80+ 'Furious Fists' Scans, More on the Way! [7/16]

Judging by what we have for scans so far, it's nice to see that there arn't a lot of "Argh, why'd they make this a rare card?" type of cards. Or at least none that stood out to me so far.

Sparkling robe and mountain ring are both great cards!
I hope the super scoop up rumor becomes true!

ForeignDude said:
Judging by what we have for scans so far, it's nice to see that there arn't a lot of "Argh, why'd they make this a rare card?" type of cards. Or at least none that stood out to me so far.

I was just about to say that. This is one of my favorite sets, PERIOD. The artwork is great, the Rarities are just right, the cards are very balanced, and man, pre-releases are going to be AWESOME. Because you'll be limited to just 6 packs, it means that you'll be using a lot of Pokemon you otherwise would never even THINK of using.

Overall I like the artwork of the Full Arts and most of the cards which is more then I say for Flashfire. Of the ones shown I think the only artworks I don't like are Eevee and Flygon.

Maserati777 said:
Overall I like the artwork of the Full Arts and most of the cards which is more then I say for Flashfire. Of the ones shown I think the only artworks I don't like are Eevee and Flygon.

Oh yeah that's one freaky Eevee. But it's got a sweet ability.

ForeignDude said:
Maserati777 said:

Oh yeah that's one freaky Eevee. But it's got a sweet ability.
Idon't think the art for Eevee is freaky in my opinion lickylicky is more freaky.

Slaking's Knuckle Sandwich. I love it. :D I'm really digging this set. Looking forward to toying around with quite a few of these cards in different decks. The prerelease should be really fun.

I have to say though that I am dissapointed that we didn't get the fighting type Pangoro that was given away in Japan with this set. I so wanted it to be part of this set. I sincerely hope we either get that card as a promo card or we get it in our version of Phantom Gate.

That being said, I can't wait to see Clawtizer aka the mini Blastoise. Seems to me that would be an awesome card to include in a Blastoise/Keldeo EX type deck.

So, scans are now up, a month before actual set arise, that's pretty awesome surprise, who expected something like this?
OK, I have few comments to share with y'all:

1) Another Pikachu (and Raichu)… it seems, that the little yellow rat have to be in every second set or what. Annoying. Furthermore, the attacks are nothing special, even on a Raichu. Another version of maybe-paralyzing attack and one without any effect…they just bother us, collectors.

2) That Blaziken in combo with Blacksmith and luck to get it quickly is really destroying; maybe try that deck…

3) I'm glad my fav tadpole is back! Althought I really dislike the grass weakness. Couldn't they divide the weakness more compensately? What is now weak to lightning? Only birds and Hawlucha… unfair against water types, because of the quantity of grass-type cards (even with the little help of Aurorus, which make all water types pseudo-resistant against any typ; but that means extrem luck to get it into play…).

4) I think, Gothitelle sees some play, especially when so much stadiums will be now available… (or maybe not, but for stadium-players it seems pretty easier to get another stadiums in play in various in-play situations)

5) I thought about funny combo of Mienshao + Lopunny (Flashfire). That'd may be really frustrating for opponent to not even scratch any of that annoying 'mons.

6) I thought, too, about how Tyruntrum can be real destroyer of Strong and Herbal energies (among others). It blow 'em away even with any monster using those.

7) I'm not sure if Drapion is real so big crusher… if the attacks were revers, it would give much more sense. Firt poison, then punish.

8) Cool thing, we get the promo Pancham, too. I really like it, even if it has a really bad attack. And the other Pancham: it'd be more senseful, if the first attack were actually an Ability, similar to Inkay's.

9) Vibrava-Flygon combo has high potencial, I think.

10) And finally: This set is pretty focused against special conditions, don't you think? Sparkling Robe and even reprint of Full Heal… it seems, that someone really hates LaserBank :D (Shame, I just bought 5-3 few days ago :D)

11) Yeah, and… a bit dissapointed, that we didn't get the fairy Dedenne… we even get a Pancham, but not Dedenne? Why? *sniff*
So much for my expressions.

I don't know what the meta is or what's even played nowadays, but WOW at that Flygon. Any type of energy Rain Dance? Sounds pretty great!

Noivern looks like a giant pain. Best take it out in one hit if you don't want to play the lottery.

I am hoping fairy Dedenne will be a promo then in one of the blisters...the one pack blisters seem like a good place for it. And as I've already lamented, fighting Pangoro. I mean we got the promo Pancham for crying out loud.

SotS said:
I don't know what the meta is or what's even played nowadays, but WOW at that Flygon. Any type of energy Rain Dance? Sounds pretty great!

Noivern looks like a giant pain. Best take it out in one hit if you don't want to play the lottery.

Flygon will probably just be for mono-type decks, since you can only attach BASIC with the attack. So, as awesome as it would be in, say, a Plasma or Aromatisse deck, sorry!

As for Noivern, the Ability is Good, the Attack is Great, and since there aren't many Fairy attackers, I feel like Noivern would a fantastic pair with Dusknoir/Meowstic.

NotSeen said:
1) Another Pikachu (and Raichu)… they just bother us, collectors.

Two cards that any collector would be forced to drop ~$50+ each to import just became common and uncommon. In contrast I think the players can deal with having a few differently-colored pieces of cardboard to sell or trade away in their bulk.

Looking at Electivire, Magmortar, Golurk, Landorus, Machamp and Slaking.... PLANETA's becoming one of my favourite artists. I hope my 3D art will be as good as theirs one day ;_;
Definitely looks like the quality of this set is really really good, can't wait for the proper release!

This set looks amazing, super excited! ^.^

I can't wait to try my hand at a Machamp Deck. Slaking, Noivern, Politoed, Eevee, Victreebel, Blaziken, Magmortar, Hypno, Pancham, Klefki, Dragonite-EX, Machamp, Lucario[-EX], all look super interesting.

What are good Pyschic Pokes to use against all this plethora of Fighting Types? :p

WHY MUST I GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY RIGHT BEFORE PRERELEASES! GAH!!

And, before you get any ideas, the country is Ireland

Back