80+ 'Furious Fists' Scans, More on the Way! [7/16]

Tyrantrum is the dark horse of this set.
1. 150 damage without any aids
2. With Switch and escape rope you can do it everyone turn
3. If they have special energy which most decks use you can do 150 every turn
4. Not and EX so if it is knocked out it is only one price
5. Benefits from new fighting support
6.With Fossil Researcher you can get it out even quicker.

I want to make a Slaking deck for the sole purpose of telling my opponent each turn that he is gonna get a Knuckle Sandwich!

Mr.Muffin said:
Tyrantrum is the dark horse of this set.
1. 150 damage without any aids
2. With Switch and escape rope you can do it everyone turn
3. If they have special energy which most decks use you can do 150 every turn
4. Not and EX so if it is knocked out it is only one price
5. Benefits from new fighting support
6.With Fossil Researcher you can get it out even quicker.

I was thinking something similar, but Milotic from Flashfire may be a good partner for this Tyrantrum: you give up a prize, but with Energy Grace along with 1 attach you can fully power up Tyrantrum without having to use Landorus to accelerate energy every turn. Might be worthwhile considering how easy it seems to bring out.

Personally, I really like where the Poliwag line is going, and Poliwhirl itself actually seems to be pretty good as long as Politoed is on the bench. 100 damage for no energy always sounds good, especially from a Stage 1.

Tyrantrum covers for Lucario EX's Psychic Weakness nicely against Mewtwo EX which usually needs DCE to use X-Ball and Tyrantrum's Chew Up attack does an easy 170 with Muscle Band attached or 180 with Silver Bangle attached which is enough to knock out most Basic EX's. Added to the fact that you can get Tyrantrum's out the wazoo with Evosoda without needing Jaw Fossil is great as well not to mention that Lucario EX provides amazing drawpower with Corkscrew Smash without having to rely so much on draw supporters and Tropical Beach is another plus. Unless Tyrantrum/Lucario runs Pyroar for Intimidating Mane I see it having an unfavorable matchup against VirGen and Yeti due to Virizion EX and Deoxys EX.

Poliwrath/Politoed seems like a fun idea for a no-energy deck. Migth be hard to pull out, but I will be sure to give it a try. -w-

ForeignDude said:
Ivysaurman said:
WHY MUST I GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY RIGHT BEFORE PRERELEASES! GAH!!

And, before you get any ideas, the country is Ireland

Ireand's got Pokemon leagues.

Not an option when the closest one is a 3 and a half hour drive away. Also, I don't want leagues. I want PRERELEASES EOI FUBVEYFUVGBOIDFUGBCLDIUFGBCLKIRUYBDLIFB

im sorry plz dont ban me

also you misspelled Ireland.

I was thinking Tyrantrum/Landorus/Garbodor is what I really want to test. You start with landuros to get the energy moving then you set up your garbodor to stop VirGen and other decks like it then you wreck stuff with Tyrantrum.

Fairy has been getting more and more support every set. Maybe next set I would consider using a fairy deck.

Sheriff_K said:
This set looks amazing, super excited! ^.^

I can't wait to try my hand at a Machamp Deck. Slaking, Noivern, Politoed, Eevee, Victreebel, Blaziken, Magmortar, Hypno, Pancham, Klefki, Dragonite-EX, Machamp, Lucario[-EX], all look super interesting.

What are good Pyschic Pokes to use against all this plethora of Fighting Types? :p
Gengar when it comes out.

darkanine87 said:
Sheriff_K said:
This set looks amazing, super excited! ^.^

I can't wait to try my hand at a Machamp Deck. Slaking, Noivern, Politoed, Eevee, Victreebel, Blaziken, Magmortar, Hypno, Pancham, Klefki, Dragonite-EX, Machamp, Lucario[-EX], all look super interesting.

What are good Pyschic Pokes to use against all this plethora of Fighting Types? :p
Gengar when it comes out.
Or maybe Mewtwo, Toxicroak or Deoxys

I can't wait for these to come out on playtcg. Landorus/Machamp seems like it could be the next big deck. 4 Korina will be a must in those decks.

pokedan24 said:
I can't wait for these to come out on playtcg. Landorus/Machamp seems like it could be the next big deck. 4 Korina will be a must in those decks.

I've proxied a deck like this (lucario, machamp landorus) and Korinna makes it very easy to get machamp out! I can always get at least 2 within the first couple of turns and I'm able to maintain 3 so far in my tests! :)

NotSeen said:
froggy025 said:
But I laughed at Focus Sash :
"So, your HP became 10... Yeah right, Hypnotoxic Laser."

*cough*YeahRightSparklingRobe*cough*

Can't use both at the same time though, so they're right that the 10 poison damage would finish the job.

ShadowMoses05 said:
NotSeen said:
*cough*YeahRightSparklingRobe*cough*

Can't use both at the same time though, so they're right that the 10 poison damage would finish the job.

People are slowly moving away from hypnotoxic laser I feel like. Granted plenty of decks will play the laserbank combo... But more and more decks are cutting it in favor of other damage boosting things and different stadiums. But we will see.

Just throw down a prism and a Virizion and then you don't die ;)

pokedan24 said:

Actually, I've been doing some testing, and Machamp really isn't too necessary in the deck. It's pretty easy to get high damage output (100 damage + 20 from muscle band + 20/40/60 from strong energy + 20 From fighting stadium + 10 from Hypnotoxic Laser = KO, or 60 damage + 20 from muscle band + 20/40 from Strong Energy + 20 From Fighting Stadium + previous damage from Landorus EX or other Lucario Attack = KO)

Dragonite EX is probably my favorite card. DragoniteEX/Altaria would be a deck worth trying.

Ivysaurman said:
pokedan24 said:

Actually, I've been doing some testing, and Machamp really isn't too necessary in the deck. It's pretty easy to get high damage output (100 damage + 20 from muscle band + 20/40/60 from strong energy + 20 From fighting stadium + 10 from Hypnotoxic Laser = KO, or 60 damage + 20 from muscle band + 20/40 from Strong Energy + 20 From Fighting Stadium + previous damage from Landorus EX or other Lucario Attack = KO)

Yeah, a lucario deck doesn't need Machamp (especially if you're playing the mega), but I think there could be other decks that could use Machamp. There are a lot of one energy fighting attackers (Hawlucha, Stunfisk, Landorus, and Dugtrio) that could benefit from both Machamp AND Strong energy (and that's not even counting tool power ups and the new stadium card) You could do such ridiculous damage for just an energy. Like with plasma decks, you could alternate between hitting for cheap damage and powering up a big attack (Machamp or Landorus) to clean house.

In my opinion, the only cards I'd like to get in a Prerelease are the Fairies (For my Fairy Collection), Dedenne, Gothitelle, Mountain Ring, 4x Eevee, Training Center and Sparkle Robe, Maybe a 1-1 Raichu because Raichu has been one of my favorites since Gen 1

Back