the beginning of D1 that actually led to my lynch. You saying “idk” was a big slap in the face to your progress.
- Weird activity imbalance. Sometimes you were super active (D2), others you barely were around (D4).
- You did a lot of role speculating. Role spec like the kind you did rarely helps in any scenario. For example, you stated Cel’s safeclaim was Toad and guessed what the indie's name was. It didn’t make much since, and was entirely unnecessary.
- Lack of listening. On D4, Blakers claimed his role, however you voted him based on him having yet to claim. There is no excuse for an error like that, you need to be reading everything.

@Celever - Koopa
You are Koopa and are aligned with the koopa army. You are a tiny, but tough soldier who seeks revenge on Mario for having been beaten down by him countless times. While you may simply be a foot soldier of Bowser, you seek to end Mario’s existence.

Passive Ability - The Hidden Room: You have discovered a hidden room to use to communicate with the other members of the army! [QT link]

Active Ability - Shell Spin: Every night you may PM me the name of a player. You will silently inch near them in your small and unnoticeable shell. You will learn how many people they targeted and how many people targeted them. However, you’re rolling silently in a small shell, and can’t get a clear sight of who’s targeting who.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the koopa army.

This wasn’t the most thrilling of the roles, a motion detector whether town or scum is a very weak role in comparison to others. Moving on.

In terms of personal gameplay, Celever, in my opinion, played the safest scum game. Appeared to be acting normal, etc. No one was really looking into him seriously. His untimely death shook the game in many, many ways. I can’t blame scum for this loss, that was just seriously bad luck.

The Positive:
- Communicating with the scum team as much as you could. There’s no doubt you were posting the most in the scumchat, and I think you helped give your team a genuine chance.

The Negative:
- Same as Dragon you buddied with scattered (though not as blatantly). Shifting the lynch target, not even discreetly was very bold. I applaud you for the risk taking, but it wasn’t going to be long before NP picked up on what was happening.

@scattered mind - Cat Goomba
You are Cat Goomba and are aligned with the koopa army. You’re a special variant of Goomba. Before you entered the battlefield, Bowser gave you a Super Bell, powering you up to Cat Goomba.

Passive Ability - The Hidden Room: You have discovered a hidden room to use to communicate with other members of the army! [QT link]

Passive Ability - Super Rewards: If you are killed, your killer will receive a Super Bell which they can use whenever they’d like. If you are banished, the player who hammered you will receive the Super Bell instead.

Active Ability - Lucky Gift: Every night you may PM me a player name. You will gift this player a lucky bell to hold onto that night, and the bell will luckily protect them from all night actions. You may use this ability on yourself once.

This was a role I added to the game less than 48 hours before roles were sent. I swapped it out for Bowser because he had like 12 abilities I knew I would not be able to manage it. A scum doctor was a role I’d wanted to see in play since Superheroes, and I believe it found the perfect scenario to shine. Built to counter Harriet, really.

Scattered, it was very obvious you felt the need to appear townie to everyone. I don’t see why you felt the need to push that, since you’re almost always the “go-to townie”. It cast a lot of suspicion on you, and your disappearance towards the end of D2 certainly didn’t help you out of the hole you’d dug. However, you got robbed, I slipped up which screwed you. Not to mention NP surviving (when he was onto you from D1), alongside this was very damaging to your odds of making it far.

The Positive:
- Doctoring yourself N1. That was a good move.
- Letting rainy “bus” you. It made him look scummy if you flipped scum, which had a lot of potential to redirect attention from your buddies to him.

The Negative:
- Making a reads list so early into the game. It made you look as if you were trying too hard, and it’s a reason why NP was suspicious of you.
- Disappearing towards the end of D2. It made you look super scummy. If you tried to fight it or cooperate, you probably could have gotten away with it.

@Jadethepokemontrainer - Mario
You are Mario and are aligned with the kingdom. You are always the front and center star of the day. Stomping koopas, goombas, and beating Bowser’s butt is just on your daily schedule! You’re a courageous hero, known for fending off the bad guys.

