$4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart/Target?! (UPDATE: $4.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: $4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart?!

It's pathetic. I'm not buying any more packs. Got one for the heck of it and pulled junk, and $4.17 is just a little too steep. Man. I remember when cards were 99 cents.

Yeah, Target and Walmart are selling them for 4.17
well, i guess that is what we get for the EX return :)

^lucky yous

They are 4.18 at Wal-mart where I am.

The Wal-Mart closest to me just started selling packs straight out of the box so now the price went back down to $3.98. Though unfortunatly there has been people opening the packs in the sotre, stealing the good cards out of the packs and leaving the wrapper(s) and bad cards behind the box! :( :angry

RE: $4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart/Target?!

By the way, around here, I've been checking the prices--both Wal•Mart and Target are now selling them just below $5. It's $4.99 at Target and $4.97 at Wal•Mart.

I'm also seeing a lot of empty packages--that is, card theft from stores is going up. Not just Pokémon, but Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, Naruto, everything. How does your Wal•Mart afford to sell the packs straight out of the box? What does it do to prevent people from just standing in front and pocketing them?

RE: $4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart/Target?!

Yeah, when I saw the booster boxes at my job, I just thought it was a horrible idea. Like, presumably the whole reason they started selling booster packs in a plastic blister is to help deter theft by making it harder to open the packs. I've already seen a bunch of loose cards and wrappers laying around the boxes.

RE: $4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart/Target?! (UPDATE: $4.1

xGallade said:
That's ridiculous. What are your responses to this 'rip-off' price?

I think Wal-Mart/Target should lower the price because $4.17 is way too much for a pack of 10 cards.

I really don't think its too much, because my allowance is 5$ anyway!

Ophie said:
By the way, around here, I've been checking the prices--both Wal•Mart and Target are now selling them just below $5. It's $4.99 at Target and $4.97 at Wal•Mart.

I'm also seeing a lot of empty packages--that is, card theft from stores is going up. Not just Pokémon, but Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, Naruto, everything. How does your Wal•Mart afford to sell the packs straight out of the box? What does it do to prevent people from just standing in front and pocketing them?

Yeah, I am seeing a lot of theft. Like, the other day, I found a Rayquaza EX box that had been opened and someone had stolen the EX right out of the box! That's just sick...

I also found a Yvelteal coin just sitting on the floor-that's proof of theft.

People will go to any lengths to get things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back