Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that I am a very frequent discord mafia player. In those games of four, one inactive player completely unbalances the game, so its best to get them in there.
Only thing is this isn't a discord speed mafia game, and we have far more than 4 players. If inactivity was your gripe with the player then you can let the hosts deal with that.
For the record, sleep is a thing in these parts.
That's kinda why my last post was so long, but yeah, if sleep was the reason you stopped there, then sure.

And as a matter of fact, @TheSceptileMaster and @Cypher333 you two still haven't said anything yet this game, what're your opinions on everything going on in the game?

Oop, just noticed why my post might've been scummy. I contradicted myself. >_<"
I also meant to send that at like 1:00 am but I guess I got too distracted/tired to do so.

I'm still a little confused as to why TSM hasn't posted yet, considering I've seen him somewhat frequently on Discord. @TheSceptileMaster, what is your reasoning for not posting, and what do you think about the evidence against myself and LC?

I'm gonna be out all day at a Smash tournament, so if you need to get me to say anything here, just leave stuff for me to respond to and I'll get back to it ASAP.

Jesi's post is scummy because of entirely unnecessary italics. Too much thought put into it = paranoia which a townie shouldn't have in RVS.

##UNVOTE: Celever
The way I see it, someone's gonna have to vote for the same vote someone else did or we won't even have RVS, itll just be every person has like, one vote on them and it's all useless. There's no one particularly scummy to me right now, so I'm not going to random vote until later.
Why are you bandwagoning and not scum hunting?
Again, the way i see it, there ain't much to do today, and if eeyrone votes a diff. person, this day literally becomes completely useless. There's not much to even do right now, and I'm a bad scum hunter, but I'll try my best. As some of you might know about me I don't like accusing someone of soemthing or, in this case, that they're scum, so that takes a good long transition for me to learn how to not do that, because in this game, a lot of what I've seen is that people act weird and get lynched. So I've gotta learn.

Yeah, sorry I am still in the game.

I honestly have no idea about who is scummy or not, as most of the posts are confusing to me, but I see neutral ATM for everyone.
Only issue (partially), is, why does whoever knowing Celever has a vote weight of 3 care so much, i think it was jade so @Jadethepokemontrainer

The way I see it, someone's gonna have to vote for the same vote someone else did or we won't even have RVS, itll just be every person has like, one vote on them and it's all useless. There's no one particularly scummy to me right now, so I'm not going to random vote until later.
You are wasting valuable time, which is scummy. If no one seems scummy, ask people questions and get a general vibe from them.
Again, the way i see it, there ain't much to do today, and if everyone votes a diff. person, this day literally becomes completely useless. There's not much to even do right now, and I'm a bad scum hunter, but I'll try my best.
There's a lot to do today. The whole point is random voting and seeing how people respond, and bandwagoning is a terrible idea this early in Day 1, when we have so much more time you could be using but choose not to.
As some of you might know about me I don't like accusing someone of soemthing or, in this case, that they're scum, so that takes a good long transition for me to learn how to not do that, because in this game, a lot of what I've seen is that people act weird and get lynched. So I've gotta learn.
I understand that you've lost really early because of actions in past games, but not making any isn't better than making weird actions. Why would you admit to doing nothing in such a crucial time in the game? To learn, you need to actually make moves and actively do things in the game. Choosing to bandwagon off of other people is not really learning how to play the game. Ask questions, fill another player's shoes, etc. Voluntarily choosing to do nothing, and waste time is worse than doing something that looks weird, and it is most definitely not helping you learn. ##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim ##VOTE: rainyman123

Jesi's post is scummy because of entirely unnecessary italics. Too much thought put into it = paranoia which a townie shouldn't have in RVS.

Alright, now I see what you mean. I think it was just a rookie mistake, as I don't think LC has played in many forum Mafia games. However, I see him a lot in the Discord Mafia games, so I think he should know better.

Two italics used just to emphasize a contrast.
I don't see how that's paranoia.

Two italics used just to emphasize a contrast.
I don't see how that's paranoia.
It's hella OTT. The post would read just fine without the italics. Including them means Jesi had to think "OK, how can I make it so this post doesn't look scummy. I know, italics seem innocent!" and that is what is scummy about the whole thing.

I totally forgot I had a VW of 3 lmao. Thank you for pointing it out.

@Cypher333 join the party!

Ya know what Fine I'm voting ##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

What the heck am I supposed to do to stop getting lynched quick every single mafia game? I'm trying my best, reading over everything, yet everything I post seems to drive suspicion onto me.

I don't see how that makes any sense.
You expect someone to be scummy when they use grammar to make a point more clear.

Since you've realized the contradiction in your post, would you like to reformulate it to give your current opinion on it?

Echoing

Either lying or not paying attention- both scummy.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE:Jade

Agreed. The fact that he added the second part about the vote weight also seemed like a way to make his post look more contributing.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

Have a post before I school~

And in case Celever still not answering - @bbninjas do you agree with that contradiction being the scummy thing? You seemed to suggest that you know the reason too,
It actually didn't notice the contradiction at all (morda gets townie points for this imo) but rather found it a bit scummy because it was a bit flip-floppy and inconclusive. I didn't realise that until Celever said it was scummy, though.

I think you're definitely reading too much into the formatting here, and even then, since when is Jesi not paranoid?

Based on what a player voted before you, you just went and voted for the same person? Why are you bandwagoning and not scum hunting?

Good reason to do so, but does this not have an element of OMGUS?

Are you serious? Bandwagoning is one of the worst things you could do this early on Day 1. This is dumb, and you admit it like it's not dumb, which made even less sense.

How is one both a rookie and also "know better" simultaneously?

Notice that this is the very first thing he does coming into this game. Without even saying anything, or why he agrees, he bandwagons off what bbninjas proposed. LC is new, so it could very well mean nothing.

