(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

Don't like it. I like some of the fan-made ones better.
I'm glad at least I finally know what they look like though.
Hopefully... just hopefully their evolutions will be much cooler =(

If this gen would take place in the past, I wonder how it's going to be in the anime?

OMG THIS IS THE FUNNIEST FAN ART I SEEN YET xD
i would love to see more of these http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/132/d/a/da65ff95be9470b816af8eec08d6dfee.jpg

Well, I actually kind of like the new Pokemon starts. The only I'm little effy on is the Grass one, but I think its growing on me. I overjoyed that we finally have a cool looking male protagonist again, and the awesome factor went up by thousand when they stated their older than the past protagonists. So, does that mean we are going to see a more evil organization?

FireGrey said:
digimon!?get out you sad sad person!
oh and these starters are awesome
and the game sprites are wicked
they seem so small and simple :)

Dude, I don't really see digimon being any sadder than pokemon is.
I'm not allowed to like both now? Geez. Talk about narrow mindedness.

I can see these starters having really crazy evolutions. ^^

Anyway, initial reaction, I only liked the grass type, and I'm sure he's going to be my starter this time around.
Eventually though, the other two started to grow on me. The pig would be my second choice, but I'm a little
disappointed he came out this way given the potential. Still, once the fan art fades from my mind I think
I'll be happy with him. Water starter is still kind of blah, what with his bottom half looking like some crazy jumpsuit.
But like I said, they'll be growing on me.

As for character designs, they did really well.
Annnnd. Even though I'm going green, I really hope the first gym isn't a Rock Gym again.

"HOO HAH ROCK IS THE TOUGHEST"
"Vine Whip lolz"
"O NOES"

Rayquaza808 said:
i don't know the images have some drawing flaws, such as the circle on the belly of the water starter, and the battle screen shot of the grass and fire battling, it doesn't look like the zoroark battle screen or any previous games, its kinda just all one color, like you could do in photoshop. I'm not saying they are bad, I'm sure if they are real i will eventually like them, just the hype and waiting and all the ideas, they could have done something a little more to amaze me, but they are all very cute

I think the color's caused by Pokabu using Ember/Flamethrower.

I think I figured it out, the grass one (despite having legs and arms) seems very similar to a long nosed whip snake :)
http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Nature/Reptiles/Snakes/AlasPurwoSnake.jpg

See the similarities. I mean it could evolve into snakes
And its tale which looks like Ivy. could mean that it is like a vine growing around a tree, long like a snake and long like Ivy vines.

The Grass-type reminds me of a cross between Treecko and Volbeat for some reason. I pretty much expected the Fire-type to be a pig, or some pig rabbit. I like it the most myself. I actually thought the Water-type was a snowman at first, but now that I think of it, maybe it's evolutions could be Water/Ice. An ice otter thing sounds pretty cool actually.

Well, this must be surely exciting. The starters have finally been revealed today. I am somewhat convinced its real because the scans show the boy and girl characters, who look identical to their in game looks from Pictures and footage of the Black and White games last month. Plus, the city shown looks actually similar to the city we saw last month. Therefore, the scans look real to me.

Well, first, I shall express my opinion about the new starters. The grass one looks pretty cool in me opinion. It really reminds of Flygon for some odd reason, probably because of the eyes that look somewhat like Flygon's. The fire starter looks cool too. This is literally the first time where we have a four legged fire starter, and this time, it appears to be a pig. Well, I did guess right for one thing. That starter is a pig, and a pretty cute and cool one to be exact. Finally, we get to the water starter. Now this is my favorite starter of the three. He looks so cute, as well as cool. His face looks pretty nice, and the shell on his chest is cool too. It is hard to identify what this Pokemon is based off, but to me, I see it as being based off a snowman and an otter. Well, thus far, the water starter will definitely be the starter I will choose.

Now it is time to look at the other stuff. The region, Isshu, is said to be very far away. Well, that's interesting to hear, and the image showing the city is impressive. I also like the boy character a lot. He'll definitely be the gender Ill choose when I get Black or White. Yeah, it is also nice to hear that the boy and girl trainers are older than the previous. This will definitely be exciting to hear.

