Finished Mafia XLII: War of the Gods ~ GAME OVER ~ Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NP actually gave a reason why for this; did you miss it?
OH THERE'S THE OTHER QUESTION.
And here's my response:
There are a number of flaws here:
1) How is bb meant to bandwagon someone without another player placing a first vote?
2) Bandwagons are the spokesperson of WIFOMing. Think about it. If a scum bandwagons on town and they get lynched, scum wins out. If a scum bandwagons on scum and they get lynched, scum wins town cred.
3) Though the bandwagon is in RVS, it's actually IMO more important for everyone to feel the effects of RVS rather than just a few people more strongly.
4) It's important not to make your opinions sound like facts. It's scummy and it seems like you're trying to lead a bit too hard.

Point 4 is a major mindset shift I've seen this game. There was a bit of it in the last game's postgame too, but whenever you've played as town, it simply hasn't been the case. Beyond that, it's weird that you're picking apart every single post now and that you haven't done it before. Because uh, that's how I play scum. It's actually my biggest scumtell. And the reason why it's a scumtell in general is because you get more paranoid as scum, and therefore have to make sure there aren't hidden messages in the posts of your other players where they suspect you. And also the lust for control over the game, which is consolidated by your incredibly opinionated tone.

This is also why I included the idea that you're acting like you describe your town play as. You've talked about the importance of RVS for ages, but you've always seemed a little too insecure to go all-out with it. In this game, you are going all-out. This shift is because you know who's scum and who isn't, and your RVS pushes are for a purpose -- I'm sure of it.
Like, I full-on quoted NP in it and everything.

Wouldn't really be surprised to see a Cel and NP scumteam. Really my only scumread's based off of what other people have said.
What specifically makes you think that Cel is bussing me (as opposed to it being scum vs townie or townie vs townie)?
You don't live in my head and this isn't what's happening. I'm looking at all the cases, but the vast majority suck completely. The only other case is HW, who is being voted for because of his playstyle. I'm not sure what else you want from me.
Maybe stop pushing me constantly, so I can have the time to make a case on someone?
Of course, there are a large amount of players who have no pressure on them. That's regrettable, and should be changed. But instead of doing so (what happened to your extremely aggressive RVS play, huh?) you opted to OMGUS me instead. I'm not going to move my vote away from obvscum to potentially end up pressuring an inexperienced townie who buckles under the pressure, giving you a free pass. That sounds like a fairly dumb thing to do.
I can't pressure people and defend myself, due to the fact that writing a post on mobile takes so much more time than normal. If you took the time to back off, I could.
I want everyone to comment on NP's case, no exceptions, and from the time of this post. IDC if you've done it already. A genuine (he is town / not town / I'm ambivalent because of XYZ). Will tag when I get to a computer (and reply to bb's post because he gets sad when I don't).[/QUOTE]
The thing I find really weird here is how bb isn't delving deeply at all whatsoever. The second bullet point in particular strikes me as funny logic, because it is almost offensively shallow. "Potential hypocrisy" is never a point against anyone without that hypocrisy having a stated purpose beyond that. And there is, of course, not a deeper aspect necessarily to the hypocrisy point because it's a point no one has made before bb did. bb literally decided to make a point against NP which is weaker than the current points against NP so that the entire case would seem weaker. Which is really, really strange.
People have said that before. I don't defend against points that haven't been made. Please stop tunneling me, and read the thread to determine what I really am saying. Don't expect a response from me unless it's a new point, and stop twisting my words.
That being said, bb's case on you is a large reach. I actually consider your play townie so far, since I don't think you as scum would reach for a mislynch so much on Day 1.
Also, make a full case on me (even if it is just quoting yourself for an entire post, as a tl;dr for those who feel like skimming this argument (and give a point list, like bb did). This is like a Celever-Camo argument; it just hurts the town (as people are to afraid too bring up their own thoughts and lurkers don't read the thread fully), and provides nothing but an innocent lynch.

Perfect; that's exactly the response I wanted. Different "posts" are separated by tildes for the sake of tidiness, so treat this as a bunch of double posting:

leads to
A number of questions from myself and others, and a number of responses and other posts have occurred between those two posts. If you expect me to have the exact same read after all of that, then that is absurd.

Trying to form a contradiction, when beforehand I said:

Which nullifies the contradiction completely.
No clue what you're trying to achieve here, since that post contains the contradiction. You say that there is a large amount of players without pressure and this is a problem, yet you were the one that exclusively focused on NP early on, which is counterproductive to this spread-pressure idea. Hence, it's a contradiction in ideas.

This is trying to antagonise me packing and not having access to a computer, as previously stated in response to him here:

And bb shouldn't need a recap, frankly. I play differently to bb (lay almost all my cards on the table 24/7, and if I don't it's because I forget) whereas bb keeps his cases secret and hidden until they're big. The case is in the thread and I've been packing and have been unable to do it.
I said exactly why restating the case would be helpful for both myself and others. To quote you again:

"If you know already (replace with "your case" for this context) it shouldn't take any time or desire."

