(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Ok while I was daydreaming in class today something hit me...hawlucha totally resembles the owlman I mean its name means mexican fighter and hawk but something give me this vibe maybe his evo will have more traits. One thing's for sure I would love GF to inspire from cryptids :D
Also c'mon komodo dragon heliopile evolution.

Shocker said:
What I don't like about Gallantoad is that it turns Frogadier, a sleek, fast ninja to something that looks like a bulky, slow hitting fighter. Hate on Greninja all you want, but at least it keeps the ninja theme.
And to those complaining about the bubbles:

Oshawott and Dewott are bipedal otters, with light blue colors.
Samurott is a quadruped sea lion with a giant shell horn and dark blue colors.
The Chikorita line loses the leaf in the final evolution, and the leaf is replaced by stems.
Blaziken's only similarity with Combusken is color.

Need I continue?

Magikhrp! Also speaking about faries Milotic and Whimsicott can totally become part fairy types apart from the obvious ones.

There is a watermark thing at the bottom of the pick of Greninja and one on a pic of Hawlucha that says cameroid.com backwards.. not sure if anyone noticed... I am just getting to page 15 lol!

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

garbodorable said:
Axell Starr said:
Personally, I agree with Nightkeeper. :p Galliantoad (or however that fakemon's name was spelled) had a more well thought out design then Greninja.

In what way? What do you value in Pokemon design that you see in Gallantoad?

To me, it looks like a Toxicroak with fluffy bits. Greninja looks like something we've never seen before.

Pokemon don't need to just be off the wall crazy ideas. Gallantoad's features didn't completely change from Frogadier's, and that's fine. Every bit of his design was appealing to me, and probably would have been my favorite starter behind Charizard. I know I am not the only one who thinks Gallantoad's design was head-to-toe better than Greninja's.

I love this thread. I read every single post and am one of the few lucky ones. Why?
'Cause I don't care about Froakie's evolution at all! He was my least favourite starter anyway...

But on a more serious note, the fake/real thing with these pictures is getting REALLY confusing. Here's what I got from this discussion:

• Someone revealed screenshots of a few Pokemon
  • Same someone said that Greninja and Binacle are fake/made up
  • Same someone said that Hawlucha is real and it was "confirmed" by other leakers/same screenshots
  • Any other pictures someone tried to post here (DA ones and such) are already confirmed fake
  • The description of Greninja doesn't match the one our previous leaker gave (he was correct on most of the things from the previous leak)

Now what I don't understand, why are people discussing Greninja and Binacle, considering the 2nd and last point.

The only explanation (for myself) I have is that there are more leakers invovled, I am confusing one with the other, or am just simply confused :(

nightkeeper said:
garbodorable said:
In what way? What do you value in Pokemon design that you see in Gallantoad?

To me, it looks like a Toxicroak with fluffy bits. Greninja looks like something we've never seen before.

Pokemon don't need to just be off the wall crazy ideas. Gallantoad's features didn't completely change from Frogadier's, and that's fine. Every bit of his design was appealing to me, and probably would have been my favorite starter behind Charizard. I know I am not the only one who thinks Gallantoad's design was head-to-toe better than Greninja's.

I agree. Gallantoad took Frogidier and made it look more like what we were expecting.. It looks like it can handle a hoard of venusoar with little problem.

#Gallantoad in XY

WitherSnow said:
nightkeeper said:

I agree. Gallantoad took Frogidier and made it look more like what we were expecting.. It looks like it can handle a hoard of venusoar with little problem.

#Gallantoad in XY

...I think this is why my boyfriend hates fake Pokemon lol. They raise your expectations for evolutions and you see everything you want it to have, and then your hopes come crashing down when the real one is revealed later. He disapproved of my Fennekin evolutions in the Di&Di contest. ._.

WitherSnow said:
nightkeeper said:

#Gallantoad in XY

Exactly. Greninja looks as if Gallantoad was in some horrific accident and rushed to the ER,having the doctors say, "We did everything we could, but we couldn't get your tongue back in your body... We did you the favor of constricting it around your neck, as we saw tripping could be a hazard. Enjoy."

Is this like a Team Jacob vs Team Edward battle?

Team Gallantoad, ftw.

