Five New EX Boxes in the Fall!

Bulbakool said:
Actually, doesn't mewtwo ex have new art?

Yeah, but it's still yet another Mewtwo card, and the rest are still reprints. Plus, it's not even the good Mewtwo.

We've got pictures for the other two boxes now as well! Refresh the article to check them out. :3

I definitely will be getting the Gengar Ex box and that collectors chest that comes with SHINY MEGA GENGAR EX!!!!
YEEEHAAW!

Nobody here think that Dragonite-EX from FFI with Ninja Boy can be great? A Volcanion/Xerneas deck in 1 turn has 3 energy in game. If you play with max elixir, 4 or 5... in the next turn you put a Dragonite in game, he absorb all basic energy to him, turns into the active and then you play ninja boy. Voilá, T2 and you have a heavy energy atacker in play, like Entei, I don't know... maaaaaaybe you can use this to acelerate this M-Charizards with 666 energy cost to atack (?).

This Mewtwo card must be the 18th just in the XY era...

Last edited:
But it's the Full Art one. Haha
But it's the non-full art version with a weird super-close up charizard face, and I really don't like that one, personally. The other one from flashfire with the more stylized artwork and green on it would have made a lovely jumbo card, at least. It seems to have better attacks than this one, as well.

why bother putting some alt art on those cards, lets just trhow the original and boring art, they will never know

They would have to be promos as if they were just reprints, the ones from rotated sets would not be playable in standard. Box sets normally have promo cards.

That's generally (I actually can't think of any exceptions to this) only true if they have different art to the card they're being reprinted from. These Kangaskhan, Gengar, Dragonite and Charizard cards have the same art. (I believe the Mewtwo is an art Japan has previously gotten that we have not, however, so that will likely be a new promo. Though it's also the only one of the five that's still in rotation anyway.)

Does it mean that they're XY Promos or just a part of the set that becomes a promo in a box?

I AM STILL WAITING FOR A VOLCARONA-EX!!!!!!

*froths maniacally*

No seriously, WHY is Volcarona so neglected? Can you think of even one "pivotal" Pokémon from a video game's story that still haven't received an EX, full art, or even a card that is remotely playable?

I AM STILL WAITING FOR A VOLCARONA-EX!!!!!!

*froths maniacally*

No seriously, WHY is Volcarona so neglected? Can you think of even one "pivotal" Pokémon from a video game's story that still haven't received an EX, full art, or even a card that is remotely playable?

I feel the same way with Milotic.

That old one doesn't count. Shush.

These aren't actually going to be new numbered Promos right? They're just straight up reprints?
If that were to happen, then there would literally be no point of these boxes. But if they do appear as promos, then that means we'll have all the previous EX cards before the new standard formation in this season's standard. And there's a new Shiny Gengar EX promo in the next treasure tin so that means Gengar was needed if you wanted to play the new Shiny Gengar EX. But they're still pretty bad.

So whats the real and legit reason for making 5 boxs that will cost 100$+ to get in stores?

why not print and release more things the USA and rest of world didnt get like those canceled BW Era Promos just change the cards layout and your good to go. :)

Back