Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
GAMEFREEZE, sorry I feel asleep very early last night. This should've ended hours ago.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player(s) with the most votes is tagged, and is also banished.

@Blakers (5): rainyman123 (vote) | GM DracLord (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) | TheAnticipationEevee (vote) | GM DracLord (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) | Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) |
mirdo (0): NinjaPenguin (vote) | GM DracLord (vote) | Blakers (vote) |

The day began to wane, as did the kingdom's time. After the list seemed narrowed down, the kingdom made their choices based on that list. Because of that, many were quiet and had little to say.

Kamek: Alright, who's it gonna be today?

In response, the kingdom pushed up Blakers. His efforts in persuading others had failed.

Kamek: Alright, let's see who he was...

As Kamek was trying to magically reveal him and banish him, something got in the way.

Kamek: Huh? Not working, that's new...
Mario: Something wrong?
Kamek: Not sure, it seems something is keeping Blakers from being banished. Weird.

THERE HAS BEEN NO LYNCH!!!

- Night 4 has begun, and will end Thursday August 31, 2017 at 7AM EDT, which is about 48 hours from now.
- There is to be no talking during the night phase in this thread.
- You must submit your night actions on your own, I will not submit them or randomize them for you.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
With only 8 members of the kingdom left, the town was growing quieter. However, with a nights getting quieter as well, it gave a perfect opportunity to take one out. Mario, and Rosalina rose first.

Mario: You hear anything last night?
Rosalina: No, I heard nothing. How about you?
Mario: I thought I might have heard something but I'm not sure
Rosalina:
Well, we should probably look for bodies.
Mario: I agree, let's do that.

Mario and Rosalina began sweeping the palace for any signs of a dead person. They split up to cover ground faster. Only moments later, Rosalina called Mario over.

Rosalina: Mario! I found someone!
Mario: Who is it?
Rosalina: Donkey Kong! He's dead!
Mario: Well, it seems that whoever this threat is, they aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

You are Donkey Kong and you are aligned with the kingdom. You came out from the jungle to have fun at the Royal Palace and got caught up in this mess. Your love of bananas will surely be helpful somehow.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the kingdom.

Rosalina: He was undeserving of that...
Mario: He was, but let's hope we can avenge him today.
Rosalina: Let's start by waking everyone up.
Mario: Sounds like a good idea.

As Mario and Rosalina finished waking everyone up, and telling them the bad news, Kamek emerged from the castle.

Kamek: Alright, let Day 5 begin. Do as you may. You know I don't care.

- Day 5 has begun, and will end on Tuesday September 5, 2017 at 7AM EDT, which is about 120 hours from now.
- There are 7 players alive, meaning the majority to banish is 4.

Masstag: @rainyman123, @Jadethepokemontrainer, @Blakers, @quakingpunch73, @TheAnticipationEevee, @GM DracLord, @mirdo

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
So, I'm guessing you all are pretty annoyed with me. I'd be annoyed, too. I'm sorry that you all lost your abilities, but this was why I only had three people voting me in my plan. For anyone who's confused, Lucky Cat basically nuked your roles, then told me if it affected an anti-kingdom player. Here's what it was:
Active Ability - Lucky Cat: Purchasing a Lucky Bell may have been your safest move, captain. One night during the game, you may PM me ‘Lucky Cat’ and you will be invincible the following day and night, and cannot be lynched or night killed. In addition, anyone who had you as their vote at the end of the day will lose an ability. If you cause an anti-kingdom player to lose an ability, you will be notified and will be able to use this ability a second time.
Yes, this is another bulletproof ability, and yes, I still have Decoy at my disposal.

Anyway, after NP, Jade, Drac, TAE, and Rainy had me voted at the end of the day, I got this:
You have mined up 3 Super Gems! These are the items you can purchase:

Dash Pepper - 1 Super Gem

Coin Box - 2 Super Gems

You currently have 3 Super Gems.

RNG likes you
Oh, and you aren't granted a second use of Lucky Cat, so...

ROLE UPDATE:
---
You are Captain Toad and are aligned with the kingdom. You’re a top explorer with a knack for finding things, and your knack for finding Super Gems will likely be useful in the long run.

Passive Ability - Treasure Tracking: Every day you will go hunting for Super Gems. At the beginning of the night, you will find a random number of 1-3 Super Gems.

