Finished Mafia XLII: War of the Gods ~ GAME OVER ~ Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like you to restate the case on NP. IDC if you've done it already.

I'm leaving for a 3-day camping holiday in an hour or so. That's why I gave a last bid of getting everyone to contribute before I become entirely phonebound.

You don't need a recap. You've been commenting on it already, but you've also been absolutely all over the place with your thoughts on it.

Either way, are you sure that your thoughts are the same as lordes, because what lorde said was very WIFOMy and simply not well thought out - anything can be a fabricated stance.
You misunderstood the case but responded to bb decently.
The context within each quote is that bb found it weird that his bad question was responded to adequately by Lorde given that Lorde didn't understand the case well. Lorde became surprised by it too, hence the direct address in my response. So I answered both question at once. Wow, much multi-talent, such multi-task.

This is an interesting interaction and could well be bb going in the scumchat like "huh???? Lorde replied terribly!" making Lorde think the same thing.

Was originally gonna RVS, but looked over the posts, and dude, I think I might've played a couple games with you, but this one you definetely seem a lot more aggressive, at least to my expierence. Call it bandwagon, but this is just what I've noticed. And we are barely into the game. Not only this, but, the first quoted message just seemed scummy to me, as though he could possibly be covering up for BB. Probably completely wrong, but again, just what I've noticed.

Can you quote and explain the connection between bb and NP? To gather info.

I quoted it because I saw that it was another reason to justify my action in voting NP. Now if you want aggressiveness

The word choice (justifying your case) is a bit scummy. As if you tried to bandwagon and look for any relevant quote to make your vote look good, without actually understanding what the quote was about.

I'm leaving for a 3-day camping holiday in an hour or so. That's why I gave a last bid of getting everyone to contribute before I become entirely phonebound.

You don't need a recap. You've been commenting on it already, but you've also been absolutely all over the place with your thoughts on it.
What, so you want people to restate their thoughts on the NP case (even if they have stated them already) but you deem it unnecessary to restate the case yourself? You have been quite inconsistent/hypocritical this game with your logic. I'm asking for a recap both for my benefit (in case I miss anything) and for the other's benefit (so it is most clear). Plus, it can show consistency on your part, which is important for scumhunting. You should know this all by now, and making judgements like you have on the importance of such things as this is most unhelpful and anti-town.

The context within each quote is that bb found it weird that his bad question was responded to adequately by Lorde given that Lorde didn't understand the case well. Lorde became surprised by it too, hence the direct address in my response. So I answered both question at once. Wow, much multi-talent, such multi-task.

And you are yet to point out where you actually answered both questions. Why do you keep making things difficult for people?

"bad question" ----> Who gave you the authority to declare questions as bad based off some subjective criteria of yours? Neither of the questions that I asked were bad ("NP actually gave a reason why for this; did you miss it?" and "Are you sure that your thoughts are the same as lordes, because what lorde said was very WIFOMy...") - I was trying to obtain the necessary clarification and you have chosen to make this difficult.

As response to your "the context is that bb found it weird"; to borrow your line: "You don't live in my head and this isn't what's happening." Entirely applicable in your context claim; you are being hypocritical.

This is an interesting interaction and could well be bb going in the scumchat like "huh???? Lorde replied terribly!" making Lorde think the same thing.
Oh, yes, and that totally makes sense. I thought you didn't like OMGUS (second paragraph)? You've got some double standards going on right now.

What part of the above isn't replying to you @bbninjas ?
No clue what you're referring to here. If you talking about my list of quotes, then all of it isn't a response to me. If you're talking about the posts you just now made, then great, you finally decided to stop ignoring everyone else for once.

The word choice (justifying your case) is a bit scummy. As if you tried to bandwagon and look for any relevant quote to make your vote look good, without actually understanding what the quote was about.
I think this might be indication of rainy trying harder to play and just not fully being there yet, but curious to hear his response.

