3DS Discussion Thread

I managed to work out the pattern that was occurring with the special QR cards for the 3D Pokedex. So I just made all the other cards there should be using that pattern.

Anyway, if you want to see all the 3D Pokedex AR/QR cards, go here:
http://ghostiespokemongym.blogspot.com/

It's got all the Pokemon there, it even unlocks 6 (Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram, and Zekrom). The only Pokemon it's missing are the last four. (Keldeo, Meloette song form, Meloetta dance form, and Genesect)

I'm not sure if there are cards for those Pokemon yet, so that might be why I can't find their codes. However, I did manage to find the codes for all the alternative forms, and so I put them all in order on my blog. :D

Tyraniking said:
It does? I didn't know that. Now I HAVE to buy it cuz not only does it include both versions, but they also released a soundtrack at club nintendo if you buy the game and register it. *squee*

also interestingly.... boss battle mode...THAT WOULD BE FUN. face ganon over and over....ahhhh. hmmm maybe sell this lame DS lite and invest in a 3ds now...very nice idea if you ask me

catutie said:
hmmm maybe sell this lame DS lite and invest in a 3ds now...very nice idea if you ask me
The 3D looks fantastic if you ask me. I'd say it's definitely worth investing in.
Especially with the line up of games coming for the 3DS, both from Nintendo and 3rd party companies.

I really want to get my hands on Luigi's Mansion 2, I loved the first game on GameCube, and this sequel sounds so much better than the first.

I'm also keen to get my hands on the supposed Super Smash Bros that will come out for both Wii U and 3DS. They're also supposed to be connectable in some way to each other. So it sounds very exciting to me.

Mario Kart 3D will also be a must have.

And I know I will be getting Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. I do wish they would turn Wind Waker into a 3D game for it too, that would be lovely.[/b]

^i doubt SSB can be good on a handheld. its just a game you dont bring to handheld. luigi's mansion and windwaker are my fav game cube games. even more than melee. i also wish that pikmin 3 would come.... but 3ds or wii u? hmmmm i would like wii u but 3ds would be very interesting and pretty awesome in 3d

I am going to be getting Zelda Ocarina of time on the second day it comes out i would get it the first day but that is father's day

catutie said:
^i doubt SSB can be good on a handheld. its just a game you don't bring to handheld. luigi's mansion and windwaker are my favorite game cube games. even more than melee. i also wish that pikmin 3 would come.... but 3ds or wii u? hmmmm i would like wii u but 3ds would be very interesting and pretty awesome in 3d
Well, yeah, but the 3DS has way more control options than any previous hand held, so it might be ready for SSB. Given it has Motion control and Gyroscopic sensors. I mean, I've played SSBB with a single Wii-mote and it's not unlike it would be for the 3DS, given the lack of buttons on a Wii-mote.

We'll see though in the end.

As for Wii U or 3DS, the answer is Both, but 3DS is for now, Wii U is a mission for next year, (to get the money for the beast).

adan15 said:
I am going to be getting Zelda Ocarina of time on the second day it comes out i would get it the first day but that is father's day

Unfortunately for me, I live in New Zealand, and everything always takes ages to be released here. I am not sure, but isn't Ocarina coming out on like the 17th of this month in US? well, it's not out here till the 30th. :/ -.-

I even had to wait 8 days longer than people in US for Pokemon Black and White... :/

^im planning on just upgrading both of my systems by selling then getting the new :p

pikmin is already kind of a 3d'y type game thus putting it in ACTUAL 3d would be amazing...but then the things they could do with the new controller in pikmin 3. all in all...dont make us throw pikmin with a touch screen or i will flip out lol...that would be impossible when it really came down to it. you need to throw 20-30 pikmin and you have to fling each one on a touch screen? NOT HAPPENING.

what is the features when you play BW on the 3ds? do the E4 rooms just look better?....thats what i figured

I have a question relating to the actual system. Does wearing glasses have an effect on the 3D view? Because I've been seeing the 3D as kind of doubled, like I'm cross-eyed. You think that my glasses are the cause? I hope not, cuz I'm nearly blind without them.

