(1) Announcement from Pokemon Coming January 8th: 6th Generation? [12/29]

I don't see how R/S remakes are improbable. They're just as likely as 6th gen. What ticks me off is people are acting like they know for fact that is 6th gen without a doubt in their mind. Excuse me, but do you work for GameFreak or Nintendo have some insider knowledge you'd care to let us in on? No? Then stop acting all high and mighty that its for sure 6th gen when all it is at this point is speculation on both parties. the 6th gen people have strong points, but so do the R/S remake people.

Agree with the post above. Except for the part that the 6th Gen and RSE remakes have as good points. 6th Gen has stronger points but that doesn't make it true just more probable.

well if a 3DS game(s) is gonna be announced i think it'll probably be a 6Th gen game, it just makes more sense to me to release a whole new story, with new pokemon on a new-ish console rather than releasing a game that most of us have already played.

I'm crossing my fingers for the 6th Generation just to be rid of the ridiculous first turn play anything you want to except evolutions/Rare Candy rule for the TCG. Games/remakes are not a priority for most TCG players right now...

SoulSilver said:
I don't see how R/S remakes are improbable. They're just as likely as 6th gen. What ticks me off is people are acting like they know for fact that is 6th gen without a doubt in their mind. Excuse me, but do you work for GameFreak or Nintendo have some insider knowledge you'd care to let us in on? No? Then stop acting all high and mighty that its for sure 6th gen when all it is at this point is speculation on both parties. the 6th gen people have strong points, but so do the R/S remake people.

They're improbable because of what's going on with the hardware. 5th gen took place on a dying handheld. It's bad enough that Pokemon has stayed on the 3DS as long as it has, to keep going now is foolish. Pokemon needs to move to the 3DS ASAP, and doing that means it's time for 6th gen.

Muddy68 said:
I'm crossing my fingers for the 6th Generation just to be rid of the ridiculous first turn play anything you want to except evolutions/Rare Candy rule for the TCG. Games/remakes are not a priority for most TCG players right now...

I agree that its not a priority but I don't agree with first turn rule. Maybe with disruption card like Ghetsis coming out in the future but I like being able to play trainers T1. I do think though there should be some kind of way to make the "choice" on a flip an actual choice. Like if there was some benefit to going second in certain situations.

I played Trozei.

However, I didn't buy it. :B

Still can't wait for gen 6.

SoulSilver said:

First off, let me say that I am not attempting to flaunt any inside information: we are all just speculating based on patterns and current Nintendo hardware. On that note, let me explain why R/S remakes are improbable:

1. Two scenarios are possible for R/S remakes if they are to come out in 2013: the first is that the games are released on the DS, which, in some cases, can already play the original R/S. Furthermore, this is a dying handheld that was already revived by B2W2. To release R/S remakes on the Nintendo DS would be a shocking move, one that would undoubtedly not happen. I'm no hardware expert, but the leap between the GameBoy and GameBoy Advance (Red/Blue to FRLG) and the leap between the GBC and NDS (G/S to HGSS) were both certainly much more drastic than the leap between the GBA and NDS.

2. If GameFreak were to release the remakes on the 3DS, they would have to make a completely new engine for the games. This would involve new sprites, among other things, to accommodate the 3DS. GameFreak would undoubtedly make this new engine for a new game, not for remakes. If they make the new engine and use it for remakes first, then they sort of "buzz kill" the 6th generation. The excitement factor is gone.

3. Why do you say that Generation VI is just as likely as Ruby/Sapphire remakes? Other than pattern, what credence does your theory have? In fact, there are many things pointing against remakes: the Groudon/Kyogre event in Japan, and the fact that B2W2 housed most of the Hoenn legendaries. While I'm sure you'll argue that the Gen VI theory's only credence is pattern, think again: Best Wishes animé is almost done, the DS is dying, and there is no "wow factor" other than Gen VI, left for the Genesect movie (cite: WPM).

