(1) Announcement from Pokemon Coming January 8th: 6th Generation? [12/29]

Speaking of rotations, what current one?

Also, I think they'll throw a fastball. RSE remakes with gen 6 in it!

Also: Pokemon RebelRuby and Pokemon SeriousSaphhire and Pokemon EvilEmerald.

I'm still saying Ruby and Sapphire remakes. To me that's the obvious answer.

SoulSilver said:

If they do, I'll scream at the top of my lungs 'Whats going on?!?!?!!?' (Get refernce, you get 9001+ awesomeness)

Am I imagining things, or do I see a really blurry pic of Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon in the background of that screencap?

Salamencetrainer34 said:
SoulSilver said:

If they do, I'll scream at the top of my lungs 'Whats going on?!?!?!!?' (Get refernce, you get 9001+ awesomeness)

Only thing that comes to mind is the LPer Dario8676.

Four possibilities:

40% 6th Gen
35% RSE Remakes
20% Something that nobody cares about
5% Something completely different

I could see them all happening.

I doubt it's RS remakes. If it is, they'll be on the DS, and that'd be a bit ridiculous. The next main series games will likely be on the 3DS, and it would need to be 6th gen, since there'd be compatibility issues. And they won't start off 6th gen with RS remakes, it's better to start with completely new games that can experiment with new features present in 6th gen and then RS remakes can draw off those improvements and make some of their own. So it's highly likely we're getting completely new 6th gen games next.

Also, I hope when they say they're "evolving" the series that doesn't mean that 6th gen is another "reboot", that's getting really annoying. They've had too many "reboots" as is, and it's getting quite annoying. It's bad for the series' progress if we keep throwing out the improvements past gen games made at the beginning of the generation all the time. This kind of nonsense needs to stop.

compatibility issues? Has everyone forgotten the little something called inferred? >_>

Water Pokémon Master said:
its probbably not a 6th gen announcement, It's far more likely to be 3rd gen remakes, if it is a 6th gen announcement we're probably not getting 3rd gen remakes.

SkySheild21 said:
6th gen mixed with 3rd gen maybe. They would be killing 2 birds with one stone.

You mean like making the 6th gen region Hoenn's version of Johto? I'd rather not have two regions in one. When they did it in GSCHGSS, it had bad pacing and distribution. I'd rather the 6th gen region be a large and independent region like Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Bolt the Cat said:
SkySheild21 said:
6th gen mixed with 3rd gen maybe. They would be killing 2 birds with one stone.

You mean like making the 6th gen region Hoenn's version of Johto? I'd rather not have two regions in one. When they did it in GSCHGSS, it had bad pacing and distribution. I'd rather the 6th gen region be a large and independent region like Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Sort of but just making one big region with 3rd gen in it.

SkySheild21 said:
Sort of but just making one big region with 3rd gen in it.

That wouldn't "kill two birds with one stone", though. People want to go back to Hoenn, that's part of what they want in a RS remakes. And they're not going to set the 6th gen games in Hoenn, so the only way what you suggested would be possible is if they'd have two regions in those games, Hoenn and the new 6th gen region.

SoulSilver said:
divine-reaperxx said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
its probbably not a 6th gen announcement, It's far more likely to be 3rd gen remakes, if it is a 6th gen announcement we're probably not getting 3rd gen remakes.

WHY do you guys think it's going to be a Gen 3 remake? If GF said they would "evolve" the world of Pokemon, THEY WON'T RELEASE REMAKES. They're going innovate, not rehash.

^It wouldn't be the same. In Gen 2, you got access to Kanto but didn't get to experience the full storyline. I don't think that's what people who are hoping for RS remakes really want. I could be wrong though.

The Yoshi said:
^It wouldn't be the same. In Gen 2, you got access to Kanto but didn't get to experience the full storyline. I don't think that's what people who are hoping for RS remakes really want. I could be wrong though.

Yeah i guess, but its still nostagic, nonetheless and thats what a lot of people are looking for too.

Back