My friends who picks Froakie from the first leak has no problem at all if the final design looks like Greninja or even Gallantoad (hell this wasn't even it's name). The one who complains about Greninja is my friends who're not so sure yet of what to pick, alas, if Greninja turned out to be true, they can always pick the other two.

Poor Greninja, you have yet to be proven a fake, yet you lose popularity to those who obviously a fake :(

I think some people are overreacting. I like both designs and if Greninja is real, I can get used to it. As far as we may speak about either tongue or foam having sense, discussing opinions is... Well...
If you ask me, I'd say that Greninja looks much better than terribly overrated Blaziken, but guess what? Fandom seems to like it, although Combusken looked MUCH better in the games in my opinion. But hey - I'm okay with that, I mean we already know like 700 creature designs and it's virtually impossible to love every single one, so just try to accept it. You don't need to like it. And I think we all just should wait patiently for the relase, because seriously, we haven't said anything new or creative about that matter. The topic is pretty much explored. ;)

Just 12 days, guys. We can do it.

nightkeeper said:
WitherSnow said:

#Gallantoad in XY

Exactly. Greninja looks as if Gallantoad was in some horrific accident and rushed to the ER,having the doctors say, "We did everything we could, but we couldn't get your tongue back in your body... We did you the favor of constricting it around your neck, as we saw tripping could be a hazard. Enjoy."

Team Gallantoad, ftw.

Team Jacob vs Team Edward

No, just...no.

Shocker said:
What I don't like about Gallantoad is that it turns Frogadier, a sleek, fast ninja to something that looks like a bulky, slow hitting fighter. Hate on Greninja all you want, but at least it keeps the ninja theme.

The Chikorita line loses the leaf in the final evolution, and the leaf is replaced by stems.

Need I continue?

For starters, we obviously aren't getting the same interpretation but Greninja looks nothing like a ninja to me. It resembles a wimpy frog with cancer lumps on its legs, with a weird pink thing choking it. Gallantoad on the other hand, does look more stealthy to me. But it's a difference of opinion and nothing more.

The whole theme with Oshawott was the shell blades.
The whole theme with the Chikorita line was the bud necklace, with the leaf withering into leaf stems as atennae.
And I don't even understand what people are saying about Combusken and Blaziken. They look incredibly similar. They're both bipedal fighter chickens.

As far as I'm concerned, in all cases, these Pokemon kept their trademarks. Froakie didn't.

That's why I think Greninja may be fake, although knowing Gamefreak, only they could come up with such a hideous design.

Let's talk about Binarcle, though! I can't be the only one attached to it, right? I would even accept Greninja being real if it meant my Binarcle darling was real too. I still can't believe I've grown to attached to it... I hated it first, but it grew on me really fast.

I don't understand the love and attachment to Binacale. I understand people have opinions but it is probably the most hideous design in the history of Pokemon if it were real. It looks like its coming out of a cupcake, or pie.

Macabrelicious said:
For starters, we obviously aren't getting the same interpretation but Greninja looks nothing like a ninja to me. It resembles a wimpy frog with cancer lumps on its legs, with a weird pink thing choking it. Gallantoad on the other hand, does look more stealthy to me. But it's a difference of opinion and nothing more.

The whole theme with the Chikorita line was the bud necklace, with the leaf withering into leaf stems as atennae.
And I don't even understand what people are saying about Combusken and Blaziken. They look incredibly similar. They're both bipedal fighter chickens.

As far as I'm concerned, in all cases, these Pokemon kept their trademarks. Froakie didn't.

Combusken and Blaziken is "incredibly similar" ? Check again. Like what you're saying, the only similar thing is it's a bipedal chicken fighter, and thus, the same can be applied to Froakie, a blue frog ninja. Then there's no problem with Frogadier->Greninja :v

Ririka said:
Combusken and Blaziken is "incredibly similar" ? Check again. Like what you're saying, the only similar thing is it's a bipedal chicken fighter, and thus, the same can be applied to Froakie, a blue frog ninja. Then there's no problem with Frogadier->Greninja :v

We have really different opinions then! Which is great and everything, but in my eyes, Combusken and Blaziken are bipedal, anthropomorphic, red-and-yellow feathered fighter chickens, which aren't things you see every day. Froakie's line without the bubbles are just generic blue frogs; to be honest I have never really understood where all the ninja stuff came from. Frogadier was streamlined and dark, but that doesn't really equate to "ninja" with me. I guess I could sort of see it on Frogadier, but certainly not on Greninja, who I already said resembles a sick, choking frog to me. :p It's a bit of a stretch, for me.

