80+ 'Furious Fists' Scans, More on the Way! [7/16]

This whole set is going to be amazing! Fighting and water are two out of my three favorite types so this set is perfect for me. I can't wait to go my local pre-release on the second, and then the set officially drops on my birthday! Haha what an awesome birthday I'll have this year :)

I'm most looking forward to the new Hitmonchan, Landorus and Tornadus. Tornadus for the artwork (he looks insane!!). The new Pikachu and Raichu are great I hope I can get them or trade for them early on.

Other than that I would honestly be happy with pulling any cards from the set, they're all wonderful.

Any ideas, what could contain next set?
I'd be glad, if we got new Krabby line (or at least Crophish), although I assume, it is impossible, when we just got another Crustacean in Furious Fists (Clauncher line).
It'd be great, if we also get new Finneon line cards – I didn't see that guy for a couple of years.
New Spearow would be something under average, but still… last one was in Unleashed or Undaunted (not sure).
Venonat such as representant for ectognatha, then maybe Clamperl line, Nosepass, Burmy with all of its alternate evolutions and Ferroseed.
I'm curious, what turns to be true.

NotSeen said:
Any ideas, what could contain next set?
I'd be glad, if we got new Krabby line (or at least Crophish), although I assume, it is impossible, when we just got another Crustacean in Furious Fists (Clauncher line).
It'd be great, if we also get new Finneon line cards – I didn't see that guy for a couple of years.
New Spearow would be something under average, but still… last one was in Unleashed or Undaunted (not sure).
Venonat such as representant for ectognatha, then maybe Clamperl line, Nosepass, Burmy with all of its alternate evolutions and Ferroseed.
I'm curious, what turns to be true.

Seeing as it focuses on the psychic (ghost) types, I would imagine a lot of ghost/psychic/poison types to appear. I would personally like to see psychic versions of Froslass (Snorunt line), the Frillish line, the Honedge line (I don't think it's happening seeing as an Aegislash EX also arrives along the set) and the Inkay line.

Others I'd like to see is: the Hippopotas line, Girafarig, the Finneon line (which haven't had a new card since Stormfront :O ) and Fairy versions of the Cottonee line :)

When I now looked back on the Furious Fists scans, I noticed one thing: There's no steel type card in this set! What a shame… 'though I don't like much steel types (except for Scizor, which looks awesome, especially on the card from Undaunted (the non-PRIME one; and maybe Bisharp), it's an unexpected surprise.
steffenka said:
Seeing as it focuses on the psychic (ghost) types, I would imagine a lot of ghost/psychic/poison types to appear. I would personally like to see psychic versions of Froslass (Snorunt line), the Frillish line, the Honedge line (I don't think it's happening seeing as an Aegislash EX also arrives along the set) and the Inkay line.

Others I'd like to see is: the Hippopotas line, Girafarig, the Finneon line (which haven't had a new card since Stormfront :O ) and Fairy versions of the Cottonee line
I don't think we see a new Honedge line (with the exception of an Aegislash EX). It's not so long when the first Honedge line spotted the light. The same for Inkay.
I like jellyfishes in Pokémon, so I'd appreciate new Tentacool and/or Frillish. With Malamar's in one deck… Jellyfish revenge or something :)
Btw., although the next set will focus on Psychic/Ghost, I don't see the reason to have incredible amount of psychic/ghost/posion monsters in it. Furious Fists introduce(d) only 5 complete pure-fighting type lines (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop is 1 of them; then Machop, Tyrunt, Makuhita and Minefoo). I don't count Hawlucha and Landorus, because they're not “lines”. OK, we can get more psychic cards, but there's no reason to not getting Finneon or e.g. Spearow, especially, when we got all of the first 1st generation lines already, including Ekans, which I totally don't expected.

Another theme is the version (variants) of types: I'd like to see fighting type Scraggy-line or another fighting Sandile-line, too. But I assume, there's less the 0,5 % chance of getting them ever (even if first two Sandile-line were Fighting).
Another fighting version of Golett-line would be also great and I won't mind even the steel-type Beldum-line or psychic Starmie or Litwick-line or fighting Croagunk-line.

On the other hand, I don't like Girafarig, not the Smeargle or Stantler, so I don't mind if I don't see them in a couple of next sets.

I can't wait to see new psychic/ghost types either in the next set, although I really want Gengar! (Surprise!)

I'll be very content with furious fists though until the new new psychic/ghost set comes out. I've been looking forward to furious fists for a while and I will enjoy it very much for a while!

I'm really happy with the XY set as a whole so far and it seems to keep getting better. So I can't wait for furious fists!!

Water Pokémon Master (or whoever else can posts news in main page), I'd like to ask you something: Can you replace the reverse-foli scans for normal one versions? And if you replace that Victreebel scan with one with a better quality, it'd be also welcome. Anyway, glad, that all the english scans are now up.

