(2) New Set of X/Y Rumors, Xerneas/Yveltal Half Decks [9/23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingtrace said:
signofzeta said:
Spiders are insects, and you are Wrongy Wrongerson.

Ok, continue guys.

No, spiders and insects are in the same phylum, so they're related, but not the same. Spiders are arachnids.

No no no, I'm saying that if spiders are insects, then you, no not you, I mean the person who claimed that spiders are insects, is wrong.

Spiders don't belong in the insect category. Bug is a term used for any arthropod does not live in the ocean. Basically, if you are a western country and only Bear Grylls is willing to eat it, then it is probably a bug.

The Pokemon Anime better have a Bear Grylls like character. Then again, the main characters probably are a Bear Grylls like character. Have you seen Ash get lost somewhere, and nevermind, he isn't a Bear Grylls like character, consider he uses his pokemon to get out of a jam. Oh noes, I have to cross a river. I could build a raft, but nope, I can just good old water pokemon to ferry me across. But still, a Bear Grylls like character would be nice.

signofzeta said:
Kingtrace said:
No, spiders and insects are in the same phylum, so they're related, but not the same. Spiders are arachnids.

No no no, I'm saying that if spiders are insects, then you, non not you, I mean the person who claimed that spiders are insects, is wrong.

Spiders don't belong in the insect category. Bug is a term used for any arthropod does not live in the ocean. Basically, if you are a western country and only Bear Grylls is willing to eat it, then it is probably a bug.

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. If you're arguing with someone and I missed it, my bad. I was just correcting what I saw as an obvious error.

Kingtrace said:
signofzeta said:
No no no, I'm saying that if spiders are insects, then you, non not you, I mean the person who claimed that spiders are insects, is wrong.

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. If you're arguing with someone and I missed it, my bad. I was just correcting what I saw as an obvious error.

Spiders are mammals man. It should be part normal type.

I also have a problem with the guy saying that the starter trio will end up as grass/steel, fire/fairy, and water/fighting . . .

Fennekkin's line would destroy Chespin's line with just a single flamethrower.

For some reason I do not like the idea of Froakie's final evo being water/fighting, more like water/dark if it is sleek and stealthy.

Fennekkin's final evo will obviously be psychic type due to its witch theme.

And Chespin's evo looks like it has armor on and part of its name screams paladin which sounds more fighting type to me.

Okay, now he's saying SOME of it was fake, but 75% of it is true. He put in some fakes to "throw game freak" off his trail. *sigh*

If this person is legit, he's not very bright.

Kingtrace said:
signofzeta said:

No no no, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about that blob whatever guy who claims that spiders are insects because apparently, to him, all arthropods are insects, which in that case, he is Wrongy Wrongerson. I didn't particularly quote the guy, because I think there may be other who share the same views as that guy.

Anyway, I could have replied that claim with a Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, but I didn't, well because I just thought of a response like that just now, and it is too late for me to use it. Or perhaps a facepalm.

Here's the deal, if it doesn't have 6 legs, then it isn't an insect.

If it is an arthropod, and the only person living in western countries who eats these subgroup of arthropods for a living is Bear Grylls, then it is a bug. So lobsters, crabs, those are bugs. I also don't consider snails as bugs. If you want to consider them as bugs, well not specifically you, just the general populace, then it is tough to classify bugs into a category, because snails aren't arthropods.

To me bug is a term that describes something that damages through infestation, be it insects, arachnids, worms, bacteria, viruses, or computer viruses.

yammark said:
I'm lucky enough to catch up all the info . Before Gamefreak find out and warn him .
So here we go

*long quote of stuff goes here*
Ah, so the leaker guy put all that up on his site, then had to take it down, then is apparently editing it again to cover his ass bases? All right, thanks for letting me know.

signofzeta said:
If it is an arthropod, and the only person living in western countries who eats these subgroup of arthropods for a living if Bear Grylls, then it is a bug.
"Oh great, no bugs around to eat. Better drink my own piss."

signofzeta said:
Kingtrace said:

No no no, I'm saying that if spiders are insects, then you, no not you, I mean the person who claimed that spiders are insects, is wrong.

The Pokemon Anime better have a Bear Grylls like character. Then again, the main characters probably are a Bear Grylls like character. Have you seen Ash get lost somewhere, and nevermind, he isn't a Bear Grylls like character, consider he uses his pokemon to get out of a jam. Oh noes, I have to cross a river. I could build a raft, but nope, I can just good old water pokemon to ferry me across. But still, a Bear Grylls like character would be nice.

Thank you! That's exactly what I said about arthropods, but apparently because the term is "informal" it doesn't refer to arthropods... by that logic the term "brat" doesn't mean a kid because it's an informal use to refer to a child...

anyway, hahaha yeah Ash is no where near a Bear Grylls... I think.. maybe Brock would fit that more.. idk, lol

Rob234111 said:
Oh god, here we go again, website updated once more -_-

I figured he was just doing it to gain attention.. especially with the "gamefreak told me to take it down" part

Not to poke the topic but could we please talk about the leaks and/or the new anime trailer posted above rather than bugs, rodents and the likes? Because it's getting a little off topic. You could always make a topic about identifying real life animals in Pokemon where it could be a relevant discussion.