Passive Ability - Exchange: LOCKED

Passive Ability - Decoy: Seems that you’ve saved up enough Super Gems to buy yourself a Double Cherry. Quite the worthy upgrade. A double cherry spawns a second version of you. If you are attacked, your second version will take the hit, and you will survive. If you are picked to be lynched, your double will take the hit and there will be no lynch. This ability will lock after successfully used.

Active Ability - Purchase: You are able to use the Super Gems you find and exchange them for wondrous power ups! Super Gems are extremely valuable, so don’t take any of your options for granted. Every night you may PM me “Purchase [ITEM]”. You may buy as many items as you can afford. However, after you buy an item, you will be unable to buy it again.

Active Ability - Lucky Cat: LOCKED

---
Not getting another use of Lucky Cat clears everyone who voted me. So scratch TAE and Drac off your lists, if they were still on there.

I couldn't tell any of you what Lucky Cat did or else you would never have gone along with my plan (and a fair amount of you still didn't). And I certainly didn't intend for it to have this much of an impact on your roles. This is why I only wanted NP, mirdo, and Drac voting me, since mirdo and Drac were suspects and NP was vanilla and adding weight to my "lynch". The idea was to either clear quaking and give us a good idea that it was mirdo (although possibly Drac), or confirm quaking as the indie. Since mirdo didn't vote me, he is neither cleared nor confirmed the indie. Him and quaking are now the only possibilities for who it could be from my standpoint.

As for NP getting killed, does this mean that quaking got multiple shots? Does anyone have any ideas about it at all?

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Alright. This is definitly an intresting role you got there Blakers. I think it's kinda safe to believe you.

For me it's quite simple. Because Blakers didn't kill NP im just gonna assume that Quaking is a 2 Shot Vig. Or has a kill every X nights. Something like that. So that kinda screams indie to me.

Oh. And I blocked Blakers but i guess that didn't really do much.

So i think there is not much more to say for me. ##Vote:Quaking

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
As for NP getting killed, does this mean that quaking got multiple shots? Does anyone have any ideas about it at all?
Yes. I had two shots, but it doesn't matter anymore, considering NP is dead and my Win Condition as an indie has been fulfilled.
You are Harriet and are aligned with yourself. You’re a member of Broodal Bridal, an evil wedding planning company that can be hired to plan a wedding. However, looks like you’ll be representing the whole company on this one...

Active Ability - Matrimony Maker: Seeing as you’re a wedding planner, you may choose to wed two players one night. You may PM me ‘Matrimony: [PLAYER] with [PLAYER]’ one night. At the beginning of the following night, they will be wed, and will become lovers. If one of them dies, the other loses their abilities, breaking the couple (You cannot use this ability the same night as ‘Spike Bomb’).

Active Ability - Spike Bomb: You are able to launch spiked bombs at players. Twice during the game, you may PM me ‘Spike Bomb [PLAYER]’. You will place a spike bomb in front of a player, killing them at night. The night this Ability is used it will also stop the night kill, seeing as they would wish to steer clear of the bomb (You cannot use this ability the same night as ‘Matrimony Maker’).

Win Condition: Wed and break 2 couples.
And today, I get this...
You did the deed of killing NinjaPenguin, but, but you were trembling afterwards because your lover has died, and you’ve become helpless. So much so that you’ve lost your ability to do anything.

ROLE UPDATE:
---
You are Harriet and are aligned with yourself. You’re a member of Broodal Bridal, an evil wedding planning company that can be hired to plan a wedding. However, looks like you’ll be representing the whole company on this one...

---

SAFECLAIM:

---
You are Pauline and are aligned with the kingdom. One of Mario’s closest friends (and once love interest), you decided to join Mario and Peach and their other friends for a day of festivities. However, you’re also the mayor of New Donk City, and you’re always busy working on projects for the city.

---

You have fulfilled your win condition, and have won! However, you still get to taunt those of the kingdom for a little while longer...
Since we've both won at this point in time, and most of us are vanilla anyways, it would be in both of our best interests to lynch me today and win together.
##Vote: Quaking

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
I don't wanna say that i told you so.

But i did.

But granted this was pretty anticlimactic.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
AHA! I knew Quaking wasn't a Vigilante!

I even PM'ed my thoughts to Lorde 2 Nights ago, so Lorde can confirm :U

I just didn't have a good case :U

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
---GAME OVER---

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player(s) with the most votes is tagged, and is also banished.

@quakingpunch73 (4): mirdo (vote) | quakingpunch73 (vote) | Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) | TheAnticipationEevee (vote) |

The day had barely begun, and players were already talking about their suspicions. However, quakingpunch73 had claimed he was the indie, as well claiming he had met his win condition. Thus, he surrendered to the kingdom. The kingdom attempted to summon Kamek.