Passive Ability - Kingdom Favorite: Everybody loves Mario! You cannot die by lynch. If you are picked to be lynched, it will simply be revealed that there was no lynch, and you will remain in the game.

Mario was lynchproof. Moving on.

Jade, I have a lot to say. You’ve been playing the game since XL and I’ve yet to see much improvement. You have always been a very passive and inactive player, and it sucks that you keep signing up for these games and continue to be inactive. You got lucky TAE cleared you, because you could have seen a case build on your lack of scumhunting and new ideas.

The Positive:
- Occasionally you’d add on to other people’s thoughts and either increase or decrease a case’s strength.

The Negative:
- Inactivity. I’ve seen you online many times, active lurk, but it seemed early on you didn’t post unless I tagged you. Then you disappeared again. This was super scummy.
- Echoing. When you were actually posting, most of it was echoing the popular opinion or someone’s suggestion. Nothing of note comes to mind of what you did this game.
- Hammering Blakers D4. Prevented more discussion, and it prevented Blakers from gaining more information.

@NinjaPenguin - Donkey Kong
You are Donkey Kong and you are aligned with the kingdom. You came out from the jungle to have fun at the Royal Palace and got caught up in this mess. Your love of bananas will surely be helpful somehow.

Active Ability - I Don’t Recycle: Two nights during the game, you may PM me a player name. You will place a banana peel in front of that player, and they will be protected from all night actions directed towards them (including the night kill), however they will be unable to make any actions themselves.

Two-shot Jailer. Half doctor, half roleblocker. This was the other townie role able to stop the night kill.

NP is one of the mafia veterans here, and has become a top player. His play this time was no exception to that. He made some very smart moves, and was seemingly always a step ahead of the scum.

The Positive:
- Blocking the kill N1 on yourself. It confirmed you as non-scum, helping narrow the priority list down.
- Baiting the kill N2, and pretending to be vanilla, which is genius. It worked too.
- Pushing people for responses, making sure people posted. You encouraged town activity heavily.

@Blakers - Captain Toad
You are Captain Toad and are aligned with the kingdom. You’re a top explorer with a knack for finding things, and your knack for finding Super Gems will likely be useful in the long run.

Passive Ability - Treasure Tracking: Every day you will go hunting for Super Gems. At the beginning of the night, you will find a random number of 1-3 Super Gems.

Passive Ability - Exchange: You’ve chosen to purchase a coin box, which was definitely very smart. Every day you will collect 10 coins from the Coin Box, which will be exchanged for 2 Super Gems at the beginning of the night.

Passive Ability - Decoy: Seems that you’ve saved up enough Super Gems to buy yourself a Double Cherry. Quite the worthy upgrade. A double cherry spawns a second version of you. If you are attacked, your second version will take the hit, and you will survive. If you are picked to be lynched, your double will take the hit and there will be no lynch. This ability will lock after successfully used.

Active Ability - Purchase: You are able to use the Super Gems you find and exchange them for wondrous power ups! Super Gems are extremely valuable, so don’t take any of your options for granted. Every night you may PM me “Purchase [ITEM]”. You may buy as many items as you can afford. However, after you buy an item, you will be unable to buy it again.

Active Ability - Lucky Cat: Purchasing a Lucky Bell may have been your safest move, captain. One night during the game, you may PM me ‘Lucky Cat’ and you will be invincible the following day and night, and cannot be lynched or night killed. In addition, anyone who had you as their vote at the end of the day will lose an ability. If you cause an anti-kingdom player to lose an ability, you will be notified and will be able to use this ability a second time.

This role was a lot of things. Mainly a shopper, it could be 1-time bulletproof, an all-immune nerfer, a double vote, a tracker. This thing had some sick variety, though it was all temporary. Once it was all used up, it couldn’t be used anymore. You’d be a vanilla just like that. However, since it was hard to use it all up that fast, it allowed the role to be pretty overpowered in terms of protection and offensive nature.

