• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZPST Donk Deck

alex

Miss the game
Pokemon (13):
3 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu
3 Shaymin
4 Tornadus
1 Unown DARK

Energy (16):
11 Electric
4 Double Colorless
1 Special Dark

Trainers (31):
3 Switch
4 Professor Juniper
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Catcher
1 Energy Exchanger
3 Pluspower
3 Pokegear 3.0
3 Energy Search
4 Junk Arm

Strategy is simple, try to get Zekrom or Tornadus out for a donk. Unown DARK is in here because you can search for it with Collector/Dual Ball and then you can search for a darkness energy. It would be nice to find room for a 4th Tornadus. A lot of people do not think Energy Search is good, but the only difference between it and an energy in a deck with no energy retrieval or interviewers is that it is reusable with Junk Arm. Technically, this deck has 20 Energy

-3 pokegear 3.0(i dont think this card works in this deck)
-2 energy search(victory medal can probably get out your energy, plus you can reuse the other energy searches with junk arm)

+2 Electric Energy(this will get increase your chances to get energy quickly)
+2 SSU(this will help you increase you being able to reuse shaymin/pachirisu, also can reuse with junk arm)
+1 Pachirisu(this will help to get out energy, plus you maybe able to donk with pachirisu)

Hope i helped =)

Good Deck, the only little nit pick changes i recommend is:
+3 Pokemon Communication, because of consistancy
-1 Catcher, if you are really going for the donk then catcher won't do you that good anyway especally early game
-1 Dual Ball, you already have plenty search especally with Communication
-1 Energy Search, you already are heavy on energy and 3 energy search are fine.

Also I think it would be a good idea to replace all of the Super Scoop Up with Seekers ( or at least 1 or 2 ) because if you opponent does start with 2 pokemon you can still get that donk and gaurentee that you get that Pachirisu or Shaymin off the bench for another use.

There is no need for Communication since he doesn't have any evolved Pokemon, so dual ball/collector are superior in this deck. However, I'd say the deck does need these changes:

-3 Juniper
+3 PONT in case you have pachi or shay in your hand but no energy, you don't want to discard them
-3 Research Record this deck doesn't use any flat out draw so this doesn't help you set up turn 1 at all
-3 Victory Medal the effect is just too flippy to rely on, you'll get nada as often as you get to search for something
+6 Electric Energy no excuse, ZPS needs tons of energy to ensure getting it turn 1, the energy search are nice but this makes the chances even higher

Thanks for all the help guys. Im going to do a little mixing around with all the help and figure something out that I think is good.

Darknessgrace, personally I love pokegear, and energy search is just a reusable energy. A 3 and 3 Pachi and Shaymin would be ideal for consistency, I will try to find room for them, and also the SSU's.

Jeta, I dont think that pokemon communication is very good in an all basic deck. I will take out a Catcher though.

Dark Void, I will test with Juniper vs. Pont, and see which one I feel I need the most. Right now I really like Juniper because of that extra card that can win you the game. Adding 6 energy is a very, very interesting idea, I will test that and see what happens.

For now:
-1 Catcher
-1 Victory Medal
+1 Pachirisu
+1 Shaymin

Changes I will test:
-2 Victory Medal
-3 Research Record
-3 Juniper
+3 PONT
+5 Electric Energy

I think (like Jeta), that seeker might be better than SSU. The reason is that you don't have to flip, you got a low number of supporters which means that seeker shouldn't be in the way and i guess that this deck doesn't leave any leftovers (damaged pokémon on your opp's bench) so i don't think that your opp will be appreciated (spelled?) with loosing a pokémon on his/her bench. If you don't play seeker (or anothe supporter), then don't know about the pokégear 3.0 since you only got 3 supporters. (I don't play the deck yet, so i can only guess, what might help :) )

Did some more testing, having all that energy is godly. I am going to stick with SSU instead of seeker cause SSU can also act as a flippy switch. I realized I dont really need Catchers as it is only good mid-late game, and that is not the ZPS way.

-3 Research Record
-2 Victory Medal
-2 Catcher
+5 Electric Energy
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 Super Scoop Up

-3 Super Scoop up (You already have switch, its flippy, trainer locked, and can be a dead draw
+2 PONT (You'll deck easily, and it serves as more draw power, because I've tested this deck for a while, and 4 Juniper isn't enough)
+1 Seeker (Doesn't rely on a flip, and can help you donk)

I actually decided I need more drawpower as well, but this is what i did:

-1 Electric Energy
-1 Super Scoop Up.
+2 PONT

I guess I could get rid of the other two SSU's for 2 Seeker, but the chances are so slim that I would ever get such a god hand that I could charge Zekrom without using a supporter and have Seeker in my hand that I dont see the point in it.

The 3rd Pachi/Min is actually less consistent because it makes for more bad starts. This goes against all the advice I've given you on the Gym, but Interviewer's Questions is actually an okay card in here; you should focus the entire list on getting 3 energy and the 3 basics on T1. As much as I like Pokegear as a card, I'm not sure if you can justify running it in a deck that has less than 10 supporters overall. I run it in my Stage 1 deck that has 10 draw supporters, 2 Twins and 4 Collector and I STILL whiff it sometimes. However, it makes sense to run it if you add in the IQ and/or a 4th Collector and more Oak's.

I'm not sure what to take out for the IQ though...

Hmm... I guess it is stupid to run 3 pachirisu, but shaymin I sometimes use to move energy off a dying zekrom. What should I switch with the Pachi?

15=/=21, where did you get that from? And this deck needs 3 energy turn 1 and a bunch of energy, energy search, and an unown dark is the best way to guarentee getting that.

I'd say to switch out the Special Dark for a Basic Dark. None of your Pokemon take advantage of the +10 because none are dark, and a Special Energy can be removed by Lost Remover, and it can stop you from damaging a Scizor Prime.

The energy is only reusable if you can actually bring it back into you're hand, so why not a basic dark over a special which you can't bring back >.>, not to mention but if you defend this strategy, why not run 2-3 basic dark with 2 unknown and burnt tower (edit revisal, 2 dark, 1 unknown and a burnt tower or 2), then you have a continuous junk arm disposal >.>.

Other then that, more DCE!

varit said:
The energy is only reusable if you can actually bring it back into you're hand, so why not a basic dark over a special which you can't bring back >.>, not to mention but if you defend this strategy, why not run 2-3 basic dark with 2 unknown and burnt tower (edit revisal, 2 dark, 1 unknown and a burnt tower or 2), then you have a continuous junk arm disposal >.>.

Other then that, more DCE!

The reason not to run mutiple unown dark is so you don't start with one because starting with one is really bad. I think you don't need many DCE because you can use the Pachi/Shay engine to power Tornadus as well.

I had Sp. Dark because if I am facing Donphan, I can attach DCE and Sp. Dark to Tornadus so I don't have to attach an energy to Tornadus every turn. I dont need Burnt Tower because this deck runs so much energy.

oh, that is another good idea. I didn't think of that. Just be aware of the risks when you come across a Scizor deck or something running Lost Remover.

Dare I ask (I am just not aware of its purpose), why is there a special dark, when there are no {D} Pokemon in the deck?

Back