Zygarde 10% Forme and Zygarde Complete Footage from 'Sun' and 'Moon!'

The music itself seems to be hawaiian inspired mixed with tunes from previous Pokémon gen games. To me, it appears to be very Johto-ish in sound.
It sounds like plastic, I don't like it. XY soundtrack was very powerful and "real", the basslines and the instruments of XY's tracks "vs Trainer" and "vs wild Pokémon" were freaking gorgeous, it seemed like a real orchestra was playing it! But this sounds like plastic, like older games... fake plastic bass, a lot of instruments and notes clashing together... so sad :/

I get that you don't like the music, but to say they sound like "plastic" just sounds nonsense. Plastic doesn't even sound like that.

So first we got the blessing that is Iwanko, then we get new moves, abilities, forms, footage. Too much!

I get that you don't like the music, but to say they sound like "plastic" just sounds nonsense. Plastic doesn't even sound like that.
Please, it's a metaphor.

So it seems like (in the game) Zygarde does not require the cores to transform in its Perfect Form... And yeah, 50% has another ability... I love Zygarde very much, love its forms and all, but I think that Game Freak made a real mess with it, especially skipping a sequel to XY and not fitting those forms and story into the generation they belong...

The music is horrible. It's like they threw random notes together. There's no prominent tune to it.

Also English trailer up.

Not sure what the fuss is, I actually enjoyed the music.
Though I highly doubt that'd the normal battle theme for the game, it actually reminded me a bit of some of the music that played from the Pokemon Stadium stage in Melee.

Really wish they had kept Zygarde in a more natural state, instead of making him a Megazord. But oh well, looking forward to seeing how his 50% form works in.

Please, it's a metaphor.
Then you and I agree to disagree, because its still a silly comparison, and the music isn't that bad as you describe it. Its hawaiian with subtle mixes of other Pokémon gens, most common guesses being Sinnoh, Unova and Johto's wild battle themes intergrated into the entire whole.

So it seems like (in the game) Zygarde does not require the cores to transform in its Perfect Form... And yeah, 50% has another ability... I love Zygarde very much, love its forms and all, but I think that Game Freak made a real mess with it, especially skipping a sequel to XY and not fitting those forms and story into the generation they belong...

Nope. There was never plans to make a Pokémon Z, so they didn't technically skip anything. That is what we all assumed without any confirmation on GF's part. Same idea with Pokémon Grey for the 5th Gen games. Zygarde was always a part of 6th and 7th gen games, especially with how complex its Formes are like. The english trailer pretty much sets this in stone. There's nothing messy about this at all, aside from how Zygarde's initial image was promoted throughout last year before the announcement of Sun and Moon.

I guess I'm the only one who likes the new battle music... :/

Nope, you're not the only one. I like it too. Its a unique sound. Not everything has to be super hardcore/rock type music for battles.

I liked the music too.

I'm wondering how the 50% forme fits in with this. I wonder if they'll change it's ability. 10% Zygarde likely changes into Complete Zygarde at 10% HP and I'm wondering if 50% Zygarde changes at under 50%. 10% Zygarde also likely has weaker stats than 50% Zygarde, so the Complete Zygarde forme would be more of a trump card in that case and the stat increase would be less from 50% to Complete.

R.I.P Aura Break? Or is it's Swarm Change ability it's Hidden Ability? If so, that could explain Zygarde 50% Form.

This has me more and more curious about how they're going to handle Z. Will we go back to Kalos in this game or are they just skipping it and putting Zygarde in 7th gen? Hopefully the former, I can see the latter getting a ton of backlash.

As for the music, it's more the instrument choice that I don't like about the battle theme more so than the theme itself, it's missing the full orchestral feel and sounds like something out of 4th or 5th gen.

Then you and I agree to disagree, because its still a silly comparison, and the music isn't that bad as you describe it. Its hawaiian with subtle mixes of other Pokémon gens, most common guesses being Sinnoh, Unova and Johto's wild battle themes intergrated into the entire whole.
Yeah, and since Johto (HGSS), Sinnoh and Unova soundtracks were made for Nintendo DS games, not 3DS, they sound like garbage. XY soundtrack sound like an orchestra, like real music, not like plastic intruments put together. And the new battle track sounds exactly like the old soundtracks, it's like it's popped out from a 10 years ago game.

Nope. There was never plans to make a Pokémon Z, so they didn't technically skip anything. That is what we all assumed without any confirmation on GF's part. Same idea with Pokémon Grey for the 5th Gen games. Zygarde was always a part of 6th and 7th gen games, especially with how complex its Formes are like. The english trailer pretty much sets this in stone. There's nothing messy about this at all, aside from how Zygarde's initial image was promoted throughout last year before the announcement of Sun and Moon.
I did not say that they had plans for Pokémon Z. And I was intending a sequel, not something like Pokémon Crystal or Emerald, but something like B2W2: a real sequel for the story, where the plot could be focused on Zygarde and its new forms. Zygarde is the legendary who protects Kalos and its environment, who rules Xerneas and Yveltal, why they have to push it in the next generation? And yes, they made a mess: it's clear that these (awesome) forms were created later, after they created Zygarde 50% and its ability... It's not logic to present a Pokémon in a middle stage, with an ability that's totally unrelated with those new forms and with Zygarde 10%'s ability. I'd really like to see how they will make Zygarde 50% transform into its Perfect Form!

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gonna say just a few things...

1) I'm a bit disappointed that Zygarde complete isn't taller. He looks like he'd be the size of Primal Groudon if anything, especially from that one image of it in the storming sea.