Blakers played a great game, and showed many signs of improvement. He was a bit rusty, since he hadn't played in the last two games (one of which he hosted).

The Positive:
- Buying a Lucky Bell. It nerfs everyone who votes for you, and it was useful since it would alert you if a scum voted for you. For example, if you reached a majority and you weren’t alerted, that’s 5 people cleared. This happened, too. Or if you get 1-2 votes and are alerted, game over. This item did so many things at once, using it directly after the day where your case was a thing was smart too. Not to mention how it affected your D4 strategy.
- Day 4 was amazing for you, especially towards the end. Laying out the voting in a way that could either confirm or deny quaking the indie spot is genius. If done right, it could end the game right there. Spreading out your voters was an amazing way to narrow down the indie list (and since there were only three suspects for you). It would’ve been either Mirdo or Drac, or it could’ve confirmed quaking as the indie right then and there. Unfortunately, this wasn't followed directly, but you still cleared Drac (which cleared you).

The Negative:
- Claiming only part of your role D4. It made you look as if you’re trying to hide something, which isn’t the appearance you want to have when you have a ¼ chance of being lynched.

@quakingpunch73 - Harriet
You are Harriet and are aligned with yourself. You’re a member of Broodal Bridal, an evil wedding planning company that can be hired to plan a wedding. However, looks like you’ll be representing the whole company on this one...

Active Ability - Matrimony Maker: Seeing as you’re a wedding planner, you may choose to wed two players one night. You may PM me ‘Matrimony: [PLAYER] with [PLAYER]’ one night. At the beginning of the following night, they will be wed, and will become lovers. If one of them dies, the other loses their abilities, breaking the couple (You cannot use this ability the same night as ‘Spike Bomb’).

Active Ability - Spike Bomb: You are able to launch spiked bombs at players. Twice during the game, you may PM me ‘Spike Bomb [PLAYER]’. You will place a spike bomb in front of a player, killing them at night. The night this Ability is used it will also stop the night kill, seeing as they would wish to steer clear of the bomb (You cannot use this ability the same night as ‘Matrimony Maker’).

Win Condition: Wed and break 2 couples.

100% my favorite role here. Matrimony Maker was something I’ve never seen before, and can create couples of lovers. I wish I built on it more. For one, it needed to be nerfed to a single kill (forcing them to work to get one of their second round targets lynched). Second, I wish that once marriages were completed, a QT would form. This would have made the role even more exciting and confusing to watch.

To win, you basically needed to get to N4 while evading being blocked N1 and N3, and jailed at all. This didn’t seem to be a problem, as while he was blocked on N2, he was killing that night, and that role was unable to stop a night kill. TAE’s ‘Galactic Foretelling’ was a huge problem for him. It showed quaking on his list twice, which made TAE automatically suspicious of him. However, quaking made an absolutely genius play to marry himself with NP. While after killing NP, he would lose his role, he knew his wincon would still be achieved and he’d win the game, vanilla or not. However, his plans adapted quickly because of the new situation.

The Positive:
- Killing Cel. You took out a scum (which doesn’t matter for you) but it made you look extremely townie when you weren’t counterclaimed for killing him. It allowed you to claim vig, and made you seem vanilla.
- Marrying yourself with someone else. I have to say this was genius. It assured that if you or NP were banished, you’d still win. It also allowed you to just take out NP N4. Bonus points for marrying NP, too, since he was a vanilla meaning he was defenseless (not to mention he was the most vocal townie out there).
- Constant questions. You needed to know your role inside and out, and you asked many questions throughout the game.
- The level of mimicry of your own town meta was amazing.

@TheAnticipationEevee - Rosalina
You are Rosalina and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a princess who dwells on a comet observatory with star-like beings, living peacefully. While your life may be peaceful, and you don’t want to hurt anyone, your abilities are spectacular, and can do much harm. You wish to protect Mario, Peach, and their friends from any threat that could harm them.

Passive Ability - Galactic Foretelling: Seeing as your abilities stem even into psychic attributes, you can learn things about players that would be difficult to learn otherwise. Every odd night, you will receive the names of four players, at least one of which is not aligned with the kingdom.

