Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
Claiming seer
I claimed that because I realized it'd be harder to explain or make up a role to deal with my safe. Seer is a difficult role, and Clockwork made me salty, then the Saltening happened when I got targeted by lord. At that point, I felt seer would just help out town, anyway. Plus it was MYLO, and it'd be best to claim. I should've picked up the hunch on bb, and I'm kicking myself for not committing to it now.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's great to read your thoughts, NP, especially with how detailed they are! Just a few things I wanted to comment on:

If BB had pressured you back for no good reason, you could easily call OMGUS on him.
I think the pressure morda might be referring to is me simply defending myself. I'd actually have the upper-hand is this scenario simplly because I could make a good-looking defense to kill off some pressure, which morda wouldn't always be able to put back on as he was limited in posts.

Discount Defense:
Let's be honest; a player like bb or Camo can talk their way out of anything short of a seer result. Don't let them. If you have a very good case on someone, focus on everything they can't properly respond to and refute what you can. If you suspect someone and their defense seems bad but you don't have the skill to prove it, don't be afraid of getting suspected for it. If you are feeling threatened for suspecting someone, that's a huge red flag that they're scum. That being said, don't lynch someone for no reason or have so much tunnel vision you don't even listen to defense; just take defense with a large grain of salt.
Players do need to be careful with this. As you said, you can generally up tunnelling if you don't listen to defenses, which can cause more problems. If someone is making a good defense, then either the point/s aren't particularly strong or aren't developed enough. If it's the former, then you might need rethink your case. If it's the latter, than you need to further your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.