I have been somewhat vague about my thoughts on the NP case intentionally, because I've been watching how it goes.

Anyway, I think that the NP case is something like this:
- NP is more aggressive than normal
-

3) Though the bandwagon is in RVS, it's actually IMO more important for everyone to feel the effects of RVS rather than just a few people more strongly.
Just noticed this. You say it's important for everyone to feel the effects of RVS, yet you were the main person to focus the early Day on NinjaPenguin. Surprise - another contradiction!

Day 1: Votecount 1

All votes are in chronological order
The players being voted are in alphabetical order
The player(s) with the most votes is tagged
The majority for a lynch is 7
If you think there’s anything wrong please tell
##VOTE: NinjaPenguin
The following vote doesn’t count due to Celever not unvoting.

bbninjas 1: Mordacazir (vote) l lord o da rings (vote) l Professor Palutena (vote) l
Celever 2: Mirdo (vote) l bbninjas (vote) l
@Haunted Water 3: Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) l mordacazir (vote) l
Ice Espeon 1: NinjaPenguin (vote) l
Mordacazir 0: Ninjapenguin (vote) l
Mirdo 2: scattered mind (vote) l Ice Espeon (vote) l
NinjaPenguin 1: Lord o da rings (vote) l bbninjas (vote) l scattered mind (vote) l rainyman123 (vote) l
Professor Palutena 1: scattered mind (vote) l lord o da rings (vote) l

A reminder that Day 1 ends in 72 hours on June 27th 7am EST.

rip, didn't finish the post:
--
I have been somewhat vague about my thoughts on the NP case intentionally, because I've been watching how it goes.

- potential hypocrisy/selectiveness in saying bb's initial vote was 'good' and the rest were 'bad'
- uses some flawed logic occassionally
- conciousness of own play

And if I'm missing something or am wrong about these points, then maybe you should've been helpful and actually restated the case instead of going "nah, too bad".

Anyway, no, I'm not feeling it. I think the first two points have been explained and those explanations make sense - here and here (last quote). I'm not discounting the evidence as, yes, explanations can be fabricated, however think both is adequately explained and thus I do not find these points compelling evidence. Flawed logic isn't really a scumtell; town used flawed logic regularly, and it tends to come with experience. Flawed logic can be a sign of trying too hard, which can be scummy with certain players (like me!). NP is one of those players that has tried too hard recently in the past as town, hence this isn't indicative of alignment. I believe (although might be wrong here) that NP has consistently been conciousness of his own play, which again isn't indicative of alignment.

NP has consistently been conciousness of his own play, which again isn't indicative of alignment.

Well that's right there is what people are disagreeing on. Being aware of your own play is ok, trying to defend yourself by claiming that is .. alarming.

The one thing I can say is that Celever is very sure about this case, so restating the case could be helpful, as it feels like I'm missing something with the way he's so confident NP's scum.

Well that's right there is what people are disagreeing on. Being aware of your own play is ok, trying to defend yourself by claiming that is .. alarming.
Okay, that is fair enough. Both alignments can defend themselves with their own play, especially if that person is a particularly analytical type, however that is somewhat more common on a scum alignment because they need to be aware of their town play. Is there any more evidence to this case? (@Celever, I'm looking at you.)

Perfect; that's exactly the response I wanted. Different "posts" are separated by tildes for the sake of tidiness, so treat this as a bunch of double posting:

I think Celever might be onto something, and this is the most interesting part of it. I can't figure out if it's annoyance of Celever pushing for him, or whether it's just a cop-out.

@everyone Should post their thoughts on the NP case.
leads to

- potential hypocrisy/selectiveness in saying bb's initial vote was 'good' and the rest were 'bad'

And if I'm missing something or am wrong about these points, then maybe you should've been helpful and actually restated the case instead of going "nah, too bad".