It shouldn't take you much time to restate your case if you know it. It would certainly take less time than the time it would have taken to make all these recent posts.

This is frankly becoming confusing. I did, after all, make an entire post with the sole purpose of pointing out where I already answered the question here (it was done with quotes; click the quote link arrow thing):

I don't even know what's happening at this point. I don't know where this question is, or what bb means by it. If NP's shoddy defenses didn't change my mind, it's for good reason. I mean, he's been defending himself like scattered stated here:
Yes, I agree, this is becoming confusing, and so I'm leaving it here. You definitely didn't respond directly; you might have responded to me indirectly, and if you did, be more explicit next time.

But then you said this in response:

Even though you've been, up to this point, heralding NP's defenses.
Believe it or not, I don't stick to one extreme. I'm not trying to tunnel NP as town. I'm trying to build a good read. If a point makes sense, then it makes sense. If a point doesn't make sense, or is defended well, then that point doesn't make sense or is defended well. Again, you expecting me to have the exact same read after points are raised (even in a single post) is unrealistic.

K, I'm leaving now. bb's interactions with NP are weird, his case-building has more holes in it than a mole infestation and he's reaching unnecessarily and confusingly. I don't even know what to think; he's stopped making sense. If NP flips scum, bb is a brilliant lead. If NP flips town, bb could still be a decent lead tomorrow. However, NP is scummier today. Even though bb is weird. I would be happy to lynch bb too.
I'd like to see @everyone's thoughts on this, particularly yours @scattered mind. Do you think that Celever's case makes sense or not, and why? Do you think that my points make sense or not, and why? If NP is lynched and flips, what do you think it indiccates of other players (not necessarily just me)?

That being said, bb's case on you is a large reach. I actually consider your play townie so far, since I don't think you as scum would reach for a mislynch so much on Day 1.
I'd like to clarify that I don't actually have a case on Celever, nor am I trying to build a case (or wagon) on him. I don't think I've actually said that he's actually scum, rather that he's being anti-town and that the odd thing is scummy (however not yet commented on whether that indicates an alignment). My vote is on him atm, but it's just pressure; I'm planning on moving it soon.

Just ignore my posts. I asked you for a case earlier lol. So by making one it is defending yourself.

Perfect; that's exactly the response I wanted. Different "posts" are separated by tildes for the sake of tidiness, so treat this as a bunch of double posting:

leads to

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trying to form a contradiction, when beforehand I said:

Which nullifies the contradiction completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is trying to antagonise me packing and not having access to a computer, as previously stated in response to him here:

And bb shouldn't need a recap, frankly. I play differently to bb (lay almost all my cards on the table 24/7, and if I don't it's because I forget) whereas bb keeps his cases secret and hidden until they're big. The case is in the thread and I've been packing and have been unable to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is frankly becoming confusing. I did, after all, make an entire post with the sole purpose of pointing out where I already answered the question here (it was done with quotes; click the quote link arrow thing):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't even know what's happening at this point. I don't know where this question is, or what bb means by it. If NP's shoddy defenses didn't change my mind, it's for good reason. I mean, he's been defending himself like scattered stated here:

But then you said this in response:

Even though you've been, up to this point, heralding NP's defenses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

K, I'm leaving now. bb's interactions with NP are weird, his case-building has more holes in it than a mole infestation and he's reaching unnecessarily and confusingly. I don't even know what to think; he's stopped making sense. If NP flips scum, bb is a brilliant lead. If NP flips town, bb could still be a decent lead tomorrow. However, NP is scummier today. Even though bb is weird. I would be happy to lynch bb too.
This last paragraph is just setting up a lynch. BB is a good no matter how I flip? At least make up your mind on why you think he's defending me (trying to stop my lynch, or trying to get towncred from it).

I am not sure what the connection certain players believe NP and bb have is. I even asked Rainy about it and still waiting for an answer.
The best thing I can find is the way bb was vague about NP's case?
I also don't like that Celever ignored my and others request to reexplain the case on NP. Or at least explaining why not.
Also I must admit that once bb and Celever start arguing, it becomes a real mess that no one including them can really understand what's going on anymore. It's like one of them should really summarize their argument for the sake of other's ability to participate.

Basically both of them did the townie thing of stopping the conversation for others to comment so that is one townie point for each one.

Sorry for third post in a row- going to be at work for the next 4 hours, so I will have limited access/willingness to post through my phone.

Well that didn't really happen.
Yeah...fell asleep while typing

I put my bet on NP being scum. Not sure about voting him, though
If you think he's scum, why wouldn't we vote for him?

I want everyone to comment on NP's case, no exceptions, and from the time of this post. IDC if you've done it already. A genuine (he is town / not town / I'm ambivalent because of XYZ). Will tag when I get to a computer (and reply to bb's post because he gets sad when I don't).
Here I go:
If I understand the whole case, it started by NP saying bb's vote was a good vote? Which I don't exactly see how that's scummy...could someone please explain? Also playing more aggressive than usual. I saw him not answering some questions and saying he needed to leave, then he'd still be on and but not answering the questions (I believe he answered all the questions eventually, though will look back again to double check).

