(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

AdamLambert said:
TartarusIncarnate said:
No, it looks like its suppose to, which is a Luchador. I don't understand where are you getting the Native American reference from. Braviary looks more Native American than Hawlucha. Even its name tells where its origin of Mexican Masked Wrestling. It does look humanoid, I should say anthropomorphic. But regardless anthropomorphism is adding human qualities/characteristic to non humans.

Hm. Let me rephrase that. It's not that it isn't human-like enough or bird-like enough. It's that it isn't far enough one way or the other. Or maybe it's neither. I don't know. I just know I don't like it, and the design looks awkward. Looks like a high schooler dressed as the school mascot
Different strokes. I like it the fact that its based of Mexican culture and luchadors. To give it a flying type as well makes it even more unique.

And before people say "Kalos is based off France" Pandas are from China and Lions are from Africa. And most folklore of Fairies comes from all over the world. Point rendered invalid.

Macabrelicious said:
AdamLambert said:
Hm. Let me rephrase that. It's not that it isn't human-like enough or bird-like enough. It's that it isn't far enough one way or the other. Or maybe it's neither. I don't know. I just know I don't like it, and the design looks awkward. Looks like a high schooler dressed as the school mascot

I don't really mind if you dislike or like it, and in a sense I can somewhat relate to why you don't like it, but if I were to say anything, I wouldn't want a Pokemon that is just a human or just a bird...
Exactly. Pokemon aren't either one or the other, they can be both. They don't even have to be human either (Sup Chandelure and friends)

Kinglorshi said:
I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but Freninja looks awful. If this is real, which I hope not, I have lost hope. it's way too unnecessarily exaggerated and just strange.

The other pokemon are kinda eh, though the bird I guess is the coolest of the bunch. But I won't let this slip by until confirmed.

I'm with you. If "Greninja" (with a G btw :p) is real, I will officially have to choose another starter which I don't wanna do.

FT10 said:
I still think Greninja is water/fighting. Based on its physical appearance, if its going to have any kind of secondary typing, it'll be fighting. It doesn't matter that it learns extrasensory; a lot of non-psychics can learn it. Furthermore, if its design is really based on a ninja, than this move fits the theme. It also doesn't matter that it didn't have any fighting type moves as one of it's 4 moves. Maybe that's because the player had Hawlucha in his party and didn't want to be redundant.

I honestly couldn't care less what type Greninja is. It could be Water/Fighting, Water/Psychic, Bug/Fire, whatever. I just think Braixen would be better as Fire/Dark and Quilladin as Grass/Fighting. That's all I meant.

Just clarifying things. c:

FT10 said:
As for Greninja's design, I think people are overreacting a little bit. First of all, the picture isn't that clear, so reserve your final judgements. Second, don't get all bent out of shape because it has a long tongue, and it doesn't fit its theme. None of us have played the game or seen the new animé, so how does anybody know that tongues won't feature prominently in Froakie and Frogadier's designs as well? Lastly, I think the pokemon sprites are going to be more dynamic and interactive this generation, like the jpg. of the Torchic posted earlier that was hopping around. Maybe Greninja's animation involves its tongue.

I think it's plenty clear enough to know what it looks like, and therefore not like it. And I think the tongue looks plenty silly, even if it makes sense from any other standpoint. I was just talking about aesthetics, after all. And I already did say that I hope the tongue doesn't always look like that.
First impressions don't always hold up and I do keep that in mind, but at the first time, I do want to discuss first impressions! After all, there will be time later to talk about the Pokemon once the games are out, but I do feel there's also a plus to discussing them before the games come out... it helps solidify expectations, I think.

Macabrelicious said:
AdamLambert said:

I don't really mind if you dislike or like it, and in a sense I can somewhat relate to why you don't like it, but if I were to say anything, I wouldn't want a Pokemon that is just a human or just a bird...

I have a 102 degree fever at the moment. That may explain why I'm not quite getting my point across. I don't like the way they combined the human qualities with the bird qualities. I'm not sure how else they could've done it, but oh well. YAY! I think I explained it right. I say English goodly :p

People need to calm down...like cool off the steam...
My honest opinion is that these arent bad at all.
Froakies' last evo looks a bit weird at the face I will not talk about his neck..but nobody pointed out how cool the body shape is.
The hawk looks awesome and has a lot of potential for a badass sort of masked fighter with huge hawk claws( I approve). Love the typing btw.
And wait what is that 2 headed tree exactly.
Lets just wait for the official art I'm sure they'll look better.

One thing I do want to say...maybe we can put accessories on our pokemon which isn't too far fetched which means someone is trolling us by making him wear a pink scarf.
Just sayn...