Yep, Generation 5 is appearing to be one awesome generation thus far. The starters are definitely one of the best out there, in fact, I think they are tied with the Sinnoh starters in terms of coolness. I definitely can't wait for Generation 5 to come out!. I wonder what will be the next they'll reveal.

Crawdaunt King said:
I think I figured it out, the grass one (despite having legs and arms) seems very similar to a long nosed whip snake :)
http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Nature/Reptiles/Snakes/AlasPurwoSnake.jpg

See the similarities. I mean it could evolve into snakes
And its tale which looks like Ivy. could mean that it is like a vine growing around a tree, long like a snake and long like Ivy vines.

I really hope it gains more serpentine features as it evolves because that would be epic, besides something to set apart from Treecko because you know until its evolutions are revealed people are going to keep comparing it to Treecko.

A wisp of a memory of a forgotten past gives voice....

The haters are a bunch of OoT fanboys. Nothing is as good as the originals; nothing's as good as what you grew up with. It's either a.) Too much like the originals, or b.) Not enough like the originals.

Get over it, you're not changing them. The Grass is a reptile, leik omg, they've done that before. You must not have noticed that it doesn't look anything like a Grass starter before it. And omg I just can't believe they'd do ANOTHER pig. After what, two obscure Pokemon? Not to mention that this is the first quadripedal Fire starter.

[/hot air]

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to more.

wow there are alot of people who really like pokemon and whenever there is a new game they're like OMG That sucks and gets any tiny bad point and exagerates it...

I am really digging my snow~otter (lol), and overall, if Generation V keeps up these designs, then I think we have a truly awesome adventure ahead of us.

Ahh, as I suspected, the quality of some of the fan-art interpretations set expectations a little too high.
Gotta admit I'm a little underwhelmed by these, but I by no means hate them.

As soon as I saw the silhouette of the grass type, I knew it had potential to be or evolve into a Pokemon I would love and I'd say that's still the case.
Surprisingly, I thought the fire type, judging by its silhouette, would be completely impossible to salvage a good design from, but I do rather like it! I'm hoping it evolves into something resembling a tusked boar. It may even sway me from choosing the grass type. :eek:
As for the water type... well, no. It's... awful, in my opinion. XD However I do find it interesting that it looks so sad. Perhaps it feels that way because it's so ugly? Of course, it has potential to evolve into something much better so I'm looking forward to seeing that. :)

The most interesting thing about the scan to me though are the designs of the playable characters. The girl actually looks like someone I wouldn't be embarrassed to play as, for once, and the fact both are now older age-wise is very intriguing indeed; it may result in a slightly more complex or challenging plot, which I feel would be welcomed by a fair share of players.

Gale said:
*shrug*

I like the idea of adults instead of kids. Other than that I don't have a big opinion on the starters. I like the fire one more than I thought I would, but I'll wait longer until I actually decide if I like them or not.

What in the good name of God is up with the girl's hair?

They look like 14-15 to me. =/

And what's wrong with the hair? I do that irl all the time and I think it looks good. ;D Plus those type of hairstyles are popular in japan.

As to the starters, for the first time ever I liked the grass one over the others. (I've always gone for Bulba, Squirtle, Cynda, Toto, Torchic, Mudkip, and Piplup) Though I am starting to warm up to the fire pig. ^^ Kinda cute actually.

Who here wants to bet that the final fire evo will be part fighting? He just looks too much like makuhita and grumpig to me not to have at least some fighting moves. ^^'
Tsukaaja will probably be part flying with his final evo. Idea being based on how slim and agile he looks.
Not really sure what to make of the water type... He looks so blank in expression. (Or at least that's my opinion until I see more pics.;D)

The water and grass type are awesome. :D

Fire.. it better have so sick evolutions...

I actually like the boy more now, but the girl less.. her hair is wack..

After just seeing the starters, I am kind of disapponted, I don't really like them, maybe they will grow on me. The only one that seems moderatly cool is the grass started (Can't remember his name).

Back