Important Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrGatr said:
If a riot=ban...
Then the riot banned people, just come back, it will cause countless problems throughout the forums, It will also make Safari, and Afro loose moderation, that they worked soooo hard to get...

SR, if you listen to the members you'll see our stand point...
I think we should just ask WPM, he would solve this in an instant!

I'm pretty sure he would side with them if he already hasn't agreed to the changes, afterall they are his moderation staff.

Don't be mean, Risks. We'll just leave if this is considered a bad forum.

But seriously, who is taking control? Next thing I know, the Admin will come along and ban us all... :(

Ninja'd. That^ is a good idea.

As said before, SR does listen, but nothing is going to change

If you wanna riot, riot. Not going to change anything

If you want to leave, leave. It'll just be a forum with less people.

I like these changes, this will make everything a lot simpler here. Just like Zero said, this is supposed to be a forum for the competitive TCG and VGC. Anyone else, honestly was really not helping with anything else. Thank you, mods, for removing pointless parts of Pokebeach. :D

Darkvoid57 said:
As said before, SR does listen, but nothing is going to change

If you wanna riot, riot. Not going to change anything

If you want to leave, leave. It'll just be a forum with less people.

People who don't know how to appericiate a website for what it is.

@ Capt. Mongoose: That is what I am aiming for. A return to being devoted to our TCG and VG programs, not forum games, complicated discussion threads, barely active shops and the like.

PokeBeach isn't a forum dedicated to fake-banning other members and attempting to count to 50 until one of our many, many, many staff members post. At the risk of sounding super serious, I'm pretty sure we're about Pokemon last time I checked. It's only logical to FOCUS on Pokemon, and not what seems to be everyone's number one priority, the Game Corner.

If you want to play stupid forum games, go somewhere else. Werewolf and RPGs, however, I think should stay.

I think I know what a good website is, since I have had my part in the making of several GREAT! websites...
But there is nothing a member can do, so Ima just gonna give up...

@SB, Private chat me, if you were going to say that PB is a kingdom...

Bippa explained everything...

SO, sorry SR, you are right, about what you said, and I regret arguing with everyone!

I agree with Gale. I don't want you guys to group me with everyone else who is trying to riot or whatever. I agree that the stupid games should go. But a large part of my community in PokeBeach is participating in the teamwork of games like "The Challenge" and the mafia/werewolf variations. I love the people that I meet and become friends with during those games. I want that part of PokeBeach to stay somehow. Everything else can go.

MrGatr said:
I think I know what a good website is, since I have had my part in the making of several GREAT! websites...
But there is nothing a member can do, so Ima just gonna give up...

@SB, Private chat me, if you were going to say that PokéBeach is a kingdom...

Bippa explained everything...

SO, sorry SR, you are right, about what you said, and I regret arguing with everyone!

If you can't fight them, join them (Or leave in this case)

Nothing's changing, love it or hate it.

No one is forcing anyone to stay on this website. You all joined because you like Pokemon. You didn't join for the pointless forum games. If for some reason you like forum games more than Pokemon, go somewhere else.

It's not difficult to understand, and this is a necessary change that has to happen in order for this website to move forward.

There is something a member can do, that's the part you guys aren't getting. Get involved. Pitch ideas to me. Lets make this site better. Forum games are not going to make the site better, but maybe your idea for a community tournament will. I am all ears. We need to move on and focus on things that are related to what this site is about. If we were all about games then we should become GameyBeach and talk about how to effectively rate my sig and build a chain to 50. Oh c'mon, wouldn't that be grand?

Wait, maybe we'll post in Entrainment and Games, what do you think? Anything labeled "Games" in the Off-Topic forums is a game!

We'll move to that forum! YAY I am so happy :D

EDIT: Ninja'd by SR. I don't agree with that idea. We like pokemon, right?

LuckyPokeGirl said:
Wait, maybe we'll post in Entrainment and Games, what do you think? Anything labeled "Games" in the Off-Topic forums is a game!

That doesn't solve the problem. >_>
The goal is to get rid of pointless games, not to move them around.

LuckyPokeGirl said:

The whole point of deleting the forum games is to not have any stupid threads like the ban game. Relocating them doesn't solve anything.

So many people are stalking this thread....O_O

Shining Raikou said:
I wanted to make it clear that all of the threads will be accessible after the forums are closed. They will be searchable and in the Off-Topic forum.

This is pretty much the factor that makes me agree with this. Look, you'll still have your favorite RPGs and stuff, they can still be accessed. I don't see the problem here. This is a Pokemon forum.

Like I said... I may allow Werewolf and/or an RPG, but that is it.

I'd like to pop in and say something.

Darkrai's nightmare said:
Ahhh, I disagree with the Game Corner leaving, but oh well, guess I got no say in it.

This fellow here indirectly brought up a really good point - though whether or not he realized it, I do not know.
Why don't regular members have some sort of say in forum decisions? This stuff isn't just a minor alteration or two - these announced changes are groundbreaking stuff. And this stuff basically gets jumped on us whereas we meanwhile have to take it.

Don't we have any say anymore in how we would like the forum run?

The majority of the RPGs weren't good either. Most of the good games were knock-offs of an original (such as Murder, Mafia, etc copying the original werewolf game). When you narrow it down, you'll only have two or three actually good games.

If you only posted on Pokebeach because of YPPY games and RPGs, GET LOST

You were part of the problem, and now go to a forum that supports those types of "games". The games that will be supported are games that make you think and involve logic. Most of the other games... not worthwhile anyways. Why do people not understand this? It seems that we're getting a load of whining, but that will eventually disappear when they realize that they aren't getting their candy back...

Members do certainly have a say in it. There was an outcry from the competitive gamers saying that PB was too anti-competitive. The staff certainly heard this, and removed a large amount of the pointless areas. Now there is an outcry from the "gamers", but they have very few valid points. PB was founded on the concept of improving the competitive community, and the Smods realized that and wanted to return to the way things were. That is a valid point. "You are going to lose a majority of your playerbase because you are taking away our candy" is not a valid point when the playerbase being discussed doesn't advance the community in any way shape or form. While this is certainly far from a republic (it is more like an oligarchy), we can still make our voices heard in the community. Just be more logical and give good arguments and Smods will see it.

Oh. What about the RPGs through? They're fun games that anyone can join! (have to PM, through.) We get rid of the regular games, and hold the RPGs!

What do you think? And oh, they're not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back