(2) New Set of X/Y Rumors, Xerneas/Yveltal Half Decks [9/23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noxi said:
DNA said:
Not only is that statement completely false, but the term "bug" properly applies to only a single order of insects.

Bug specifically and informally refers to ARTHOPODS
And that's why I used the word "properly". Pay attention, son.

Rangermon said:
You realize nobody was talking about names... You can only really go by the Japanese names. The US tends to just base it on what it looks like and what sounds like a cool name to them.
Wait, are you a weeaboo?

~~~~~

So wait, I wake up and there are 50 new posts, and there's talk about a fake website or something? And GameStop having the display boxes out for X & Y is somehow suggesting this? Can someone fill me in?

Blissey becoming Fairy Type, what would this mean for its position as the supreme Wall?

Actually, it'll now be immune to Dragon! o_0
Op...

MuhFugginMoose said:
Mat4yo said:
I needed a place to post this so I'm going to say it here

Chespin = grass / steel
Fennekin = fire / fairy
Froakie = water / fighting

It's a trio just like dark psychic and fighting are except it's actually fair because nothing is immune to the other

I wish it was fire psychic but I'm calling it now

Except Chespin gets destroyed by both of them, and can only retaliate to Froakie.

Steel retaliates to fairy

Sheriff_K said:
Blissey becoming Fairy Type, what would this mean for its position as the supreme Wall?

It gets two resist and an immunity, as a trade off, it is now weak to two things.

Eh, I figure it'll be much the same as before, except now it's scared of Scizor more than Terrakion.

Zielo said:
Blob55 said:
I just said we already have a Badger.
Also, Emboar.
Linoone is hardly a badger. It's more a weasel with stripes. It can be debatable.

And Emboar, well, yeah, you kinda got me there. Although it's not as boar-esque as I'd like it to be... meaning its not quadrupedal and the tusks aren't so defined.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
I feel that, if it's a news site, the news should be limited only to confirmed stuff, not rumors.

WPM, yes, I know what a fan site is. I help to RUN one or two, and I have standards that I keep to myself when writing up news articles. I don't expect other sites to follow my standards, but I do feel that there should be a line between fact and fiction in the same way there is a line between confirmed and opinion/rumor. Even just keeping the posts to the forums would be fine. Again, i don't mean to tell you how to run your own website, not at all.

But thats kinda what makes Pokebeach unique. I like the fact that legitimate rumors are posted on occasion (I say legitimate because it's not like he posts every single dumb obvious fake Pokemon.) It makes things really interesting and even though theres a chance they might not be true, there is a high chance they are if WPM trusts at least some of the proof the leaker gave him. This particular fansite is very dependable and has character. Thats part of what made me make the switch over from that celebi place.

Although Typhlosion can be called a badger.

Sheriff_K said:
As for the new Eeveelution, I have been saying all along that it'll be Steel. Hopefully I'm right.. Tongue
My reasoning is: Sylveon is actually the SECOND Eeveelution as far as PokeDex order goes, thus making it weak to the preceding Eeveelution. And with Steels recent typing changes, it makes sense that the new Eeveelution would spearhead the Steel faction, similar to Glaceon when Ice was introduced.

I said:
I hope in fighting eeveelution, too; but on the other hand, a steel should make more sense due to this facts:
In second generation: Dark Umbreon was immune to and super effective against psychic Espeon
In fourth generation: Ice Glaceon was super effective against grass Leafeon
So in sixth generation, what types are super effective against fairy, except for poison?
Ahhhh, I want three eeveelutions, the fighting type would be super in the TCG, but I also want steel.

If I understand you correctly, you wrote, that the latter eeveelution in PokéDex order is weak its “predecessor” (although english is not my maternal language) and it is actually opposite, so:
If Sylveon would be the second one in the order, then the first have to be weak to it and we “know” it isn't dragon type, so then remains only fight and dark.
If Sylveon is the first one of the two, is must be weak to the second. And we “know” that it isn't poison, so then remains steel.

I hope, they will be actually both fight and steel, because:
  • There isn't eeveelution Jolteon is neither weak to (but will be in the TCG) nor resistant to (if I'm correct, electric resists steel?)
  • There isn't eeveelution Umbreon is weak to
  • There isn't eeveelution Espeon is strong against

From the competitive spect of the Fairy retyping: Chansey/Blissey just became probably the best wall in the game, losing the Fighting weakness that could scare them away, or Dragon-type Outrage users. U.U

I'd recommend for the general safety of this forums and it's members that even if people have the leak info still, they don't post it on here. XD

Ah dammit I accidently refreshed the page and now all the info is gone. If it's true that the leaks were taken down via GF's request, then at least some parts of should be legit. I myself liked the rumors and hope they will turn out to be true. Curious if tomorrow's reveal will confirm anything from this leaker.

signofzeta said:
Spiders are insects, and you are Wrongy Wrongerson.

Ok, continue guys.

No, spiders and insects are in the same phylum, so they're related, but not the same. Spiders are arachnids.

Noxi said:
DNA said:
And that's why I used the word "properly". Pay attention, son.

Doesn't matter, "son." The term still refers to arthropods whether it is used formally or informally....

Dang Pokémon forums suck.

Anyway I was wondering why these leaks were posted without any extra backing to them but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's because WPM knows the new leaker personally and they have a review copy or something like that.

Well whatever Game Freak has taken down, those leaks must be true. Why else would they take down some, and leave the others? Am I right?

Baktwerel said:
Ah dammit I accidently refreshed the page and now all the info is gone. If it's true that the leaks were taken down via GF's request, then at least some parts of should be legit. I myself liked the rumors and hope they will turn out to be true. Curious if tomorrow's reveal will confirm anything from this leaker.

The leaks are still there for me...

signofzeta said:
Well whatever Game Freak has taken down, those leaks must be true. Why else would they take down some, and leave the others? Am I right?

Oh only some of them. Ok then.

signofzeta said:

This is, of course, assuming the leaker is being honest. He could've simply taken them down himself to appear credible once he was sure enough people had seen them.

DNA said:
So wait, I wake up and there are 50 new posts, and there's talk about a fake website or something? And GameStop having the display boxes out for X & Y is somehow suggesting this? Can someone fill me in?

I'm lucky enough to catch up all the info . Before Gamefreak find out and warn him .
So here we go

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.
The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.
To get spewpa to evolve into vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.
To get malimar, when inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.
There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon. This isn't required to ride pokemon, but she gives you tips on jumping over ledges.
Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.
Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: quillom, bunnelby, scatterbug, fletchling, flabebe, pikachu.
The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.
Metronome is now a fairy type move. There is a new move called Moon Dance that will raise a fairy type Pokemon's special attack. I mistook this for Lunar Dance earlier; sorry.
The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.
When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).
Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.
There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the shockball.
The next is the ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.
They are following the pattern of having two eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.
Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.
Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.
You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".
The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.
Shiny helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.
Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.
The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.
On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.
Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).
You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put any Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.
The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!
Just caught an Apparachnid. I can confirm the spelling! There is an empty spot right after it in the Pokedex, followed by Bitrunic. My guess is that is does indeed evolve. Upon further inspection, it has six eyes and the bottom of it's legs are blue. It is Ghost/Poison. 8.6 lbs. It knows a new move: Venom Spit (Physical attack, 50 base damage, 100 accuracy, can poison) along with Bite, Acid, and Poison Sting.
That is all I will post. See you on October 12th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back