Important Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they deleting RPGs through? I asked people on my RPG if we should begin or not.... will my RPG be deleted?

"aren't there either": I care about the future of this site and its staff. I also care about the rules. What's the point of having a site if it has a lot of rulebreakers? That makes sense.

I'd like to just say (since my name suddenly got brought up), that when we did revamp the Games Forum months ago (emphasis on _months_ ago), we never expected that it would turn out like this. I didn't create that game because I wanted the Spam Corner, so to speak. I guess in hindsight, we might be the ones to blame (if you could look at it that way), but we did weigh these decisions before, so we do ultimately have to bring them up again. And this is what was decided.

Edit: That being said, I NEED TO CHECK THE COUNT TO 50 THREAD OMGOMGOMG i hope they didn't win. :]

dmaster out.

Gale said:
The count to 50 thread was started by dmaster. Are you saying he doesn't care about the future of the website?

Moderators post in it constantly. Are you saying they don't care about the future of the website?

So do a lot of members who can be spending their time on other things.

If a member doesn't care about the future of the website, why spend time on the website?

First off, nowhere did I say that only people who don't care about the website post in Count To 50. I post in count to 50. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't care about the future of the website.

And like you said, "A lot of members can be spending time on other things". Yes Dmaster posts in count to 50. Yes mods post in count to 50.
But do they post there everytime they can? No. They are doing other things, while this thread is still there. That itself proves it is not a distraction like you said in a previous post.

And I bet plenty of people don't care what happens to the site besides if it shuts down or not. Plenty of people come here just to relax or chat or whatever. They really couldn't care.

EDIT: Yes, I did say that if you really care about the site you shouldn't be posting in count to 50, BUTBUTBUT, that's not to say that the people who post there don't care. And I didn't mean to word it as if they shouldn't be posting there, but thats the way it ended up coming across to you

Darkvoid57 said:
First off, nowhere did I say that only people who don't care about the website post in Count To 50. I post in count to 50. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't care about the future of the website.

And like you said, "A lot of members can be spending time on other things". Yes Dmaster posts in count to 50. Yes mods post in count to 50.
But do they post there everytime they can? No. They are doing other things, while this thread is still there. That itself proves it is not a distraction like you said in a previous post.

And I bet plenty of people don't care what happens to the site besides if it shuts down or not. Plenty of people come here just to relax or chat or whatever. They really couldn't care.

When rumors were flying around that PokeBeach was going to shut down several months ago there was unprecedented chaos lol.

We need to get our stuff together before we want to consider moving forward. Out with the old, in with the new. It's a simple recycling process. The forum games have more posts than any forum (except the Trading Corner). That's absolutely insane and should not be the case. The forum games are out of hand with almost 100,000 posts.

Edit: Also, Matt, I didn't mean you did anything wrong. I was just using you as an example.

Gale said:
When rumors were flying around that PokeBeach was going to shut down several months ago there was unprecedented chaos lol.

We need to get our stuff together before we want to consider moving forward. Out with the old, in with the new. It's a simple recycling process. The forum games have more posts than any forum (except the Trading Corner). That's absolutely insane and should not be the case. The forum games are out of hand with almost 100,000 posts.

Edit: Also, Matt, I didn't mean you did anything wrong. I was just using you as an example.

But is that really a bad thing that the forum games and more have almost 100,000 posts? NO. It means that people enjoy posting there, and its a good thing people like to have. It having that many posts means that it's a good thing so far, because people put time into posting in a forum that A) is just for fun, and B) doesn't count towards posts.

And the whole "Out with the old, in with the new"...I didn't see a new Forum Games forum in their plans. It's not in with the old out with the new, it's Get rid of what people enjoy-change to proffesional look.

EDIT: Now this isn't to say that some threads are ridiculous, but it is ridiculous to get rid of almost everything

Darkvoid57 said:
But is that really a bad thing that the forum games and more have almost 100,000 posts? NO. It means that people enjoy posting there, and its a good thing people like to have. It having that many posts means that it's a good thing so far, because people put time into posting in a forum that A) is just for fun, and B) doesn't count towards posts.

And the whole "Out with the old, in with the new"...I didn't see a new Forum Games forum in their plans. It's not in with the old out with the new, it's Get rid of what people enjoy-change to proffesional look.

It's "out with the old, in with the new", not "old with the old, in with the new old".

On a forum about Pokemon, it is a bad thing when forum games and more have almost 100,000 posts. The forums about Pokemon should be having those numbers.

Gale said:
It's "out with the old, in with the new", not "old with the old, in with the new old".

On a forum about Pokemon, it is a bad thing when forum games and more have almost 100,000 posts. The forums about Pokemon should be having those numbers.

