(1) Announcement from Pokemon Coming January 8th: 6th Generation? [12/29]

I bet this announcement is about something so insignificant to tick EVERYBODY off.

Or Gen 6.

Or something dumb.

As I have stated before:
Pokemon is a major franchise. This franchise doesn't have a 3DS game of the main series. So would the first game for the 3DS be a remake? I don't think so.

I agree with the Gen 6 camp.

It just makes the most sense & personally I'd prefer for a Gen 6 and THEN R/S remakes. It seems like the better/ smarter choice. (Both being for the 3DS, of course).

I really do not expect another DS game. That would be insane, but we'll see in a couple days.

ChillBill said:
As I have stated before:
Pokemon is a major franchise. This franchise doesn't have a 3DS game of the main series. So would the first game for the 3DS be a remake? I don't think so.

Bad example, considering the first Mario DS and Zelda 3DS games were remakes :p

D.N.A said:
ChillBill said:
As I have stated before:

That is a good point! lol but I doubt this applies to Pokemon (Could be wrong) :p

They did say Pokemon was set to "evolve" this year. idk about you but that doesnt seem to hint at remakes. It must mean gen 6 (unless I'm taking it too literally)

D.N.A said:
ChillBill said:
As I have stated before:

Remake? Mario wasn't Zelda was, plus they have different developers.

I'm not arguing against the fact that the first 3DS main series Pokemon games will be new generation games, I just doing think the one particular rationalisation I quoted is of the top order.

Well, I don't know. At least for Pokemon, look the past: G/S for Color, R/S for GBA, before FRLG's release, DPP for DS before HGSS... Maybe they will change this, who knows? I never said I'm sure, it's just an idea. I prefer RSE remakes after all.

I registered just because I see how many people are for R/S remakes.

Sure, everyone loves a remake, me too. Nothing better than reliving
the nostalgia. But why do you want it so badly? GameFreak has to
make a decision, what will bring them more money. Think, a remake
or a totally new generation? It looks like you guys don't even want to see
new generations.

Yes, there are a lot of references in games about Hoenn. So is it for
every gen. in every game. And the big announcement for the whole world.
The last time everything so big was planning to be revealed was for
5th gen.

So, my toughs are like this. This is something major big.
I'm 60% on 6th generation games. For the remakes...
I don't see them happening. At least not original ones.
Like someone said I think there might be Emerald remake
or R/S 2. So 40% on "new" R/S.

Raigetsu said:
You know what would be interesting? a Sequel to R/S/E like BW2

As much as I would love this, I don't think it'll happen. At least not now.
Not everyone has played the original Ruby & Sapphire, i'm mainly talking about the kids growing up with Pokemon these days. What I feel could be probable and worthwhile for GameFreak in terms of keeping Pokemon occupied for a few more years and bringing in large amounts of money would be:
1. Ruby & Sapphire Remakes
2 Generation VI
3 Ruby 2 & Sapphire 2
That way more people will be familiarized with the Ruby & Sapphire storyline, and who knows R2/S2 could even connect or allude to Gen VI's storyline or something. I would welcome this.

R/S 2 is definitely the least probable. Considering that RSE is 10 years old, there is no way for Pokemon players of the last five years at least to know much about it. So they would look at the sequel and say "Archie, my old enemy? Who the hell is that Archie?"

I wanted R/S remakes this Gen because:

The distance is (or was) 2 Gens. I still want it though I know that it has a small possibility of happening.

My only hope is that if it does wind up being Gen VI, please for the love of everything, don't give us a 4th Fire/Fighting starter. Yes, the ones we have are cool and all, but its just getting stale and predictable.

To everyone that's arguing they would not make a remake because Gen VI would make them more money, a remake would also take less time, and cost a lot less to develop. They don't have to create any more new Pokemon, they don't have to make a new region from scratch, and if it's a HG/SS style remake, they don't have to do much to the story, or even change the dialogue much. I wouldn't be surprised if they could make 2 different remakes (remake FR/LG and R/S maybe) in the time it takes to make one completely new game.

Not that I think they're going to remake both, or either, but there's no reason to discount a remake purely because "It'll make them less money."

SoulSilver said:
My only hope is that if it does wind up being Gen VI, please for the love of everything, don't give us a 4th Fire/Fighting starter. Yes, the ones we have are cool and all, but its just getting stale and predictable.

I didn't like Emboar really.

Back