Active Ability - Luma Frenzy: You have the lumas loyalty and gratitude, and they are always around you. Every night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be swarmed by lumas, and have all of their night actions cut off by the lumas for the night.

Galactic Foretelling was broken. Period. There is no arguing this, it was just too powerful. I should have nerfed it to giving 4 names during N0 only. Alarms went off in my head when I realized I was clearing half the town by giving TAE that list on N3. It was especially powerful since it guaranteed the town’s win, as there was only the indie left.

TAE you did great! You conveyed your thoughts well, and played with great tactics. I know you haven’t played forum mafia in a while, which is why I was glad you needed only a minimal catchup to be playing like a new meta player.

The Positive:
- You made sure you clarified your logic whenever asked.

The Negative:
- Way too much host inspection. You shouldn’t try to get inside the host’s head and see what they would most likely do. This wastes time, and can cause conversation scum can easily take advantage of.

@GM DracLord - Peach
You are Peach and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a kind princess, but you’re often kidnapped, and spend more of your time in dungeons than in castles. However at the moment you are the one holding the kingdom together.

Active Ability - Beacon of Hope: Every night you may PM me a message of up to 35 words to be included the Daybreak update.

An announcer. I regret having it be completely vanilla, because otherwise this could have held some serious power. Because it had nothing else, it was fairly useless. Adding a watcher/tracker would have made it viable. There was no designated town tracker, but the Bulb Berry was technically able to track 2 random players (though it only saw play once).

Drac, as one of the mafia vets this time around, I was pretty a bit confused. You were super inactive, and didn’t contribute a lot of new thought. Admittedly I don’t have much to say about you. You didn't do much.

The Negative:
- The serious inactivity. I have never remembered you being an inactive (at least not this bad) before this time.

@Little Cherrim / @A Dragon of Destiny / @Trainer Josh - Boo
You are Boo and are aligned with the koopa army. You may follow King Boo for the most part, but since King Boo was lazy, he sent you to help out Bowser. Whyyyyyyyyy, you could care less about this stupid attack he has planned! How does it affect you in any way?

Passive Ability - The Hidden Room: You have discovered a hidden room to use to communicate with other members of the army! [QT link]

Passive Ability - Ghostly: Seeing as you’re already dead, you cannot die. You can, however, still be banished seeing as that will not kill you.

Active Ability - Haunting: Your skill in haunting has brought you great success in the past. Twice during the game you may PM me ‘Haunting [PLAYER]’ and you will haunt this player. If this player was killed that night, their role will not be revealed, however you will receive their role PM.

Active Ability - Stealing: The Boo species is well known for their stealing skills and thievery. Twice during the game you may PM me ‘Stealing [PLAYER]’. You will steal an ability this player has, and they will lose this ability for the remainder of the game (You cannot use this the same night as ‘Haunting’).

Although it wasn’t intended to be, this ended up being the “power role” so to speak of the scum team. You have a bulletproof janitor that steals abilities. How OP is that?

Welcome to forum mafia Dragon and Josh! Sadly, you were a bit unlucky with the timing, seeing as mafia's pretty much done now. Little Cherrim did nothing, skip. Dragon was pretty active and contributing towards the end of Day 1, though his silence in D2 was boring. Trainer by far had the most interesting play, and there were both serious highs and rock bottom lows. I’ll be commenting on solely him below.

The Positive:
- Asking the insane amount of questions you did. You made sure you knew how your role worked inside and out.
- Being out there, and talking as much as possible. Newbies are frequently known for their inactivity and passive gameplay. I was one of those players at one point. You, however, were not one of them. For the one day you were in the game for, you were posting more than about everyone there.

The Negative:
- Claiming very unusual roles that weren’t like anything what you had. The whole point of a safeclaim is to use it to fit your actual role, not manipulate it. Claiming an ability similar to TAE’s was probably the lowest of the lows, however. That sealed your fate, undeniably.
- Phrasing TAE’s ability as “stolen”. A big thing in Mafia is wording, and one thing worded off or incorrectly can cause many things, like your own lynch, a huge misunderstanding, etc. Watch your wording. If it takes you a bit longer to make sure your wording is good, then take that extra time.