I don't really know if I see Cel a scummy or not, I was mainly going with the fact that he was tunneling into NP right away. Don't have anything else on him atm so I'm just going to drop that case and keep an eye on him.

I find this confusing. So bb's a good lynch option either way?

also I don't see a reason to keep my vote where it is, so ##Unvote: Haunted Water

@Jadethepokemontrainer Any response to my question?
In theory, a case on someone should come in the next couple of hours. I may have to do some errands, so you shouldn't count on it. It will be up by the day of the day, though.

but he seems to be playing with Camo's aggression but with attempting to explain his actions.
NP's play isn't even remotely close to Camo, because the only aggresive thing was pressuring me because I didn't give a reason in RVS.
I put my bet on NP being scum
Why? Why do you think NP is scum?
@Haunted Water 3: Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) l mordacazir (vote) l
@Jadethepokemontrainer Do you have a Double Voteweight
- conciousness of own play
How is that scummy?
Yeah...fell asleep while typing
*Facepalm emoji* :p
If I understand the whole case, it started by NP saying bb's vote was a good vote?
No, I think it started because NP was pressuring me aggresively because I didn't give reasoning for an RVS vote.

My thoughts on NP haven't changed much. I no longer see much connection with bb (which I think could be planned to distance them from each other). He's been pretty illogical a few times, as well as hypocritical based on the situation he's in.
I'd like to clarify that I don't actually have a case on Celever, nor am I trying to build a case (or wagon) on him. I don't think I've actually said that he's actually scum, rather that he's being anti-town and that the odd thing is scummy (however not yet commented on whether that indicates an alignment). My vote is on him atm, but it's just pressure; I'm planning on moving it soon.
This is normal. We've seen him get like this pretty much every recent game D1. He seems like anti-town but considering it's Celever there's nothing new happening here.
I am not sure what the connection certain players believe NP and bb have is. I even asked Rainy about it and still waiting for an answer.
The best thing I can find is the way bb was vague about NP's case?
It made sense at first but they're doing well distancing themselves from each other. That said, NP's lynch gives an accurate read on BB, which in these games is crucial.

Guys this is an absolute mess. Celever needs to stop tunneling, both BB and Celever need to stop fueling each other's fires, or we'll end up lynching a townie caught in the middle. ##UNVOTE: Professor Palutena
If I understand the whole case, it started by NP saying bb's vote was a good vote? Which I don't exactly see how that's scummy...could someone please explain? Also playing more aggressive than usual. I saw him not answering some questions and saying he needed to leave, then he'd still be on and but not answering the questions (I believe he answered all the questions eventually, though will look back again to double check).
Kinda true, kinda not true. Mostly he would, occasionally he wouldn't. Great point though, never thought of that.
@Jadethepokemontrainer Any response to my question?
In theory, a case on someone should come in the next couple of hours. I may have to do some errands, so you shouldn't count on it. It will be up by the day of the day, though.
If you have any time, you mind requoting the question? You've asked quite a few so I have no idea which question you're referring to.
No, I think it started because NP was pressuring me aggresively because I didn't give reasoning for an RVS vote.
Jade's right, that's exactly what put NP in the spotlight, but him pressuring you was a factor.

##Vote: Ninja Penguin

Was originally gonna RVS, but looked over the posts, and dude, I think I might've played a couple games with you, but this one you definetely seem a lot more aggressive, at least to my expierence. Call it bandwagon, but this is just what I've noticed. And we are barely into the game. Not only this, but, the first quoted message just seemed scummy to me, as though he could possibly be covering up for BB. Probably completely wrong, but again, just what I've noticed.
Sorry if it didn't quote the whole passage I wanted to quote, but mobile is not the best yknow. Anyways, I sort of agree with lorde on this one, he's a seasoned player, that's weird dude, and it morely hints towards what I said first in that slight possibility or NP and BB scumteam.

Can you quote and explain the connection between bb and NP?
tbh to thought I kind of explained it here. It was just a minor thought.

If you think he's scum, why wouldn't we vote for him?

Eventually we might vote for him but the day is still running, and it's always important to look for other options.

Why? Why do you think NP is scum?

Because of the case made by Celever, which I sort of paraphrased here:

The case is that he's trying hard to play according to what he refers to his town meta.

And I said, it is an alarming issue if used as a defense.

tbh to thought I kind of explained it here. It was just a minor thought.

I doubt that this was a defense made by NP for bb. I think scum NP would not feel the need to defend scum bb because of 1. bb's experience to handle by himself. 2. the fact that it was a weak accusation. Putting a vote after someone else does not risk anything if it's just 2 votes during RVS, so the point made by Lord (I think it was Lord) was not very good. I was actually thinking that it was a slip because it seemed like NP referred to something bb said somewhere, but then NP explained that it is some kind of play to get reaction by himself. bb never confirmed this, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back