How will Ash lose the Pokémon League in X / Y?

RE: How will Ash lose the league in XY?

ChillBill said:
I doubt it. Ash pretty much resets in every Gen, although the last reset was perhaps the worst. I guess they do it just for Ash to look like he's a new trainer every time so that kids who just began watching/playing can identify with him. Perhaps it's time they changed the lead character .

This is where producers have their flaws. At the start of every new generation, Ash goes back to beginner trainer-like qualities; and yet, the anime has always made clear distinctions that each region is a continuation of the last. He isn't starting over every time as a trainer, he only cleans his Pokemon slate. So in a sense they are contradicting themselves and I hate it. They no longer need to appeal to new audiences. It just makes Ash look stupid and in the long run it doesn't really help people that are new to the series because there are so many technicalities with Pokemon that whatever they mention in the anime is insignificant.
By that I mean, Ash forgetting what a caterpie is, or forgetting that ground types are immune to Pikachu hardly helps a new viewer to understand overall Pokemon mechanics, and just makes him look like an idiot to the seasoned anime watchers.

I thought he should have won in the sinnoh portion, he lost to an OP trainer Tobias, so anything is possible he probably lose to a trainer just like tobias Go Yvelta knock out three of ash's pokemon and ash knocks out Yvelta, but of course "GO" Xerneas ash loses.....AGAIN, I would tell him " you should have taken the Job as a Frontier Brain.

Ash was an idiot not to become a Frontier Brain. Now the writers have him stuck in an endless loop of losing forever. Oh God, why can't we have an anime version of the manga? WHHHHYYYYYY??

Starboard Driger said:
Bo$$_89 said:
Well we got an event either late HGSS or early Black and White that said Pikachu was Level 50. Then in the first episode of black and white ash forgets everything he knows and Pikachu can barely take on a Snivy

Was there an official explanation as to why this was?

It's ash, what more explanation do you want? *shrugs*

Also, I love how X and Y hasn't even started yet and people are already speculating how ash will lose the league 5 or so seasons later. I think this means ash has officially hit rock bottom.
When you are so bad that you lose a league before even going to the region, you have failed at winning so hard that even bowser feels sorry for you.

InstantBacon said:
Ash was an idiot not to become a Frontier Brain. Now the writers have him stuck in an endless loop of losing forever. Oh God, why can't we have an anime version of the manga? WHHHHYYYYYY??

Yeah tell me about it, I signed an online petition awhile back to try to get the creators of the Pokemon Anime series to replace Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket with a better Pokemon Anime series geared towards an older audience instead of the typical kindergarten and pre-school demographic that it's catering towards right now. While I feel like Ash is way overdue for closure in the Anime series, the writers should've done so after the Battle Frontier in Hoenn or after the Sinnoh League.

To be fair Ash Ketchum did make the Top 4 at the Sinnoh League but only because he lost against Tobias who was the only trainer in the League using Legendary Pokemon. If Tobias had never used Darkrai and Latios, Ash would've most likely had won the Sinnoh League and we would've had new main protagonists for Gen V in the Black/White series instead of being stuck with Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket. It would've even made Ash's victory against his rival Paul back then much sweeter even though people would complain that Ash winning a League would end the Anime Series which is entirely false.

As for Team Rocket they are way overdue to being written off the show just like Ash and Pikachu. What's the point of them trying to capture Ash's Pikachu for Giovanni in the last 16 Seasons of the Anime series when Ash himself hasn't even won a League aside from the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier? How many times are Jessie, James, and Meowth going to keep "blasting off again" until everyone gets tired of it? How many times are they going to regress themselves each season just like Ash has? It's getting old and stale.

Starboard Driger said:
Bo$$_89 said:
Well we got an event either late HGSS or early Black and White that said Pikachu was Level 50. Then in the first episode of black and white ash forgets everything he knows and Pikachu can barely take on a Snivy

Was there an official explanation as to why this was?

This is just speculation, but in the start of every series doesn't Pikachu get in some sort of trouble with a magnet, Zekrom ( cant remember what else) but possibly could that reset the lvl. of Pikachu.

Card Slinger J said:
If Tobias had never used Darkrai and Latios, Ash would've most likely had won the Sinnoh League and we would've had new main protagonists for Gen V in the Black/White series instead of being stuck with Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket.

A lot of people have this mentality, interestingly enough. At this point I don't see any legit reasoning why the main protagonists and antagonists would be replaced within the same show. Ash IS the face of the anime, he won't be replaced since the entire show has been built upon him and Pikachu from the get go. There can only ever be an entirely new show if there is going to be new characters.

It's not so much as to whether or not If Ash Ketchum IS the face of the Anime series but rather why prevent him from aging and growing as a Pokemon Trainer whose only purpose nowadays is nothing more than a marketing tool with no soul to get the preschool and kindergarten demographic into the Pokemon franchise? Why can't the writers and producers of the Pokemon Anime follow the same route as the writers and producers of the Digimon Anime where they actually allowed for character development and growth in the series instead of sticking with a status quo that's gotten as stale as in Marvel and DC Comics? In other words there needs to be a brand new Pokemon Anime that targets the older demographic of the Pokemon franchise instead of juggling both with poor writing.

Card Slinger J said:
It's not so much as to whether or not If Ash Ketchum IS the face of the Anime series but rather why prevent him from aging and growing as a Pokemon Trainer whose only purpose nowadays is nothing more than a marketing tool with no soul to get the preschool and kindergarten demographic into the Pokemon franchise? Why can't the writers and producers of the Pokemon Anime follow the same route as the writers and producers of the Digimon Anime where they actually allowed for character development and growth in the series instead of sticking with a status quo that's gotten as stale as in Marvel and DC Comics? In other words there needs to be a brand new Pokemon Anime that targets the older demographic of the Pokemon franchise instead of juggling both with poor writing.