@TheSceptileMaster / @TheFlyingPidove / @mirdo - Luigi
You are Luigi and are aligned with the kingdom. You are always outshone by your more well-known, and more out there twin brother. You are more quiet, reserved, and more in the background. But time and time again, you’ve proven yourself worthy and a hero.

Active Ability - Poltergeist 5000: You’ve brought your very own Poltergeist 5000, which you used to suck up ghosts inhabiting your mansion. You can now use it in a most unique way. Every night you may PM me ‘Poltergeist [PLAYER]’. You’ll put the vacuum in reverse mode blowing tons of air at them, causing them to run scared, blocking their actions that night.

Well, gg me for the incorrect wording on the ability. It's a roleblocker, moving on.

TSM did nothing, skip. TFP did next to nothing, skip. Mirdo had a noticeable step up in play from his last few games. I had a few gripes about his gameplay from other games I didn't see this time around.

The Positive:
- No more jokes. You were super well known for your fluffy jokes in past games. I didn't see any of that this time around, and I think it helped you. Great job!
- Being so quick to pick up on quaking's vig-like abilities. That could've easily been missed.

The Negative:
- Inactivity, you had a lot of it. Like some other players, you were either a big voice or nearly silent.

@Nebby Baggington - Yoshi
You are Yoshi and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a very cheery being, and will help anyone you see as good.

Active Ability - Egg Lay: Every night you may PM me a player name. That player will be protected from the nighkill. However, if this ability is used to protect a member of the koopa army, you will die. You may use this ability on yourself once.

Active Ability - Gluttony: There are three different fruits you like to eat, those are the Dash Pepper, the Blimp Fruit, and the Bulb Berry. Every night, you may PM me “Dash Pepper”, “Blimp Fruit”, or “Bulb Berry” and you will each this fruit. You will learn the effects of each berry as you eat them.

This was a very interesting role. It bummed me beyond belief that it was out Day 1, because I would have loved to see this role in action. Weak Doctor was an interesting twist, I haven’t seen it on the forums before. I loved the Glutton ability, and would have loved to see the berries shine. Luckily, another role had 2 of the berries, but they weren’t a big part of their role like they were for this one.

Nebby, I’m glad you decided to step into the Mafia scene, because I love new players! However, you’ve got a lot of improvement to do to.

The Positive:
-You stuck to what you said and never strayed. Apply this trait to scum hunting and you’re on your way to becoming a top grade player!

The Negative:
-You didn’t post enough, you needed to put yourself out there and start scum hunting.
-Having no opinions on anyone makes you look scummy, as if you’re waiting for someone to call out someone for something and bandwagon. Opinions should be forming on someone once they’ve made a couple posts. Do not hold these opinions back.
-Lastly, playing a “passive” game and being adamant about it. One reason mafia is dying is because we have an overabundance of passive players. One of the reasons an active player skipped this game is because they got sick of being one of the only players scum hunting or doing anything productive.

Postgame #2 - Role Design + Hosting Errors

The game was in production for months, and I think only one role from the original drafts stayed as it was into the role PMs. The indie was constantly shifting with a variety of wincons and abilities. Rosalina, Wario, Dry Bowser, Parabones, Motley Bossblob, so many other ideas for the indie came up. Admittedly, balancing was heavily in favor of the town this time around. I was trying to give the town a slight advantage, but not as major as the one they ended up having. I don't think it had as much to do with the scum's loss as my big hosting error did, but this is how the roles should have been changed. About half of them seriously needed it:

You are Peach and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a kind princess, but you’re often kidnapped, and spend more of your time in dungeons than in castles. However at the moment you are the one holding the kingdom together.

Active Ability - Beacon of Hope: Every night you may PM me a message of up to 35 words to be included the Daybreak update.