Mario: Hey Kamek! Come here, please!
Kamek: What do you want? I only just went back to sleep!
Luigi: We've picked someone to banish!
Kamek: Already? Who?

With that, the brothers pushed up quakingpunch73, the person who claimed to be the indie.

Kamek: Wow okay, let's see who they are...

Kamek: Awesome, it worked this time. Well guys, that was the last threat, you guys win. I'll report the news to lord Bowser immediately. Have a terrible life!

With that, Kamek flew away on his magic broom. The 6 remaining kingdom members had mixed emotions after the whole mess. Sure they survived, and everyone banished should be alive as well, but what about Donkey Kong? He died last night. They'd never see him again, and for that they were in tears.

Mario: Well guys, at least we came out of this almost unscathed. Let's rejoice in that, no?

With that, Yoshi was invited to return to the palace, and the 7 kingdom members still alive threw a party. They knew they'd be paying their respects to Donkey Kong later, but for now they were just glad they had survived the mess...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TOWN, AS WELL AS THE INDIE! To clarify, despite quaking being lynched, he did fulfill his win condition.

Here're all the townie role-flips! It's not exciting, since all but 2 of them are vanilla after all of this. These are their roles as they were at the end of Day 5, not how they were at the beginning.

You are Toadette and are aligned with the kingdom. Just like Toad, you’re very stubborn and perceptive, however you can be fairly childish at times. But your very active, attentive, and daring personality make you one of the best at sniffing out baddies, as well as hidden treasures.

You are Mario and are aligned with the kingdom. You are always the front and center star of the day. Stomping koopas, goombas, and beating Bowser’s butt is just on your daily schedule! You’re a courageous hero, known for fending off the bad guys.

You are Captain Toad and are aligned with the kingdom. You’re a top explorer with a knack for finding things, and your knack for finding Super Gems will likely be useful in the long run.

Passive Ability - Treasure Tracking: Every day you will go hunting for Super Gems. At the beginning of the night, you will find a random number of 1-3 Super Gems.

Passive Ability - Exchange: LOCKED

Passive Ability - Decoy: Seems that you’ve saved up enough Super Gems to buy yourself a Double Cherry. Quite the worthy upgrade. A double cherry spawns a second version of you. If you are attacked, your second version will take the hit, and you will survive. If you are picked to be lynched, your double will take the hit and there will be no lynch. This ability will lock after successfully used.

Active Ability - Purchase: You are able to use the Super Gems you find and exchange them for wondrous power ups! Super Gems are extremely valuable, so don’t take any of your options for granted. Every night you may PM me “Purchase [ITEM]”. You may buy as many items as you can afford. However, after you buy an item, you will be unable to buy it again.

Active Ability - Lucky Cat: LOCKED

You are Rosalina and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a princess who dwells on a comet observatory with star-like beings, living peacefully. While your life may be peaceful, and you don’t want to hurt anyone, your abilities are spectacular, and can do much harm. You wish to protect Mario, Peach, and their friends from any threat that could harm them.

You are Peach and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a kind princess, but you’re often kidnapped, and spend more of your time in dungeons than in castles. However at the moment you are the one holding the kingdom together.

You are Luigi and are aligned with the kingdom. You are always outshone by your more well-known, and more out there twin brother. You are more quiet, reserved, and more in the background. But time and time again, you’ve proven yourself worthy and a hero.

Active Ability - Poltergeist 5000: You’ve brought your very own Poltergeist 5000, which you used to suck up ghosts inhabiting your mansion. You can now use it in a most unique way. Every night you may PM me ‘Poltergeist [PLAYER]’. You’ll put the vacuum in reverse mode blowing tons of air at them, causing them to run scared, blocking their actions that night.

Congrats to all of you! I'll have a postgame up soon that'll show your roles with everything on it possible, as well as some pros and cons from your gameplay. I'll also be discussing hosting errors, things I wish I could have changed, the setup, etc. Everyone can talk in the thread now.

I'm doing what's below mainly because in this game had such an especially wide array of play styles and activity levels. These people deserve to be rewarded:

Game MVP - @quakingpunch73

I weighed this one very carefully between NP and quaking. It was hard to dismiss NP from this, but quaking had played such a flawless game. He knew everything and more about his role, he mimicked his town meta perfectly, his night actions were crafted well, and then he presented himself in such a fashion that only other’s night actions had a chance of bringing him down. Such as Blakers' Lucky Cat and TAE's Galactic Foretelling.

