[Ideas] We Might See a Pokemon Main Game Very Soon

I was questioning why no one mentioned today, but then again, people have been ignoring Arceus in the movie. I guess the "major announcement" for the Hoopa movie isn't today. Perhaps we'll see Arceus's possible secret next month.

I don't wanna read the whole thread to know where you guys are.

As far as a new main series game, I think they're taking their time with the next installment because they just released four games within about a thirteen-month time frame of each other (XY on october, then ORAS in November the following year) that granted trainers access to every pokemon excluding certain event-mons. My guess is they want to grant you an ample amount of time to fill out your Pokedex while they assemble everything for the next games which, as I see it, should have a focus on having more things to do (extra post-game content, room for more challenges, another battle frontier) and less emphasis on finding Pokemon, since we know them all by now.

In my fantasy, they're taking time to gauge fan reactions to gen6 in order to assemble and execute a game design plan, so they're debating what will be the most authentic and popular choices.

Releasing a few 3DS downloadable games with planned DLC (also Pokken Tournament) in the meantime is a way of showing that they're still in business, even if they're just reinventing previous spin-offs.

Last edited:
I don't wanna read the whole thread to know where you guys are.

As far as a new main series game, I think they're taking their time with the next installment because they just released four games within about a thirteen-month time frame of each other (XY on october, then ORAS in November the following year) that granted trainers access to every pokemon excluding certain event-mons. My guess is they want to grant you an ample amount of time to fill out your Pokedex while they assemble everything for the next games which, as I see it, should have a focus on having more things to do (extra post-game content, room for more challenges, another battle frontier) and less emphasis on finding Pokemon, since we know them all by now.

In my fantasy, they're taking time to gauge fan reactions to gen6 in order to assemble and execute a game design plan, so they're debating what will be the most authentic and popular choices.

Releasing a few 3DS downloadable games with planned DLC (also Pokken Tournament) in the meantime is a way of showing that they're still in business, even if they're just reinventing previous spin-offs.

holy cow it finally makes sense.

I've been wondering why they decided to cover FREAKING ALL of the legends with ORAS after XY only covered the gen1 four.
1. They knew we'd have to wait a bit longer for the sequels, so they gave us "something to do"
2. since there was no way BF would be anywhere near complete for ORAS (while being something that made sense to explore in XYsequels), they instead pushed the focus on the biggest legendary hunting quest and dex collecting ever
3. ORAS are the "nostalgia" games anyway, so it makes sense for them to be the ones giving access to ~90% of the past legends
4. it allows the XY-sequels to do whatever they are meant to without having to care about covering old stuff

And here's me sitting with my completed living dex on pokebank only a month after ORAS came out - what do :/

And here's me sitting with my completed living dex on pokebank only a month after ORAS came out - what do :/
I met a kid last week at the art studio I study at who really started playing in gen6. There are plenty of young, new players without migrated Pokemon to fill out PokeBank that are catching and collecting legendaries (and everything else) for the first time. @Mitja makes a good point in saying that having all the other legendaries in ORAS can make for a nostalgia trip, but it's also the first chance for some children to even see those Pokemon.

And we know that GameFreak caters toward the youth market before they appeal to their long-term fans, even though they find ways to pull both off simultaneously. The way I see it, this window of silence is more about getting the new crowd familiar with the now-very expansive list of Pokemon before they release a game that showcases even more ways to battle and interact with your party.

I met a kid last week at the art studio I study at who really started playing in gen6. There are plenty of young, new players without migrated Pokemon to fill out PokeBank that are catching and collecting legendaries (and everything else) for the first time. @Mitja makes a good point in saying that having all the other legendaries in ORAS can make for a nostalgia trip, but it's also the first chance for some children to even see those Pokemon.

And we know that GameFreak caters toward the youth market before they appeal to their long-term fans, even though they find ways to pull both off simultaneously. The way I see it, this window of silence is more about getting the new crowd familiar with the now-very expansive list of Pokemon before they release a game that showcases even more ways to battle and interact with your party.

No doubt,that's all true. I just wanted a battle frontier =)

No doubt,that's all true. I just wanted a battle frontier =)

Which is pretty much given to be in the next games. Not just because a sequel is exactly a game where they have time to create one, but because they even put an ad for it into ORAS dspite that being a risky move (as there are people who felt trolled because they seriously expected a BF in a full-blown RS remake with 1 year of development LOL)

Last edited:
Which is pretty much given to be in the next games. Not just because a sequel is exactly a game where they have time to create one, but because they even put an ad for it into ORAS dspite that being a risky move (as there are people who felt trolled because they seriously expected a BF in a full-blown RS remake with 1 year of development LOL)

come now, I'm very sure they were developing soon after starting with XY. Pretty common for them to be working on two games at once. Hence why features are often not passed on to the game right after, since they were being developed simultaneously.

That being said I can see how it's a lot of work and thus understandable that it wasn't included. But at this point the next games had better be something special, as the XY engine has been around for a while and neither of the last games had very good post game content, so they have both the time and the motive to do something awesome. I have hope!

Back