Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very educated post right there from Jade.
I was thinking about the Nebby lynch, and remembered that as a Discord Mafia player, not Forum, he wouldn't know much about OMGUS, since a vote in Discord Mafia is a legit vote to lynch (you can't RVS, because hammers are too easy). Nebby would have taken that as a legit threat because he doesn't know about RVS, and as such, that point doesn't apply to him.
Rainy has been inactive for longer, and hasn't feigned contribution either (and question dodged, which is now more than we have on Nebby). He's had plenty of time to get better, so we shouldn't expect him to at this point. Still deciding between him and scattered, but to me, Rainy is a far superior option to Nebby.

This was requested so...

Day 1: Votecount #3

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player(s) with the most votes is tagged.
- The majority to banish is 7.

Blakers (1): Nebby Baggington (vote) |
Celever (1): GM DracLord (vote) |
A Dragon of Destiny [Little Cherrim] (1): Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) | rainyman123 (vote) |

@Nebby Baggington (4): Blakers (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) | scattered mind (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny (vote) | Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) |
quakingpunch73 (0): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) |

rainyman123 (1): scattered mind (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |
scattered mind (1): NinjaPenguin (vote) | Celever (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny (vote) |

TheFlyingPidove [TheSceptileMaster] (1): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny [Little Cherrim] (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |

Feel free to bring any errors to my attention.

Last edited:
I'm a townie, so I won't lynch myself. 11 remaining players with three scum (typical number, any more or any less is unbalanced at this size) yields a 27% chance of lynching scum. The OP seems to confirm an indie, which I'm counting as a 50-50 good lynch (since it could be pro-town or anti-town), or 4% good lynch. Combine 27 and 4 and it's about thirty.

I'd prefer Rainy, but I was considering this idea too. Nebby is new, though, and should be given some time to become more active/improve.

Very educated post right there from Jade.
I was thinking about the Nebby lynch, and remembered that as a Discord Mafia player, not Forum, he wouldn't know much about OMGUS, since a vote in Discord Mafia is a legit vote to lynch (you can't RVS, because hammers are too easy). Nebby would have taken that as a legit threat because he doesn't know about RVS, and as such, that point doesn't apply to him.
Rainy has been inactive for longer, and hasn't feigned contribution either (and question dodged, which is now more than we have on Nebby). He's had plenty of time to get better, so we shouldn't expect him to at this point. Still deciding between him and scattered, but to me, Rainy is a far superior option to Nebby.

I know that Nebby is new, as yes it sucks to get lynched the first day during your first mafia game, but rainy is gonna get subbed out at this rate, and Nebby isn't showing signs of trying to improve because people have asked them numerous questions and all nebby does is dodge or deflect the questions. We have already stated that it would be helpful to add to the discussion, but nebby insists on the fact that they have nothing to add, so that is not helpful to town, even if nebby is townie D:

I'm townreading Nebby. Hopefully I can throw together a case as to why.

Where is this case, I am intrigued to see :/

I think my vote would have to go on Nebby as of the current time I am posting it, but I am not going to put my vote there since I don't want a fast hammer, because I really want to see Cel's case ...

Okay, I'm pretty much caught up with the game now. Sadly I have to switch over to my phone and I don't like using PB on my phone. So uh, my thoughts are coming later.
What happened to this? I'd like to see your thoughts before the day is over.

@Nebby Baggington You seem to be online right now. You also seem to be our biggest lynch candidate as Rainy will probably be subbed out. Do you have anything to say?

Come on people. We have 10 hours left. We need to decide on something.

Welp, nobody posted soooooo gonna go with my gut here, (I assume rainy will be subbed any day now....)

##UNVOTE: TSM/TFP
##VOTE: Nebby Baggington

Oh whoops, sorry about that. For some reason I've been either really busy or I couldn't use a PC. But I should be back tomorrow. Sorry. D:

Early FoS on everyone pushing the Nebby lynch over Rainy. If it works out, it's just pure luck. Nebby plays the exact same on Discord and hasn't exhibited any real scumtells (the OMGUS point doesn't work).
I'm going to:
##UNVOTE: rainyman123
##VOTE: scattered mind

Only because it is slightly more achievable.
If Nebby flips town, look into everyone on the wagon. That's (in order of importance) scattered (we already know why; he's been trying too hard to be a townie), TAE (has pushed this scummy lynch shift), Blakers (still stuck on his RVS vote, and hasn't recently reinforced why iirc. If he's scum, that's probably to avoid the blame coming with the wagon), A Dragon of Destiny (something rubs me the wrong way about them), and Jade (since they're on the wagon). Still look into rainy.