This role was too weak. There was no point in putting an Announcer in the game if they had nothing to announce. I personally think adding a Watcher/Tracker to this role would've been perfect. Still fairly weak, but not to the point where it was ridiculous.

You are Rosalina and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a princess who dwells on a comet observatory with star-like beings, living peacefully. While your life may be peaceful, and you don’t want to hurt anyone, your abilities are spectacular, and can do much harm. You wish to protect Mario, Peach, and their friends from any threat that could harm them.

Passive Ability - Galactic Foretelling: Seeing as your abilities stem even into psychic attributes, you can learn things about players that would be difficult to learn otherwise. Every odd night, you will receive the names of four players, at least one of which is not aligned with the kingdom.

Active Ability - Luma Frenzy: You have the lumas loyalty and gratitude, and they are always around you. Every night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be swarmed by lumas, and have all of their night actions cut off by the lumas for the night.

Too powerful. Galactic Foretelling was broken. I probably should have nerfed it so that you get a list of 4 on N0. Then, Luma Frenzy didn't need to exist, so that should've been scrapped completely.

You are Captain Toad and are aligned with the kingdom. You’re a top explorer with a knack for finding things, and your knack for finding Super Gems will likely be useful in the long run.

Passive Ability - Treasure Tracking: Every day you will go hunting for Super Gems. At the beginning of the night, you will find a random number of 1-3 Super Gems.

Passive Ability - Exchange: Seems that you’ve saved up enough Super Gems to buy yourself a Double Cherry. Quite the worthy upgrade. A double cherry spawns a second version of you. If you are attacked, your second version will take the hit, and you will survive. If you are picked to be lynched, your double will take the hit and there will be no lynch. This ability will lock after successfully used.

Passive Ability - Decoy: Seems that you’ve saved up enough Super Gems to buy yourself a Double Cherry. Quite the worthy upgrade. A double cherry spawns a second version of you. If you are attacked, your second version will take the hit, and you will survive. If you are picked to be lynched, your double will take the hit and there will be no lynch. This ability will lock after successfully used.

Active Ability - Purchase: You are able to use the Super Gems you find and exchange them for wondrous power ups! Super Gems are extremely valuable, so don’t take any of your options for granted. Every night you may PM me “Purchase [ITEM]”. You may buy as many items as you can afford. However, after you buy an item, you will be unable to buy it again.

Active Ability - Lucky Cat: Purchasing a Lucky Bell may have been your safest move, captain. One night during the game, you may PM me ‘Lucky Cat’ and you will be invincible the following day and night, and cannot be lynched or night killed. In addition, anyone who had you as their vote at the end of the day will lose an ability. If you cause an anti-kingdom player to lose an ability, you will be notified and will be able to use this ability a second time.

Incredibly fun role. However way too powerful. Exchange was pointless, and saw absolutely no play throughout the game. It could've accelerated the purchase rate, but that wasn't necessary either. Decoy didn't need to exist, at all. We already had a lynchproof player, having one with two bulletproof abilities was ridiculous.

You are Koopa and are aligned with the koopa army. You are a tiny, but tough soldier who seeks revenge on Mario for having been beaten down by him countless times. While you may simply be a foot soldier of Bowser, you seek to end Mario’s existence.

Passive Ability - The Hidden Room: You have discovered a hidden room to use to communicate with the other members of the army! [QT link]

Active Ability - Shell Spin: Every night you may PM me the name of a player. You will silently inch near them in your small and unnoticeable shell. You will learn how many people they targeted and how many people targeted them. However, you’re rolling silently in a small shell, and can’t get a clear sight of who’s targeting who.

Sadly weak. I don't how I would've fixed this role. Halfway through the game I actually made a role because I was bored, and after I finished it I was wowed at how much better a role it was than this one. It was basically a scum who could feed players false information at night. I wish I'd made the role soon enough.

You are Cat Goomba and are aligned with the koopa army. You’re a special variant of Goomba. Before you entered the battlefield, Bowser gave you a Super Bell, powering you up to Cat Goomba.