Town Leader - @NinjaPenguin

You deserve to be rewarded for your excellent town play. Baiting the kill N2 was the smartest thing you could’ve done. Of course, quaking already stopped the kill because of the way his ability worked, but how were you supposed to know that? You pushed people for information, and pushed for as much activity as you could get out of the town.

Evil Mastermind - @Celever

I believe Celever played the best game of the three scum. He played quite normally to how he usually does, and imitated his meta well. Sure he was a suspect, but no one was actually moving in on him to have him lynched. Had he survived N2 he probably would have made it a lot farther, and probably would have been the last living scum.

People’s Choice MVP - ?

Anyone you think played an excellent game that wasn't listed up here?

There was no mason chat this time around got sick of it so these are the only QTs:

- The Hidden Room (The Koopa Army chat)
- Graveyard (Dead chat)

Thanks so much for playing guys! Hosting was difficult, and time consuming. If in the future you wish to host this game, make sure you have the time.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Good game guys!Hosting by Lorde was great! On my role, I'm glad I got to play as an indie. While stressful at times, it was easier to apply my town meta to than scum, as I had no idea on who was what. I feel that this game was very unbalanced and favored the town way too much, as they had 2 seers, a few bulletproofs, a few roleblockers, a doctor, and some other stuff that heavily favored them. I actually don't think scum managed to successfully pull of a single kill all game...

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I feel that this game was very unbalanced and favored the town way too much, as they had 2 seers, a few bulletproofs, a few roleblockers, a doctor, and some other stuff that heavily favored them. I actually don't think scum managed to successfully pull of a single kill all game...
This is something I wish I had changed, a few roles needed to be nerfed. Rosalina, and Captain Toad especially. Balancing was something I began to notice after N1 ended, and how badly I screwed up with that. I'm going to be telling what I wish I'd done with each role individually soon (because there's a lot). It must have happened while downsizing from 14 to 12 roles, because balancing seemed a lot better then. I'll go into more detail with this with the postgame, but yes, there's a lot I wish I could have changed.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
A joint win? That's nice to see for once. Congrats to Quaking for his great play! I'm not quite sure how we pulled it off in less than 500 posts, but good job to us for doing it.

The setup was fun, but there was unfortunately a lot of FtC potential in it. Not only is there two doctors (me and Nebby), Quaking works to protect every player in a night besides the one he tries to kill. That's really insane. In addition, Rainy can, starting on N2, get a seer result every day. That's really potent.

Any form of vig (including Quaking) needs to stop being used in such a small game, but I can forgive it because of the kill protection.

I rarely feel like I play well, but I certainly feel like I did this game. I pulled off two successful protections (including one pretty good kill bait) and tried my hardest to eliminate players from being potential scum, to give us a great big cleared town.

I'm frustrated with the level of play of some of my teammates. Players were inactive and not even making well-informed posts when they posted. This is especially bad in the case of confirmed townies, since they have no reason to not post. I want to point out again that there is no excuse for being inactive. As a townie, your duty is to find scum, not to avoid lynches. So when you become active to avoid lynched, it's actually scummy. Posting gives more interactions and allows everyone to find more scum. It's that simple. If you are a townie, posting more will allow your townieness to shine through, not cause you to get lynched.

I was certainly on to Quaking the second I was killed, and was still suspicious of him before that. Because I thought his role might be what it actually was, I was going to say something like "if I die tonight, lynch Quaking", but I forgot to. I was also highly considering him for a lynch until he revealed he killed Cel.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
I was certainly on to Quaking the second I was killed, and was still suspicious of him before that. Because I thought his role might be what it actually was, I was going to say something like "if I die tonight, lynch Quaking", but I forgot to. I was also highly considering him for a lynch until he revealed he killed Cel.
Well, that's why I claimed it. :U
I also married myself to you for the same reason. We were both essentially "clear" and to think I targeted myself as the indie would just be WIFOMy.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Well, that's why I claimed it. :U
I also married myself to you for the same reason. We were both essentially "clear" and to think I targeted myself as the indie would just be WIFOMy.

Thats why I suggested that you would marry yourself so people might look over it, but apparently nobody bought it D:

Oh well, doesn't matter since both indie and town win ^w^

Its unfortunate to see that so many people had a lack of activity though :C

Status
Not open for further replies.