• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

EmZone (Magnezone Prime/Emboar) HGSS on

corabed

Consistency is Key
Here is number 1 of 8 of my HG/SS lists:

~Pokemon-17~
3-3-3 Magnezone Prime (TR)
2-2-2 Emboar (BW)(Inferno Fandango) Tepig:15/114 Pignite:#17/114
2 Reshiram (BW)
1-1 Dodrio (UD)

~T/S/S-23~
4 Rare Candy
3 Professor Elms...
2 Interviewers Questions
2 Judge
2 PONT
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Twins
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Switch

~Energy-20~
5{L}
15{R}

Strategy:
Hopefully start with Reshiram and sweep.
If not:
Use Emboar to drop energy onto Magnezone Prime.
Lost Burn with Magnezone Prime for 50x every energy you put into the Lost Zone.

Thanks for any help :D

Edits:
-3 Energy Exchanger
-2 PONT
-2 Shuckle Promo
-1-1 Zoroark
-1-1 Lanturn Prime
-1-1 Electrode Prime

+2 Judge
+2 Reshiram
+1-1 Zoroark (Not in any more!)
+1-1 Lanturn Prime (Not in anymore!)
+1-1 Electrode Prime (Not in anymore!)
+1-1 Dodrio
+1 (Can't remember what it is... Whoops!)
Yey, I got 6-4 at the tornament and came 6th.
All loses were from Donks so I'm adding 1 more Pokemon Collector.
Donphan kills!

Ideas:
1-0-1 Ampharos Prime~Emboar Counter.
1/2 Sets of Rayquazza Deoxys Legend.
2/3 Energy Retrieavel~In case of retreat or to easily reuse Blue Flame.
Would any of these work? Please give opinions!

LOL? 1 Collector? In a Stage 2 deck?

I don't know but what if you face Donphan? You are going to be killed. So I recommend a Water type like Kingdra Prime, because of his PokePower and his fast attack.

i run a deck similar to this but it it md on at the moment....
let me say shuckle is un needed we have all the draw we need in magnezone.. next things is you need a starter smeargle will be best in this format so I would say add 3 in my list I run 1 reshiram and i love it but thats preference (helps with donphan as well).. you also dont need 4 interviewers 2 is plenty at most...i also feel exchanger is not need since once we get going the deck runs so fast we have no problem getting the energy and go through the deck quick....in any stage 2 twins is a must because you will most likely get down a prize during set up unless you have a god hand.
judge is also vital for disruption plus we can draw more anyway with zone
so in conclusion...
-2 shuckle
-2 interviewers
-2 energy exchanger
-2 oaks new theory
-1 elms
-3 fire
-1 switch
-1 rare candy
+3 smeargle col/ud
+2 judge
+1 reshiram
+2 twins
+1 pokemon communication
+2 rescue energy
+1 collector
+2 super scoop up
hope this helped

@wang zitong
Stage 2 decks have basics as well you know.

@jgreen
Thanks i'll consider your suggestions. Shuckle was just filler untill I found a starter.

I'll edit on Friday if I get the cards, or on Sunday when I can put Proxies back in.

corabed.....he's laughing at the 1 collector because hgss-on collector honestly should be maxed out.....consistency.

Oh... I knew that... I don't have any more anyway. I don't think it needs anymore really.

You NEED 3-4 collector TBH. HS-On, you need to search out your tepig, magnemites and shuckle FAST!

shuckle is not very good in this deck. You have magnezone for draw power. Also, in this slower format, you NEED a starter when running five stage 2s. Cleffa HGSS is the best. Max them out at 4.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.

@GHJamesGH
I tried Cleffa but it really doesn't work.

I will probally put Smeargle UD/COL in on Saturday/Sunday. Good or Bad?

Try running just 1-2 Cleffa instead of using it as a starter. It's won me games.

Smeargle helps a little just because there's not a better starter out there :/

No way you need Energy Exchanger; you have no special Energy.

-3 Energy Exchanger

-1 Professor Oak's New Theory
-1 Rare Candy
-1 Interviewer's Questions
+1 Unown R (Helps with Shuckle)
+1 - 1 Blissey Prime (Works well after removing Energy from Lost Burn)

-3 Professor Oak's New Theory
+3 Judge (Magnezone Prime, but you disrupt as well)

+3 Pokemon Collector (This is an absolute necessity)

Thanks evryone i'll update on Saturday because I have a tornamet coming up.

@ Tyraniking
Cleffa really doesn't work.

@Pokemunklys
I don't think Blissey Prime would work because I don't Lost Burn from
Magnezone, I Lost Burn from Shuckle/Emboar.
But Judge... now thats an idea!!!

why has no one talked about the need for a donphan/machamp counter of any kind? it takes 4 energy in the lost zone a turn to kill one donphan (machamp isnt as bad to kill but since it kills you so fast I think you need something for it in the deck) and donphan only needs a plus power or to be loaded with energies to kill a zone... and machamp will just punch you in the face everyturn once it is set up

why not try RDL you have the energies it uses and it can nab you two prizes late game or in 30+3 format if they dont have a way to kill it right back next turn

i used to run gatr zone so gatr was my donphan counter but the reason i switched was emboar makes this deck so much faster since you can attach that fire to ANY pokemon instead of gatrs just water... the thing with machamp is it is a slower set up and magnezone is the fastest stage 2 period...so they one shot us and with a rescue energy and a magnemite on the bench will one shot them right back and when you one shot their machamp prime they scramble...now for donphan i would suggest a reshiram because it has the possibility to one shot a donphan and if it hits back reshiram can outrage for the kill instead of wasting energy...also using resh for those easy prizes helps you save energy from the lost zone and can either fisherman or retrieval back for the big hits

corabed said:
Thanks evryone i'll update on Saturday because I have a tornamet coming up.

@ Tyraniking
Cleffa really doesn't work.

Reasoning behind that sir? Saying you tried it and it doesn't work can leave open a lot of thoughts. Maybe you tried it in a game you didn't need it. Maybe you tried it in a game where you were battling a noob. Maybe you only tried it in one game and made your decision. IDK man, it's hard to believe it "really doesn't work" when I've played it, other good players have played it, other good players write ARTICLES saying it's good, and it's been succesful. I play it in Reuniclus, when it's really hard to stack damage on it, and I STILL refuse to take it out.

I think this Deck has excellent pokemon lines. Maybe a little more improvement on the trainers to set up faster would be perfect.

You'll be drawing a lot of cards each turn. Possibly unbelievably a lot... =)) very nice. :) It's like these pokemon were made for each other =))

@ AzZona
Whats RDL?

@jgreen
Reshiram can't one hit Donphan because of Donphans PokeBodie. But I could use Reshiram if it goes to Sudden Death...

@Tyraniking
OK, OK. Cleffa is a good card, but, I personally don't like it.

@lee_sonny

Thanks everyone for the help, has any got more suggestions?

i meant it has the possibility with plus power and can take a hit or just use outrage..but honestly resh works great early or late game when you dont want to lost zone 3 energy for 110 or 120 and dont have pluspower and that gives the opportunity to re use the energy via retrieval/fisherman imo is a beast in this deck... and seeing that we lose azelf i would suggest alph 4...once u update your list i could suggest what to take out...hope this helps

Back