Important Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheDarkLucario said:
Look, if the only reason you come here is to play forum games, then I seriously think you need to learn what a forum is. It's not a place to play text-based games or pretend you're something that you're not. If you want that, start spending time with your family and play monopoly or something, or buy a copy of Mass Effect 2 or Fallout (3 or New Vegas, both are good).

Honestly, I would love to invest time in both TCG and VG the problem is, there are a lot of noobs even in those forums. It's either those or people who whine about the current TCG format. As for the VG....

Riskbreakers said:
Honestly, I would love to invest time in both TCG and VG the problem is, there are a lot of noobs even in those forums. It's either those or people who whine about the current TCG format. As for the VG....
And the point of all of this is to make the forum more competitive. What's the problem with "noobs" on the forums if we can teach them?

TheDarkLucario said:
Look, if the only reason you come here is to play forum games, then I seriously think you need to learn what a forum is. It's not a place to play text-based games or pretend you're something that you're not. If you want that, start spending time with your family and play monopoly or something, or buy a copy of Mass Effect 2 or Fallout (3 or New Vegas, both are good).

Thats actually funny since You played RPG's ALL the time back in the day in fact you made a few RPG's. And me and you used to spare all the time on Shoddy Battle, If you want to make something look bad better make sure you are not part of it first. Im not wanting to put down anyone who just doesn't like RPG's. I am just defending that what we do is for FUN. It is somthing that we enjoy and (just like if somone insulted pokemon) Im going to defend it.

So no games? But keep the RPGs??
Last time i checked RPG=game.
Might as well delete them too, while you're at it. Or you gonna delete the games, but keep the thread that the mods created/liked? Bogus as heck. The games keep you some what entertained while there is no news and etc. With no time killing activities between news, that leaves more time to search for new or different Pokemon websites and get addicted to them. And basing your opinion that it should be deleted because this is a Pokemon websites is utterly unfair. As posted earlier, why not delete the Off-Topic forum, Entertainment & Games and community works. Just because the forums are for TCG and etc, doesn't mean every follower is. Having variety brings in a bigger crowd of pokemon fans, which equals more popularity and activity. Who cares if some of the posts are spammy, if it works, don't change it. And with every forum, there is going to be people who break the rules, no matter what you change or do. Isn't that why we have mods in the first place? To get rid of them? To help keep the forums clean and fun? So basically this is a way for the mods to get out of doing their jobs I'm taking it? You are a mod for a reason. Now, lets see whose gonna hate on my opinion now???

Not all games were started by mods that are going to stay. This isn't the spam corner. It should be free of spam. Much of what the Games And More brings is Spam. It could even be called Spam Corner.

ramsey1993 said:
So basically this is a way for the mods to get out of doing their jobs I'm taking it? You are a mod for a reason. Now, lets see whose gonna hate on my opinion now???

We're doing this so we can focus on actually doing our jobs. Wherever you got the idea that we're doing this to get out of working is beyond me.

ramsey1993 said:
Isn't that why there are mods for the game corner? To deal with that??

Having mods for the game corner takes away from them helping the TCG and other programs. This delays the things we are working on.

dragonexpert said:
Not all games were started by mods that are going to stay. This isn't the spam corner. It should be free of spam. Much of what the Games And More brings is Spam. It could even be called Spam Corner.

The only games that are spam are the ones that you create and participate in knwing that they are spam. RPG'ers actually put thought into our post. We don't just post.

Banned because I can bann.

Im not saying games like that are totally bad. I just don't think we need to be judged and made fun of because of what we like to do.

Made some Edits.

Also I don't think the mods are doing this to "get out of there jobs" They work hard. I just want to renforce that RPG's are NOT stupid.

Then get mods that can dedicate most of their time to the site or something. Plus, there should be enough mods, if not, you're telling me you can't find 1 or 2 more to help out? I can literally think of a member who would be able to help out with the TCG and etc stuff problems so well. DNA would make a great mod for that. Instead of deleting something popular at the Beach.

ramsey1993 said:
Then get mods that can dedicate most of their time to the site or something. Plus, there should be enough mods, if not, you're telling me you can't find 1 or 2 more to help out? I can literally think of a member who would be able to help out with the TCG and etc stuff problems so well. DNA would make a great mod for that. Instead of deleting something popular at the Beach.

You act like it's an easy thing. There is a lot to consider when selecting moderators, and sometimes they change on you too. Know what, come try and take my job, then you can appoint them. :)

Choosing moderators in no easy task. We have to take several things into consideration. PB should be known for TCG and VG, not for Forum Games.

Shining Raikou said:
Having mods for the game corner takes away from them helping the TCG and other programs. This delays the things we are working on.

Huh? If that's a case, then couldn't you get a moderator for only that section? Or just look over a thread to see if it's creating spam? It can't take that long.

(good thing I previewed, or else I would have gotten ninja'd)
Ram, Dna is a professor rank, so moderatoring the forum would be a distraction.

And Shining, wouldn't finding a moderator be easier than all these members complaining?

Shining Raikou said:

That's true but don't forget, the people here are merely speaking their own opinion and having some evidence to support it. Even if your actual jobs are the TCG and other programs, the RPGs and Forum Games can be used by the members here to kill some time while waiting for the next thing in said programs.

I know some things must be done to move on and focus on their jobs and stuff, but don't ridicule the people who are trying to defend the fact that the RPGs and Forum Games aren't stupid by any means. The people here are only expression their opinion about it and defending back, just because you have mod or admin power doesn't mean banning or any other sort of punishment is necessary JUST because they went against you. They aren't breaking any rules, so now what?

So, DNA would mod the TCG threads, he would still be basically doing what a professor does, just a little more than usual. And they is more than one professor anyways.

Is this forums a popularity contest? When I hear of Pokebeach we are not known for anything. What makes you think we are known for RPG's? If you think we need to be know for VG and TCG then I don't know what the problem is? All I can say is that you need to go find more members. Deleting the Game Corner is not going to help in that task. Were you get the idea that it does is beyond me. Honestly if I wanted help with VG I would go to Smogon, Like ALOT of us do. Even the ones who think we need to imporve in the VG area. Why don't you try to make this forum like theres? Hey whay don't you just get the code from there website and use it? Just change the name. We will be EXACTLY like them. We will be exactly how you want us to be.

:/

Try being the head of Organized Play area of the forum which also involves the hiring of Professors, not just responding to threads and modding. Honestly, Rulings and Organized Play does not need any additional moderators at this time. I can't speak for the rest of the TCG area. If dmaster wants to comment on that, he can.

dragonexpert said:
Choosing moderators in no easy task. We have to take several things into consideration. PokéBeach should be known for TCG and VG, not for Forum Games.

With all due respect, Pokebeach is never going to become known for TCG and VG. There are places who are focused on that and have the World Championship records to prove it. Pokebeach is known for news. I like the community, I like that its casual, I like the Games. Getting rid of that makes us a good news site that happens to have a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back