If you could change ONE thing about the Pokemon TCG....

What category would your change to TCG fall under?

• Total voters
RE: If you could change ONE thing about the Pokemon TCG...

Medaforcer said:
If I could change one thing about the game it would be the first turn. Win you "win" that opening coin flip you usually feel pretty bad and fairly helpless. That turn is important.

Maybe they should allow you to use Trainers/Goods on the first turn too, just no supporters. Or vice versa. Trainers and Stadiums are often the things that allow some one to fling heavy stuff right away or screw with people, like Rare Candy, BTS, Miasma Valley, Pokemon Tools, etc. Supporters just tend to pull cards out. You can't evolve something with supporters, and the only few supporters that can be disruptive...may not be too disruptive to play.

Also, even if they only allow Supporters to play, they should allow for fossils to be played on the first turn as well. Heck, even as basic pokemon. Or just say screw fossils and make the fossil pokemon basics and stage 1s.

I would make the cards more affordable. Sure at first glance it looks like they would be making less money, but think of the amount of people where even a dollar or two a pack would make a difference in whether they keep playing or stop playing, I bet it would all balance out.

cheetor586 said:
I would make the cards more affordable. Sure at first glance it looks like they would be making less money, but think of the amount of people where even a dollar or two a pack would make a difference in whether they keep playing or stop playing, I bet it would all balance out.

A lot of it has to do with supply and demand though. It would be almost impossible for NoA to change. Even if they did reduce "Producer to distributer" price, the factor of supply and demand would make those people sell them for around the same price now, or make the ones who actually sell them price it higher, etc. Or a combo of the distributer raising prices and the seller needing to raise them as well to make money.

So, I wouldn't focus this on NoA, but hoping that the seller themselves seller sells them for less XD Which...they wouldn't.

there are 3 things i would love to happen:
1. BANN MACHAMP!!!!!!!!
2. a 10 card sideboard.
3. a pokepower that lets you re-flip.

these would be nice changes

dragon master112 said:
there are 3 things I would love to happen:
1. BANN MACHAMP!!!!!!!!
2. a 10 card sideboard.
3. a pokepower that lets you re-flip.

these would be nice changes

I agree with you on #3.

But just because you cant beat machamp, doesnt make it unfair. THat card is FAR from unbeatable.

shadoworganoid said:
I agree with you on #3.

But just because you cant beat machamp, doesnt make it unfair. THat card is FAR from unbeatable.

i never siad i couldnt beat it, i do all the time, and i dont even like playing sp pokemon, but i think cards that are that op and can just spit on so many decks shouldnt b aloud in rotation. its not like just incresed damege its a str8 knockout, and not the hard to get kind like alteria where they have to flip 2 tails in a row to get ko'd but just ko's alot of stuff that people play. i always liked machamp before i built my 1st sp deck a few weeks ago. now i see how hard it is to kill it and y so many people hate it. its a 130hp beast that just destroys all sp's. im sure pusa just put it in to balance sp's but i think they gave machamp to mutch power.

"Win" the Opening Coin Flip

If you "win" the opening coin flip, you should get to choose whether you go first or second!

(And you should get to look at your hand before you have to decide)

In general, I would kind of like the game to be slowed down a bit... speed decks are kind of fun, I guess... but it would sure be nice to have longer games more often.

I would remove SP Pokemon from the game.
They've really taken a lot of fun out of playing this game.

NO MORE SP!! I mean, they're lame. PUSA doesn't follow through with these kind of things: I'd like to see Delta Species Pokemon again, for example. They were awesome when they were dual-type.

Shapley man, I just have to say: Claydol cant be for quitters. Since quitters dont play. Hence the word quit. :p

For people to not complain about SP or Claydol. Because, if they were to try to use them, they would probably actually like them : D SORRY WE LIKE TO WIN!

Nah, actually, I was thinking....it would be nice if instead of taking a prize for knocking out a pokemon, you should be able to take a prize when your pokemon gets knocked out. If something helps another player that's already ahead like that *shrug* It seems kinda cheap. But that's just me.

Bane said:
For people to not complain about SP or Claydol. Because, if they were to try to use them, they would probably actually like them : D SORRY WE LIKE TO WIN!

Nah, actually, I was thinking...it would be nice if instead of taking a prize for knocking out a pokemon, you should be able to take a prize when your pokemon gets knocked out. If something helps another player that's already ahead like that *shrug* It seems kinda cheap. But that's just me.

hey, that makes alot more sense lol

No trainers or attacking on either players first turn.

^I'd say just no trainers/stadiums. No attacking first would literally make sableye useless.Then you can't be BTS/Rare Candy donked, which cuts the format donkability down quite a bit.

INFERNAPE112892 said:
get rid of rotation and incorprate a ban list

but they are kinda similar, since by todays standards, most old cards or broken, and by old standards, the new ones are broken

old: powers/bodies

new: attacks

Bippa201 said:
But its called a Prize Card. It's your Prize for getting a KO
And a name change isn't possible?

^I'd say just no trainers/stadiums. No attacking first would literally make sableye useless.Then you can't be BTS/Rare Candy donked, which cuts the format donkability down quite a bit.
Agreed. Even though I already said that before XD Supporters are great, just not that overpowered as Rare Candy or BTS.

I would just rather have the American packs like Japanese packs, with two rares, and energy, and always a holo.

Back