The post you were referencing IS helping, which was asking Celever to clarify what he had said. Your post, however, adds nothing to the discussion.

Quite the defense, but this seems too defensive for what you were called out for.

Now rainy and LC are making the same mistake, but LC gets my vote seeing as rainy has more of them. ##VOTE: Little Cherrim Both @Little Cherrim and @rainyman123 have not posted since these incidents. I'd like your views on some of the other things going on in the game as well.
Pretty much every post in this post was echoing someone else.
1. Celever said that rainy was bandwagoning here.
2. I said Celever was OMGUSing here.
3. Not an echo, but stemmed from an echo.
4. So many people had said this already.
5. First unique idea in the post.
6. Echos half of what I said here.
7. I already called out SM for being defensive here.
8. Assuming you're talkinag about LC bandwagoning, I had already mentioned that here.

Now this could partially be because there is less information and thus it's easier to echo, but the sheer quantity of echoing going on is scummy. I did notice a later post with much more unique ideas in it, but right now, [Future Reference] and ##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim, ##VOTE: lord o

>Just noticed after pretty much everyone else pointed it out.

Again, the way i see it, there ain't much to do today, and if eeyrone votes a diff. person, this day literally becomes completely useless. There's not much to even do right now, and I'm a bad scum hunter, but I'll try my best. As some of you might know about me I don't like accusing someone of soemthing or, in this case, that they're scum, so that takes a good long transition for me to learn how to not do that, because in this game, a lot of what I've seen is that people act weird and get lynched. So I've gotta learn.
Yeah, sorry I am still in the game.

I honestly have no idea about who is scummy or not, as most of the posts are confusing to me, but I see neutral ATM for everyone.
Only issue (partially), is, why does whoever knowing Celever has a vote weight of 3 care so much, i think it was jade so @Jadethepokemontrainer
rainy is say that there isn't much information and TSM is effectively saying that there isn't enough information (that he understands) to make reads. Both of these mindsets are entirely false, in fact, both of you are posting in a time when there is a lot of stuff to talk about - there were jade, LC and Jesi for starters. Having a "there's not much information" mindset is just an excuse to not contribute and fly under the radar during Day 1, and that is scummy.

Oh jeez this already is a bit of a mess... and kinda hard to follow. But hey.

Agreed. The fact that he added the second part about the vote weight also seemed like a way to make his post look more contributing.
1. I wouldn't say pointing out Celever's VW is scummy or a "plan to look like you're contributing" thats a bit harsh on Jade. I mean that's public information and definitly intresting for reading purposes. Everything else is fair and definitly a reason for a possible lynch.
The post would read just fine without the italics. Including them means Jesi had to think "OK, how can I make it so this post doesn't look scummy.
2. Intresting observation (the whole italics thing). It's hard to tell if it's actually just so she can put emphasis on something or actually to seem innocent.
But what speak against that theory is that you don't wanna be standing out as a Scum at all. So why would you use Italics? That would be just stupid. I would give her the benefit of the doubt for that one. Not that she's cleared of all Scum charges but if a Lynch on her happend because of that...

3. As for scumhunting. I think saying "there isn't much info" is a bit bs. For a RVS we have quite a lot of possible reads on people (i feel as almost everybody has posted quite a bit in this game so far)
My reads so far are:

Scum(ish):
Jade

Less Scum(ish):
TSM
Rainy
BBninja (let's call it more a case of "Camo-ritis" (I always have suspecions about people who take the lead in a game quite heavily. Not really a scum read. Only a bit suspicion)

Town(ish):
Celever (I don't think a scum role would have that kind of a VW. But again am not that experienced. Correct me if im wrong)

Everyone else i pretty neutral as of now.

Also it's late so gnight everybody. And i will be contributing by telling you guys that the biggest kind of gull is the "great black backed gull" and it has a wingspan of 4 ft 11 - 5 ft 7 (1,5 m - 1,7 m)
I hope you wanted to learn things about gulls today because that's what you're getting regardless.
Thanks for having me. :p

Pretty much every post in this post was echoing someone else.
1. Celever said that rainy was bandwagoning here.
2. I said Celever was OMGUSing here.
3. Not an echo, but stemmed from an echo.
4. So many people had said this already.
5. First unique idea in the post.
6. Echos half of what I said here.
7. I already called out SM for being defensive here.
8. Assuming you're talkinag about LC bandwagoning, I had already mentioned that here.
Don't you think it's kinda early to accuse someone of echoing? This early in the game when there's so little information actually circulating? We're less than halfway through Day 1. There's not a lot to go off of. There are only 82 posts in the game, 83 as this one goes up, so this is RIDICULOUS to bring up so early on. But then again:

1. I was aware that rainy was bandwagoning, and was addressing that as a question to him, which he answered. I wasn't trying to present anything new.
3. Then it's not an echo.
6. Not really, no.
8. I was using this to point out they'd done the same thing and the reason behind my vote. Again, I wasn't trying to present anything new.

Ya know what Fine I'm voting ##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

What the heck am I supposed to do to stop getting lynched quick every single mafia game? I'm trying my best, reading over everything, yet everything I post seems to drive suspicion onto me.
AtE. I recall this from last game and he was scum.
My reads so far are:

Scum(ish):
Jade

Less Scum(ish):
TSM
Rainy
BBninja (let's call it more a case of "Camo-ritis" (I always have suspecions about people who take the lead in a game quite heavily. Not really a scum read. Only a bit suspicion)

Town(ish):
Celever (I don't think a scum role would have that kind of a VW. But again am not that experienced. Correct me if im wrong)

Everyone else i pretty neutral as of now.
For Jade, TSM, and Rainy could I ask why? You clarified why on the other two, but not those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back