Zoroark Swarm what dark types need to be in it?

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
49.jpg

Zoroark – Darkness – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Zorua

[C][C] Beatdown: Does 20 damage times the number of Darkness-type Pokemon you have in play.
[D][D] Dark Rush: Does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

49/69

67.jpg

Darkness Claw - Tool

Pokemon Tool: To use a Pokemon Tool, attach it to one of your Pokemon. Each Pokemon can only have 1 card attached, and the card remains attached.

The attacks of the Darkness-type Pokemon that this card is attached to do an additional 20 damage to any Active Pokemon.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

67/69

So like the title says what other dark type pokemon would work with the Zoroark Swarm? This deck is incrediblly fast able to do 150 T2, and has really great recovery.

I thought of the exact same thing. I really love the idea of this deck, and I am going to start testing tonight. I going to stick in Darkrai EX for some free reatreat and its not to bad of an attacker. I'm just not sure on any other pokes. I kind of like the Weavile from Hail Blizzard but the only others we have are crappy Liepard, ok Mandibuzz, and ok Bisharp. I think after Dark rush there will be a lot of swarmy decks.

Darkrai EX is basically what coes to mind.Or sine your prbably running dce you might need a beefy tank like T-tar or Hydreigon.Or somehing like Mandibuzz to help take care of Donphan,maybe the new dark krookodile since he can easily take the last 2 or 3 prizes,umbreon to lock attackers.Seriously man, theres a ton of dark pokemon in the fromat,you just have to choose the one thaty fits your playstyle.

I'd say T-Tar, but its pre-evolutions do not currently (and considering they didn't show up in this set, probably will never while T-Tar Prime is in rotation) have a darkness typing, you'd be sitting with 1-2 fighting type on the bench, killing Zoroark's first attack. That said, you could easily run Hydreigon and bypass that 2-3 retreat with Darkrai EX, giving you the capability to snipe their EX's into Zoroark's OHKO rangeand then retreat to Zoroark for the mopup. But I think Krookodile is your best pairing, as you can use it late-game to finish the prize exchange.

Weavile Undaunted and Absol Prime are strong techs in the deck. Absol is a good opener, doing 20 to newly dropped Basics, and Weavile UD is for disruption. I'd shy away from running too many Weavile PDHB, too.

Krookodile from Dark rush isn't bad. You'll probably take a ton of fast prizes w/Zoroark, and then you can power up K-dile in one turn with patches and stuff, then attack with Do the Wave for a ton of damage. Plus, K-dile has 150 HP, well out of OHKO range for many pokemon.

I'd say that Weavile UD and Mandibuzz both deserve a place in Zoroark rush, perhaps even Houndoom Prime or Honchkrow UDs? Depending on how the Post-Dark Rush format develops, Umbreon may be a possibility.

Still, I'd say something like this could be a serviceable lineup:

Pokemon 21
3 Zoroark DR
1 Zoroark BW
4 Zorua
4 Sneasel
2 Weavile UD
2 Mandibuzz
2 Vullaby
1 Cleffa
1 Pichu
1 Darkrai EX

Don't quite get the 4 sneasel but only 2 weavile; someone explain.
Maybe 2 Absol Prime as a starter with its pokebody instead of pichu (we have collector!); and perhaps the use of the new shiftry.

Depending on the TSS, 4-2 Weavile is a perfectly legitimate play. That Pokemon lineup is from my own build of Zoroark Rush that I've been testing recently, and I run 2 Seeker and 3 Super Scoop Up to use with Weavile in an attempt to really get my opponent on the other foot. After all, if this deck is going to be able to take on powerhouse EX decks like EZRT or Mewtwo and win, it really needs to do as much damage to them as possible before they get set up, and denying them key cards like their Supporters or their energy is crucial. So, with a few decent flips or your supporter drop (which can also help you donk, after all) you can play down Weavile, Claw Snag a card, then SSU or Seeker it back up again and evolve it onto the other Sneasel you have on the field for a second Claw Snag.

They also have free retreat, which is kinda nice, and you can use Beat Up in a pinch (it could happen). And, as has been established, there aren't that many synergistic pokemon vying for space.

I would run 1 or 2 of the BW Zoroak, with a 1-1 or 2-2 Mandibuzz EP. Then, either a Weavile line or Krookodile line depending on prefence, with a optional Darkrai Tech. Mandibuzz is mandatory [no pun inteaded] because of the Donphan and Terrakion match ups. I perfer EP because with dark fang and SP darks, it can do more damage. There would be 4 DCE, 4 Sp. Darks, and however many Basic Darks in this deck. In order to deal with EXs I reccamend 3-4 Dark Fang to maximize damage. As far as Match ups go, in order to OHKO a 180HP EX you would need a full bench of Darks, 4 Sp. Darks, and a Dark Fang, so thats not realistic. With Krookodile you would need 4 Prize cards taken, and either 2 Sp. Darks or a Dark Fang. This means that EX match ups matter all about momentum. With every thing else, it's all about speed. Zoaroak can OHKO every thing non EX with a Sp. Dark or Dark fang. Sadly, almost every thing can OHKO him. So it's all Speed for this guy.

I run 4-4 zoroark Dark Rush 4-4 Weavile undaunted can put one from hail blizzard and 2 darkrai ex
it sets up very fast but it had some trouble against my empoleon/donphan deck

Absol Prime definitely warrants a spot in the deck. It's a great starter, hitting a strong 100 with a Sp.Dark and the Tool starting turn 2. In fact, with dark patch it's very possible to push a T1 Absol with the right support. I would run it like Absol rush with Zoroark in the back to sweep late game. Zoroark can hit 140 easily with the tool to ohko Donphan, and the Dragons and with Absol support/Pluspower it even ohkos Magnezone. I'm really looking forward to the deck, seems like it could make pretty big impact.

The only problem with Zoroak is the HP. He can OHKO every thing non-EX or legend, but most things can OHKO him too. I think the most playable builds will be with [1]Weavile for disruption, [2]Absol for Damage[which counter-acts Eviolite], [3]Darkrai with swarm T\S\S line, and lastly,[4] Krookodile for late game.
Haveing four good varients isn't bad though.

I think this could work with Cinccino. It would lower your damage a little, but help do quick damage after your zoroarks are koed.Same concept for empoleon (jumpluff if terrakion gets big)

Sorry, cinccino would not work. Lowering your damage is the exact opposite of what you want to do. It'd be way easier to just drop another zoroark.

Back