Especially since they teach the little kids what's already explained in the games, and badly.
So far all the Animé is used for is showing new Pokémon, getting the Gym badges and badly explaining type advantages. Heck, there's even a 3DS ap that teaches kids about Pokémon types anyway.
The only good thing I can think about the Animé at the moment, is they tell you the pronunciations of 6th gen mon and cities/towns.

Bo$$_89 said:
Freezerbern said:
He'll lose because his pokemon aren't strong enough in comparison to the person he's fighting, even when the other person has some disadvantage (such as Cameron and his 5 pokemon) I think that's pretty ridiculous considering he's had Pikachu for the last 5 gens. Shouldn't he be Lvl. 100 and able to wipe the floor against any and everybody?

Pikachu was weakened because of Zekrom. Ash knew what he was doing there, he just couldn't do it because Zekrom was trolling.

POKEDEX. Ash will lose because he's always looking Pokémon in the Pkdex. While that happens, the rivals finally do something and attack instead of just waiting for Ash to scan their Pokémon.

"Ash: Who's that Pokémon? (reachs for Dex)
Pkdex's voice: « insert Pokémon name », ...
Rival: Gyarados, Hyper Beam!
Ash: Crap, I lost. Well, that's life. (rubs finger under the nose...) Time to travel to another region to collect badges and turn nice and usefull Pokémon into some loosing and weak guys. "

He's probably going to use his weak not fully evolved Pokémon (ex. Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, etc...) or maybe he will forget about type advantages and weaknesses...

Ash struggles so much with the gym leaders and his rivals right now.It's really frustrating to see him be beaten all the time.
He'll probably lose it like he always did: gets somewhat close to the finale,and then loses to some random dude who has a team full of legendaries. Hehe.

ZeNoodles said:
He'll probably lose it like he always did: gets somewhat close to the finale,and then loses to some random dude who has a team full of legendaries. Hehe.

That only happened once...

While I'm as sure as most that Ash will lose, I think it would be interesting if they made the pokemon league into a movie.

The pokemon movies always have had a more serious tone, and gives us a chance to see the characters in a different light. The movie obviously couldn't just consist of the tournament, as most movies have to at least feature a legendary. Mid-battle Yveltal unleashes some horrific deathbeam from above that destroys part of the stadiums battlefield, cue dramatic legendary fight sequence, contestants continue with their battle with the new obstacles. Movies don't have to consist of why legendaries are feeling particularly upset that morning and how they can live peacefully from then on.

What would make us want to root for Ash Ketchum more knowing he could have a final tournament battle at the end of the movie and possibly WIN? Everyone leaves feeling complete, while pokemon heads in a different, more mature direction with new mascots and new characters.

What I'd love to see is Ash win the league and then the next season focuses on his battles with the Elite 4. It would be such a refreshing change, but sadly I doubt it'll happen.

RE: How Will Ash Lose the League in XY?

I think Ash this time will be hmm.....it's too early for me to tell. I do know the the ways he lost in the past.
  • Indigo Plateau- Team Rocket make constant kidnapping attempts here and Ash finally escaped them but their antics made so late he was very close to being disqualified, Ash wanted to use Pidgeotto but he was so exhausted flying ash there he had no choice using rebellious Charizard.
  • Silver Conference- Ash was so thrown and confused by Kecleon and Blaziken and Harrison's strategy keeping Blaziken alive is why he lost.
  • Ever Grande Conference- OK, that Meowth annoyed me someone should have taught it to control it's rage and not every Persian is the one who beat you he lost all respect when he defeated Persian and wanted to hurt it more.
  • The lily of the valley conference- Is when I found out the writers hated Ash I mean even if Ash beat Latios who was next? Zapdos? Regigigas? Cresselia? Heatran I mean I saw a Heatran there SMDH!
  • Unova League- I never saw this league because after Ash beat Burgh I didn't have it in me to look at it anymore, but i'm told it was the worst Also the shortest. People on youtube comment Axew wasted an episode and Ash lost to someone apparently so stupid he only brung 5 pokemon to a 6 on 6 and humiliated Ash. I also heard he forgot he had to register at the league and Ash doomed himself by helping him enter, did that really happen?

SuchADamnLady369 said:
  • Unova League- I never saw this league because after Ash beat Burgh I didn't have it in me to look at it anymore, but i'm told it was the worst Also the shortest. People on youtube comment Axew wasted an episode and Ash lost to someone apparently so stupid he only brung 5 pokemon to a 6 on 6 and humiliated Ash. I also heard he forgot he had to register at the league and Ash doomed himself by helping him enter, did that really happen?

Yes. This is why I made the topic in the first place, because Ash seems to be getting worse and worse, so I'm interested to see how he can get more awful.

BTW, you don't have to /list every time you make a point.

Blob55 said:
SuchADamnLady369 said:

Yes. This is why I made the topic in the first place, because Ash seems to be getting worse and worse, so I'm interested to see how he can get more awful.

BTW, you don't have to /list every time you make a point.

I haven't seen the Unova League yet, but I read it all. But I have to say, the Semi-final Frontier episode was pretty awesome, but I felt annoyed that Ash came so darn close. He had the right strategy to use Pokémon from previous regions, yet it still wasn't enough against a Darkrai and a Latios. All I can say is that it's just not fair to keep fans hanging in there with high hopes and then ruin those hopes completely.

Although I do not watch the anime anymore I think it's time for Ash to finally win (or at least 2nd place) Maybe Charizard mega envolves to save the day?

Inb4 Ash looses because he sends out Pikachu against an Earthquake abusing Tyrantrum

Back