$4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart/Target?! (UPDATE: $4.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: $4.17 Per Booster Pack at Wal-Mart?!

I've got a pokemon shop nearby my house and they sell for $3.50 per pack and also give you stamps for each pack and you can get a free one when you accumulate 10 stamps.

OR is a booster pack $4.17 because of the TCG Online code included? I think it's the TCG Online code that drove up the price of a booster pack at major retailers. (Walmart, Target, Toys R' Us)

Can this be the reason?

I stick to online, after tax the bw packs are nearly 5 dollars here O_O, i can snag up loose lots on ebay of 5 for $10 + $1-2 for shipping

When I was a kid, packs cost $3.15 and you got 11 cards...

I definitely remember that. Stores realized they were in competition with each other and went down to $2.99 where I live.

Yu-Gi-Oh! BEGAN at $3.99 though. It's the first time I've seen Pokémon booster packs reach Yu-Gi-Oh! booster packs in price.

I remember target used to sell them for 3.98$ last month, and now its at 4 20 or something liket hat
but yeah, its called inflation.

and i would't reccomend buying packs online, theyre usually weighed.
you'd wanna get a booster box.

xGallade said:
That's ridiculous. What are your responses to this 'rip-off' price?

I think Wal-Mart should lower the price because $4.17 is way too much for a pack of 10 cards.

That is why you don't buy single packs. Especially at department stores like Walmart or Target.

If you want to purchase single packs, purchase them from either a gaming store or an online store like TrollAndToad. Personally, I wouldn't suggest buying single packs. Buying a booster box can save you money over buying single packs, which is what I usually do.

$8 for a pack of Base Set when it first came out? I don't know where y'all were buying your packs at, but distinctly remember buying Base Set packs for like $2 at Wal-Mart when it first came out.

If you know where to look on ebay, you can get some amazing deals. Yeah you run the risk of them being weighed, but there are some sellers who don't. You just haven't to look. One of the best deals I made on their was buying a lot of 36 Hidden Legends packs for like $70 dollars.

scuba steveE said:
$8 for a pack of Base Set when it first came out? I don't know where y'all were buying your packs at,

From all of the "local card shops" people keep talking about because the major retailers sold out of reasonably-priced packs within hours of stocking them back in the fad days.

Glaceon said:
Actually, the pull rates for ND are 2 EXs, 1 FA EX, and a 50/50 chance of getting a SR.

Reminder: this thread is to discussion the high price of Pokémon Packs, not where you get your Pokémon packs (recommendations however are fine).

just opened two boxes got 4 ex cards in both sorry for being off topic

I'm still probably going to end up just buying singles...just way more cost efficient. The tins are also of decent value, unless they jack the prices of those up, but buying one pack is just unreasonable anymore.

@scuba: Yeah, I remember getting Base Set 2 packs for like $1.99! Those were the DAYS.

Jeremiah.W said:
i know but i was just responding to glaceon who said it was 3 in a box

But you were still off-topic, after his warning to stay on topic.

buy off ebay - its the cheapest way

So i'm really better off buying singles? i'm young and i can't really just go out and buy booster boxes and lug them back home to open. I mean especially since my parents hate the cards, but that's off topic. I'm looking into the metagame and I'm seriously interested, but would the price of..let's say buying 4x Junk Arm, 4x Revive, etc... Would it really be more cost effective? I'm gonna need to pick up some energies, basics, more common stage 1's, some item cards. So after buying all that would I have spent more than buying a booster box? Assuming I got the cheapest booster box, I don't really think it makes up for it, plus it doesn't add to the fun of hoping you get the card you need, or the "new card smell."

buying singles can be cheaper, there's a card store near me called stirke zone (houston) that sells singles.
Im pretty sure you can buy on line from them too.

ISmokeWeedle said:
I remember target used to sell them for 3.98$ last month, and now its at 4 20 or something liket hat
but yeah, its called inflation.

and i would't reccomend buying packs online, theyre usually weighed.
you'd wanna get a booster box.

Yes, Target did sell them for $3.98 a pack and I bought 3 NV Booster Packs at that time.

Here all the singles used to be $3.98, but now the only the latest sets are higher, like $4.17.

Just saying, but sooooo much money is saved buying singles lol...

I can buy almost all my cards on commons & uncommons on ebay for $1-3 a set.
As for singles Ex's, Primes, etc running from $3-10 per usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back