Thanks for the correction bro /sarcasm

You are 100% correct in saying that Pokemon-Related forums should have those numbers, but it's not the Forum Games and More's fault for that. It's the members themselves. And if your going to try and change how and where the members post, good luck to you. Taking away the Games will not give more posts to the other forums. It won't change anything. The members we have are not extremely competitively oriented, and so there will not be more posts there.

You're taking away a forum to try and get more posts in other forums, and it's not going to work.

Take P0kevortex for example. He plays Pokemon, he collects TCG. He posts mostly in Forum Games and More. Take that away, not only will he not post in Pokemon-Related Forums, he won't post at all since the one place he does post won't be there, hence making him leave (At least from what he's told me)

So... are the shops staying open? Because I put a lot of work into my shop, and I'd be really bummed if it had to close...

Nothing is getting deleted.

The shops will be moved, but they will not be used anymore. The thread in the Slateport Market Forum itself explains this...

dmaster out.

Shining Raikou said:
Over the past few weeks myself and the forum staff got together and looked at everything closely. We wanted to improve organization and downsize. We also wanted to rid of inactive, dead forums and focus way more on what this site was built on. (TCG and VG) We ended up deciding the best route to go would be to part ways with some of our forums. To move forward and improve the forums overall, we are implementing the following changes.

Pokemon Trading
(Replaced with Trade Now Thread or similar in 5th gen) - Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
Slateport Market (Replaced with Art Requests Thread in Lilycove) - Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
PokeBeach Groups - (Replaced with new discussion threads being allowed in Misc. and Entertainment next week, less regulation) Closing in 1 week on 10/22.
Games & More - (Werewolf and RPG may remain) Closing in 2 weeks on 10/29.
Gaming Activities - (More tournaments coming) Closing in 2 weeks on 10/29.

I know some of you will be disappointed, and I am sorry. Know it is not my intention to disappoint you, and that I am working closely with the staff on a slew of new activities and projects. It is my hope that soon the forums and staff will operate much more smoothly with these changes, and that we can finally get more projects we've had in the works off the ground. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

I personally don't care about any of these changes, because there's going to be a slew of new activities and projects as the first post says. If there's better things to come, why freak out? I don't think very many people read the first post that well.

Darkvoid57 said:
Thanks for the correction bro /sarcasm

You are 100% correct in saying that Pokemon-Related forums should have those numbers, but it's not the Forum Games and More's fault for that. It's the members themselves. And if your going to try and change how and where the members post, good luck to you. Taking away the Games will not give more posts to the other forums. It won't change anything. The members we have are not extremely competitively oriented, and so there will not be more posts there.

You're taking away a forum to try and get more posts in other forums, and it's not going to work.

Take P0kevortex for example. He plays Pokemon, he collects TCG. He posts mostly in Forum Games and More. Take that away, not only will he not post in Pokemon-Related Forums, he won't post at all since the one place he does post won't be there, hence making him leave (At least from what he's told me)

You're assuming things are going to be the way they are. You cannot know how this will affect everything. The staff has decided to implement this new idea with hopes in mind that it will change things. You keep saying "it's not going to work". Well how do you know that?

What we are going to lose is members who only come here for the Game Corner. We don't need them. They don't contribute anything to our community and we're in a position where we want to increase PokeBeach's reputation. Not bring it to the top, but we want to show the other communities that, hey, we're not just a bunch of 10-13 year olds who like to play games. We actually know what we're doing.

The purpose is simple. The Game Corner is very distracting to members, even those that play TCG. With a much smaller focus on Game Corner, the, for lack of a better word, "useless" members will be "driven out", and the ones who stay help the community evolve into what it needs to be. It is a Pokemon Forum, but people are coming here and pretending it's a Games Forum. If the sole reason you come here is for the Game Corner, you SHOULD NOT BE HERE. If you like the people here and have made bonds with them, talk with them personally and enjoy friendship. You do not need a forum to talk with your friends. There are plenty of instant messaging and other programs available to stay in touch.

While the Game Corner had a lot of activity and people say it's the reason PokeBeach is so active, that's the BAD THING. We don't want people coming to the forums because they heard how much fun they can have spamming the Game Corner. We want people to come to our community so that they can become better at the TCG and VG. We are a Pokemon forum, but many members seem to forget that. We are trying to evolve into something better than our current selves, and members like you are only going to hold us back.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
I personally don't care about any of these changes, because there's going to be a slew of new activities and projects as the first post says. If there's better things to come, why freak out? I don't think very many people read the first post that well.

I mean, I read this. And my opinion is that none of the activities will have anthing to do with RPG's. As some of the mods made it very clear earlier, they want to focus more on TCG and VG(as was the intial purpose of PB).

safariblade said:
We want to focus on the responses and popularity of TCG or VG threads. Not games. The idea here is to make the forums as a whole more professional, and many of the YPPY games and bad RPGs are dragging us down.
I do agree that RPGs that are well-thought out can be great. But like SR said, a few select games will remain.