Don't get me wrong, I want R/S remakes as much as the next guy. Generation III was my first experience with Pokémon, and I'd love to experience the same sense of nostalgia that older players had when they played HGSS/FRLG. In fact, I'd kind of prefer them over a Gen VI at this point, but it is not favorable for GameFreak to do so at this point.

I'd love to hear your support for a Generation III remake. Maybe I am overlooking something.

SoulSilver said:

I havent seen any actual argument that would make RS remakes look like a close possibility (whereas new gen already just goes hand in hand with new handheld which is overdue etc..), and even if they did, Id expect gamefreak to pull off something more creative than copy paste remakes for a change anyway.

Maybe... Game Freak does something so new and innovative everyone and their grandmother is caught off-guard: Gen. 6 games are within the RSE remakes! O_O Games within games - Start off your journey in Blahblah region and post-game travel to Hoenn and travel through there, or vice-versa!

... Please don't take this seriously. Looking forward to whatever this announcement happens to be.

Apparently, Morimoto from Game Freak is on Pokémon Sunday (I refuse to call it Smash) on the 6th. Should we expect anything new from that show?

This announcement could easily be RS Remakes, Gen VI or something else but until then we can only speculate.

I think (and hope) it will be the 6th gen announcement. I am really curious to see wat kind of new Pokemon they came up with this time.
Unlike some other people here I don't think it will be a remake of RSE since emerald already was kind of a remake. but we will see at the 8th of January

I think (and hope) it will be the 6th gen announcement. I am really curious to see wat kind of new Pokemon they came up with this time.
Unlike some other people here I don't think it will be a remake of RSE since emerald already was kind of a remake. but we will see at the 8th of January

Then Crystal would be sort of a remake for GS and they did HGSS.

You could also say that Yellow was similar to Crystal and they did FRLF.

You see, Crystal and Yellow didn't have much significant changes in the storyline (having to pursuit Suicune wasn't that big of a deal to me. Also, they included that part in HGSS anyway)... In Gen 3 however (and later Gen 4), the third version has a totally different end to the main plot (While in RS, you could only fight Kyogre or Groudon, in Emerald, you instead have to wake up Rayquaza so it can stop the fight between the two and you can catch those 2 post-game. In Gold and Silver, you could already catch the other legendary post-game, without the need to play Crystal). That's why I don't even want RS remakes, if they want to remake a gen 3 game, let them remake Emerald instead, which has much more stuff post-game and completes the story of the weather trio. Though I still think a remake is not necessary...

Well, obviously R/S remakes will have Emerald features. They'll just be under the Ruby and Sapphire names because then they can make two copies of the game as opposed to just 1 and thus a bigger payout for them. As you said, HG/SS featured the Suicune sub-plot which was exclusive to Crystal but there wasn't any ______Crystal game. So R/S will be the ones remade, but have Emerald features.

Metalizard said:
You see, Crystal and Yellow didn't have much significant changes in the storyline (having to pursuit Suicune wasn't that big of a deal to me. Also, they included that part in HGSS anyway)... In Gen 3 however (and later Gen 4), the third version has a totally different end to the main plot (While in RS, you could only fight Kyogre or Groudon, in Emerald, you instead have to wake up Rayquaza so it can stop the fight between the two and you can catch those 2 post-game. In Gold and Silver, you could already catch the other legendary post-game, without the need to play Crystal). That's why I don't even want RS remakes, if they want to remake a gen 3 game, let them remake Emerald instead, which has much more stuff post-game and completes the story of the weather trio. Though I still think a remake is not necessary...

If they're making a straight remake, it probably will resemble the plot of Emerald where both teams would be evil and Rayquaza will play a role. And it certainly will have all of those features from Emerald as well.

They won't remake Crystal or Emerald. They will integrate Emerald features into two Ruby & Sapphire remakes as they did with HGSS.

Back