'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

PkmTrainerBeezus

Aspiring Trainer
Does this mean we will get full art professor sycamore, tierno in this set and also full art skyla? This set has increased in a lot of value wow so many water ex pokemon can't wait for the english release. Emboar looks playable with the burning energy and with the entei deck it will be crazy. I can't wait to make a garchomp garbador deck :p. Omg golden catcher coming back to the format and with golduck break + max potion you can make mega gyarados act like mega gardevoir lol
We neeeed a full art Sycamore. He deserves it. ugh i absolutely hate that full art skyla. like seriously what is with the over sexualization of the girls in pokemon??? Calm the heck down.

BlazeRedCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
PkmTrainerBeezus said:
ugh i absolutely hate that full art skyla. like seriously what is with the over sexualization of the girls in pokemon??? Calm the heck down.
that's the least they can do to make up for not giving us fan service.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Absolutely love that full art Skyla, she's so cool and sexy! :D

Also, nice set, quite interesting! (And Pokémon Catcher still exists? LOL)

theminelander

Aspiring Trainer
This set looks awesome. So hyped for the prints we're getting.
If XY11 isn't a Zygarde set, I'm rage quitting. It would be so cool to get a Z set, and if it happens, they could include M Mewtwo Z and M Charizard Z. Oh well, a fan can dream.

Here lies the anime design of Misty
"She was replaced with a better design."
1996-2009
"Got printed in the 20th anniversary."

arulz

THE SEEKER
Why does everyone think those trainers are going to be secret rare? They're in the regular trainers slots in the set list :p

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Potion is such a wasted slot. Potion has been in every Trainer Kit, and will likely be in the upcoming one. (And the Lati Trainer Kit'll probably remain in-format, too...) Tierno quite probably will be, too. I'm fine with Great Ball, since it hasn't been printed since XY and due to its nature, it's not very suitable for a Trainer Kit. (It goes through a huge number of cards for a half-deck, and it shuffles the deck.) Surprised Shauna isn't here. Not terribly surprised VS Seeker isn't. It makes some sense for them to split up Sycamore and VS Seeker, since they're both highly desirable.

Also, holy crap, we got All-Night Party. Did NOT expect to see that outside Japan, ever.

Bolly

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Darkrai Muscle band Hypno All night party deck
That garchomp seems strong too

Zainnulabdinn

Aspiring Trainer
Btw that sycamore and tierno isnt fa :( check the picture given in the start they are just common cards not red stars only skyla is red star fa trainer

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
No Emboar or Togekiss full art? Bummer. They shouldn't have reprinted a full art trainer. They should have just made a new full art like Tierno which is a really good supporter card and a full art would look really cool in decks. Also the Skyla full art is just cheesy
Im still mad because of how bad they messed up Ho-Oh EX.
How did they mess him up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyora

A Cat
Hmmm.. I actually like that gible. It's Fighting Type allows you to attach a Focus Sash to it and you could be discarding things like night March or special energy from you hand with it, and then drawing 2 more cards. I think I'm going to play it! I like the art too!

After realizing that MAX POTION IS BACK BABBY, I want to play my old fairy deck again.

jigglysama

Aspiring Trainer
Round Tympole? It will surely make Round Seismitoad deck more interesting in Expanded. Even 4 Tympole and 4 Meloetta EX (with Skyfield in play) can do 80 damage. Not bad for a common.

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Next we know, FA Professor Sycamore along with Brock in Awakening of Psychic Kings and smaybe Muscle band reprint (REALLY hoping for that, even if it's a secret rare, I'm willing to pay about $100 for 1)

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
The fact Max Potion is back in rotation worries me, since one of the guys at my locals was thinking of building Wailord once this set came out. Now he has all the more reason to do it...

That said, another Full Art Trainer to go into my deck!

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I called the Full art Skyla. OMFG, Arcanine! When I win the World Championship with an Arcanine deck, don't be surprised. Rather happy for Max Potion, Misty, and Psychic Reader. About time we get decent draw Supporters.
The fact Max Potion is back in rotation worries me, since one of the guys at my locals was thinking of building Wailord once this set came out. Now he has all the more reason to do it...

That said, another Full Art Trainer to go into my deck!
Can't you just use the BCR Skyla?

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
I continue to agree with the confusion/distress/annoyance over there still not being a FA Professor Sycamore (I would also add Tierno and Shauna to that, since Cherren and Bianca got the FA treatment). I think what bothers me most about it is that Fossil Researcher got a FA card...and it has such incredibly limited use...