Art Gallery Light's Designs - Cards, Drawings, and Fakemon

RE: Light's Design Studio - Fossils

professorlight said:
Mega Meloetta

pub
I think what I like the most about this one is the whole sixties vibe it has; the high blonde hairdo, the gloves, the skirt, the colorful beads... aboslutely smashing.

Great to see a Mega evolution for an unpopular Pokémon! Love it - simple but beautiful! :D Love your Fakémon too.

RE: Light's Designs - An update with a nasty streak

Mystone, Mehnring and Trilysthic

pub
I'm finally releasing these, they were the last line I completed; I have quite a few already finished in concept and data, and I only have to draw them and finish the last touches, but it will probably be some time until I get the time and energy to actually do it, so enjoy these, more won't be coming for a while, most likely.

I'm quite fond of mehnring; I'm not so fond of trilysthic, but it made sense for only it to get all the good moves. Plus, I gave some love to poor telekinesis and ally switch with this line, no one has those moves.
All in all, I like them.

Last edited:
Well, after... quite some time, I decided to revive this to include my image fake cards, which were certainly the plan all along, but only now I have enough to more or less add here and not run out immediately; I have a lot done, but the same problem I have with the pokemon; not enough time and energy to illustrate them.

But I manage to do some, every once in a while. The first post in the thread is updated with the cards.

tvUuUU6.jpg

XqdJuGS.jpg

wDrd3hH.jpg

I'll post more in the coming days, and as I finish them; I don't want to just dump everything here and leave it again; I'd like to finish both projects sometime.

Oh, and feedback is most welcome, the attacks may seem a bit wonky in today's format, but at this point, I don't even know what that is anymore.

Last edited:
The cards you just uploaded. Weird, I can't see them neither in my desktop nor on my phone.

Odd. I can't see them in my incognito windows either.

I think I fixed it now; it shows in incognito, at least. If this doesn't work, I'll just upload them to imgur.

Last edited:
omg, love the artwork! Especially the Spewpa one. Really digging your blanks.
Do you use Photoshop? If you resized the following orb, you could put it over your symbols with an overlay blending mode for a glassy feel:

blank_type_orb__large__by_karite_kita_neko-d6a8owl.png

Just be sure to remove the orb's color by going Ctrl+U and checking the colorize box.

Thanks! Spewpa's is my favourite of the three as well.

I'll give the glass orbs a try, if I like it, I'll have to change all the older cards, but, it shouldn't be so much work... I think.

I still can't see any of the images in your most recent post. They're all 0x0 broken images. >_>

Everything is working for me now, too; very nice! :D I especially love the multiple patterns of Vivillon hanging out together.

Yes they work now.

That Vivillon artwork is gorgeous!

Everything is working for me now, too; very nice! :D I especially love the multiple patterns of Vivillon hanging out together.

Thank you!

And I was going to wait a little to post these two, but I like them so much I don't care.

cmqb4p4.jpg

N1kypip.jpg

Oh, almost forgot: I'd love some suggestions for more pokemon to make cards for; I have a few done already, and I don't lack favorites to use, but even from that list, I can't seem to find many that I would like to do, so I will take suggestions.

Last edited:
<3 More Light image fakes <3

Beautiful!! I've always loved calm look of the blanks you used... so I think maybe choosing a calm/serene type of Pokemon would be nice. How about Chimecho?

Also, if you're okay with me picking up everything little thing about your wording for past, present and future, just message/respond. No need to go into critique mode for no reason...

<3 More Light image fakes <3

Beautiful!! I've always loved calm look of the blanks you used... so I think maybe choosing a calm/serene type of Pokemon would be nice. How about Chimecho?

Also, if you're okay with me picking up everything little thing about your wording for past, present and future, just message/respond. No need to go into critique mode for no reason...

Thanks! I always liked chimecho. Completely useless, and impossible to catch as if that wasn't enough. But so cute. I'll see if I do something.

No, please, just, post it in here and I'll change it whenever I can; the part that bothers me more is how things seem to change for little to no reason; now, for example, there is "from this pokemon" and "from [POKEMON NAME]", and whenever something is corrected, I need to go back through everything, finished and unfinished, to change it. It just doesn't seem worth it sometimes.
Not to mention that since I had to upload everything to imgur, I can't just manage everything as I do with the fakemon.

<3 Pichu <3

Ehhh, I know you like them, dear, but... how do I put this tactfully... The pikachu line is terrible. At this point, they don't really need more attention. Pichu is cute, but in almost all cases, doing a pokemon would come with its line, so, doing pichu would mean I need to do and draw both pikachu and raichu.

And then pikachu EX, and pikachu*, and red's pikachu, and... etcetera.
It's the same reason I've been wary of starters for this; I like a lot of them, but each one is just not one, but three cards, maybe more, and a mega, if there are any.

So I liked the chimecho idea, and it turns out it was very easy.

OsM63fj.jpg

So, as always, criticism is welcome, and I can take suggestions, too.

Last edited:
Back