Important Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Over the past few weeks myself and the forum staff got together and looked at everything closely. We wanted to improve organization and downsize. We also wanted to rid of inactive, dead forums and focus way more on what this site was built on. (TCG and VG) We ended up deciding the best route to go would be to part ways with some of our forums. To move forward and improve the forums overall, we are implementing the following changes.

Pokemon Trading
(Replaced with Trade Now Thread or similar in 5th gen) - Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
Slateport Market (Replaced with Art Requests Thread in Lilycove) - Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
PokeBeach Groups - (Replaced with new discussion threads being allowed in Misc. and Entertainment next week, less regulation) Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
Gaming Activities - (More tournaments coming) Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
Games & More - (Werewolf and RPG may remain) Closing in 2 weeks on 10/29.

I know some of you will be disappointed, and I am sorry. Know it is not my intention to disappoint you, and that I am working closely with the staff on a slew of new activities and projects. It is my hope that soon the forums and staff will operate much more smoothly with these changes, and that we can finally get more projects we've had in the works off the ground. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Wait, why the hell is the Forum Games forum closing? It's probably the most active and probably the second-most useful subforum in the entire forums (second to the news discussion)

Thank you for blowing up first Risk, I didnt want to do it myself

Forum Games and more closing?

That is one of the most active and booming forum here, and killing it, is totally not cool

While I don't know what "Games & More" and "Gaming Activities" means, I say no to the Slateport Market being replaced with a single thread and the Pokemon Trading forums being replaced. Why does those forums have to be closed? It's not like we can supply the services in a single thread, and besides, the Arts Requests Thread would be flooded with requests. There are some really great shops, but why would we do requests if we have to go all the way to find the request? Plus, what if a shop was dead from no posts, but someone revived it? Wouldn't that person be warned? How are we supposed to find a shop if we need to look through the clutter of posts in the thread? There are many shopowners, you know, and it would be cluttered with posts. Did I make my point? Thanks XD.

And Risks, he means the ones in "Off-topic discussion".

No, LuckyPokeGirl, we're closing Forum Games & More, as in that forum with all the RPGs and games. You know, the one that's even called Forum Games & More.

That's the point. The forum games sub-forum is the second most useful forum here because you don't get much info here when it comes to really competitive TCG and VG.

Killing Forum Games and More without a reasonable replacement = Riot :/

That might basically be the nail in the coffin for me staying in here as well.

*throws Werewolf Roles into the garbage bin* *sigh*

Wait, this forum is getting closed?

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-forum-games-more

Riskbreakers said:
That's the point. The forum games sub-forum is the second most useful forum here because you don't get much info here when it comes to really competitive TCG and VG.

Killing Forum Games and More without a reasonable replacement = Riot :/

That might basically be the nail in the coffin for me staying in here as well.

*throws Werewolf Roles into the garbage bin* *sigh*

This just proves my point. We're going to lose members by getting rid of any of these. A few of them I agree with, but Forum Games is not one of them

@P99 yes it is

Oh , no. They're closing the forum games and more on the 6P forum [/sarcasm]

I honestly agree with all except for Forum Games and Gaming Activities tbh. (even if i dont competitively battle anymore)

I expected the Slateport Market and Pokemon Trading to go, as the possibility of it was discussed back in July-August. The fate of groups is something I can agree with as well.

The deletion of the Game Corner, however, will make the members of PokeBeach unhappy (and I wouldn't be surprised to see a large amount quit because of its deletion). Its the second most active forum, and its looking like it could pass TCG trading soon. I really can't figure out why it has to be deleted when its very active.

Bippa201 said:
I expected the Slateport Market and Pokemon Trading to go, as the possibility of it was discussed back in July-August. The fate of groups is something I can agree with as well.

The deletion of the Game Corner, however, will make the members of PokeBeach unhappy (and I wouldn't be surprised to see a large amount quit because of its deletion). Its the second most USEFUL forum, and its looking like it could pass TCG trading soon. I really can't figure out why it has to be deleted when its very active.

Fixed for truth.

I honestly don't know why you guys will prioritize fixing the subforums rather than fixing the quality of the competitive TCG and VG here.

I will be open to keeping Werewolf around, and possibly other games if the proposal is good. Just PM me.

Riskbreakers, that is precisely what I'm going to be focusing on. I have to look at the forums and the program as one package though. Not separate. They go together.

At least keep the Forum Games forum alive. It has been there since I joined and has been my favorite forum ever since. You should know how much I loved that forum when I was vouching to handle that sub-forum when we were still in the old Clan Council three years ago.

Ahhh, I disagree with the Game Corner leaving, but oh well, guess I got no say in it.

Shining Raikou said:
I will be open to keeping Werewolf around, and possibly other games if the proposal is good. Just PM me.

Yes :D

Shining Raikou said:

Riskbreakers, that is precisely what I'm going to be focusing on. I have to look at the forums and the program as one package though. Not separate. They go together.

Including my new RPG? Cause I really want to explode or cry if the forum games get thrown away. NOOOO- *stops yelling*

I think it was last summer when the game corner was revamped. All of the simple YPPY games (Count to 50, Ban Game, etc) were deleted, leaving only RPGs (which were at a max of two), and other well thought out games (Werewolf as a predominant example, with new games like The Challenge, Big Brother and other Mafia games also falling under that category). If the main goal of the game corner deletion is to cut down on spam, could that be a possible solution to act as a compromise for everyone?

Werewolf is fine, like I said. Everything else is going. We tried that before and the forum eventually dwindled down to nothing, and we had countless complaints of "nothing but RPG's" being there. Now it is spam and other issues being a problem. We have 1 super mod and 2 moderators handling just the games forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back