2) The battle music there.... I have a few problems with. It sounds too much like a gen 4 fanmade game's soundtrack than a gen 7 wild battle song. It really does sound like they went back to older gens for inspiration with the music, which I don't necessarily like. X and Y sounded like real instruments and this just sounds like a bunch of midi files playing around in no order. Feels like it lacks rhythm. I hope this is placeholder or unfinished because I don't think it'll grow on me easily.

3) The trainer in the background I think is definitely a 100% confirmation that battle circles will NOT return. I mean, if they did, it would look completely awkward with your pokemon on a circle and the trainer just standing there on the ground. Well, especially in 6th gen games, but now the battlegrounds have a lot of detail, unlike gen 6, so.... Yeah.

I hope that changing formes mid battle isn't the only way to do it. Haven't they learned anything from Meloetta/Darmanitan?

Also, this doesn't guarantee that Zygarde will actually be plot relevant to the games. If it isn't, I'm gonna need quite a few time away from these games to forgive GF.

Edit: Also, I love the new music and I'm feeling kind of a BW+GS vibe with it, mostly GS. And seeing there's a Shinto tower on one of the islands from Alola, and that Ho-Oh and Lugia are featured on the clouds above the map... Whatever those gems mean, they're gonna afect Ho-Oh and Lugia, no doubt about it.

Yes, there is. It doesn't matter if they didn't actually planned Z. It should have happened, period. Either Z or something like BW2, they should have made a game focusing on Zygarde as the 3rd mascot (now it will forever be known as the mascot legendary that it's not a mascot legendary), properly introduce its formes, give it a key role in the game's plot (which will never happen in Sun & Moon cause those games already have their own legendaries to worry about), explain its actual relation with Xerneas and Yveltal, give us AZ's Floette and resolve all the other misteries in XY. There's a lot of things in XY that could have been more explored with a third game based on Kalos.
It's also quite messy that, with Zygarde being the guardian of Kalos and the new forms appearing in the last Kalos story arc of the anime, they make the new forms inaccessible in its native region's games and instead debut them in the first pair of games of the next gen, in a new region that has nothing to do with Kalos (that we know so far)...

Edit:
@RealSlim was faster... But yeah, it's pretty much that.

I did not say that they had plans for Pokémon Z. And I was intending a sequel, not something like Pokémon Crystal or Emerald, but something like B2W2: a real sequel for the story, where the plot could be focused on Zygarde and its new forms. Zygarde is the legendary who protects Kalos and its environment, who rules Xerneas and Yveltal, why they have to push it in the next generation? And yes, they made a mess: it's clear that these (awesome) forms were created later, after they created Zygarde 50% and its ability... It's not logic to present a Pokémon in a middle stage, with an ability that's totally unrelated with those new forms and with Zygarde 10%'s ability. I'd really like to see how they will make Zygarde 50% transform into its Perfect Form!

Doesn't matter whether it was a sequel or not. Fact stays there was never any intention to make Pokémon, like ever. And no, likely Zygarde was planned to be used like this from the very start. There is no such thing that "these forms were created later". They were already pretty much made from the start. They didnt just concept these ideas in the few months before or after the announcement of Sun and Moon. Its more about how GF presented and marketed them last year that was pretty confusing to many people at most.

As for your last question, likely the transformation ability is related to the state of Zygarde's health. If Zygarde 10% goes to 50% health it might morph into Zygarde 50%. Going way below that may trigger the transformation to Perfect Zygarde. That said, I'm also guessing, that like Giratina's Origin Forme, there will be a held item to permanetly transform it to Perfect Forme, because the health requirement transformation looks tricky to pull off most of the time if Zygarde 10% happens to be super frail.

Ugh I guess this confirms Zygarde's complete forme is just an in-battle thing...I guess it might be this way due to how OP it could be on its own.

So what about its 50% formed? What about the cores? What about the cell formes? This is just turning into a mess as far as I see.

I also don't have a problem with the music. I mean it's not my favorite, but it's good and fits the tropical-ness of Alola.

Doesn't matter whether it was a sequel or not. Fact stays there was never any intention to make Pokémon, like ever. And no, likely Zygarde was planned to be used like this from the very start. There is no such thing that "these forms were created later". They were already pretty much made from the start. They didnt just concept these ideas in the few months before or after the announcement of Sun and Moon. Its more about how GF presented and marketed them last year that was pretty confusing to many people at most.
Yeah, they created these forms but decided to push them into the new generation games with no reason... Like "Hey guys, look at these cool new Kyurem forms, they are Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, but guess what? You will see them in XY". Nonsense, just like this Zygarde case.

As for your last question, likely the transformation ability is related to the state of Zygarde's health. If Zygarde 10% goes to 50% health it might morph into Zygarde 50%. Going way below that may trigger the transformation to Perfect Zygarde. That said, I'm also guessing, that like Giratina's Origin Forme, there will be a held item to permanetly transform it to Perfect Forme, because the health requirement transformation looks tricky to pull off most of the time if Zygarde 10% happens to be super frail.
Ok, let's pretend Zygarde 10% can transform into Zygarde 50%. How Zygarde 50% can transform into its Perfect Form if it has another ability (Aura Break)?

There's no need to make assumptions yet though. Alola is a tropical region, and obviously at one point or another, we're going to be traveling by boat.
Honestly, I'm hoping for a post-game plot similar to ORAS revolving around Zygarde in Kalos, which we could visit after beating the main game. I'd actually prefer that rather than go back to Kalos in a sequel, because this way we get to immediately jump in to whatever story Zygarde has to tell.

Or heck, he may even be linked to DLC. Maybe we can get a whole story arc around him. We don't know.

The only thing for certain: They put way too much work into this whole situation to simply write him off as a gimmick and throw him into Gen 7 at random.

Back