Art Gallery Light's Designs - Cards, Drawings, and Fakemon

I'll critique the wording when I have time myself. I'm wondering if you're not uploading the correct link with your other host. You might like to try fiddlign around with it (maybe opening the image in a new tab so there is nothing around it idk).

I'll critique the wording when I have time myself. I'm wondering if you're not uploading the correct link with your other host. You might like to try fiddlign around with it (maybe opening the image in a new tab so there is nothing around it idk).

That's what I do; I know my way around google docs, and it allows me to just update files instead of having to reupload them, so I would prefer using that, but for some reason, the images only appear when you already have them on the cache.

You should use photobucket if imgur is giving you so much trouble.

Powerful Ability, all Chimecho should have something as strong as that :p You artwork is gorgeous as usual!

You should use photobucket if imgur is giving you so much trouble.

Powerful Ability, all Chimecho should have something as strong as that :p You artwork is gorgeous as usual!

Can you update images instead of reupload them? imgur is easy, my problem is mainly that if I want to change or retouch something (say, if BBninjas has some corrections for the cards, or when I decide the set numbers), I have to upload again and change post-by-post.

And thanks! I like a lot how it came out, this is a style I will definitely use more often.

Sorry, forgot to reply. Actually, if you delete the old image from your library and reupload the edited one with the same name, it will keep the same URL.
Expecting to see more of your stuff. Maybe a card using one of your fakemon?

Sorry, forgot to reply. Actually, if you delete the old image from your library and reupload the edited one with the same name, it will keep the same URL.
Expecting to see more of your stuff. Maybe a card using one of your fakemon?

I will try that, then. Photobucket, you say?
Oh, I tried that glass sphere you gave me, but I didn't like the result too much; the highlight was okay, but the texture didn't fit the general, more flat aesthetics, I think; I will definitely keep it in mind if I ever decide to make a different set of blanks, though (though, they're so much work).

I wanted to organize this thread more (I don't know if I should just spoiler all the cards on the OP or just link to them as I do) before posting more cards, but I think it's fine as it is, right? Let's see if this works.

venonat_zpswlr3luqf.png

venomoth_zpsw5uvmb58.png

As for the fakemon, I would love to do cards with them, and I most certainly will; I just want to, at least, end all the illustrations for the cards I have designed already before starting that.

Finishing the rest of the fakemon would be good, as well.

Last edited:
Here's these wording corrections I promised :> Note that I haven't bothered accenting the Pokemon like I'm supposed to cause I'm lazy. Also spoiled cause big.

Scatterbug:
- 'this Pokemon' should be used instead of 'Scatterbug'. Error x2.
- 'Heads' effects are written before the 'Tails' effects.
- It should be 'during your opponent's next turn' instead of 'in your opponent's next turn'. Error x2
- 'defending Pokemon' should be captilised as 'Defending Pokemon'
- 'instead' should be after 'the defending Pokemon'

Spewpa:
- The first part of Dust Cloud should read: 'Discard an Energy Card attached to this Pokemon. If you do, switch this Pokemon...'
- 'one' should be '1'
- You do not need that last clause if you write it like above.
- It should be 'during your opponent's next turn' instead of 'in your opponent's next turn'.
- Second attack needs clarification on when damage is halved - after or before Weakness and Resistance? Should read something like '(after applying Weakness and Resistance)'.
- Second attack needs clarification of how the damage is halved. Is it rounded up or down? Should read something like '(rounded up to the nearest 10)'.
- Dust Barrier should read: 'If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.'

Vivillon:
- Powder should read: 'During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokemon is damaged by a [R] Pokemon's attack..."
- 'all' should be 'each of'
- 'Both' should be 'both'.
- Make Friends should read: 'Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck...'
- 'Scatterbug, Spewpa or Vivillion' should read 'for a Pokemon with Scatterbug, Spewpa or Vivillon in its name'.
- There should be a "Shuffle your deck afterward." clause after the 'into your hand.'

Amaura:
- 'one' should be '1'.
- 'confused' should be captilised as 'Confused'.

Aurorus:
- Queen's Aurora should read: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may flip a coin."
- There is no need for the 'you can' after the 'if heads'.
- Should read: 'for a Pokemon with Amaura in its name'.
- There should be a "Shuffle your deck afterward." clause after the 'onto your bench.'
- You don't need either of the clauses in brackets that you have there. Especially the former, which is now a hidden rule that never finds itself onto a card.
- Freeze Blast should be structured: 'If the defending Pokemon is [W] type, this attack does 40 more damage.'
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. '[W] Energy Card' should be simply '[W] Energy'.
- 'defending Pokemon' should be 'Defending Pokemon'. Error x2

Chimecho:
- The last clause of Welcome Chime should read: "You can't use more than 1 Welcome Chime Ability each turn."
- 'one' should be '1'
- 'to your bench' should be 'onto your bench'
- "Welcome Chime" should read "When each player plays a Basic Pokemon from his or her hand onto his or her bench, draw a card." This means you can get rid of that middle clause.
- I'm getting the implication that drawing a card should be optional. If so, 'you may' should be before 'draw a card'.
- It is 'your opponent's Active Pokemon' not 'the opponent's active Pokemon'
- Chimecho should simply be Chimecho. Like you have. This is different to the others because Chimecho is in play, the other's are not.
- I /think/ 'if any of those coins are heads' should read 'If you flip heads'.