And it makes almost no since if they have RPG projects after they go through the trouble of deleting the forums..

Ice_Master said:
I mean, I read this. And my opinion is that none of the activities will have anthing to do with RPG's. As some of the mods made it very clear earlier, they want to focus more on TCG and VG(as was the intial purpose of PokéBeach).

And it makes almost no since if they have RPG projects after they go through the trouble of deleting the forums..

There already IS a lot of TCG and VG stuff, so why would they be adding even more? It just makes sense that they're replacing the game corner with something better.

@Lenny

I'd like to first say that I in no way disagree with what's going to happen. Not at all. But the majority of others disagree, and no one's standing up for that majority, so I feel I have to do it.

Lets put it this way.

We are a forum that is known for the "Spam Corner" as someone else called it, correct?

By taking the "Spam Corner" away, what do we hope to accomplish?

That our members will get better at the game because we get rid of a forum? That's entirely unrealistic.

As you say, we're trying to increase our reputation. So by seeing that everyone wants to keep a forum, ignoring them and continueing to proceed with it and take away the forum, that's gonna boost our reputation. Quite frankly, I disagree.

The majority of members want to keep these threads. (Not to bash on S-mods, because I still agree with what you're doing) The S-mods are doing is in their best interest for the site and it's members, when the majority of the members want the exact opposite of what they're doing. Is this the image we're trying to achieve? One where the S-mods are going to do what they want to do when the members of the site oppose it just because they have the power to do it?

There's something obviously wrong in the way communication is made between the members and the higher-ups. Instead of doing what we're planning on doing, how bout we improve what we're already doing wrong which we know will change this site for the better? Fixing the communication and impact on decision making members have with the higher-ups is the first step to changing anything on this site for the better.

By "driving out the useless members", you're saying that:

A) Members who only post in the Forum Games and More are useless
and
B)Getting rid of them will make this site better

I thought Pokebeach was a friendly community, not some kind of Team or Clan that only has members who are good, or actually post. I guess I was wrong.

Maybe the "Pokebeach" that Pokebeach has to be is one where it only contains members who post in forums about Pokemon or provide discussion.

We're a community, we're a website, and most importantly, we're a forum. And we should be a forum that allows any member to join (Excluding bots and the like), good at TCG/VG or not, because again, we're a Forum, not a Clan.

@Flaming, like the RPG Corner! Or maybe....

It could be... couldn't it?

ONLINE GAMES!

What's better than those kinds?

Lenny said:
You're assuming things are going to be the way they are. You cannot know how this will affect everything. The staff has decided to implement this new idea with hopes in mind that it will change things. You keep saying "it's not going to work". Well how do you know that?

In all honesty it probably will work, does it mean that we will care? No.

What we are going to lose is members who only come here for the Game Corner. We don't need them. They don't contribute anything to our community and we're in a position where we want to increase PokeBeach's reputation. Not bring it to the top, but we want to show the other communities that, hey, we're not just a bunch of 10-13 year olds who like to play games. We actually know what we're doing.

If your so concered about our look to other forums why don't you go and train in VG and TCG. No one said you were forced to play an RPG. I play RPG's and I play VG ALL the time. I often have PO up and running while im posting in the game forums. Yeah I know what I'm doing. :)

The purpose is simple. The Game Corner is very distracting to members, even those that play TCG. With a much smaller focus on Game Corner, the, for lack of a better word, "useless" members will be "driven out", and the ones who stay help the community evolve into what it needs to be. It is a Pokemon Forum, but people are coming here and pretending it's a Games Forum. If the sole reason you come here is for the Game Corner, you SHOULD NOT BE HERE. If you like the people here and have made bonds with them, talk with them personally and enjoy friendship. You do not need a forum to talk with your friends. There are plenty of instant messaging and other programs available to stay in touch.

This is were I think you are poorly educated on RPG's. They are not used for talking...that is hillarious. They spend time to work on characters to play these "games". And again game corner post DO NOT count toward your post count. Look how many I got? I doubt those are all from introduction threads.

While the Game Corner had a lot of activity and people say it's the reason PokeBeach is so active, that's the BAD THING. We don't want people coming to the forums because they heard how much fun they can have spamming the Game Corner. We want people to come to our community so that they can become better at the TCG and VG. We are a Pokemon forum, but many members seem to forget that. We are trying to evolve into something better than our current selves, and members like you are only going to hold us back.

I came to Pokebeach. I joined Team D. I became a better VG battler, I AM a RPG player. You can do both. It is wierd that you even think that we can't. Were not all hyped up on VG and TCG steriods.

Made a few quick edits bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back