If you could change ONE thing about the Pokemon TCG....

What category would your change to TCG fall under?

• Total voters
RE: If you could change ONE thing about the Pokemon TCG...

I'm fine with no metagame, really. The game needs more variety.

The Reaver said:
IMO, the best mulligan system is in MtG, where if a player mulligans, he has to draw one less card.
Maybe something like that should be in place.

Allowing them to take a SINGLE mulligan. But allowing the opponent to take an extra card as usual. But no more than one time. If you don't pull any basic pokemon the second time, they get two extra cards for the forced mulligan.

I don't think it would be too cheap. It would keep one person from losing just because the hand came just wrong. Might make some decks a tad more usable, due to slight inconsistency, but would other wise be good.

Making cheaper prices. Making less crappy Rares. Yeah, that'd be all :p
Oh..and get rid of that stupid Victory Medal for Battle Roads.

I'd like less of those cards with ugly artwork (SV Gabite, Marshtomp, Nincada etc.)..
Seriously, they're barely recognizable. ._.

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine. Although Claydol GE should never have existed.

I dont like how older sets are rotated out. We should be allowed to play ANY card from any set. With a few exeptions.

I'd like them to change the ruling regarding having no Pokémon in play so that you only lose if you still don't have any Pokémon in play at the end of your turn. That would reduce the chances of a Machamp or Sableye donk. After all, who likes losing without even getting a single turn?

Shiny Noctowl said:
I'd like them to change the ruling regarding having no Pokémon in play so that you only lose if you still don't have any Pokémon in play at the end of your turn. That would reduce the chances of a Machamp or Sableye donk. After all, who likes losing without even getting a single turn?

I agree there.

THose T1 donks are so dumb. Person who goes first gets to attack but nothing more. So in most cases they do nothing, they pass. Then the other person gets to do tons of stuff. Not fair.

shadoworganoid said:
I agree there.

THose T1 donks are so dumb. Person who goes first gets to attack but nothing more. So in most cases they do nothing, they pass. Then the other person gets to do tons of stuff. Not fair.
You do also get to lay down energy and use abilities. Also, you can evolve pokemon you had out the turn after, without needing to use rare candies or BTS. Cards you might not have in your hand during your first turn. You also get to draw first, etc.

And seeing as there are quite a few cards that can use an attack for one, or nothing, if you're spending your turn doing nothing, then...well... you might not be using a proper deck. That's just me though.

I suppose your right, but im just speaking for average stuff.

On the best case senario this is what you get to do:
Draw, energy to active or bench. Uxie? Maybe. , Attack? Possibly.

But then your opponent gets to lay down trainer after trainer adn a supporter. Most good decks would end up with a Turn 1/2 claydol, and main attacker. Hmmmm...

Agreed with shadoworganoid-- I spent thousands of dollars on the older sets D: I wish I could put them to use now.

i just want them to make a rule so i win all the time :p

On a serious note, i want them to have shiny energy more! I love Shiny energy!

The Reaver said:
If they do, you'll be drawing a lot of cards and you'll get a perfect hand. Here's how I say the optional mulligan should work:

• Both players draw a hand
  • Players flip a coin to see who goes first.
  • The player going first determines whether or not he's mulliganing.
  • If no, then the second player determines whether or not he's mulliganing.
  • Either way, if yes, then the other player has the option to draw a card, mulligan himself, or do nothing.
  • This continues until players are satisfied with their hands.

Seems somewhat reasonable. There's the problem of players playing with one Basic and 59 Energy, but that problem occurs with the current mulligan system as well. IMO, the best mulligan system is in MtG, where if a player mulligans, he has to draw one less card.

If you could do that than you would just mulligan until your opponant has 60 cards in their hand then on their first turn they lose.:p

But what I would want to change would be to not make cards that can do 80 for 2-3 nrg's

The only flaw with that is, they can CHOOSE to draw another card or not. THey dont have to.

shadoworganoid said:
I suppose your right, but im just speaking for average stuff.

On the best case senario this is what you get to do:
Draw, energy to active or bench. Uxie? Maybe. , Attack? Possibly.

But then your opponent gets to lay down trainer after trainer adn a supporter. Most good decks would end up with a Turn 1/2 claydol, and main attacker. Hmmmm...
If you were able to do that on your first turn with your opponent being able to do ANYTHING, that would be cheap. I guess you could view the heads as negative for you though. *shrug*

However, I've seen, sometimes, one side set up so fast without the use of supporters or trainers, usually thanks to poke-powers or attacks. Also, the only way to speed up Lv X's is level Max, which requires a coin flip. The person who goes first will be able to get Uxie X or Mewtwo X out first for sure.

Some decks won't have everything set up on the 2nd turn of the game(as in, the first turn the person who has to go second), at least, not to fully attack. I guess that's another reason Beedrill decks are so good.

And if you use cards like Dialga with Time Call, you could probably take the lead with the first turn.

Yep, it comes down to the deck.

For me, With BlazeRay, if I go second, I can energy, energy gain, 80 damage. DONK. lolz.

Other decks like Flygon, cant attack for several turns.

89 panther said:
If you could do that than you would just mulligan until your opponant has 60 cards in their hand then on their first turn they lose.:p

But what I would want to change would be to not make cards that can do 80 for 2-3 nrg's

Okay, how about this, then? Every time the opponent mulligans, you get to draw a card. Upon every THIRD mulligan, however, the player gets to take a prize card instead of drawing a card from his or her deck. This allows for 18 mulligans total before losing, but if you mulligan 3 times, you're already putting yourself at a serious disadvantage.

If I could pick one thing to change in the TCG, I'd like English cards to use the same card stock and backs as Japan.

If I could change one thing about the game it would be the first turn. Win you "win" that opening coin flip you usually feel pretty bad and fairly helpless. That turn is important.

Back