I know Corsola and Binarcle are based on different things, but they're still "similar" enough in the grand scope of things (at least, to most people) that I fear Corsola will fade into further obscurity. I was really hoping for a (mega) evolution for it.
Does anybody else feel like any of these three new Pokemon compete with older Pokemon for attention?

I think Greninja might be real because making a fake Frogadier evolution and ditching the bubbles seems like a really risky thing to do. If you want people to believe it's real, then you're probably going to keep the bubbles. This tongue thing seems too risky, too original. Like something Gamefreak would do.

I'm not saying it's real, but it's a possibility.

PikaJudgement said:
I don't understand the love and attachment to Binacale. I understand people have opinions but it is probably the most hideous design in the history of Pokemon if it were real. It looks like its coming out of a cupcake, or pie.

"I don't understand the love and attachment to [Pokemon I don't like]. I understand people have opinions but it is probably the most [stupid reason for disliking something] in the history of Pokemon."

It's a friggen Barnacle Pokemon! Have you ever seen a Barnacle? It's super awesome.

And that's what this thread is, a bunch of little kids, upset with designs they don't personally care for, acting like it can't be true because they wish it weren't. Seriously, it's Samurott all over again. Kids, your preferences have no bearing on reality.

Also Binacle is awesome because it's a barnacle and it has two heads and it was not a Pokemon that you'd expect.

Macabrelicious said:
Shocker said:

Need I continue?

Actually, the theme was more like being otters. And then the otter evolved into that.
Why would a leaf turn into a stem? I thought evolution was about growth.
And if they weren't related by evolution and color, they'd be completely different.

Keep in mine Greninja is still a frog, still HAS a scarf and follows a sleek, streamlined design given by Frogadier. Starter "trademarks" have changed before. i.e. Charmander, a salamander, becomes a dragon-like Pokemon that magically sprouts wings, Tepig(which, mind you, is a pig) becomes a firey sumo wrestler upon evolving, etc.
The only real change with Greninja is a pink scarf which may not even be its tongue. If it was a bubble scarf, you'd be perfectly fine with it.

OK so Greninja isn't something we're not used to look at Magikarp and Feebas the fact it looses the bubbles isn't odd I mean it would looked cool but whatever it isn't something uncommon coming from GF. I did recall in an interview someone said that his favourite Kalos Pokemon was Froakie because of the weird changes it goes through evolution. We'll find out the truth in a short while. Patience everyone its been a long time since January but we're almost there.

Macabrelicious said:
We have really different opinions then! Which is great and everything, but in my eyes, Combusken and Blaziken are bipedal, anthropomorphic, red-and-yellow feathered fighter chickens, which aren't things you see every day. Froakie's line without the bubbles are just generic blue frogs; to be honest I have never really understood where all the ninja stuff came from. Frogadier was streamlined and dark, but that doesn't really equate to "ninja" with me. I guess I could sort of see it on Frogadier, but certainly not on Greninja, who I already said resembles a sick, choking frog to me. :p It's a bit of a stretch, for me.

Then the arguments can't be used on Froakie.

The things with the previous starter is, we assume their main concept after it's officially confirmed.

- Oshawott -> Samurott, if it's still a rumor, everyone would be against this, since they think the main concept is being an otter, but it's a confirmed evo line, so we adjust the assumption that the main concept is the shell.

- Chikorita -> Meganium, if it's still a rumor, we'd argue that since Chikorita and Bayleef are "Leaf Pokemon" species, it should retain it's leaf on it's head. But since it's confirmed, we adjust the assumption that the main concept is the bud on the neck, because it's the only thing that shows improvement in the evo.

- Combusken -> Blaziken, if it's still a rumor, no one would believe this evo line, but then again, it's confirmed, alas, we adjust our opinion so that it's perfectly fine for Blaziken to be Combusken's evo.

Then again, as long as Froakie's evo not confirmed, we can't adjust our opinion purely based on it's design, since everything can happen in an evo line.

Back