Passive Ability - Super Rewards: If you are killed, your killer will receive a Super Bell which they can use whenever they’d like. If you are banished, the player who hammered you will receive the Super Bell instead.

Active Ability - Lucky Gift: Every night you may PM me a player name. You will gift this player a lucky bell to hold onto that night, and the bell will luckily protect them from all night actions. You may use this ability on yourself once.

I built this to try and keep scum safe from the indie. It'd be used to protect Koopa basically every night except once. Boo was bulletproof so he didn't need it. I wanted it to protect them from the indie so that he'd never really shoot them, but that failed because of how quickly scattered was lynched. The only thing wrong with this role was Super Rewards didn't need to exist.

You are Harriet and are aligned with yourself. You’re a member of Broodal Bridal, an evil wedding planning company that can be hired to plan a wedding. However, looks like you’ll be representing the whole company on this one...

Active Ability - Matrimony Maker: Seeing as you’re a wedding planner, you may choose to wed two players one night. You may PM me ‘Matrimony: [PLAYER] with [PLAYER]’ one night. At the beginning of the following night, they will be wed, and will become lovers. If one of them dies, the other loses their abilities, breaking the couple (You cannot use this ability the same night as ‘Spike Bomb’).

Active Ability - Spike Bomb: You are able to launch spiked bombs at players. Twice during the game, you may PM me ‘Spike Bomb [PLAYER]’. You will place a spike bomb in front of a player, killing them at night. The night this Ability is used it will also stop the night kill, seeing as they would wish to steer clear of the bomb (You cannot use this ability the same night as ‘Matrimony Maker’).

Win Condition: Wed and break 2 couples.

The role, though somewhat interesting in effect, needed to be built on more. I was thinking about having the concept where once the marriage was official (as in a day had passed) a QT would start for them. Also, Spike Bomb needed a nerf. I should've made it a single kill, so that it would kinda turn the role into an executioner, forcing them to push for one of their newest target's lynches.

As for the hosting errors, after reviewing this a bit more, there actually weren't as many errors as I originally thought there were. I only managed to find 2 big ones after looking back:

- N1: Rainy chose to inspect scattered. Scattered protected himself. Rainy got a PM I forgot to edit after he protected himself. I edited it instantly, but rainy had email notifications on and saw it that way. There's no way he would've gotten it otherwise. He wasn't online at the time, and I edited it within a minute.

- Role PMs: Mirdo's role accidentally said "Poltergeist 5000", instead of "Poltergust 5000". I even knew it was Poltergust, I have no idea why I screwed up on that one. ._.

A lot of your comments were really on point, but I wanted to point out that another big issue was the doubling up on roles (RB, Doc, Seer), yet the absence of others (Watcher, Tracker). Also, roles that were fully inferior to other's (like mirdo's) were not a good thing either.

A couple of other notes (that I can't tell if you know or not) is that Motion Detector is a role that's close to useless for the scum, since it doesn't really help them PR scout (I personally prefer a Watcher/Tracker who sees roles instead of players for this purpose, and think it's a good role for both scum and town to have). Spike Bomb automatically stopping the kill was completely broken, but I'm pretty sure you already know that. Finally, when Yoshi knows nothing about the berries (or Blakers knows nothing about what he's purchasing), it makes that part of the role pretty useless for the player (all it does is add unnecessary swing), which is no good.

P.S. Could we see the Role Doc.? I'm specifically wondering what Rainy's correct seer chance was, Yoshi's berries were, what the Super Bell did, and the details of Blakers's purchasing (and I think it would have be cool to see what the other roles (like Bowser) would have been).

Great job hosting the game @Lord o da rings, was a lot of fun and the theme, roles, flavor, etc., was very creative! Props to Quaking for that amazing win (obviously the town won as well), same goes for all the active town members. Also gonna congratulate TAE in particular for catching my small mistake in the middle of the game, gotta hand it to him. Excited to see what the next Mafia game is gonna look like, that is assuming they get enough people to join:D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back