Five New EX Boxes in the Fall!

I wonder if the Kangaskhan box will come with a Spirit Link. It seems odd it gets a reprint and not the mega. Maybe that will be there as well.

Maybe they just have a lot of products they need to get out of the way before Sun and Moon TCG takes over

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw, "Five EX boxes this fall" and a picture of what I thought was Mega Kangaskhan, and the figure part too.

Look, I liked this Gen 1 pushing back when it was new, but now it's stale. Get it over with already. We don't need more Charizards.

On the other hand, we're getting a Mewtwo EX, so I guess that's okay.

@Water Pokémon Master
"Since Dragonite-EX is in Evolutions, the one included in these boxes should be an alternate art reprint from the set.
It could be a reprint of Dragonite-EX from Furious Fists.
Although I would prefer if these were reprints with the templates from Evolutions.

Edit: Greninja'd

Look, I liked this Gen 1 pushing back when it was new, but now it's stale. Get it over with already. We don't need more Charizards.

We got SIX different Mewtwo EX in one set. That's also not their Megas. If we count the Link there's Eleven different Mewtwo cards in a single set.

Pokemon will always print the Popular Pokemon to sell to the casual TCG crowd bu hardcore for those Pokemon. At this point though I've been picky on what other product I'm getting this year. I'll most likely skip these as I want to buy the Battle Arena Decks and Mega Beedrill Collections. Unless one of them is REALLY good.

Well, I think we found where we're getting that Photon Wave Mewtwo promo from Japan...And possibly that Japanese artbook Charizard?

But wow, even more products coming out. We have the Battle Heart tins, the 3 Birds decks, the Generations ETB and the Super Collection, these five boxes, the Ray/Keldeo decks, the Pikachu GEN Box, Garchomp, Salamence, and Beedrill collections, and the last mythical collections..plus whatever comes out before Sun and Moon base. They're going absolutely crazy with these products. I guess I can understand it, being the 20th anniversary and all.

The only thing that makes sense is that Japan had that premium champion box released, so we are pretty much a set behind, now we are playing major catch up. So far we have only four cards printed in English from that set, now they are releasing all these reprinted cards from that set, to not have an extra large set in evolutions. Only a theory, but makes sense in my mind.

Last edited:
Gengar gets another 2 years to try being the meta. Good on him! Hopefully it will be some wicked looking full art promo (Kinda like the Stoke Charizard reprint in Japan)

We don't need any more Mewtwo's either. Both numbers for Charizard and Mewtwo have been rather unnecessary this year.

Are we even sure these cards will be standard legal?

Well that explains how Shiny M Gengar EX will be in play, if the older one isn't reprinted in Evolutions.

Back