'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

Yeah, I do wish that there was a full art Sycamore -- they've missed several chances so far. But, for the record, I'm totally fine with the Skyla at the moment.

I mean, I'm just saying.

And looking.

Saying whilst I'm looking.

The full art Ho-Oh EX and Gyrados EX look badass and I really like the looks of the regular Emboar EX and Skyla FA, so I'll have to pick up those four when the set releases

ugh i absolutely hate that full art skyla. like seriously what is with the over sexualization of the girls in pokemon??? Calm the heck down.
Yeah. Let's draw flat chested females because nobody-knows-why... Females have curves, where's the "over sexualization"? Please.

Yeah. Let's draw flat chested females because nobody-knows-why... Females have curves, where's the "over sexualization"? Please.
I didnt say draw them flat chested, I'm fully aware that females have as you put "curves" but lets not put them in such dynamic poses that are drawn to "show off" those curves. a good example of that is the full art Bridgette. The Fullart Winnona as well.
that's the least they can do to make up for not giving us fan service.
Fan service. Oh my god. No this game/show doesn't need fan service! I don't know if you know this, but the game is originally directed towards younger kids. Why would they need to put fan service of female characters in Pokemon. There is absolutely no need for fan service. If you want fan service go watch some harem anime or something or look online or fan made stuff. but leave the actual anime and game out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't like the Full Art Skyla because they already did one. And just because people talk about sexualization, I tested that theory a while back when I showed my friend(Who doesn't care about Pokémon) my FA Skyla(From BCR), and she said Skyla looked like a whore. Let's all agree that Pokémon should be more child appropriate when drawing females. It's not just cards either, remember the old manga? It was obviously intended to be drawn like that, so shouldn't they just draw more appropriate female figures if younger kids play the game? Another scampi thing TPCI did was the female customization for X and Y. You could buy bikini tops and booty shorts with holes in the front.

I just don't like the Full Art Skyla because they already did one. And just because people talk about sexualization, I tested that theory a while back when I showed my friend(Who doesn't care about Pokémon) my FA Skyla(From BCR), and she said Skyla looked like a whore. Let's all agree that Pokémon should be more child appropriate when drawing females. It's not just cards either, remember the old manga? It was obviously intended to be drawn like that, so shouldn't they just draw more appropriate female figures if younger kids play the game? Another scampi thing TPCI did was the female customization for X and Y. You could buy bikini tops and booty shorts with holes in the front.
Thank you gumball51321 this was literally all I was trying to say. Aren't these girls supposed to be like 10 as well? None of it makes sense. There is literally no reason for it. I'm not trying to be a feminist or anything and harp on women being oversexualized. I'm just stating what you've summed up, above.

To be honest, it's not that I mind TPCI sexualizing their characters, because it is THEIR characters. I'm just saying they should take more caution if they choose so.

I wouldn't really be saying anything of it if the intended audience wasn't younger kids.
To be fair, it isn't intended for younger kids anymore as it is adults. The adult fans are the only reason TPCI gives a crap about 20 years of Pokémon. And the adults are practically the only ones who know what they're doing when playing anything. That being said, a lot of teenagers and SOME times younger kids can actually understand things about the game. Example- I told my friend that Pokémon is good for your brain because of how much math it has in it, and he said:" Pokémon doesn't have any math, it's just a game". I ended up showing him the Voltorb flip game in HGSS, and taught him a math lesson. And to whoever reads this and doesn't know what I'm talking about, HGSS had a game in Goldenrod City called Voltorb Flip, which involved advanced math, as well as making calculations.

To be fair, it isn't intended for younger kids anymore as it is adults. The adult fans are the only reason TPCI gives a crap about 20 years of Pokémon. And the adults are practically the only ones who know what they're doing when playing anything. That being said, a lot of teenagers and SOME times younger kids can actually understand things about the game. Example- I told my friend that Pokémon is good for your brain because of how much math it has in it, and he said:" Pokémon doesn't have any math, it's just a game". I ended up showing him the Voltorb flip game in HGSS, and taught him a math lesson. And to whoever reads this and doesn't know what I'm talking about, HGSS had a game in Goldenrod City called Voltorb Flip, which involved advanced math, as well as making calculations.
That isnt entirely true, I attend my local pokemon league and have had the game handed to me ( meaning they won hardcore) by junior players ( me being in the masters division of the tcg) And we just had a cities tournament at my shop ( spring hill cities ) I placed 10th. But on the side i played with some of the juniors between matches for fun. These kids do know what they are doing. And math is heavily involved in counting damage counters, multiplicative damage. and yes in th HGSS game they had that whole voltorb game. A lot kids do in fact play. And yes it is true a good percentage of the players are older because they played it when they were kids, and now continue to play it.

That isnt entirely true, I attend my local pokemon league and have had the game handed to me ( meaning they won hardcore) by junior players ( me being in the masters division of the tcg) And we just had a cities tournament at my shop ( spring hill cities ) I placed 10th. But on the side i played with some of the juniors between matches for fun. These kids do know what they are doing. And math is heavily involved in counting damage counters, multiplicative damage. and yes in th HGSS game they had that whole voltorb game. A lot kids do in fact play. And yes it is true a good percentage of the players are older because they played it when they were kids, and now continue to play it.
Like I said, sometimes, younger players can be good. But that's the thing- they're good. No matter how many people play Pokémon, the simple majority will be noobies, and we're just lucky to get the good ones. I'm thirteen, and I didn't start playing competitively until this season, and I beat masters who have been playing competitively for years. I suppose it's just the matter of how good you want to be, and how much you're willing to sacrifice to become good. My original point from the last comment was that TPCI is targeting more older players than younger players now. It's actually a chain- TPCI gets kids hooked with the TV show(The only thing completely marketed to younger kids), the kids then want to buy the cards. Then they want to play the VG. That then becomes not enough so they want to play competitively, they go to a league, learn how to play, then 10 months later, boom, they start their first tournament. At least that's the way I see it.

I was sad that the Full Art Skyla wasn't in The last set where there was the normal Skyla Now that I thought about that oddity it was for the better consider how large it was.

Guess having the EX Decks and the Water Deck merged into the set is alright. Some good cards and reprints come from those.

Really? I think the artwork looks amazing! And also Ho Oh EX is world championship caliber in my opinion. Just remeber this!

Being colorless does it no favors, it means it cant ever hit for weakness, its ability would be better if it could heal anything with a fire energy and its attacks dont have any synergy with its ability.

Of all the cards, I'm most excited for the return of the Durant Mill. I wish it had slightly better HP so it wasn't such a risky play, but I think a decent deck can be pulled off. (Not overly competitive though, of course.)

Also we're finally getting that FA Skyla! I have really bad luck with FA Trainer pulls, so I might have to preorder two boxes this time...

Back