Thinking that this set could be my very first booster box, given that the EU shipping seems to be starting a couple of days before my birthday. As a collector more than a player, the set definitely appeals to me on the artwork side of things, especially some of the FAs.

WhySoCarefree said:
Thinking that this set could be my very first booster box, given that the EU shipping seems to be starting a couple of days before my birthday. As a collector more than a player, the set definitely appeals to me on the artwork side of things, especially some of the FAs.

I went to my local prerelease for this set and let me tell you, as a collecter you will love these cards, the artwork is fantastic on every card! Aside from a few EX's and FA's I've nearly collected the entire set already :) and the artwork is so good I'm thinking of giving this set it's own seperate binder in my collection. I don't think you can go wrong with a box from this set if you already love the artwork, you'll be very happy. Good luck!

WhySoCarefree said:

Trust me, if you think the images of the cards on Pokebeach look good, just stare at one in person. Hawlucha-EX has some of the best EX artwork ever released, PERIOD. Also, you will get probably around six to eight Ultra Rares and Secret Rares in a booster box. Everyone at the Prerelease I was at for this set ended up getting at least 1 Ultra Rare or Secret Rare, plus several holos. I got 2 :D Hawlucha-EX and FA Heracross.

NotSeen said:
Water Pokémon Master (or whoever else can posts news in main page), I'd like to ask you something: Can you replace the reverse-foli scans for normal one versions? And if you replace that Victreebel scan with one with a better quality, it'd be also welcome. Anyway, glad, that all the english scans are now up.

It's based on what photos/scans they recieve of each card so if they dont have the stanndard holo for the Victreebel for example, they wont be able to use it :(

WhySoCarefree said:

After attending 2 pre-releases over the weekend, I really would reccommend you do because the art on these cards is fantastic. The foil on the Holos are nice, the EXs look amazing and the Megas too. Definitely the best looking set in a while in my opinion!

~ Jack, OmniPoke

OmniPoke: Of course, but due to the fact, that pre-release officially already took place, I assume, there's no possibility of not getting all versions of all cards, that's why I asked WPM (or anyone else responsible) to replace them… I personally downloaded each and every scan from the oldest expansions to the newest (except for Skyridge, Aquapolis and Expedition) from PokéBeach including all Promos I'm interested in (from another sites, because they aren't obtainable here on pokéBeach) beause of my need of prooves and another reasons, but I'd like to have all scans in the same quality/version (that means classic, non-reverse)… I think, it's problem solved by few minutes to replace those scans, so if anyone already sent those mentioned scans, it is time to refresh the post.

Ocho said:
I went to my local prerelease for this set and let me tell you, as a collecter you will love these cards, the artwork is fantastic on every card! Aside from a few EX's and FA's I've nearly collected the entire set already :) and the artwork is so good I'm thinking of giving this set it's own seperate binder in my collection. I don't think you can go wrong with a box from this set if you already love the artwork, you'll be very happy. Good luck!

I got back into collecting with Legendary Treasures, and the XY sets have really been treating me well. The artwork is fantastic! Thanks for the advice!

GadgetJax said:
Trust me, if you think the images of the cards on Pokebeach look good, just stare at one in person. Hawlucha-EX has some of the best EX artwork ever released, PERIOD. Also, you will get probably around six to eight Ultra Rares and Secret Rares in a booster box. Everyone at the Prerelease I was at for this set ended up getting at least 1 Ultra Rare or Secret Rare, plus several holos. I got 2 :D Hawlucha-EX and FA Heracross.

I've heard and seen that the pull rates are great, so it would be perfect. That FA Lucario-EX tho. Do want.

OmniPoke said:
After attending 2 pre-releases over the weekend, I really would reccommend you do because the art on these cards is fantastic. The foil on the Holos are nice, the EXs look amazing and the Megas too. Definitely the best looking set in a while in my opinion!

~ Jack, OmniPoke

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! Think I'll definitely go for it!

Believe it or not, as awful as Holo Hawlucha looks at first glance, it's a surprisingly great tech in Garbodor/Fighting Decks, since it's a Basic Pokemon that can hit for 90 against EX's for just a Bangle and F. Energy. Not amazing, but interesting.

I like that it has the potential to OHKO a darkrai ex, thundorus EX, Jirachi EX for one energy and a abngle with garbador set up. Hawlucha also has no retreat cost so that makes the card even better in my opinion.

Yeah Hawlucha is a nice option considering the ease of setting it up! With only 4 strong energy per deck resources are limited though...

Yeah, to be honest I dont have a hawlucha in my deck that i also run garbador, I just have no cards that i could take out and the decklist is really tight as it is to try and fit it in.

Back