Porygon (must say amazing art :O):
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. 'Energy Card' should be simply 'Energy'. However, the Energy Card from your deck should be 'Energy card'.
- 'one' should be '1'.
- 'If you do so' should simply be 'If you do'
- You don't need that ', show it to your opponent' section.
- It is '10 damage times the number of heads'.

Porygon2:
- 'Card' should be 'card'. Error x3
- There should be a 'Then,' right before 'Shuffle'.
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. 'Energy Card' should be simply 'Energy'.
- 'opponent's active Pokemon' should be 'opponent's Active Pokemon'.

Porygon-Z:
- There should be a 'Shuffle your deck afterwards.' clause after 'hand.'
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. 'Energy Card' should be simply 'Energy'. Error x2
- There should not be a 'so' after 'if you do'. Actually, there is no need for 'If you do so' anyway.
- 'One' should be '1'. Error x2
- There should be a '(This doesn't count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.)' after both 'all cards attached to it.' Error x2.
- There should be a 'Then,' before 'Your opponent'.
- Format should say: "...your opponent discards 1 of his or her Pokemon and all cards attached to it."
- You don't need the '(you must discard...)' clause because the discarding is not optional in the first place.

Here's these wording corrections I promised :> Note that I haven't bothered accenting the Pokemon like I'm supposed to cause I'm lazy. Also spoiled cause big.

Scatterbug:
- 'this Pokemon' should be used instead of 'Scatterbug'. Error x2.
- 'Heads' effects are written before the 'Tails' effects.
- It should be 'during your opponent's next turn' instead of 'in your opponent's next turn'. Error x2
- 'defending Pokemon' should be captilised as 'Defending Pokemon'
- 'instead' should be after 'the defending Pokemon'

Spewpa:
- The first part of Dust Cloud should read: 'Discard an Energy Card attached to this Pokemon. If you do, switch this Pokemon...'
- 'one' should be '1'
- You do not need that last clause if you write it like above.
- It should be 'during your opponent's next turn' instead of 'in your opponent's next turn'.
- Second attack needs clarification on when damage is halved - after or before Weakness and Resistance? Should read something like '(after applying Weakness and Resistance)'.
- Second attack needs clarification of how the damage is halved. Is it rounded up or down? Should read something like '(rounded up to the nearest 10)'.
- Dust Barrier should read: 'If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.'

Vivillon:
- Powder should read: 'During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokemon is damaged by a [R] Pokemon's attack..."
- 'all' should be 'each of'
- 'Both' should be 'both'.
- Make Friends should read: 'Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck...'
- 'Scatterbug, Spewpa or Vivillion' should read 'for a Pokemon with Scatterbug, Spewpa or Vivillon in its name'.
- There should be a "Shuffle your deck afterward." clause after the 'into your hand.'

Amaura:
- 'one' should be '1'.
- 'confused' should be captilised as 'Confused'.

Aurorus:
- Queen's Aurora should read: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may flip a coin."
- There is no need for the 'you can' after the 'if heads'.
- Should read: 'for a Pokemon with Amaura in its name'.
- There should be a "Shuffle your deck afterward." clause after the 'onto your bench.'
- You don't need either of the clauses in brackets that you have there. Especially the former, which is now a hidden rule that never finds itself onto a card.
- Freeze Blast should be structured: 'If the defending Pokemon is [W] type, this attack does 40 more damage.'
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. '[W] Energy Card' should be simply '[W] Energy'.
- 'defending Pokemon' should be 'Defending Pokemon'. Error x2

Chimecho:
- The last clause of Welcome Chime should read: "You can't use more than 1 Welcome Chime Ability each turn."
- 'one' should be '1'
- 'to your bench' should be 'onto your bench'
- "Welcome Chime" should read "When each player plays a Basic Pokemon from his or her hand onto his or her bench, draw a card." This means you can get rid of that middle clause.
- I'm getting the implication that drawing a card should be optional. If so, 'you may' should be before 'draw a card'.
- It is 'your opponent's Active Pokemon' not 'the opponent's active Pokemon'
- Chimecho should simply be Chimecho. Like you have. This is different to the others because Chimecho is in play, the other's are not.
- I /think/ 'if any of those coins are heads' should read 'If you flip heads'.

