Five New EX Boxes in the Fall!

Mega Latios can have it's own collection/box when Mega Latias actually, you know, gets released. Not saying it doesn't deserve the honor but where's the love for Latias and Mega Latias?

Put it this way, I don't mind either Lati having chance to get the fancy dynamic figure/ jumbo promo bigger box collection when it did after Mega Rakewon in conjunction with it's rightful representing set. Except it didn't =P and instead of having the then brand newly released pokemon that should have been on the cover of all the merchandise at the time (like the Ancient Origins Pin Packs which I'm still mad about Mega Ray taking over Hoopa Unbound) we got the wrong pokemon covering over at the completely wrong time during Hoopa's (somewhat dissapointing) time to spotlight. It seems overall that TPCi have improved with promoting Volcanion this time around even if Volcanion does not be the one to get the big box collection breakthrough because of other contenders like Magearna and hell, even shining Mega Steelix. Besides with Hoopa Unbound I do have that same Latias withdrawal feel towards Alakazam EX, however I do question still if Zygarde had to be featured in the box collection glory was the really at the perfect time or overtaking anxiety issuses that innapropiately come with my darling line... :/

Look, I liked this Gen 1 pushing back when it was new, but now it's stale. Get it over with already. We don't need more Charizards.

On the other hand, we're getting a Mewtwo EX, so I guess that's okay.
Tbf, we've got like 7 Mewtwo-related EXes and 2 non-Ex Mewtwo in the past year as well.

ANOTHER Charizard/useless reprint... Why can't we get shaymin, the expensive ones, so they can have a price drop and more people can enjoy the game? Pokemon Company GET A CLUE!

As said before this will be an expensive month...do we know what series the tins will have for the booster packs?

ANOTHER Charizard/useless reprint... Why can't we get shaymin, the expensive ones, so they can have a price drop and more people can enjoy the game? Pokemon Company GET A CLUE!
Because, you know, they make money with that.

Of course they do, but they could've made a lot more if they reprinted them. Other Trading Card Game Companies, follow this technique and make a lot more money. Also they have a bigger fanbase, which is increasing because of that. The game's purpose is fun. If you limit the options of the player, thus making him unable to get the necessary cards for max fun, then what's the purpose? Money can be made with quantity/big supply.

The thing about Pokemon as a TCG as that's not the primary game/product their selling. They can have as much success with selling product based on popularity/collectors first rather then solely the TCG. We get really lucky at times when a Tin Line has all of them as REALLY good cards such as the Mewtwo/Darkrai/Rayquaza line. There's a reason I really try to sell people on the Arena Decks because they're a great product gameplay wise and need to keep going.

Another thing is the odd rotation system based on set symbols for the cards as if they reprint that Shaymin EX now it would be in standard far longer then it would have earlier as it would most likely have a Star Promo symbol instead of Roaring Skies. They've found a good loop hole with the Battle Arena Decks as they have reprints of older cards without having to making them Standard.

As for them splitting the set releases I doubt the first three will have Evolution packs I was thinking they were going to have those in there but that's before the set's official release. Unless they want to explain for a month why you can't use your Evolution cards in tournaments.

Pokemon company makes nothing off of the secondary market, so when you see people selling a shaymin all the profit goes to them. The pokemon company makes very little off the shaymin boom because they sell the booster boxes for the same price, but second hand sellers mark up the price to make the extra off demand. If pokemon company made a shaymin tin they would make all profit towards the sale of that tin, which would be all profit to them instead of the second party seller

Looks like I'll be skipping these boxes. Don't really care for the jumbos.

Also surprised they aren't also releasing Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y boxes....:p

Last edited:
Hey, didn't they used to release tins with figures during the BW era? And now they stopped doing that suddenly?

There were indeed some tins that were released with figures inside in the BW era. At some point, they decided to switch to boxes in an effort to waste tonnes of plastic and use up a lot of space.

All this new sun on stuff and these boxes are making me excited! My b-day I also like after every one of those release and my grandad spoils me :p

You should expect M Garchomp EX and M Salamence EX boxes (with playmats and other stuff), also M Venusaur and M Blastoise (just pin).

There was already a Charizard EX box in the early XY era anyways!

Complete crap news with nothing invigorating at all. Dissapointing on all levels too on what was drought inducingly dry of an announcement in the first place, let alone the remaining fact there still hasn't been a Kangaskhan figure since the original 1998 C.G.T.S.J Tomy/Audley line.

Back