'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Oct 19, 2015.

1. NinjaBem Aspiring Trainer
    NinjaBem

Wait, is that supposed to be Misty from years ago? Just older?

2. TokenDuelist VGC Professor
    TokenDuelist

Skyla isn't even sexualized in this full-art.

It's the players who are doing that. The players are the ones who need to calm down because you're gonna get good art canned if every single time you all overreact to seeing a full art of a girl. You all scream "SEXUALIZED" whenever you take a look at a female getting a full art. Because for some insane, ridiculous reason: Ya'll have never seen a woman before.

People did it when they saw the FA Juniper, people did it when they saw the FA Bianca, people did that for the very first Skyla FA, you all did it for Teammates even!

It's cute art, that's all there is...just....cripes you all need to get off a computer.

I'm excited for this, but sadly Skyla's price is going to be unjustly high.

Looking at all these rares... I'm not sure I want to even risk going to a prerelease. But I am glad there aren't any unjustly bumped rarities.

Athena, Javi Blizz, Zygarde and 4 others like this.
  3. Lostlorn Forest Sinnoh is the best region
    Lostlorn Forest

I fail to see anything remotely sexual about it. She's stretching. If you think the winking could be looked at as that, you'd call that "suggestive", not sexual.

4. treyh37 Watcher of Thorns
    treyh37

sigh was hoping hypno would stay uncommon like ariados

5. gumball51321 Scotty Chesser
    gumball51321

That's a very fair point.

6. PkmTrainerBeezus Aspiring Trainer
    PkmTrainerBeezus

no thats not what im talking about at all.

7. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

This is too contrarian for me. I don't think any of the other cards you mentioned are "sexualized," but I certainly think PCL knew exactly what they were doing when they put Skyla in this pose. I don't personally find anything wrong with her image, but let's be realistic here. They designed the card to get a reaction out of people. They're not dumb. Like ALL forms of media and entertainment, they know what sells, and they know what to play to.

8. Nickthestud aura too stronk
    Nickthestud

That Darkrai EX just screams expanded.

9. Draaka Aspiring Trainer
    Draaka

Raticate + Ariados maybe? With bats? Seems like it could be a fun play. Raticate + Laserbank in expanded. Mwahahaha

10. Electabuzz Aspiring Trainer
    Electabuzz

Scizor and Gyarados as the centre stage Megas!? That has got me on board, looking forward to collecting this one. Another Electabuzz card is on its way too, which a bonus!

If they make the next set based around M-Alakazam and M-Beedrill I'll have no money left for the rest of the 20th anniversary year! :p

11. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

12. Kecleon-X 124c41+
    Kecleon-X

The Legend of Zorua: Puzzle of Time

Walk-Off Homer just sounds like they're telling "Homer" to "walk off".

redsky22, Metalizard and Johto King like this.
  13. Leandro_Altaria Aspiring Trainer
    Leandro_Altaria

i really liked the way they translated Hypno's ability, it's such a badass phrase lol

14. LordKieta Owner of Violet CIty
    LordKieta

Walk-off Homer?

Empoleon_master likes this.
  15. Mr_Versatile123 Aspiring Trainer
    Mr_Versatile123

I love that Misty card. I hope it gets a Full Art soon, her official art in HGSS is beautiful.

16. onionsaur Aspiring Trainer
    onionsaur

When you hit a Home run so far out you throw the bat and walk off the field because you are awesome.

17. awesomeMSG Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
    awesomeMSG

Looking at the cards again, this could be a very playable set. At least more than BREAKThrough was.

18. LoveTheEspeon One Espeon to Rule them all!
    LoveTheEspeon

Question about the Splash energy. Since the card will be returning to you or your opponents hand, would you or your opponent still take prize cards?

19. onionsaur Aspiring Trainer
    onionsaur

Of course. It's still knocked out, however the cards don't get discarded.

20. awesomeMSG Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
    awesomeMSG

Yes they will because it still counts as a knock out.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?