• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZPST Donk Deck

Sp. Dark so that if I also have DCE on Tornadus, it doesnt have to move an energy

The reason not to run mutiple unown dark is so you don't start with one because starting with one is really bad. I think you don't need many DCE because you can use the Pachi/Shay engine to power Tornadus as well.

And thats why I went down to 1 with 2 dark energy.

I had Sp. Dark because if I am facing Donphan, I can attach DCE and Sp. Dark to Tornadus so I don't have to attach an energy to Tornadus every turn. I don't need Burnt Tower because this deck runs so much energy.

The whole founding strategy behind running unknown dark with dark energy was to have multiple dark energy, run burnt tower with 4 junk arm and have a reusable discard pile, but in this case where you only have the one unknown dark with the one special dark energy you might as well take out those two cards for two rescue to make tornadus more continuous against donphan, because yes you may be 2 hit victory against it (minus the max potion), versus his t3, but whats to say that after you take down a donphan one turn you won't get tko'd by another, then you only have one tornadus against 3 donphan (thats not a pretty matchup). I think it's a useless tech in this deck, maybe if you ran 2-3 and over id' see it as actually being effective.

The whole point of unown dark isnt for Tornadus, its for getting the donk. Being able to have a Sp. Dark is just a bonus. Your also forgetting that I can get a lot of disruption if I go first and get the donk, but yeah, the Donphan match up isnt a good one.

I see so avoiding the situation and saying that only one special dark, that you can only use 1 time on either a junk arm or a tornadus and allowing your opponent to snipe a unknown for an easy prize. 2 rescue is better in this situation.

If my opponent actually sets up a sniper (like yanmega) and has two free turns (the amount it would take to kill unown) to snipe, I have already lost the game. Besides, that is why I run SSU...

EDIT: And you would only snipe the unown if you were stupid, a better player would snipe a shaymin as that is more useful to me and it takes the same amount of turns to kill.

Okay here are my opinions:

First, I think that 4 energy search is way to high because you would have 4 dead cards against trainer lock decks,and two energy search would make more sense because you could run more energies for trainer lock and still have the searches to junk arm.

Second, I think 4 zekrom is to high. I've played many games with this deck and never saw the need for a 4th zekrom. yes, it's an exelent starter but just three is just fine.

If they get Vileplume out, you basically lose though. I wouldn't want to go lower than 3 on Energy Search, but dropping one could make sense. Also, Zekrom is the best possible start for the deck. In order to get that start more often, you max out the card. It's like Holon's Castform from a long time ago. I'd agree to drop it to three if he wanted to run the 4 Tornadus version, which is better imo, but in the more Zekrom based version I think 4 Zekrom is needed.

I guess I'll take out a energy search for an electric. I thought about what you said about having it Tornadus based instead of Zekrom based, and I realized that is actually a lot better, as the only well played basics that can survive even 80 are Reshiram, Tornadus and Zekrom. I think I will take out a Zekrom for a Tornadus

-1 Energy Search (because of trainer lock)
-1 Zekrom
+1 Electric Energy
+1 Tornadus

Another thing I'd consider is adding a basic dark. It increases the chances of Unown going off (because the 1 special can be prized) and at times, you want the basic dark for Tornadus to move when he's going to get knocked out next turn. I'm not sure if it's needed and definitely don't drop the lightning or DCE for it, but if you can make room for it it's a good addition.

I'd rather be running 4 Collector than 4 Dual Ball, so I'd swap the numbers on those.

Lastly, Energy Exchanger is a great 1-of card in this deck. It can get you a DCE when you have a lightning - something Energy Search can't do - and it can work in the reverse when you need to get the most out of dropping Pachirisu. It's made more effective by your running the darks. You could probably drop a Dual Ball for that.

Hmm... So:

-4 Dual Ball
+1 Collector
+1 Energy Exchanger
+2 Catcher

It would be awesome to have another catcher or even 2 more, so that I can basically have a sniping tornadus or zekrom from turn 2 onwards.

:O I thought you were already running 4 Catcher. The Tornadus version definitely needs 4 Catcher because the attack is weaker. You could probably get rid of the SSU; with DCE and energy control between Tornadus and Shaymin you probably won't need it.

I was leaning towards SSU as well, but I was a little unsure because then I would have a few free prizes just lying around.

-2 SSU
+2 Catcher

i have a few questions about this deck

for one, i understand the reasoning behind the spdark, but isnt one unown and one energy to go along with it really inconsistent?

also, how often do you actually use tornadus as the attacker? just in donphan matchups? ive played a deck similar to this a couple of times against other decks and i never really used it. it was a good starter to wall with but i was allways setting up zekrom

and last dont you think seeker is a ton more useful than scoop up since it helps the donk and isnt flippy?

Also to add to the above point if for some reason trainer lock is in order SSU cannot be used while Seeker can.

ah good point there Brendan. the deck is very trainer heavy, this on and the one i run, so locking will pose a problem if you dont get set up quicker than the plume

I'll start with the one Sp. Dark and one Unown. I have yet to have either one prized. I think I just have amazing luck, but thats just it. It's not an important enough card to find another space for a second Darkness or Unown.

Now for the Tornadus, you can only get a Zekrom up and running on the T1 about 40-50% of the time. It would take an insanely holy list to get better than that. This is where Tornadus comes in. All Tornadus needs to start shooting is a DCE and an Electric, so it is much, much easier to set up if I just cant get that second energy. The only well played basics that can survive a hit from Tornadus are Zekrom and Reshiram, and thats what Catcher's for.

Now finally for Seeker, many people think seeker should be in all donk decks. This not true. It is almost literally impossible to get such a god hand that you dont need to use any sort of hand refreshment or Collector AND to have seeker in your hand. It was played in SableDonk because SableDonk needed a LOT less to set up, and could use Seeker as their supporter of the turn. Good in SableDonk, bad In ZPST. As for trainer lock, picking up my benched guys wont matter at all as they cant be Catchered up.

Back