Anyway, no, I'm not feeling it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just noticed this. You say it's important for everyone to feel the effects of RVS, yet you were the main person to focus the early Day on NinjaPenguin. Surprise - another contradiction!
Trying to form a contradiction, when beforehand I said:
Of course, there are a large amount of players who have no pressure on them. That's regrettable, and should be changed. But instead of doing so (what happened to your extremely aggressive RVS play, huh?) you opted to OMGUS me instead. I'm not going to move my vote away from obvscum to potentially end up pressuring an inexperienced townie who buckles under the pressure, giving you a free pass. That sounds like a fairly dumb thing to do.
Which nullifies the contradiction completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What, so you want people to restate their thoughts on the NP case (even if they have stated them already) but you deem it unnecessary to restate the case yourself?
This is trying to antagonise me packing and not having access to a computer, as previously stated in response to him here:

And bb shouldn't need a recap, frankly. I play differently to bb (lay almost all my cards on the table 24/7, and if I don't it's because I forget) whereas bb keeps his cases secret and hidden until they're big. The case is in the thread and I've been packing and have been unable to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And you are yet to point out where you actually answered both questions. Why do you keep making things difficult for people?
This is frankly becoming confusing. I did, after all, make an entire post with the sole purpose of pointing out where I already answered the question here (it was done with quotes; click the quote link arrow thing):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neither of the questions that I asked were bad ("NP actually gave a reason why for this; did you miss it?"
I don't even know what's happening at this point. I don't know where this question is, or what bb means by it. If NP's shoddy defenses didn't change my mind, it's for good reason. I mean, he's been defending himself like scattered stated here:
But then you said this in response:
Okay, that is fair enough. Both alignments can defend themselves with their own play, especially if that person is a particularly analytical type, however that is somewhat more common on a scum alignment because they need to be aware of their town play. Is there any more evidence to this case? (@Celever, I'm looking at you.)
Even though you've been, up to this point, heralding NP's defenses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

K, I'm leaving now. bb's interactions with NP are weird, his case-building has more holes in it than a mole infestation and he's reaching unnecessarily and confusingly. I don't even know what to think; he's stopped making sense. If NP flips scum, bb is a brilliant lead. If NP flips town, bb could still be a decent lead tomorrow. However, NP is scummier today. Even though bb is weird. I would be happy to lynch bb too.

Anyway, no, I'm not feeling it. I think the first two points have been explained and those explanations make sense - here and here (last quote). I'm not discounting the evidence as, yes, explanations can be fabricated, however think both is adequately explained and thus I do not find these points compelling evidence. Flawed logic isn't really a scumtell; town used flawed logic regularly, and it tends to come with experience. Flawed logic can be a sign of trying too hard, which can be scummy with certain players (like me!). NP is one of those players that has tried too hard recently in the past as town, hence this isn't indicative of alignment. I believe (although might be wrong here) that NP has consistently been conciousness of his own play, which again isn't indicative of alignment.
The thing I find really weird here is how bb isn't delving deeply at all whatsoever. The second bullet point in particular strikes me as funny logic, because it is almost offensively shallow. "Potential hypocrisy" is never a point against anyone without that hypocrisy having a stated purpose beyond that. And there is, of course, not a deeper aspect necessarily to the hypocrisy point because it's a point no one has made before bb did. bb literally decided to make a point against NP which is weaker than the current points against NP so that the entire case would seem weaker. Which is really, really strange.

The thing I find really weird here is how bb isn't delving deeply at all whatsoever. The second bullet point in particular strikes me as funny logic, because it is almost offensively shallow. "Potential hypocrisy" is never a point against anyone without that hypocrisy having a stated purpose beyond that. And there is, of course, not a deeper aspect necessarily to the hypocrisy point because it's a point no one has made before bb did. bb literally decided to make a point against NP which is weaker than the current points against NP so that the entire case would seem weaker. Which is really, really strange.
Responding to the rest now, but you were the one who brought up the good/bad thing, I'm just putting a name to it. So, no, this is not a point that I made up just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back