Noxi said:
signofzeta said:

Thank you! That's exactly what I said about arthropods, but apparently because the term is "informal" it doesn't refer to arthropods... by that logic the term "brat" doesn't mean a kid because it's an informal use to refer to a child...

anyway, hahaha yeah Ash is no where near a Bear Grylls... I think.. maybe Brock would fit that more.. idk, lol

Rob234111 said:
Oh god, here we go again, website updated once more -_-

I figured he was just doing it to gain attention.. especially with the "gamefreak told me to take it down" part

Yeah, but he didn't put the info back. Instead, he rephrased his getting taken down and explained that he threw in some fake info to try to trick gamefreak.

yammark said:
There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.

To get Spewpa to evolve into Vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.

To get Malimar, when Inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.

There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon. This isn't required to ride pokemon, but she gives you tips on jumping over ledges.

Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.

Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: Quillom, Bunnelby, Scatterbug, Fletchling, Flabebe, Pikachu.

The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.

Metronome is now a fairy type move. There is a new move called Moon Dance that will raise a fairy type Pokemon's special attack. I mistook this for Lunar Dance earlier; sorry.

The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.

When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).

Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.

There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the Shockball.

The next is the Ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.

They are following the pattern of having two Eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.

Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.

Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.

You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".

The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.

Shiny Helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.

Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.

The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.

On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.

Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).

You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put any Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.

The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!

Just caught an Apparachnid. I can confirm the spelling! There is an empty spot right after it in the Pokedex, followed by Bitrunic. My guess is that is does indeed evolve. Upon further inspection, it has six eyes and the bottom of it's legs are blue. It is Ghost/Poison. 8.6 lbs. It knows a new move: Venom Spit (Physical attack, 50 base damage, 100 accuracy, can poison) along with Bite, Acid, and Poison Sting.

Oh good, thank you for grabbing it, yammark. Since it was a bit jumbled, I've cleaned it up and bolded/italicized/underlined important info.

Wait why would this story of game freak making him take them down add credibility. What can game freak do to him? And if there was anything they could do why would they let him keep any of it up. This is a guy who made some convincing boxes (or stole them from a game store display) and wants to show them off. Game Freak can't MAKE him do anything as far as I'm aware. Unless he was a game journalist who received a review copy and signed a non disclosure. But those only really go out to big journalist outfits who would be complete idiots to leak info to another outlet for free. And now loose all advanced copies from them ever again. People who change their story shouldn't be trusted at all.

Mat4yo said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
Except Chespin gets destroyed by both of them, and can only retaliate to Froakie.

Steel retaliates to fairy

Fire Resists Steel. . . So, no it wouldn't.

ON a side note, him taking everything down because GF "told" him so. . . Just adds to my suspicion.

EDIT: This; "I will admit right now that not all of the information I posted was true. I had hoped to throw Game Freak off by putting some fake stuff in. Obviously it didn't work. I won't say what is fake and what is real", doesn't help him in any way. . .

Just going to take a moment to say that the leaker is a sexist idiot primarily for this:

"Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls."

I know a guy who can't wait to pet Sableye and a girl who's Nuzlocking this with me for our first play through. Just venting my irritation.

Kingtrace said:
Just going to take a moment to say that the leaker is a sexist idiot primarily for this:

"Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls."

I know a guy who can't wait to pet Sableye and a girl who's Nuzlocking this with me for our first play through. Just venting my irritation.

Doesn't really mean he's sexist, I mean if you look at the Nintendogs sales... The general people who play those games are female. The guy isn't saying that the thing is ONLY FOR GIRLS he's saying that Nintendo is aiming to get more female players.

Rob234111 said:
Kingtrace said:

Doesn't really mean he's sexist, I mean if you look at the Nintendogs sales... The general people who play those games are female. The guy isn't saying that the thing is ONLY FOR GIRLS he's saying that Nintendo is aiming to get more female players.

No, it actually means he's sexist. Unless Nintendo flat out told him "hey, this mode here is for girls" he looked at the mode, said "Oh, I get it, cause girls would rather pet pokemon than battle." and then wrote the speculation.

Kingtrace said:

To be fair it could be considered as such, however, if Pokemon tries to do something to appeal to a certain demographic, it will also, in the process, try to make it appeal to everyone else as well, if only a little.
So it might be weighted more towards one group, but it tries to appeal to everyone. (Not sure what's up with that Musical deal, though. I don't think anyone really liked that...)

tl;dr: you're mostly right

But if the supposed leaker is now changing his story, then...yeah, that alone casts doubt on his credibility, regardless of whether or not the info he posted is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back