^hmmm...i guess i have the same question. i wear glasses also. i guess i could wear my contacts but that is pretty much the same...at first i though you were talking about 3d glasses rofl....second time i didnt understand tyraniking at first -_- i suck at this lol

3D glasses alone will hurt your vision if you look at them too long. Now that would just kill me lol.

I can't wear contacts yet, so that wouldn't even be an option unfortunatly.

Maybe you're better off understanding a secret code than reading my unintentional illusion language :eek:

Hmm actually it might because me and my brother look both wear glasses and he also sees double and so does my friend and he also wears glasses but i also wear glasses and it has no effect on me so I think you just need to adjust to it more

^good to hear that 1/3 have no problem :p. how heavy? is your prescription? like really thick or not so much? mine is pretty bad lol. but not like...coke bottle type stuff :p

catutie said:
what is the features when you play BW on the 3ds? do the E4 rooms just look better?....thats what i figured

I never actually played Picmin myself, I only saw a friend play it on his GameCube way back in the day. But yes, it would be amazing in 3D.

As for B&W, I have to say, there's nothing different at all. EXCEPT: There's more pixels on the 3DS, so the lower resolution of Pokemon Black and White means those pixel edges get rounded off on the 3DS, so basically, all DS games on the 3DS just look smoother in that Pixelated sense. Still the same resolution, just smoothed off edges. Looks nicer.

Tyraniking said:
I have a question relating to the actual system. Does wearing glasses have an effect on the 3D view? Because I've been seeing the 3D as kind of doubled, like I'm cross-eyed. You think that my glasses are the cause? I hope not, cuz I'm nearly blind without them.

This is an interesting question. First, it might help to know what your eyes are like, as in, are you Short sighted, far sighted, and by what degree?

Basically, I'm short sighted, I need glasses to make things far away come into focus, I can see things close to my just fine. And my glasses are really weak too, don't really need them unless I'm driving, they're only 0.75 in each lens.

Anyway, I have myself noticed the cross eyed effect, but usually, what's causing this is holding the 3DS at the wrong angle, so first, make sure you're staring at it dead on. Not at even the slightest angle.
For most people, they will have some flexibility with the viewing angle, but it sounds like with you, that your lens' are able to pull the light from out to the sides in to your vision.

There's another potential solution to this.

Contact lens'. They'll be only the size of your eyes, so they can't pull light out from too far to either side that glasses can do.
However, not everyone can have them, I hope you can. I really think that'll be the best, yet most annoying solution.

catutie said:
^good to hear that 1/3 have no problem :p. how heavy? is your prescription? like really thick or not so much? mine is pretty bad lol. but not like...coke bottle type stuff :p
Yeah, look, I'm thinking it's caused by the frames extending too far out to either side of the center.

Basically, it'd be like moving your eyes wider apart, and that in itself would ruin the 3D effect.

I do think though, there is potential to make glasses specifically designed for 3DS viewing, so that it doesn't ruin the 3D effect, and would in fact enhance it. :p

It's all there in the laws of Optics. :)

I've noticed that some people with glasses don't get the 3D affect, while other people with glasses can see it just fine. One of my friend always ridicules me for getting the 3DS just because everything is blurry for him with his glasses, I'm not too sure if it's because of his glasses or he doesn't try to put in the middle and at the perfect angle.

catutie said:
mine is pretty bad but my brother's is plain horrible and i don't know what my friend's is

Guy89 said:
I've noticed that some people with glasses don't get the 3D affect, while other people with glasses can see it just fine. One of my friend always ridicules me for getting the 3DS just because everything is blurry for him with his glasses, I'm not too sure if it's because of his glasses or he doesn't try to put in the middle and at the perfect angle.

i would imagine it would be how you look at it...

^hmmm so maybe it depends on how bad it is

The 3ds is fun without games because they are so many things there already. For example face raiders , I love that game oFTo

I can't wait for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Like seriously, must have game for any 3DS owner.

Also, as a sidenote and offtopic remark, I've heard Pikmin 3 IS coming to the Wii U. Which, IMO, is better than the 3DS (I did hear that they were interested in the 3D aspect of porting a game over, but I'm pretty sure it won't be Pikmin 3) because of the way you can direct your squad and have them move much more efficiently. I could see when you pause the game that it could all move to the controller screen, so they have a lot of options when it comes to that.

dmaster out.

Back