Porygon (must say amazing art :O):
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. 'Energy Card' should be simply 'Energy'. However, the Energy Card from your deck should be 'Energy card'.
- 'one' should be '1'.
- 'If you do so' should simply be 'If you do'
- You don't need that ', show it to your opponent' section.
- It is '10 damage times the number of heads'.

Porygon2:
- There should be a 'Then,' right before 'Shuffle'.
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. 'Energy Card' should be simply 'Energy'.
- 'opponent's active Pokemon' should be 'opponent's Active Pokemon'.

Porygon-Z:
- There should be a 'Shuffle your deck afterwards.' clause after 'hand.'
- While an Energy card is attached to a Pokemon, it is simply an Energy. i.e. 'Energy Card' should be simply 'Energy'. Error x2
- There should not be a 'so' after 'if you do'. Actually, there is no need for 'If you do so' anyway.
- 'One' should be '1'. Error x2
- There should be a '(This doesn't count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.)' after both 'all cards attached to it.' Error x2.
- There should be a 'Then,' before 'Your opponent'.
- Format should say: "...your opponent discards 1 of his or her Pokemon and all cards attached to it."
- You don't need the '(you must discard...)' clause because the discarding is not optional in the first place.

Thanks! I already fixed everything; I won't update it, though, because I'm trying to do something else before, but rest assured I will eventually.

Now, I only have to pore through all the already designed cards to fix this, as well.

Really digging that Basic Pory art. This is one of my favorite lines to fake, as there's an infinity of things you can do by using PC-related attacks/abilities. The Porygon-Z spoilers are a brilliant example of that!

Really digging that Basic Pory art. This is one of my favorite lines to fake, as there's an infinity of things you can do by using PC-related attacks/abilities. The Porygon-Z spoilers are a brilliant example of that!

Thanks! It was one of the very first serious renders I ever did, I must have been 11 or 12 at the time. Now I look back on it and it is... quite primitive. But it has a certain je nes se quoi that I like.

And I have new cards; these were waiting for misdreavus's illustration for quite some time.

Misdreavus_zpshttalxew.png
Mismagius_zps4nnny4fe.png
Mismagius%20EX_zpsri7fdkha.png

It's a good thing the images have such sharp and defined lines, because they're just too large.

Last edited:
Misdreavus
- It is 'Once during your turn' not 'Once each turn'.
- 'one' should be '1'.
- It is '[P] type'. '[P]' could be anything.
- There shouldn't be a '10 damage plus' but instead a 'more' after '20'.
- The 'Weakness to a Pokemon' should be 'Weakness to another Pokemon'.
- Shouldn't the Weakness of Misdreavus be [D]?

Mismagius
- See Amoonguss PLS for correct attack wording.
- 'Heads' effect before 'Tails'.
- It should be 'If heads, flip another coin' for the second flip.
- 'one' should be '1'
- The last part should say 'this attack does 50 damage to 1 of each player's Benched Pokemon...'

Mismagius-EX
- First part should read 'Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon with 70 HP or more.'
- 'Heads' effect before 'tails'.
- 'amount' should be 'number'

Anyways, I think that'll be all the wording feedback I will give for a while. You should have enough information to keep you going with this and the other wording corrections. ^_^

Frozen isn't a special condition, Unless I've missed something.

There isn't? That's a travesty, I say.

But maybe I should just Let It Go.

Misdreavus
- It is 'Once during your turn' not 'Once each turn'.
- 'one' should be '1'.
- It is '[P] type'. '[P]' could be anything.
- There shouldn't be a '10 damage plus' but instead a 'more' after '20'.
- The 'Weakness to a Pokemon' should be 'Weakness to another Pokemon'.
- Shouldn't the Weakness of Misdreavus be [D]?

Mismagius
- See Amoonguss PLS for correct attack wording.
- 'Heads' effect before 'Tails'.
- It should be 'If heads, flip another coin' for the second flip.
- 'one' should be '1'
- The last part should say 'this attack does 50 damage to 1 of each player's Benched Pokemon...'

Mismagius-EX
- First part should read 'Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon with 70 HP or more.'
- 'Heads' effect before 'tails'.
- 'amount' should be 'number'

Anyways, I think that'll be all the wording feedback I will give for a while. You should have enough information to keep you going with this and the other wording corrections. ^_^

Thanks! those were old copies, I think, except misdreavus, which is recently corrected (and... seemingly not very well). But I will make the changes.

Last edited:
I've been working on this, and I think I now have a direction for the set, and a fabulous new theme; plus, trainers!

lava%20cookie_zpsgxququsg.png

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome, as always; I think I have a mostly complete setlist, but I could always consider adding new things, since there's still a lot to do.

Last edited:
:O She doesn't have the accent on 'Pokemon'! Oh no!

I am quite excited for this set if you've now got a theme! Do you have a name or is that coming later?

Back