AdamLambert said:
Macabrelicious said:

I have a 102 degree fever at the moment. That may explain why I'm not quite getting my point across. I don't like the way they combined the human qualities with the bird qualities. I'm not sure how else they could've done it, but oh well. YAY! I think I explained it right. I say English goodly :p

How long have you had your fever? ;~;

And yeah, I totally understand how sometimes it's just hard to find the right words to explain things without confusing or misleading other people... I do it all the time and it certainly irritates me. I do sort of understand what you mean, even if I don't necessarily agree... Hawlucha (or whatever it's called) does seem to not have proper bird wings that match up with bird anatomy, even if I thought they were clever.

ashyboy said:
People need to calm down...like cool off the steam...
My honest opinion is that these arent bad at all.
Froakies' last evo looks a bit weird at the face I will not talk about his neck..but nobody pointed out how cool the body shape is.
The hawk looks awesome and has a lot of potential for a badass sort of masked fighter with huge hawk claws( I approve). Love the typing btw.
And wait what is that 2 headed tree exactly.
Lets just wait for the official art I'm sure they'll look better.

I don't think anyone's angry... over the internet opinions may seem a lot harsher than they actually are. I do dislike Chespin a lot, for example, but I don't lose sleep over it...

I think Binarcle is supposed to be a barnacle or coral or something related to those animals.

AdamLambert said:
Macabrelicious said:

I understand and agree with what you're saying. It looks rather strange. Like the body of a man and the head of a bird, but they don't fuse properly. Like something from ancient Egyptian culture. But it's done awkwardly.

Ugh. I really hope these are fakes. Greninja just looks horrible (what's with the triangle head?!?), I can deal with Hawlucha, but still not great, and I dont even know what to say about Binacle. This is just my opinion, and I understand others may disagree, but I really will be mad if these are legit.

AdamLambert said:

Ay, i understood what you meant. Then again, i see the same issue. To me it looks like they slapped human legs onto a bird. The human and animal features don't feel like they were done in a way to flow well enough to be all that coherent. Like making the front of the face appear as a mask i think was a bad move. Instead i think they could have ruffled the feathers to make it look like a mask and not make the eyes sulk in. There are also birds with long legs, so giving it an actual human torso and legs to make it humanoid i think was too much. They could have made it human-like without making it have overly human body parts. There's Sismitoad, and many others that have human qualities, but are not human. Human features are not necessarily needed to make something humanoid. I mean, look at the fart on fire line (Chimchar).

Maybe I missed the talk on this but why isnt anyone talking about these images of the final fire and water starters? they seen way more legit.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20049/20130925/pok-mon-x-y-news-final-starter.htm

joshadshade125 said:
Maybe I missed the talk on this but why isnt anyone talking about these images of the final fire and water starter
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20049/20130925/pok-mon-x-y-news-final-starter.htm

Confirmed fake.

joshadshade125 said:
Maybe I missed the talk on this but why isnt anyone talking about these images of the final fire and water starter

We did. For little. And said thread got locked because we wouldn't stay on topic with the rumors we were supposed to talk about. Those pictures are not the topic, so even though they're related, talking about it might not be the best idea.

Edit: Also, those final evolutions originated from DA. I found the DA of the person who drew them just moments after said thread was locked.

joshadshade125 said:
Maybe I missed the talk on this but why isnt anyone talking about these images of the final fire and water starters? they seen way more legit.
http://zerudez.deviantart.com/ He made them.

Axell Starr said:
joshadshade125 said:

We did. For little. And said thread got locked because we wouldn't stay on topic with the rumors we were supposed to talk about. Those pictures are not the topic, so even though they're related, talking about it might not be the best idea.

Edit: Also, those final evolutions originated from DA. I found the DA of the person who drew them just moments after said thread was locked.

Frig me then... those are most likely the best fakes ive seen ever.

The uglier it looks, the more real it is.

Dislike the 'greninja'
I could warm up to the bird, same with the barnacle thing.

I would be fine if all of these turned out fake, less fine if they were real. Mostly about the frog evo.

joshadshade125 said:
Axell Starr said:

Frig me then... those are most likely the best fakes ive seen ever.

Here is the said picture in question.

I don't really care how the pokemon look like. I'm just sad that if these leaks are real then according to the leakers, postgame the only things you do is capture mewtwo and z legendary. Which will be vey boring after I finish the game.

Am I the only one that really likes Hawlucha? I hope everything is true, except the awful Greninja.

Luke said:
Am I the only one that really likes Hawlucha? I hope everything is true, except the awful Greninja.

Actually, the people who like Hawlucha are in the majority (Lord knows why)

Back