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player(s) with the most votes is tagged. That same player is banished.
- The majority to banish is 7.

Blakers (1): Nebby Baggington (vote) |
Celever (1): GM DracLord (vote) |
A Dragon of Destiny [Little Cherrim] (0): Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) | rainyman123 (vote) |

@Nebby Baggington (5): Blakers (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) | scattered mind (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny (vote) | Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) | TheAnticipationEevee (vote) |
quakingpunch73 (0): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) |

rainyman123 (0): scattered mind (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |

scattered mind (2): NinjaPenguin (vote) | Celever (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |
TheFlyingPidove [TheSceptileMaster] (0): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny [Little Cherrim] (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |

The day was quickly coming to a close, and many players kept to themselves. Others tried to start a rise in activity. However, certain players' refusal to post left the kingdom with little to discuss.

"Who've you chosen to banish today, weaklings?" Bowser roared.

The kingdom, in response, shoved one player up to the front. His name was Nebby Bagginton.

"WELL THEN! Let's reveal who they are before we send them on their merry way..." Bowser bellowed. "I'm sure it'll be quite amusing..."

You are Yoshi and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a very cheery being, and will help anyone you see as good. Your extraordinary talents, however odd they are, are very valuable.

Active Ability - Egg Lay: Every night you may PM me a player name. That player will be protected from the night kill. However, if this ability is used to protect a member of the koopa army, you will die. You may use this ability on yourself once.

Active Ability - Gluttony: There are three different fruits you like to eat, those are the Dash Pepper, the Blimp Fruit, and the Bulb Berry. Every night, you may PM me “Dash Pepper”, “Blimp Fruit”, or “Bulb Berry” and you will eat this fruit. You will learn the effects of each berry as you eat them.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the kingdom.

"It would seem that this first day was a failure for you all... Oh well, you can redeem yourselves from that, but you'll soon learn the reality of the game you're playing. Good night..." Bowser's voice trailed off into a whisper.

- Night 1 has begun, and will end Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 9AM EDT, which is about 48 hours from now.
- There is to be no talking during the night phase in this thread.
- You must submit your night actions on your own, I will not submit them or randomize them for you.

Day 1's activity was beyond disappointing. I know some of you tried as much as possible, however it was obvious some of you made no effort. Now, I'm setting an official posting minimum. From now on, you'll need to accomplish at least one of these during an in-game day:

- 7 short posts, about the size of this post.
- 5 medium sized posts, about the size of this post.
- 3 long posts, about the size of this post.

Pickup Activity:
- @rainyman123
- @GM DracLord
- @TheFlyingPidove

I sincerely hope you three pick it up. We already subbed in two players today and I don't wanna sub any of you out during Day 2.

The night wasn't silent, murmuring could be heard from that same unknown location no one could quite locate. Early in the morning, Mario, Toadette, and Pauline rose first and began discussing what they heard last night.

Mario: Alright, let's try and find those bad guys!
Pauline: Not so sure it'll be as simple as that...
Mario: What do you mean?
Pauline: It's possible that Bowser is having his goons pick us off in the night.
Mario: I guess, but it doesn't look like there were any casualties last night...
Pauline: It's always possible they, whoever they were, stopped them in their tracks.

As Mario and Pauline were talking, Toadette noticed something on the ground.

Toadette: Hey, what's this?
Mario: What is it?
Toadette: It looks like a note!
Pauline: Well, let's read it.

Written in pretty handwriting in pink ink, Toadette read the note aloud.

It’s odd that a new Beach player (Forum) got lynch early. We could have learned more about his play style if we let him live. Day 1 post shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

Mario: So it would seem someone's writing notes to us at night. Why?
Toadette: You tell me.
Pauline: It could be a pa-

Bowser: Attention weaklings! The night has ended, and it's time to figure out who you're going to lynch today. Good luck...

-
Day 2 has begun, and will end Tuesday August 15th, 2017 at 9AM EDT, which is slightly under 120 hours from now.
- There are currently 11 players alive, meaning the majority to banish is 6.

Masstag: @rainyman123, @Celever, @scattered mind, @Jadethepokemontrainer, @NinjaPenguin, @Blakers, @quakingpunch73, @TheAnticipationEevee, @GM DracLord, @A Dragon of Destiny, @TheFlyingPidove

Last edited:
The flavour vaguely confirm the NK was stopped but the way it is written could also meant that NK might have not been sent at all.. That is how I read it.

The flavour vaguely confirm the NK was stopped but the way it is written could also meant that NK might have not been sent at all.. That is how I read it.
I would think it was at least sent. I'm guessing three people had two whole days to discuss and submit, it's more likely to me that it was stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back